• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
its a ditto...no such thing as doing such n' such against a certain character if he can do exactly the same to u...i dont even think its possible to camp a diddy with a % lead in a ditto.

also bring the whole dang banana tree!

edit: goin to WATO today, gonna use PSNL in combat and will record all my matches...im probably only gonna PSNL pickachu/wario/mk/snake since those are the only ones i practiced on :\
lol,, I figured as much I suppose. Guess I'm thinking more Melee orientated things (lol Fox Chain grabbing himself).

tibs7

Smash Champion
Dw bout me vyse, tedeth and earl and Attila are the ones to look out for.

how do I beat a wario that just sits on the sv platform for like the whole match? And against mk on frigate I don't really know what to do. If someone could supply the tips, it woul be handy. Cheers

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I'm a newb but I'll try helping anyway.

On Frigate, camp on either side of the stage in the first form, just don't let MK get you off-stage on the right side of it because then you're probably going to lose the stock. Second transformation is just the same as fighting on Yoshi's except with steeper slants and somewhat gayer edges.

On SV vs an air camping Wario...I don't know what to tell you. I would say try and build an aerial wall with naners so he can't escape and then box him in with Fair, Uair, or Bair to stop him from continuing with his air camping but, depends on how smart the Wario is with his moves. What I do is full hop>peanut shots to get him to jump then run in and throw naners into the air or place them on the ground to get him to move where I want him to and attack. :I

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I would say if he's camping out the platform, then put a disgusting amount of peanuts in the air, used in conjunction with up GT'ed bananas underneath followed by uair or fair or something. You could try messing with his brain by running up with a banana in hand, full jump into z-dropped banana and instant recatch with a fair or something then throw.

Yaman12

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick question. What are the pros and cons of Diddy's Nair? Just wondering

TreK

Is "that guy"
its hitboxs lasts literally two years and has godlike priority against projectiles, but it hasn't got any range so it gets beaten by any other aerial. It does only 6 %, never kills and only combos into stuff from 0 to 15%.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Dw bout me vyse, tedeth and earl and Attila are the ones to look out for.

how do I beat a wario that just sits on the sv platform for like the whole match? And against mk on frigate I don't really know what to do. If someone could supply the tips, it woul be handy. Cheers
think of it like as if u were ice climbers...no matter the character they will always camp HARDCORE against an ice climbers or super duper aggressive pressure style or w.e just pressure ur opponent into making mistakes etc. throw the banana on the platform at an angle, force him to get the banana so you can punish, etc. wario is a *****

btw i despise peach. stupid dair/nair

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
if you are falling near your opponent and used up your side b already. it's best to use nair or airdodge to spotdodge.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys I know I already asked this but I don't know what to do.

If I'm Diddy and there's a Pit planking, how do I beat him?

Conti

Smash Ace
Guys I know I already asked this but I don't know what to do.

If I'm Diddy and there's a Pit planking, how do I beat him?
Shorthop peanuts... run up a nanar and hop over and dthrow [proper timing] ... run off and backair... watever the situation says to punish em...

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Shield Bouncing is vital in Olimar MU for controlling bananas. And I think nair works best for killing all the pikmin that latch on you.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Shield Bouncing is vital in Olimar MU for controlling bananas. And I think nair works best for killing all the pikmin that latch on you.
You might need to be more specific when you say that; I'm assuming, when you say Shield Bouncing, you're also referring to catching bouncing Bananas off their thrown Pikmin, correct? That IS still called Shield Bouncing (I think :confused:), but that could get vague quickly when discussing Olimar. And yes, it is VERY important in that MU.

As far as getting Pikmin off, N-Air really is good. It doesn't suffer nearly as much hitstun as Dash Attack does when trying to pry them off (try using DA when two or three are latched onto you; the whole DA animation will last you a good 1.5-2 seconds), and I *think* it is our only move that has a hitbox everywhere Pikmin can latch on (please correct me if I'm wrong, because that's very important info for us). If only N-Air did some decent damage, though... Against fresh Pikmin, a single N-Air may not do the job.

EDIT: When I make threads like the "Nobody to practice with?" or the Kongpendium, I have always tried to use the following format when trying to convey button inputs:

Input buttons with + between them at the same time:
Forward on Control Stick + Up on C-Stick

Input buttons separated by > brackets on after another:
Drop from ledge > Jump

However, I'm finding that I need to convey other things as well, such as QUICKLY performing inputs consecutively or TIMING inputs carefully (usually that means a pause). On a quasi-related note, I'm going to start using this (which I think I already do, but I'm not sure):

Input either button separated by a /, your choice:
Up on C-Stick / A

What do you guys think about this format? How could I improve it?

DUB

Smash Lord
my diddy kong just got pooped on by a good olimar from my region. how do you deal with that pikmin spam when pulling out your nanas? that **** was annoying as hell.
Z-drop nairs above Olimar work wonders.

MFK plows through Pikmin. My favorite move in the matchup. Careful as it's easy to Pivot grab if predicted.

And yeah, like the others said, Nair/DA is great for getting Pikmin off.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
MFK plows through Pikmin. My favorite move in the matchup. Careful as it's easy to Pivot grab if predicted.
Actually, any good Olimar I play tries to bait me into MFKing by tossing Pikmin, and because we suffer hitstun each time we hit one of the flying buggers, Olimar can see the kick coming from a mile away and, as you said, Pivot Grab.

Also, I stated that Dash Attack is bad for getting Pikmin off; it's got three weird hitboxes that don't get rid of all the Pikmin, and the hitstun induced is huge when you do connect with one. This, again, is easily read by the Olimar player, and it leads to an easy Pivot Grab for him.

If the Olimar is spamming Pikmin and you really feel you have to get them off now, N-Air is a good choice. Otherwise, usually if I see the Oilmar player spamming Pikmin (ESPECIALLY if he is Short-Hopping the throws), I just run straight through them and F-Air Olimar in the face. The F-Air takes care of any Pikmin that latched on duing the assault, and in this case the added hitstun is beneficial because our hitbox stays out longer.

Other times, in the same situation, I'll Boosted Pivot Grab, anticipating the Olimar player wanted to Shield Grab. From there, one just tosses him over the ledge (or as close to it as one can get) and then continue to harass him.

We need to be decently aggressive in this match-up, because if we try to camp for even a few seconds with a white Pikmin on us, that might as well be a stock. Try and knock him over the edge and keep him at bay from there using a wall of Bananas and F-Airs.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Just hopping in there, we still haven't got any complete hitbuble hack do we ?

I'm in charge of the French Diddy boards and they want me to do a guide =/

Boofy!

Smash Champion
i can barely understand what they're saying, I don't think i've heard anyone use "what a head" in my life lmao.. you aussies crack me up.

dvon21

Smash Apprentice
the olimar are play constantly spaces with pikmin, when i try to sh fair him in the face he grabs me :( why!?!? XD what can i do to set that up better considering pikmin stop the nanerz?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
the olimar are play constantly spaces with pikmin, when i try to sh fair him in the face he grabs me :( why!?!? XD what can i do to set that up better considering pikmin stop the nanerz?
If he's short-hopping the Pikmin throws, try to put the Banana under where he would land (or would like to land, putting them in a bad position). If you're facing a head-on assault, throw the Banana at his Pikmin and then jump and Instant Throw the Banana again after it bounces off the Pikmin until you reach Olimar.

EDIT: If he ISN'T short-hopping the throws, then running up with a F-Air is a bad choice... since he can grab. That's when you'd use the second thing I mentioned.

tibs7

Smash Champion
He clearly states the 'what a head' response is for people that have heads that belong in the zoo haha.

50% of people that live in my state in aus are like this. They are pretty funny but some are massive douchebags.

You Americans are the strange ones, I can't believe you don't have people like this over there. wtf.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
All of the aussie terminology is just....fuggin bizzare lol. Like u guys take slang to an extreme level.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Sigh

When i think the diddy boards are on the right track you go and change the title to something dumb

Shoot more peanuts.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we srsrly need to learn psnl...easiest **** ever...when ur by urself against a walking cpu...but in combat u freeze up and just start camping like usually >_> ughhh not comfortable yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom