• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Snake Video Critique Thread!

Okuser

Smash Ace
Dont pummel that much at low % a good player will break you grab every time. and the trampoline kill was ****ing hilarious

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
@ Calvo

I suck at the olimar matchup, so I'm only going to comment on stuff you definitely did wrong.

At the beginning of the first match, you plant a mine on the platform and drop down. You definitely should not do this while you're camping if you plan to stay on the side with the mine because it limits your own options. it stops you from jumping under that platform, and your light nade toss, and on top of that he could just throw a pikmin into it to blow you up (like he would've if you weren't in the nikita animation). Having a pikmin block your nade can end up in a grenade and mine combo going off on your face. Even Snake cares about taking 30% so early in the game.

every time he grabs you at high %: if you aren't sure which color he grabbed you with, hold up as soon as he does and start mashing. That way you might get out if he pummels, and if he uses a kill throw with a quick animation (blue fthrow/bthrow), you'll already be di-ing it properly. if it turns out he grabbed you with a purple and starts a uthrow/dthrow, you'll have plenty of time to react and adjust your di accordingly. You definitely would have survived his first kill of the set if you had di-ed the throw well enough.

When recovering, you want to try to cypher high above the stage rather than dj throwing nades before cyphering. doing this forces you to recover low, and a good olimar WILL spike you out of your cypher for the stock.

Also, when you dthrow people at the ledge, they actually get to act several frames before you do, which means he could easily whistle the uptilt and retaliate if he knew about this. against olimars that do not know this, dthrow at the edge should lead to the first hit of ftilt, after which you could just hug the ledge to kill him.

idk if there's more to say, I'm a little tired right now. Good job not getting purple upsmashed. Might say more later

Also, try to only link one match at a time, or upload all of them in the same youtube video. People tend to be pretty lazy (like me) when it comes to opening and watching several videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4TYKtKvQEg&feature=g-u-u&context=G2a25f45FUAAAAAAAFAA

0:25 You dashed away, then you realized Olimar didn't roll in that direction and tried to stop. When something like that happens, its usually best to wait for what Olimar does when you make a mistake like that. If he tries to

0:31 Why did you 2nd nair when Olimar was so far away? You did not get punished at all, but it seemed like an unnecessary movement. You could have 2nd jumped onto the ledge. In this case, onto the stage with no lag.

0:34 Pulling nades against Olimar in this situation after getting hit low to the ground like that is probably not the best idea in that case. His pikmin have disjoint such as Fsmash and grab. Putting yourself into a grenade against disjoint options like that makes you an easy target for getting hit without the nade at least hitting the opponent.

1:20 Again, another case when your trying to get onstage with an aerial that will put you into a lot of lag. The better choice is probably to have gone for the ledge. However, the move olimar used did so little knockback you managed to get away anyway.

1:30 That was rather odd lol Fsmash scary worked.

2:29 This is the 2nd time I noticed you use C4 right after losing cypher. Probably better to wait until you see Olimar trying to attack you so you can airdodge or b-reversal to safety. Beware of his baits in that case though.

2:42 LMAO

I'm tired to do anymore. For a tl;dr,
I think you just need to avoid unnecessary movements that put you at risk such as I outlined above. Keep your options available at times to make sure you can react and pick the best one.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I might have gotten a video recorded of this weekend, but it's a bad match if it was. D= I might try some wifi or something later today to get some videos. =D

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I might have gotten a video recorded of this weekend, but it's a bad match if it was. D= I might try some wifi or something later today to get some videos. =D
Your match with OS was probably recorded since it was on live stream, im not sure if you are talking about that but figured I'd remind you.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Peace, Sonic is the match up I probably know best.

You can pretty much shut down Sonic's spin dash game by merely holding a. There is a very small gap where sonic can go through the repetitive jab, but most of the time you end up jabbing him out of it or sometimes just clanking with it. Just watch out for sonic hopping right over you and bairing you out of it, but you should be able to react to that easily enough. Also, leaving a grenade on the ground in front of you forces him to jump out of it early and you can react accordingly. (It's usually hard to punish him out of his spin dash options, so I would try to predict his landing or just reset in a better position).

You can DI his dthrow down and tech>jab before he's out of the throwing lag.

Don't put yourself in situations off the edge where you have limited recovery options. Sonic has a ton of options in the air/off stage and is fairly decent at keeping you off and racking up the damage/killing (2:06- if that uair didn't hit you would have taken a ton of damage and possibly gotten gimped if the sonic knows what he's doing and reads you well. 2:50- If sonic had jumped out with a bair and followed up appropriately that should have been the end of your stock.)

Then there was a time or two where you ff baired to land where it wasn't too likely to hit and put yourself in a position to get punished.

Other random things I didn't necessarily see in your video, but are helpful. You should be able to PS sonic's last jab. If you grab sonic out of his up-b (don't pummel or throw) sonic is dead. One of sonic's favorite ways to kill is to predict landings with a stutter step fsmash, so watch out for those when you're in kill percent.

You have a great snake, keep it up. Your first kill was sick, even if it wasn't entirely intended to happen like that.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Peace, Sonic is the match up I probably know best.

You can pretty much shut down Sonic's spin dash game by merely holding a. There is a very small gap where sonic can go through the repetitive jab, but most of the time you end up jabbing him out of it or sometimes just clanking with it. Just watch out for sonic hopping right over you and bairing you out of it, but you should be able to react to that easily enough. Also, leaving a grenade on the ground in front of you forces him to jump out of it early and you can react accordingly. (It's usually hard to punish him out of his spin dash options, so I would try to predict his landing or just reset in a better position).

You can DI his dthrow down and tech>jab before he's out of the throwing lag.

Don't put yourself in situations off the edge where you have limited recovery options. Sonic has a ton of options in the air/off stage and is fairly decent at keeping you off and racking up the damage/killing (2:06- if that uair didn't hit you would have taken a ton of damage and possibly gotten gimped if the sonic knows what he's doing and reads you well. 2:50- If sonic had jumped out with a bair and followed up appropriately that should have been the end of your stock.)

Then there was a time or two where you ff baired to land where it wasn't too likely to hit and put yourself in a position to get punished.

Other random things I didn't necessarily see in your video, but are helpful. You should be able to PS sonic's last jab. If you grab sonic out of his up-b (don't pummel or throw) sonic is dead. One of sonic's favorite ways to kill is to predict landings with a stutter step fsmash, so watch out for those when you're in kill percent.

You have a great snake, keep it up. Your first kill was sick, even if it wasn't entirely intended to happen like that.
Good Stuff man I appreciate it ill try and keep all this in mind, i had no idea i could just hold jab to beat it good **** ill try this mu out again sometime with the new knowledge :)

My critique is mostly seeing if you had any wasted movements with an occasional suggestion to try out if you get into that situation again.

0:05 - Not entirely sure if I agree with that 2nd dacus at Sonic.

0:07 - Okay, Sonic gets hit by a grenade and lifts a small distance off the ground and you go for a grenade pull. You probably could have stood there and tried to punish Sonic's landing if you had not pulled that grenade.

0:12 - When Sonic jumps out of his spindash on your shield, I suggest trying a full hop Uair, Nair, or Bair out of shield. I am not positive if you can punish it always, but when they attack like that out of the 2nd jump, there is enough lag to trade or hit Sonic if you Full hop out of shield there.

0:32 - Wondering what you were trying when you did a little dash dance there in front of snake? I'm guessing you were trying to pivot grab and it didn't come out.

0:34 - Not sure either why the attack came out. You were in the middle of bouncing on the ground when you slide off.

0:41 - You Bthrow Sonic offstage when you probably could have gone for a dthrow. Either position for you is good, but some are easier to handle than others. In opinion, dthrow tech chasing is easier and more likely to reward you with more damage than throwing sonic offstage.

0:49 - WTF That was awesome.

0:54 - I see another choice that I do all the time. Anyway, you jumped right underneath Sonic when he came back from the dead onto the platform pulled a grenade when he had full invulnerability, right underneath him. Do something else other than that. There is no reward in that choice.

1:00 - You randomly air dodged there. I guess you were expecting a Spring to follow you into the air? Watch your opponent and probably air dodge once you see him activate the spring.

1:05 - Another situation where a dthrow probably would have been the better option rather than a bthrow offstage.

1:07 - Liked the full hop punish when sonic spin dashed -> aerial'd your shield.

1:10 - You run away when Sonic is in the air to go and set-up for camping? That is a situation where it is probably best to stay nearby to punish Sonic's landing or chase after him in the air and bait a move. Keep on the pressure when they are in a bad position, not give them the chance to land for free.

For the next 4 seconds I do not think you were really paying attention to what Sonic was doing. You shield drop a nade, pick it up, then edgehog all while sonic is no where even near you.

1:18 - You used C4 when you placed it on the other side of the stage? Not sure I follow that choice other than to be able to replace it somewhere.

1:23 - You seemed to randomly pull a nade and chuck it. I guess you thought you were facing the stage and wanted to throw a nade. But after you use cypher, I am surprised you tried to use Nair backwards. Airdodge or Bair is better at that point.

~1:37 - Repeated ledge drop -> ledge cancel lol show off

1:43 - I always question the usage of using the Nikita. I suppose it could work, but there might have been better usage of the time like position or set-up. But, I am unsure there.

1:47 - Run off the platform and try to hit sonic the way you did. No. You need to be closer for that to work. Preferably in the way that should it miss or get shielded, you get to push him away.

1:51 - Your going straight at sonic and air dodge. Attempting a trade with Bair would have been better. Better yet, pull back and go for the ledge. If sonic called it though, you might have been edge hogged. But...

1:58 - Again, full hop aerial that spindash -> aerial on your shield.

2:04 - Not sure if you know or simply missed it, but you can DI down and tech the dthrow and punish Sonic for doing that.

2:06 - If that Uair had not hit, you would have died.

2:13 - Ever since you got back from that stock, you had been fishing for Utilt kills. After getting hit by dash attack at that low percent, your killer would have been Bair yet you airdodged instead.

2:18 - You failed to kill the balloon :mad: ;p

2:24 - You did it again by pulling a nade, in front of sonic, when he had invincibility.

2:36 - Again, dthrow better than Bthrow him on stage.

2:42 - There was really no need to Bair after that hit, you put yourself in unneeded lag. That can get you into trouble depending upon if the opponent was close enough to hit you in your lag.

2:50 - You pulled a grenade, ran offstage, nikita towards the stage. 30% punish for that little stunt. Eventually you died like a couple seconds after landing.

3:10 - Your ledge grab is huge, you could have sweetspotted that ledge after the 2nd jump.

3:21 - You got knocked out of a ledge jump, there was no need to have cyphered. You could have drifted forward and gotten to the ledge. Either way, you got back on stage after taking a bit of damage.

3:25 - Nikita a spindash lol Good stuff.

Well, that's all I have to say about that match. I feel like some of the stuff I said might seem like I am patronizing you, I am not. The only critique I can do is so point out where stuff went wrong lol

PEACE7

Smash Champion
My critique is mostly seeing if you had any wasted movements with an occasional suggestion to try out if you get into that situation again.

0:05 - Not entirely sure if I agree with that 2nd dacus at Sonic.

0:07 - Okay, Sonic gets hit by a grenade and lifts a small distance off the ground and you go for a grenade pull. You probably could have stood there and tried to punish Sonic's landing if you had not pulled that grenade.

0:12 - When Sonic jumps out of his spindash on your shield, I suggest trying a full hop Uair, Nair, or Bair out of shield. I am not positive if you can punish it always, but when they attack like that out of the 2nd jump, there is enough lag to trade or hit Sonic if you Full hop out of shield there.

0:32 - Wondering what you were trying when you did a little dash dance there in front of snake? I'm guessing you were trying to pivot grab and it didn't come out.

0:34 - Not sure either why the attack came out. You were in the middle of bouncing on the ground when you slide off.

0:41 - You Bthrow Sonic offstage when you probably could have gone for a dthrow. Either position for you is good, but some are easier to handle than others. In opinion, dthrow tech chasing is easier and more likely to reward you with more damage than throwing sonic offstage.

0:49 - WTF That was awesome.

0:54 - I see another choice that I do all the time. Anyway, you jumped right underneath Sonic when he came back from the dead onto the platform pulled a grenade when he had full invulnerability, right underneath him. Do something else other than that. There is no reward in that choice.

1:00 - You randomly air dodged there. I guess you were expecting a Spring to follow you into the air? Watch your opponent and probably air dodge once you see him activate the spring.

1:05 - Another situation where a dthrow probably would have been the better option rather than a bthrow offstage.

1:07 - Liked the full hop punish when sonic spin dashed -> aerial'd your shield.

1:10 - You run away when Sonic is in the air to go and set-up for camping? That is a situation where it is probably best to stay nearby to punish Sonic's landing or chase after him in the air and bait a move. Keep on the pressure when they are in a bad position, not give them the chance to land for free.

For the next 4 seconds I do not think you were really paying attention to what Sonic was doing. You shield drop a nade, pick it up, then edgehog all while sonic is no where even near you.

1:18 - You used C4 when you placed it on the other side of the stage? Not sure I follow that choice other than to be able to replace it somewhere.

1:23 - You seemed to randomly pull a nade and chuck it. I guess you thought you were facing the stage and wanted to throw a nade. But after you use cypher, I am surprised you tried to use Nair backwards. Airdodge or Bair is better at that point.

~1:37 - Repeated ledge drop -> ledge cancel lol show off

1:43 - I always question the usage of using the Nikita. I suppose it could work, but there might have been better usage of the time like position or set-up. But, I am unsure there.

1:47 - Run off the platform and try to hit sonic the way you did. No. You need to be closer for that to work. Preferably in the way that should it miss or get shielded, you get to push him away.

1:51 - Your going straight at sonic and air dodge. Attempting a trade with Bair would have been better. Better yet, pull back and go for the ledge. If sonic called it though, you might have been edge hogged. But...

1:58 - Again, full hop aerial that spindash -> aerial on your shield.

2:04 - Not sure if you know or simply missed it, but you can DI down and tech the dthrow and punish Sonic for doing that.

2:06 - If that Uair had not hit, you would have died.

2:13 - Ever since you got back from that stock, you had been fishing for Utilt kills. After getting hit by dash attack at that low percent, your killer would have been Bair yet you airdodged instead.

2:18 - You failed to kill the balloon :mad: ;p

2:24 - You did it again by pulling a nade, in front of sonic, when he had invincibility.

2:36 - Again, dthrow better than Bthrow him on stage.

2:42 - There was really no need to Bair after that hit, you put yourself in unneeded lag. That can get you into trouble depending upon if the opponent was close enough to hit you in your lag.

2:50 - You pulled a grenade, ran offstage, nikita towards the stage. 30% punish for that little stunt. Eventually you died like a couple seconds after landing.

3:10 - Your ledge grab is huge, you could have sweetspotted that ledge after the 2nd jump.

3:21 - You got knocked out of a ledge jump, there was no need to have cyphered. You could have drifted forward and gotten to the ledge. Either way, you got back on stage after taking a bit of damage.

3:25 - Nikita a spindash lol Good stuff.

Well, that's all I have to say about that match. I feel like some of the stuff I said might seem like I am patronizing you, I am not. The only critique I can do is so point out where stuff went wrong lol
Awesome Critique man loved it I learned a lot I appreciate it, ill work on the things you mentioned :)

I'll give some general suggestions.

When you have higher port priority (say you have port 3, opponent has port 1 or 2) your grenades and mines and C4 will not give you knockback in the middle of a throw. Instead it damages both of you. A number of times you threw Marth with Fthrow and Bthrow instead of going into a Dthrow which set-ups for a chase. You got a ton of grabs and could have gotten more damage in if you had used Dthrow more when you got those grabs.

Snake's jab combo is not really a combo. It can be powershield'd. Mix in a few jab cancel -> ftilt once you see the jab 1 connect. That or jab -> grab which I saw a number of times. If the jab combo works, then nothing bad about that. However, ftilt and grab leads to more damage. And in some cases, jab 1 -> ftilt is a true combo (ignoring SDI).

You do not always have to shield drop and pick-up a grenade in order to use it. Snake stands pretty tall and chucking nades can easily go over your opponent unless you have properly cooked it. Going for a middle or soft lob keeps the grenade around snake rather than you missing with a chuck and it sailing over their head.

I also never saw any attempts at b-reversal in your recovery. You kept drifting forward into the center of the stage when you got hit offstage relying upon airdodge to get past an opponents attack. Many times of which Marth never attacked you and you air dodged prematurely. Instead of always drifting towards center stage in your recovery, see if getting to the ledge is an option instead of landing onstage where your opponent might be lying in wait. Or see if there is enough room to attempt a b-reversal.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
k, so it looks like my match from this past weekend won't be up. :\

I'll probably try and save some wifi matches or something and then upload them. =D

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I see. I'll try mixing up the Jab combinations and working on the D-Throw more. I just recently got the hang of the pivot Grenade thingy in the air. It's not the easiest one to do lol. Anywho, I often have trouble getting back on the stage against Marth, while I have the ledge. Any suggestions for get up options?

There is really no best options. As someone recently said, "its all gimmicks" for getting past characters.

1) Dropping down and 2nd jump to re-grabbing ledge regains invincibility.
2) Drop down -> 2nd jump -> air dodge
3) Drop down -> 2nd jump -> turn-around grenade
4) Stand
5) press jump while hanging on the ledge
6) Attack
7) Roll

Those are pretty much the better options snake has for getting on stage and avoiding trouble. The turn-around grenade onstage can gamble on your opponent attacking you. Stand has the least vulnerable frames (2 or 4) between being onstage and invincibility. You'll need to watch your opponent and make the right choice depending upon what they do. Try some gambles on baiting them with certain methods. For example, drop down repeatedly can make them want to try to edge hog or run off and attack you. In which case when you regrab the ledge, you get on stage.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I see. Sounds pretty difficult to make the right call lol. I will work on it. Thanks for listing out those options. I appreciate it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Good Stuff man I appreciate it ill try and keep all this in mind, i had no idea i could just hold jab to beat it good **** ill try this mu out again sometime with the new knowledge :)
please tell me the first kill was planned LMAO

you have a bad habit of always just dashing away when you have stage control when you can just walk forward.

dash grabbing at awkward moments after he dsmashes. just walk there also.

there werent any reasons to not dthrow that match

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Purple H, the pit matchup is fairly straightforward. Camp him like he's falco with a laggier reflector and less painful chaingrab, ps arrows, etc etc

After you're out of chaingrab %, you should be somewhat aggressive because snake beats pit pretty badly in terms of ground game. His rolls are also really short, so tech chasing him with grabs is better than ftilt/utilt until you're ready to take his stock imo.

You did alright, but you need to be more careful and watch for his cross ups when you corner him onstage. if you grab pit out of a crossup, you can do tons of dmg to him with boost grab tech chasing.

I also didn't watch the whole thing to see if this mattered, but if he starts planking/ledgecamping put c4 down on the ledge he's camping and toss nades from the other until he loses his footing aswell.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've made several large posts on this mu in the Q&A thread....

Just namesearch me in that thread and there's usually a discussion around there.

We've had like 3 so far.

Crouching+SH nade lob is extremely underrated and underused.

I think your forcing yourself into bad situations by doing too much stuff. Like you throw in an extra move when you have no need to do so. The biggest is shield -> spotdodge. Its useful in some spots, but you ended up doing in places that you didn't need too.

-0:12 You spot dodge for almost no reason. I guess you thought he might dash grab/attack you
-0:15 You shield -> spotdodge. You do not need to do that against Robs, Dsmash. There is enough time to drop shield -> turn -> ftilt when rob dsmash your shield.
-0:36 I think you tried predicting him to toss rather than try to react to it and powershield. So you put yourself in shield.
-0:41 Same thing. Shield -> spotdodge the dsmash.
-0:42 You got hit by a jab and pushed away, then shield -> spotdodge again which gets you punished with Fair.
-0:43 After the Fair, you air dodge. Which you did not need to do. It puts you in extra lag in which you cannot do anything. The only thing rob could do to you at that point was laser or gyro throw. By air dodging early, rob can aim for your airdodge, then fire the laser and you cannot do anything in the ending lag. Better to wait for the animation from rob when you see it, and react to it with airdodge at that time so it misses.
-0:46 I think you airdodged too early. Don't forget fast fall -> airdodge to use up the invincibility frames better.
-0:52 You did the shield -> spotdodge thing again. Shield the gyro, then drop shield. The spotdodge there was extra baggage and not needed.
-1:05 Here, I think you need to pay attention to the moves you are using. Jab1 misses. Ftilt 1 misses. So you proceed to Ftilt2. I believe there is enough time between jab1 -> ftilt1 to realize if your moves are NOT connecting. So, you should not proceed to Ftilt 2 right away. Delay it a bit or simply not ftilt2 at all.
-1:32 Another shield -> spotdodge on robs dsmash.
-1:37 Hmm... I disagree with using dash attack at the distance that the weak hit would come out. By aimiing for strong hitbox distance with dash attack, you can cancel it into an usmash and hopefully slide past their shield. But at a weak hitbox distance, (along with the opponent on the ground), you are in a huge amount of lag if that move does not connect.

And now I am getting lazy.

-2:18 Why roll? Your stuck in shield for about a second or two, and rob is on a platform and the gyro cannot hit you at all. Instead of dropping shield, you put yourself in another unneeded move by rolling backwards and get hit.
-3:14 Okay, I do not think you should have jumped as you did. Your momentum would have carried you to the platform. Rob is super far away. Grounded snake >>>> Aerial Snake
-3:17 Why fair?
-3:22 In this situation. Foe is on platform beyond the ledge and you on stage, cooking a nade and going for a medium lob is better. You went for a shield drop -> pick-up -> throw a nade. This puts you in range of robs blaster/gyro. By lobbing, when underneath like this, you can attack rob from an angle that he cannot hit you from. He would have to drop shield to do so.
-3:34 THIS IS SUCH AN EPIC KILL! I AM STILL WIGGING OUT ABOUT IT.
-3:44 Ftilt 1 hit a power shield, you should react to that and not pull out a ftilt2. Delay it or not do the last hit.
-3:45 The multi-spot dodge I think is a bad thing for snake to do. He doesn't have a broken spotdodge like falco or link.

And I think I am too lazy to do anything more.

I am really bias towards a minimal risk play-style. So I avoid wasting moves as best I can, and try too hard to rely on prediction. I think it gets me into trouble a lot. For example, I'll literally walk/run around or stand and not do anything except try to wait for my opponent to do something and try to react to it. Many times though I get hit by a move when my gut feeling of wanting to shield as a prediction would have worked better. But I still keep trying to achieve that play-style. So, I probably critiqued you a bit too much in my philosophy.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Metakill, you should get a video recorded where you lose because we can't really tell you what you're doing wrong if you're winning unless it is extremely obvious (c4ing self on accident, sding, etc). For example, since most everything you were doing in the first game of that video was working, the most I can really tell you to do is stop dairing so much. If your opponent had picked up on it, he would've started nadoing you every time you did it because the move has a billion frames of lag on it

Okuser

Smash Ace
Alright snakes I am in desperate need of your expertise.

Please help me fix my ****.

Me vs Sync (Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4WCm8x7T0&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Me vs Jnig (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX96g3oy3r8&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=25&feature=plpp_video

Me vs some Ness (still would like some tips on some ****)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUtFJBV-WQ&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=19&feature=plpp_video

Me tearing up some wolf. I mean if you got tips for me here too that would be nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KL-O7-oIg&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Any advice at all will be soaked up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Alright snakes I am in desperate need of your expertise.

Please help me fix my ****.

Me vs Sync (Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4WCm8x7T0&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Me vs Jnig (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX96g3oy3r8&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=25&feature=plpp_video

Me vs some Ness (still would like some tips on some ****)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUtFJBV-WQ&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=19&feature=plpp_video

Me tearing up some wolf. I mean if you got tips for me here too that would be nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KL-O7-oIg&list=PLDAB56D3920711A2A&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Any advice at all will be soaked up.
Not gonna go into too much detail but...

Vs olimar

I suggest you go and find havok's posts of epicness on the olimar mu. You were making lots of simple mistakes/not doing some of the best things. Watch more havok and razer vs olimar vids to pick up the two ends of the mu.

Stop blowin yourself up by messing up tech stuff :/

VS wario

Stop committing so much.

Ftilt 1 is NOT that great of an anti-air in this mu.

Use uptilt or pivot grab based on what you predict.

Pivot grab his dairs.

Use mix-ups with your ftilt more. Don't always ftilt 2. You could be getting so much more reward. Particularly ftilt--->grab~

Know when you can land jab-->uptilt and jab---> grab. you missed a bunch of those situations.

Tech chase on reaction. Wario has more frames of inability to take action so you can literally tech chase...on reaction. If you practice around w/memorizing the animations. Use buffer jab to cover the do nothing option and get up option.

Alternatively for less reward/easier tech chase just turn around and shield and react to what he does.

General: Explore crouching and dtilt. Both are amazing and underused. work on covering ppls landings. Work on correctly ledge trapping ppl.

Probably elaborate more on the above at another time.

Top Bottom