• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Snake Video Critique Thread!

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I want to get some vid's of one of my scrubby friends on here. His raw-talent at the game is ridiculous, I just need to get him DI'ing and either using a GCC or DACUSing with a wiichuck, which is lulzy but hey, dat razer.

But like, this kids good.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
@tommy
Arizona is kinda really bad. In order for you to improved you'd have to travel. That's all the advice I can give you

Mike2

Smash Ace
We were watching you play during a fest! There was a large projector in front of the room that we had the stream running on while we played.

:phone:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Really? Was every one saying what a scrub lol XD
if so what were their critiques?

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
wait what?
you play diddy?
I know Istud is our best but I thought RiVer was sacond best diddy in NL O_o
also didn't know T uses diddy.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you don't get any responses after a while you might want to post this in he social thread.

EDIT:I'll try myself in a little bit, but if i'm the only one still try to get others to critique it lol.=p

EDIT2:Nvm i'm too lazy. >_< Maybe later though.

DOOM!

Smash Cadet
LMAOOO! DOOM!! you tryna pull my combos off?!!
nop i do a lot of thing,but i never put in vids :/ before u :s , but a had sonne friends say i play likes u lol, but inn not like play so flashy with the nades just in ocasions XD.....sorry nny spanish is bad and nny english worst XD

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Hi, Snake is one of my secondaries, and I have a lot of fun with him and would like to get better

Snake vs Bowser

this is a wifi match, so don't think I can't dacus from the video, the lag was messing me up

thanks in advance

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dunno what kind of critique you're expecting @ your set vs BoA. You 3-0'd him with two 2-stocks and a convincing 1 stock so yeah ...

YOU DID WELL!!! <- your critique

[gonna watch vs Anuar now].

:059:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
stop using a run up spot dodge approach vs olimar. it doesn't work if the olimar's competent.

when you approach with a nade, instead of rolling backwards, you should cross roll behind him to put him in an unfavorable position and punish. ( don't do this too much)

stop being lazy and recover high, don't jump back on the stage and air dodge.

instead of usmash + nade edge guarding, seomtimes you should just have just grabbed the ledge. there were a couple of times where you gimped his jump but just spammed usmash.

you made an amazing come back game 1, but you didn't compelte ftilt combo ?!?! ):

game 2: you're starting to recognize it. Snake CANNOT get in on olimar unless he uses grenades to his advantage. use grenades to make openings or to push him back (as hard as that is). you push anuar back at 6:30 and you gain stage control, but you hit his shield. >_>

8:42 - late reaction :l you could've grabbed his nair oos.

9:25 - I'm sure after that jab ftilt combo you could've punished his landing with a dash attack; instead you just shield dash stopped yourself. keep in mind dash attack ***** Olimar's landings.

Mike2

Smash Ace
@olimar
Was wondering why you were air dodging into him when he wasn't shielding and just charging smashes, when you could have bair'd(like you did a couple times). Were you saving that as a kill opportunity so he wouldn't get used to it? Noticed the times you did do it you got kills off it.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
@olimar
Was wondering why you were air dodging into him when he wasn't shielding and just charging smashes, when you could have bair'd(like you did a couple times). Were you saving that as a kill opportunity so he wouldn't get used to it? Noticed the times you did do it you got kills off it.
I actually hit phases with Snake, sometimes I'll bair at the last second and other days I won't do it at all. As the set progresses I realized Anuar wasn't ready for any of them, so I used it sparingly. Got him used to me just moving around.

Cool, thanks guys. I also kicked my dash attack habit out so that's why I didn't do as much, I used to do it ALL THE TIME. Then Terry taught me not anymore lol.

That Ftilt on the first game,
1. I always try to do hit confirms that way I know whether to finish or not (hard as eff under pressure tho)
2. that blue pikmin delayed an otherwise good timing on the ftilt. :(

The run spot dodge only works RIGHT in front of them but yea it doesn't really do anything, nor does run shield. Just gotta get it with Ftilt and Jab.

Yea, you guys are right, mixups are necessary. Ill add in grabbing the edge, my mentality was "TRY to get past this shizz BRO." It works but I should still mixup.

Those airdodges were either
1. I freaked out
2. Low percents are hard to get out
3. Bad habit, I try to ALWAYS upB and get above then try for a clean landing.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
sweet! great matches today, man. I didn't know you watched Higurashi, sweet *** anime. and yeah keep entering singles and such and you'll get a lot better. we had some sweet games. :DD

Top Bottom