• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
needs more reasoning.

Edit: 4000th post on this thread =D
ROB's only aerial that he can approach with is fair; the others can be blocked on reaction.

To compensate for this, ROB's often rely on mix-ups in their approach such as stalling in front of an opponent with up+b, landing behind their shield, etc., etc. All become more difficult with plats in the way.

In addition to this, and this is the big thing, ROB has two HUUUUUUGE blindspots. One directly behind him, one directly below him. That means from about 5 o'clock to 10 o'clock, ROB can't hurt you without you seeing it WAY in advance. That's bad for ROB when he's getting back to the stage, right?

Now add in multiple platforms that he's forced to deal with, and it becomes near impossible. :\

Also, the stage is uber small, so no camping with projectiles to get free chip damage.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
So, I've got a hypothetical question for you guys. Let's say you're at a tournament and just lost the first round. You ask your opponent what stage he/she wants to ban, and they don't say FD. (where they ban is unimportant for this discussion) In this case, is there ever a time or match-up where it would be smarter to pick another stage, knowing that FD is an option?
I would prefer to play against Snake, Wolf, Falco, Rob, and Olimar on SV rather than FD...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
bf is too good against rob. i always go castle siege/fd/sv/rainbow as personal cps. and only on occasion choose to strictly cp someone to frigate or delfino etc etc

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hmmmmmm
well we've known about this i guess, but is it easier than snl?
It is much easeir than the snl. The problem is that everyone can do it to Diddy too.

The cool thing he showed was a few of the setups; they're very specific, but not altogether uncommon.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
That's so cool and flashy lol...well since the regular snl isnt really too difficult i guess ill try to learn this one

Boofy!

Smash Champion
idk if everyone has already seen this or not but here's a list of the characters that can do the footstool f@ggotry, i've kinda been out of the loop for awhile =/

MK
Wario
DDD
GnW
Pikachu
Kirby
Pit
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik
Squirtle
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Falcon
Link
Ganon

FOXYB

Smash Cadet
I think this time in Diddy's development had to come at some point. Diddy has been a late bloomer, and I'd wager that he's going to end up tiering somewhere high alongside the likes of Marth and Falco, maybe a little lower. I think of him as a dark horse, like Doctor Mario was, at this point.
and a year an a half later diddy is number 3. can i say justice has been served?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So now that we're #3, I think the old fear of "other people will finally learn how to use Bananas" might become a reality. There are four characters with unique Banana infinites against us now... I think I might need to re-boot Potassium Overdose with the original idea of us figuring out how to stop said infinites from working being the main goal.

So, Diddy mains, I have two questions:
1) How worried are you about other characters learning to use Bananas, now that we've gotten so high in the tier list (or, are you at all)?

2) Do you think any of the Banana infintes other characters have come up with will ever see use in an actual tournament match? It takes a lot of practice to get those right, and it's only for this one match-up... Leading me to think that even the four with infinites might not practice them often enough unless their area is absolutely Diddy-crazy.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
1) How worried are you about other characters learning to use Bananas, now that we've gotten so high in the tier list (or, are you at all)?
Practicing with bananas in training mode is no substitute for playing an actual Diddy...The people that do well against Diddy usually play against them on a daily basis, and I don't think Diddy's placement on the tier list is going to make people go out and train against Diddys...They know who the main Diddy threat in their area is, so if anything that's who will cause people to go train with other Diddys to try and learn the match up.

2) Do you think any of the Banana infintes other characters have come up with will ever see use in an actual tournament match? It takes a lot of practice to get those right, and it's only for this one match-up... Leading me to think that even the four with infinites might not practice them often enough unless their area is absolutely Diddy-crazy.
How long have we known about SNL without implementing it in matches?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
The footstool infintes are so suprisingly easy...i did it to razer last night with mk without even thinking....
esam learned it too. gonna be a ***** to fight him now in tournies over here buts its k i learned it as well : > were gonna be like a mini ice climbers

ADHD

Smash Hero
I didn't do ****, you can't say anything right now. I came from the most draining music rehearsal of my life after getting up at 5 AM, went to a tournament 2 hours late and failed with inui in doubles even though the place we should have gotten was probably higher, and now I am only getting < two hours of sleep after getting trash talked while losing a tournament by a thread. Today, I also have a concert with alot of pressure on my shoulders, look, this isn't the best time to joke around please.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
this isn't the best time to joke around please.
By "us", I was not referring to every Diddy, I was referring to all of the other Diddys...Chill out, its basically a compliment, as in, ADHD is so much better than everyone else, hence making us look bad.

Gnes

Smash Master
I didn't do ****, you can't say anything right now. I came from the most draining music rehearsal of my life after getting up at 5 AM, went to a tournament 2 hours late and failed with inui in doubles even though the place we should have gotten was probably higher, and now I am only getting < two hours of sleep after getting trash talked while losing a tournament by a thread. Today, I also have a concert with alot of pressure on my shoulders, look, this isn't the best time to joke around please.
We'll talk about snake later bud...ill be on aim later tonight...
snakes shield is brokn

dvon21

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm a long time reader.. no time poster XD just wanted to introduce mahself to the Diddy brotherhood aha. I guess i'm a decent Diddy and I look forward to posting my input on some issues to come and hopefully learn a ****load from my brawl idols. :D

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm a long time reader.. no time poster XD just wanted to introduce mahself to the Diddy brotherhood aha. I guess i'm a decent Diddy and I look forward to posting my input on some issues to come and hopefully learn a ****load from my brawl idols. :D
Haha welcome... I was the same way... now I'm a sometime poster n fulltime nubzor ;]

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Lol, I'm a long time poster and a terrible Diddy :laugh: You'll be quite welcome here, just read the stickies first ;P

so can anyone PSNL diddy :\ his trip animation is so friggin short!
*See bolded*

Shouldn't that make it harder for people to PSNL us? (I like that term btw)

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
It would be a great help if you guys would help out in the Critique thread for a while. I need to get back into brawl and until i do, I don't think it's right for me to help anyone when I have been out of the loop for about 5 months.

Some of you write really detailed critiques which I love. I want the recent people who posted to get some serious critiques.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
T.T i want to upload my current tourney matches but fudgeit i dont own a wii all my current uploads are 2008 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom