• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
why make threads when u can just link/edit/post them all in one thread :\
So that the information is divided into chunks of (mostly) undivided conversation more easily accessible to newcomers.

That, and so that the info is more easily linked in the Kongpendium :)

:262: :041:

Oh, and do any of the other Diddy mains out there watch LOST? They're going to go further into Jacob and the MiB's backstory tonight! :D

EDIT:
I think that diddy kongs don't use the instant ground throw enough. Im going to start dribbling to instant ground throw
TBH I have a lot of trouble doing this, even having set Jump to R (which I thought would make it simpler, but I guess not). Do you have any tricks for how to do it?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
So that the information is divided into chunks of (mostly) undivided conversation more easily accessible to newcomers.

That, and so that the info is more easily linked in the Kongpendium :)

:262: :041:

Oh, and do any of the other Diddy mains out there watch LOST? They're going to go further into Jacob and the MiB's backstory tonight! :D

EDIT:

TBH I have a lot of trouble doing this, even having set Jump to R (which I thought would make it simpler, but I guess not). Do you have any tricks for how to do it?
just try to buffer it

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Today while (unsuccessfully) coming up with PSNL setups other then dnl>footstool, I tried doing down glidetosses forward while standing next to them and....doing something after. What i found instead, is that (excuse me if this was already done) but I would do a forward down GT and when the banana would go up and they tripped forward, it would end up in a position in which if you dashed past and pivot grabbed them backward, you were perfectly set up for the banana choke chain grab, which could net you a good 20-40 percent damage. Just thought I would put that out there. Gonna try again later for more setups.

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
its all bout x set to grab guys...yadadada. man dekar would be ashamed of u guys who cant instant <insert anything here>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wait for the last clip:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsNgRmsx-14&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsNgRmsx-14&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm gonna MM Mew2King when he comes to Australia this year for $50.
Quickly, someone tell me how to beat him!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
:O :O :O OH MY GOD. That kid looks WAAAAAAAAY too much like m2k...

Anyhow Ingulit if you can b-dacus and do all the complex **** this should be cake. You have r-jump right? just run towards the banana and go R>L(assuming its air dodge for you)>C-stick. take like...2 minutes and im sure you'll have it down. just do it fast

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
of course.

i am DFEAR you see (points fingers on lips and raises it to make a smile)

i could make it more epic with ORIGINAL graphics :3 but that would require time and creativity which i have BOTH of but am too lazy atm xD...anyway suggestions for flowchart ideas lol

Conti

Smash Ace
Lol just do one for everything... be sarcastic/halarious and at the same time accurate...

[D3s flowvchart is based on what they r doing n if they can be cg'd... snakes is based on how far they r and ftilting, running away and spamming nades... diddy can be about both distance and what they r doing and have it banana in hand or not]

In other news... Yay todays my birthday ^_^

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i can now safely say that i have found a *new?* infinite on alot of characters including meta knight

its a mix between the single nana lock and using a method of my own for turning him around.

it goes like this: banana in hand -> short hop over your opponent->down throw the banana->dair catch and land right next to your tripped opponent-> turn around and down throw the banana (your opponent should now trip in YOUR direction which means he goes through yo-> short hop insta throw the banana down-> dair catch and land next to your still tripped opponent-> continue the SNL-> turn around using aforementioned method->continue SNL

you can do this to one end of the stage to another, or just keep doing the turn around sequence (which means as soon as you land next to your opponent after you turned him around, you turn around and down throw again rinse and repeat :p

im still practicing to get it consistent, but i have managed to 0-death jiggz multiple times (its alot easier on jiggz cause she doesnt go very far after the trip, same with GaW)

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Send me a replay and I'll upload it. So, you're combining SNL and Shield Bouncing into a new infinite? tbh it sounds convoluted :x

:264: :041:
ill try to make a nice replay of it (some of it might suck cause im not too consistent, but you can cut out the good parts)

it might even be doable on the smashville platform :p (nope its not, moving platform fcks up the direction of the banana)

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
what sheik is doing is actually alot harder than what im trying to do :p

ok ingulit, i have 2 replays of me doing the infinite (while messing up badly at times)
but in the jigglypuff video, right at the start is a good example.

second vid is of meta knight and the best example there is at about 1:30 (i taunt afterwards)

also me doing something *new???* with the sliding fsmash you can see afterwards ^^ totally not having to do anything with the infinite

where can i send the vids to? an email adress would be nice :p (i dont have wifi so i have to send the files from the SD)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Lol Grizzer, I have got the same avatar on some forums, so kudos to you =V

Anyway, we have got too many infinites now, we're gonna get banned =3

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Lol Grizzer, I have got the same avatar on some forums, so kudos to you =V

Anyway, we have got too many infinites now, we're gonna get banned =3
totally going for that ban on broken diddy, someone pls SNL to Grizzfinite <-LOL to PSNL to Dribble lock M2K? surely gonna get banned then :lick:

and indeed, best Weegee avvy evar :3

TreK

Is "that guy"
lol, I don't think anyone has a good enough techskill to pull it off ; plus a good enough mindgame to pull it off on mother****ing2king.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
hey guys, i can now safely say that i have found a *new?* infinite on alot of characters including meta knight

its a mix between the single nana lock and using a method of my own for turning him around.

it goes like this: banana in hand -> short hop over your opponent->down throw the banana->dair catch and land right next to your tripped opponent-> turn around and down throw the banana (your opponent should now trip in YOUR direction which means he goes through yo-> short hop insta throw the banana down-> dair catch and land next to your still tripped opponent-> continue the SNL-> turn around using aforementioned method->continue SNL

you can do this to one end of the stage to another, or just keep doing the turn around sequence (which means as soon as you land next to your opponent after you turned him around, you turn around and down throw again rinse and repeat :p

im still practicing to get it consistent, but i have managed to 0-death jiggz multiple times (its alot easier on jiggz cause she doesnt go very far after the trip, same with GaW)
This is amazing. I practiced this just now for about 10 minutes, and I was able to start from the right end of FD against Jiggs, SNL to this turn to SNL back to the right. For some reason this is harder for me to do facing right, I'll just have to work on that.

Not only is the SNL turn around easier so infiniting on FD is easier, but doing this turn you found means that you can infinite anywhere that's flat. NOW DIDDY KONG CAN INFINITE ON PLATFORMS GET GRIZZFINITE

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
i don't exactly know what it is, but it sounds like a SNL with a random instant throw thrown in?
i think you have to see it to undestand

its basically, you dthrow the banana while standing on the ground and facing away
your opponents trips from your, lets say, left to your right, then you instant throw the banana back down and continue the SNL the other way

and lol, thx avaricepanda for your enthousiasm :)
as soon as ingulit gives me his email i can mail him the replays i made of it XD so this can go public

EDIT: and lol, its harder to go right for me too, left i can do perfectly and easily, but to the right is just weird :S i think it has to do with the way you hold the control stick to DI.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nah, the directions are not the same. It's hard to explain.
Just try to crawl dash with Luigi in both directions. Even if you do it perfectly, you will slide better from right to left than from left to right. I guess it has to do with it.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Nah, the directions are not the same. It's hard to explain.
Just try to crawl dash with Luigi in both directions. Even if you do it perfectly, you will slide better from right to left than from left to right. I guess it has to do with it.
O.o really? i thought it might even have to do with me using tap jump (which is kinda awkward to short hop and DI with)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom