• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Yo guys, I just picked up Diddy as a serious secondary and I wanted to introduce myself.

dvon21

Smash Apprentice
Haha welcome... I was the same way... now I'm a sometime poster n fulltime nubzor ;]
One of many.. sadface (me included) XD

Lol, I'm a long time poster and a terrible Diddy :laugh: You'll be quite welcome here, just read the stickies first ;P

Lol, well I've always been lurking in the shadows XD and secretly been watching every vid possible but yea thanks for the warm welcome guys!

ShockisBack

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I've been lurking for a while now, but it's time for me to step into the light.

I'm gonna pick diddy up as a serious secondary as a MK and diddy counter. And I need to stop going even with ingulit.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Hi all! Seems this is the place for people to introduce themselves after lurking moar for a while...

First question: besides Meta Knight, who should I choose as a secondary to complement my Diddy main?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Hi all! Seems this is the place for people to introduce themselves after lurking moar for a while...

First question: besides Meta Knight, who should I choose as a secondary to complement my Diddy main?
anyone who ***** wigi and peach

TreK

Is "that guy"
Marth is probably Diddy's best 2nd.

But Diddy doesn't need 2nds when you're sexy enough =3

edit : O**** 3AM I'M GEEKIN

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey guys. I've been lurking for a while now, but it's time for me to step into the light.

I'm gonna pick diddy up as a serious secondary as a MK and diddy counter. And I need to stop going even with ingulit.
WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE OMGBBQ
lol jk... but what do you mean "going even"? I think last we played it was mostly me two stocking you ;P you can become my apprentice, lol

As far as secondaries go... one of the reasons I play Diddy is because he doesn't truly need a secondary at all. If you fell you absolutely need one, DDD or Marth are safe bets (or MK, but that's the obvious way out). I'm all for the idea that you can't really play Diddy well AND have a secondary, though; Diddy takes a lot of time and practice in order to actually be good, and having a secondary takes time away that you could be practicing Diddy. I'm not saying it can't happen, of course, but it's harder imo.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it is harder, I've been alting Diddy for a few months now and he requires sole attention for practice and improving.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
if you up taunt while having the flower on your head (like when jiggs gets a rest) the flower will stay stuck to diddy's hat as it twirls through the air, epic super secret advanced tech.

Esca

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNUvpCPFZY

The mysterious pseudo-DACUS re-appears I see.:laugh:

There must be some way to buffer this or something. Or it's just a weird FD glitch.
Nah it happened to me on smashville and FD. If we could duplicate this, imagine how amazing it would be XD We could attack people's shields without any possible way of being punished! And plus, not to mention, cover a ridiculous length of ground with a single attack.
These posts were 1 year ago btw.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
PSNL is legit. ppl learn its setups. im gonna try to use it in tournament this WATO. wish me luck o.o

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was cool, too, back when it was first discovered. It really did take a long time before we figured it out, didn't it? :laugh: And now we're unsure of how to use it, after saying "OMG if we can do this it'd be great!"
lol so true, we used to think it was some crazy glitch we would never be able to do.

what does the P in PSNL stand for?
I'm pretty sure it stands for Perfect? :dizzy:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what's the difference between psnl and snl? just frame timing?
one uses footstools and airdodges goin in any direction while the other uses ff canceled dairs in one direction

and p1, you can use BOTH simultaneously, if you want. im learning PSNL cause its easier and its a free legit stock , so why not learn it? same can go for SNL, but im only gonna use SNL as one of many set ups into PSNL, otherwise, it serves no purpose other than to look cool and ur opponent sdi'n the dair off the stage to stage tech meh...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ium4vfWujtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ium4vfWujtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Player-3

Smash Hero
so the diddy boards have finally accept the Player's strategy to being pro with diddy

no wonder he's number 3 now

shoot more and he might get #2

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
How do I win the Diddy Ditto.

Must defeat tibs and become Australia's best Diddy attempt to mitigate almost certain embarrassment in about a month's time.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
How do I win the Diddy Ditto.

Must defeat tibs and become Australia's best Diddy attempt to mitigate almost certain embarrassment in about a month's time.
abuse grabs/bananas and peanuts/nair off stage rest is up to player.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its a ditto...no such thing as doing such n' such against a certain character if he can do exactly the same to u...i dont even think its possible to camp a diddy with a % lead in a ditto.

also bring the whole dang banana tree!

edit: goin to WATO today, gonna use PSNL in combat and will record all my matches...im probably only gonna PSNL pickachu/wario/mk/snake since those are the only ones i practiced on :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom