• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
snl is single nana lock, what is psnl? If its just the single, i've managed to do it, or at least start it in matches. I can practice it fine, and getting it going in a match isn't the hardest thing, but keeping it up is difficult.

DNL> reversed SNL> D-GT back and forth infinite > F-Smash > win.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
He makes a good point.

Also, what do you mean "even the Lucas boards have it"? Do you expect Lucas to suck or something?
naww I <3 Lucas.. he's one of my secondaries.. I'm just saying even the (arguably) most underrepresented character in the game has enough dedicated players for someone to make the hitbox video.. Well mostly RocketPSIence that dude does ALOT for the Lucas boards lol

TreK

Is "that guy"
I would do it, but I can't anymore, my recorder doesn't work with windows 7 (yay 30€ in my face)

I THINK I could do the psa though, if it's not done already. And if PSA works on windows 7, that is (I haven't touched it for 2 months, shame on me)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol after playing the Bowser v. Diddy MU, I can see why it's so silly. I can practically throw a random banana and he'll slip lol. Banana takes away whirling fortress + a bunch of other options, it just stinks having a big hurtbox (although it's great on the other end of the MU)

So, what are some more specific things to look for exploiting in the Diddy v. Snake MU?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^basically called confirms >_>

tripping makes confirms possible...tripping alone is w,e and annoying lol

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hey Diddy community...im not new to Diddy
Ive jus been trying to get good with him and recently I did lol
He's my second main
My question is I was just wondering if anyone knew Diddy's downthrow
can stage spike?
I did it today against Ganon while in training mode
He got back to the stage somehow but I definitely stage spiked him....Also today I did a downthrow tech chase on Ganon and chained about 7 throws (downthrow is my most used throw)
does it work during competitive play?

naww I <3 Lucas.. he's one of my secondaries.. I'm just saying even the (arguably) most underrepresented character in the game has enough dedicated players for someone to make the hitbox video.. Well mostly RocketPSIence that dude does ALOT for the Lucas boards lol
Thats whats up!...yup he revived the Lucas boards.
A chosen few of us Lucas mains used to just chill in the OBR
Now theres activity in the boards so we particiapte, and we're getting more Lucas players now
Glad to see someone that loves Lucas as much as we do

DFEAR

Smash Hero
My question is I was just wondering if anyone knew Diddy's downthrow
can stage spike?
I did it today against Ganon while in training mode
He got back to the stage somehow but I definitely stage spiked him....Also today I did a downthrow tech chase on Ganon and chained about 7 throws (downthrow is my most used throw)
does it work during competitive play?
didnt know it could stage spike...provide a vid for us or is it like gnw dthrow "spike"?

and you cant really tech chase with d throw unless literally at 0% or if ur opponent is bluntly going towards u in the air/ stationary in the air / keeps doing same things when you throw him/ opponent is dumb.

lil cj

Smash Lord
didnt know it could stage spike...provide a vid for us or is it like gnw dthrow "spike"?

and you cant really tech chase with d throw unless literally at 0% or if ur opponent is bluntly going towards u in the air/ stationary in the air / keeps doing same things when you throw him/ opponent is dumb.
I wish I could but this happened in training mode
Ive been trying to replicate it but no luck yet.
It probably depends on how close you are to the edge...im still testing it
I havnt seen gnw's dthrow spike, but I imagine it might be similar
It kinda reminds me of Kirby's upthrow stage spike on Lucario

Esca

Smash Champion
Goose I'm actually doing the same thing.

Go to Ebscohost and use the Psycinfo database through there, filter search results and find related articles. Pretty easy.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I didn't really want to make a thread for this and I'm sure its already been asked somewhere in these vast forums, but I need help with this.

In tough matches where things are getting really nerve racking...I crack under the pressure. Once I get nervous I start playing poorly and start making mistakes and end up losing matches I shouldn't. Does anyone else have a problem with this? If so how do you deal with it? Thanks in advance

DFEAR

Smash Hero
just practice at high stakes then. for example play with a friend of equal or more skill and play at killing %'s less mistakes more wins.

or listen to ur fav song on ur ipod during matches

Smash Ace
Hmm thats actually not a bad idea. Maybe I can start some friendlies on my last stock to get into that mindset where i cant make any more mistakes...Any other suggestions from anyone?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@sai

you're not approaching this the right way

the REASON why you're cracking around those percentages is because your style simply isn't safe enough...it doesn't adapt to safer strategies during pressure situations

if you can make it to a god kai's dojo or a milf fest i can help u with this, ss and i have been meaning to do this for a long time:

100 hp live as long as you can, for every minute that you live you get a real game on the TV. as ppl get better at this adjust the time limit or hp count. OR one person starts at 200 the other person starts at 50 (comeback situation), or vice-versa (hold the lead situation)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hmm thats actually not a bad idea. Maybe I can start some friendlies on my last stock to get into that mindset where i cant make any more mistakes...Any other suggestions from anyone?
2 things:

1) I can prolly start smashing with you guys a bit, but not today cuz I gotta buy MLG passes, and I can help you with this

2) Don't listen to Clowsui!

Smash Ace
...well **** lol.

Coming to play next week maybe? or if Ed has something tomorrow?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nah we aint lazy guys...we just want other ppl to do our **** :\...im still waiting for more REAL posts in the ice climbers matchup thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom