• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwett

Smash Ace
When cg'ed, apparently if you time R+A, you will drop the banana. Also, outside of running > pivot > dsmash or canceling your run by dropping below a platform and canceling it with a dsmash, I don't know how to running dsmash.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dash towards the end of a stage where ur dash ends at the farthest edge then wait a couple secs and press forward on ur c stick. wall-a a delayed fair off stage without having to press anything. dash the stage twice for bair. yay mixup

Bwett

Smash Ace
If you do the beginning of a foxtrot, if you wait you can do a dsmash right afterwards. Furthermore, if you wait for the dash to end, begin another trot in the same direction and immediately change to the other direction, you can instantly change directions from a run into a run. Within that change in direction, you can do an attack.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
we're throwing out at's at each other eh...
Pullin' out the big guns, shootin' the big nuts

Luigi player, I don't mind at all, I just found it amusing :) Thanks for doing the translation, because I never could have done it myself!

So, so far I'm DACUSing once out of every thirty tries, roughly. I always end up doing a standing Up-Smash or a Hyphen Smash instead of starting a Dash Attack (I'm pressing the C-Stick up twice). Am I just buffering too early/late? How long do you have to buffer attacks out of an animation (spotdodge, in my case)?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its easier for me to dash, c stick down, c stick up within 3-5 frames. thanks to tommy g for the method

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm just buffering the direction+c-stick up twice. I seem to get it whenever I need to in a match, but never when I try just for lols. It's easier with Falco, because you can do it out of SHDL and sort of time it by relating how low your second laser is to when you should buffer it or whatever.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Does it really have to be wit the c-stick only? I have Z-attack on for Dacus with Sheik but cant do this with Diddy. So should i assume it HAS to be with the c-stick?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Does it really have to be wit the c-stick only? I have Z-attack on for Dacus with Sheik but cant do this with Diddy. So should i assume it HAS to be with the c-stick?
unless someone finds uses for the z button ;_;

Overswarm

is laughing at you
youi mean DACG

which you can do. Doc could do it in melee to make his dash attack noise while grabbing, Sheik can extend her grab range, snake can extend his grab range, MK can extend his grab range, etc., etc.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm loving Diddy's DACUS... it is so easy to do! If you're still having problems doing it, practice this:

Glide Toss Backward, throw Banana Down --DURING SLIDING ANIMATION--> Press Forward on Analog Stick > Up on C-Stick > Up on C-Stick --END SLIDING ANIMATION--> You should have just DACUSed forward and picked up your Banana while sliding.

If you can get that down, doing the DACUS on command is a piece of cake.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
@Ingulit: i thought you couldn't just do it on command without buffering out of something
I am buffering it out of something, be it a spot-dodge or the sliding animation during a Dribble.

EDIT: For shiggles, I made a video showing the hitbubbles of Diddy's BDACUS (for anyone who might care):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtus8IAOR08

I also demonstrated performing the BDACUS out of a Dribble and a Popgun, both uses that I believe we could find useful.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
uhh I'm not sure if I'm doing the whole D-smash out of run thing right or if this is even new, but when you run and do the turning-around-in-run animation (the one that OS was doing in place in the video) and turn around like you would, you can do a crouch-cancelled D-tilt/D-smash/maybe something else and slide a somewhat considerable distance.

I was just messing around in the wi-fi waiting room, I'm not even sure if this is new at all lol.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
uhh I'm not sure if I'm doing the whole D-smash out of run thing right or if this is even new, but when you run and do the turning-around-in-run animation (the one that OS was doing in place in the video) and turn around like you would, you can do a crouch-cancelled D-tilt/D-smash/maybe something else and slide a somewhat considerable distance.
You shouldn't slide at all.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Not really slide...well I seem to slide a little when I D-tilt, but there's a boost of momentum because of running before you do D-smash/D-tilt so it's a pseudo-slide before the attack, I guess.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Hey Diddy Boards.

How long does it take for a banana to despawn?

Assuming Diddy does not pick it up after it spawned.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey there, how do you do a pivot forward dribble? I found it somewhere, but can't seem to do it.
- Pivot Dribble
Credit goes to Le_THieN and Hylian
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193445
Yet another form of Dribbling, a Pivot Dribble allows you to pick up your Banana even after Glide Tossing forwards.

To quote Le_THieN's thread Underused Technique: Pivot Dribbling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_THieN
To my understanding, the community has always assumed that you can't really grab your banana again after you dribble a banana in the same direction that you're facing. Of course, with the newfound versatility of pivoting constantly bringing new things to the table in Brawl, in turns out that you can indeed pick up the banana immediately after a forward dribble by buffering a change of direction to turn around and face your banana and hitting the A-button to pick it up. To break it down, it works like this:

• glide-toss forward
  • push down on the C-stick to throw the banana at the ground
  • as you're moving forward, buffer/hold the opposite direction
  • push the A-button
The timing is not as fast as the reverse single dribble; there's a slight delay. There's a very small window of time for you to actually grab the banana right before you slide outside of its range. It's also not very forgiving and requires a pretty precise input of the A-button. Once you figure out the timing though, you can pretty much develop a rhythm to dribble back and forth on a single banana.

Taken from the Kongpendium:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236290

So guys, I can't do ****ing anything against Lucario. Seriously, I've had one knock me out of tournaments twice in a row. What do you do to punish a Lucario spamming Aura Sphere from the opposite side of Smashville, who is unusually skilled at picking up Bananas thrown at him out of the air, and who simply back-rolls away from you if you get near? I couldn't touch the ****er >:(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lucario is a ***** after 100%...nuff said. id make a bunch of walls and time him out or progressively move ur wall closer to him and punish anything he does with w.e

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Trap the lucario with bananas and peanuts. Like use one banana to stop him from rolling if he does, so he doesnt roll a lot. if he does roll to that banana, he'll probably roll away from you again so predict that and dash grab him.

aurasphere is easy unless he is at a high % and you're off stage, then you're kinda screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom