• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yoshi Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I suppose it's up to Lil' B as to whether or not they count, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok, say i beat rowan and xisin and everyone else at this tourny on saturday.... there might be like 80 people there.... if i get first, ill be ahead of everyone else on the PR..... ky is not as competitive as every other place, so thatd be an unfair jump from NR to 1st.... o.O

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It will be a first place win, though.

I mean, it might not be as competitive, but it's legit.

It's like saying your chicken bacon ranch sammiches don't taste as good as mine because my bacon is thicker, even though your sandwich wins more awards than mine does.

Airborne

Smash Lord
:yoshi: It will be a first place win, though.

I mean, it might not be as competitive, but it's legit.

It's like saying your chicken bacon ranch sammiches don't taste as good as mine because my bacon is thicker, even though your sandwich wins more awards than mine does.
oh i see now... XD
but i should remind everyone that if i even do well at this tourny, i suck more than most of you all. XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: I suppose it's up to Lil' B as to whether or not they count, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
Would either of my friend's results count for this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6713580&postcount=833
I don't see why not as long as your friend doesn't care and a side note....

I have not entered a tourney in like a month or so, all i do is go and play friendlies and win MMs because I haven't been placing recently so I am just doing friendlies and MM and sometimes doubles. I just getting to lazy and cheap to enter I will enter maybe next tourney. But, Idk it depends on if i feel like it or not, it is just getting annoying because, i play the same 3 people everytime, and like 30+ enter our tourneys so its soooooo annoying. I beat those people at least 2 out of the 3 of them but its annoying to play the same efffing people every tourney.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You should try to start travelling with people from your state, Lil' B. ^___^

Trust me, going to an OoS tournament is a really refreshing experience and you get to poop all over people from other regions who are supposed to be good, it's a total blast.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
which is why i can look forward to seeing so many of you yoshis at WHOBO right?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
The problem with traveling is money and school. Because of school I can't go to a 2 day tourney because of school the following day which makes it so I don't usually travel besides going a hour or 2 to get to a Maryland tourney so it is Md/Va for lil b and not much more till maybe the summer or when I graduate.

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, no.

I managed to take a match off of Dazwa, who knocked me into loser's and took the whole thing. He ended up 3 stocking PC Chris and 3-0'd OBM.

In my losers bracket match I could've done better. Crowded venue, no sitting room, 2+ hour wait. I was so out of it that I just ran into everything and failed. He was even sent to loser's by a guy I 2-0'd. **** snake... well, he was still good though.

After that on my way out I bought a 1st party gamecube controller, paid for it, and forgot to grab it. (They ran it to me so I still got it). That's how out of it I was. I guess 9th of 107 is still pretty good, but I think I should've taken 7th or even 5th, though.

Airborne

Smash Lord
if i had weegee knowledge, i would be on the power rankings right now.... either 9th, 7th, or 5th..... b/c i would've faced 2 weegees in a row and then xisin... T-T

edit: omg, if i could've won the scond or third round of that weegee match, i'd be in 5th place on the PR! T-T

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Green Ace, good stuff! Wish I would have been there to see you beating people senseless! :D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm gonna go ahead and stop this right now before I have to do it later.

Back to Power Rankings and how Lil' B is beasting in teams.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Perhaps you didn't see my last post.

That particular discussion is over.

Back to power rankings, please.

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
Just forget I said anything, sorry if I offended anyone. I wouldn't say that if I was the one to make it up however, but I'll keep my mouth shut as to prevent any further bickering. To each their own I suppose.

Moving on...

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I just meant that you can't accurately judge players just like that. I talked to Green Ace, and it's cool. Please carry on lol

Airborne

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Perhaps you didn't see my last post.

That particular discussion is over.

Back to power rankings, please.
ok, about the power rankings..... me and ace kinda agree on one thing about it.... it seems kinda iffy with the point distribution.... example: if i beat a weegee at my last tourny, i woud've gotten 9th place... it wouldve given me 6 points, which would put me 5th on the PR..... we all know im not that good, and neither is my community that challenging! you all that are already on the PR are surrounded by a higher # of awesome players, and a far less % of terrible people. i'd be ahead of furbs and shiri, who have put in a lot more effort than i have recently! not fair! =\

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yeah, all the tournaments I go to have some ridiculous competition : /

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I kinda see where you're coming from.

I'm not saying we should redo the whole thing, but it does seem kinda...weird? I mean, the thing that makes this all really difficult is that we're not all from the same region or know each other well enough to judge each others' skill on some subjective level. Because of this, it seems like the only thing we can use is the point system.

How do PRiDE/Lil' B feel about the point system?

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
Not only that, but I feel like the point system itself is a little odd. I don't see why getting 7th of 87 gets you 17 points, while 9th of 107 only 11. You shouldn't be getting 6 more points from placing 2 spots higher in a tourney with 20 less players. Just saying.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, let's not worry about it too much for now.

If PRiDE/Lil' B check this next time and are interested in brainstorming with everyone, then we can do that.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I just don't see how we can effectively rate a region... and give bonus points.

Bwett

Smash Ace
With this kind of point system, all we can do is take it at face value. I suggest just putting up a disclaimer on the front page, noting that the system by no means should be taken that any one Yoshi is better than another, but rather is just here to show how well one Yoshi places in tournaments over another. Sure, texas has harder competition than others, but if a Yoshi scores 9th or higher at a tournament where competition is lacking, we shouldn't exclude him from the praise he/she deserves.

If people care enough to see which individual yoshi might be better, they will look at the tournament results thread and find bracket data from the links to see who they beat.

Airborne

Smash Lord
With this kind of point system, all we can do is take it at face value. I suggest just putting up a disclaimer on the front page, noting that the system by no means should be taken that any one Yoshi is better than another, but rather is just here to show how well one Yoshi places in tournaments over another. Sure, texas has harder competition than others, but if a Yoshi scores 9th or higher at a tournament where competition is lacking, we shouldn't exclude him from the praise he/she deserves.

If people care enough to see which individual yoshi might be better, they will look at the tournament results thread and find bracket data from the links to see who they beat.
true... i think kentucky is starting to get to the point where it is becoming one of the better midwest states. =D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hey, I'm back! =D

Nice to see that I'm up there (well, I'm last place, but...). I'll be going to a tournament on the 14th and I (probably) am also hosting my own tournament on the 22nd. I hope my rust wears off soon. ^_^

D

Deleted member

This thread is really dumb btw.
:p

Btw, texas sucks /bwett bait.

Socal has like the toughest competition, its really hard to place here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom