• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yoshi Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yoshi Power Rankings

Points were transferred over from the old Power Rankings thread.

Rules: (By Lil b)
- must place at least 9th
- with at least 16 attendance
- only use Yoshi in that tourney (be honest)
- same as singles requirements
- has to be SBR rules meaning no items or low tier tourney etc.
- can't submit results over a month old
- post your results in this thread
- YOU MUST have a link to the original results page so I can confirm how many people attended
- 1 point was awarded to Yoshi's who achieved a placing 9th or higher before December 2008

You do not have to resubmit your results if I already have it

also keep submitting regular results too

The system I am going to use is

1st- 50 points
2nd- 45 points
3rd- 40 points
4th- 35 points
5th- 30 points
7th- 20 points
9th- 10 points

I will multiple that number by the amount of people that attended

I will round up from .5 or higher

Example: Lets say lil b gets 2nd out of 36 people then it would be 45 multiplied by .36 so that would be 16.2 which is rounded down to 16

Having trouble finding a tournament Yoshi in your region? Well here is a simple helpful solution separate the Yoshi mains in your state.

Overall Yoshi Power Rankings

United States

1. GreenAce (33 points) - MA
2. Bwett (32 points) - TX
3. PRiDE (20 points) - NJ (retired 2/8/09)
4. Sockz (11 points) - CA
5. Shiri (3 points) -
5. Furbs (3 points) - TX
6. Lil B (1 point) - VA
6. Scatz (1 point) - GA
6. Polt (1 point) - FL

International/outside U.S

1. Yikarur (10 points) - GER

If your name isn't on here it is most likely because you have not posted any results yet.

Lets see those results!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I am not from md.... look at location lol but it is no big dael pride
LOL doh.. Sorry lil b, MD/VA tend to meld together for me.. I never know who is from where. LOL

Chaco

Never Logs In
How big does the tourney need to be for it to count?

EDIT: also Sockz is Socal.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
16 players. If other Yoshi players do not like these rules. We can most certainly work together to change them. As of now I really think they are good. It makes all Yoshi's try harder to make the list.

Chaco

Never Logs In
16 players. If other Yoshi players do not like these rules. We can most certainly work together to change them. As of now I really think they are good. It makes all Yoshi's try harder to make the list.
I'm not sure if the one I'm going to will have 16, but it's the best I can do for now.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll be hopefully getting more results in march. I got 3 tourneys lined up for 2 weeks (the best it'll most likely get).

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Gotta step my game up. I sucked bad yesterday at my tourny (97 entrees for singles). :(
In teams, I was doing really good with my partner but that is kind of irrelevent to this thread. I must do better.

bigman40

Smash Master
Gotta step my game up. I sucked bad yesterday at my tourny (97 entrees for singles). :(
In teams, I was doing really good with my partner but that is kind of irrelevent to this thread. I must do better.
Improving is what we were stressing about. You don't have to beat yourself up cause you didn't place as well. Hearing that you'r edefinitely trying to get better is what we like to hear.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Improving is what we were stressing about. You don't have to beat yourself up cause you didn't place as well. Hearing that you'r edefinitely trying to get better is what we like to hear.
Thanks. I really got to work harder on my ETS because D3 is so gay. You kinda need to be on point to beat him. It sucks to lose, especially when you're better than the other person you are playing against. I also need to counterpick better.

I know next tourny though, I'm winning teams :chuckle: and I do much better in singles.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm just popping in to point out that it was the Battle For Western New York, not New York City. =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sockz and Bwett are my next targets!

After that, I'm gunning straight for the top!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
The PR's started at the very end of December 2008, so kinda like Jan 09 ish. If we went back any further I'd have A LOT more to add as well lol.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
pride add my results from this weekend! :D

I use whatever yoshi color, and am from CA/TX lol

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I will furbs but I need a link to the results first. And I know where you are from =)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Pride make sure the rules stand as is unless you give me a good reason for you to change them and good job on asking for results link

also I am most likely not going all yoshi for a while cuz I need to Step it Up! so just leave my name on there just in case I start going all yoshi again

Airborne

Smash Lord
i found out that my friend, xisin, got 4th place in the tournament i missed.... on wifi, and without any prior good marth knowledge, he 1-stocked me barely and 2-stocked me once or twice..... this tournament didn't have rowan but it had Overswarm AND Kel..... imagine what i'll be able to do at the uk tournament in 26 days.... WITH a lot more match-up knowledge AND in-person..... imagine.... =D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
apparently he lost two matches he shouldve won due to gordos. but thats only what ive heard :urg:
You just blame Sakurai, play some melee, then go back to brawl when a brawl friend asks for a match. Works for me all the time ;o

But two matches due to gordos. That's rough. Its like just at the wrong time, a life taking gordo comes out. Life is filled with gordos of irony ;o

Airborne

Smash Lord
You just blame Sakurai, play some melee, then go back to brawl when a brawl friend asks for a match. Works for me all the time ;o

But two matches due to gordos. That's rough. Its like just at the wrong time, a life taking gordo comes out. Life is filled with gordos of irony ;o
yeah it's like dying to peach's bombs at 20% or the cannonballs on Pirate Ship when you have 40% and the opponent has 150% on the last stock.... not fun.... happened to a friend of mine once.... it knocked him out of the tournament and i dont know why pirate ship was on there in the first place...

but yeah, if pride is retiring, who's gonna keep this thread updated?

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's a road block. You can't give up due to something like that. Because that won't happen everytime. Actually it won't happen like that most of the time. Gordos are a rarer occurance. It could've very well just been a Waddle. I saw how he played Atomsk, with the match he linked. If he p-lays like that every time that one gordo factor isn't going to hold him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom