• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't see what kind of extra arguments were brought on by the podcast; I wasn't that impressed, especially with Overswarm's comment on FL being dominated by MK. FL is by far one of the least MK-dominated states, even with players like Rx- and Gmoney who you could basically say are Plank's apprentices.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah, I believe shield lag would throw that off.

And this is like with perfectly used characters.
Well, here's the original info I got from him in a PM.

hotgarbage said:
DTILT
-duration: 15
-hits on frame 3
-cooldown: 12
-shield stun: 1
-raw advantage: -11
-OOS advantage: -4
This actually assumes a 'worser' case, because JimboCav's D-tilt says that MK's D-tilt lasts 17 frames. whoopee, 2 frame difference lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I personally asked him to hold shield or spam some input after doing moves, so IASA frames would be accounted for.

Whether or not they are, I'm not sure lol.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Some guy recently said he now consistently lives to some obscene percent using uair+fast fall+something. That sounds, like, weird, and I think I'd like to see that.
I would really like for a couple people to do some testing on this.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I see why Atomsk doesn't post in this debate now.

When randomplayer24329 and foxfalcomasta666 say "my opinion is as valid as yours" to someone like Mew2King, myself, or Atomsk, it's extremely insulting and stupid when we have significantly more real high-level tournament experience.

Continually, consistently, and repeatedly, Snake vs MK is proven to be Snake's advantage over and over and over and over and over in real, high-level tournament sets and money matches in the region with the best players. The vast majority of our top players and experienced players agree that Snake wins and that MK should not be banned. I don't think any more evidence should be needed.

XienZo

Smash Lord

When randomplayer24329 and foxfalcomasta666 say "my opinion is as valid as yours" to someone like Mew2King, myself, or Atomsk, it's extremely insulting and stupid when we have significantly more real high-level tournament experience.

Continually, consistently, and repeatedly, Snake vs MK is proven to be Snake's advantage over and over and over and over and over in real, high-level tournament sets and money matches in the region with the best players. The vast majority of our top players and experienced players agree that Snake wins and that MK should not be banned. I don't think any more evidence should be needed.
Wouldn't technical advantage be more important since the psychological and w/e else environmental factors that make MK lose right now be overcome over time if MK has a technical advantage? I'm not sure if we can take what is occuring right now to prove MK is controllable; MK usage/dominance has been increasing since the beginning of Brawl and I doubt it'll be like this even in a few months, whether it be for better or for worse.

GofG

Smash Champion
Lol.

I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT THE TOP LEVELS OF GAMEPLAY, NOT THE HIGHER LEVELS, INUI!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't technical advantage be more important since the psychological and w/e else environmental factors that make MK lose right now be overcome over time if MK has a technical advantage? I'm not sure if we can take what is occuring right now to prove MK is controllable; MK usage/dominance has been increasing since the beginning of Brawl and I doubt it'll be like this even in a few months, whether it be for better or for worse.
I don't see any technical advantage whatsoever. The stuff people keep saying about MK's d-tilt shutting down Snake and f-air beating Snake's f-tilt is all exagerrated. Mew2King, the best MK, has trouble beating my Snake when I'm like 10th best Snake at best. That convinces me alone. When I see Forte consistently lose to Snakes and watched Mew2King's Snake 2stock Chillin's MK twice in tourny, I was even more convinced. Too much REAL stuff keeps happening over here that says MK loses.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If he has something valid to add He might as well.
When you are saying soemthing like.
Snake vs Mk is Snake's advantage. I know cause im high level. Then guess what? You are on the same level as a casual noob because they make the same argument.
Snake vs Mk is Snake's advantage cause he has grenades.

How does that validate your argument?
If your argument is bad, no amount of experience will help your bad argument.
How hard is that to understand?
inui I must be speaking chinese cause evidently, you aren't registering what I am saying.
Marth dominated in melee.
Fox on the other hand is the best character and his tournament rankings were below falco (who is second).
By your logic if we went purely on the inductive reasoning Fox should be below Marth and Falco.
Fox would be high tier.

Its great that o players agree with you but it says nothing about the actual argument for why they believe so.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I don't see any technical advantage whatsoever. The stuff people keep saying about MK's d-tilt shutting down Snake and f-air beating Snake's f-tilt is all exagerrated. Mew2King, the best MK, has trouble beating my Snake when I'm like 10th best Snake at best. That convinces me alone. When I see Forte consistently lose to Snakes and watched Mew2King's Snake 2stock Chillin's MK twice in tourny, I was even more convinced. Too much REAL stuff keeps happening over here that says MK loses.
Yeah, I'm just saying that those "REAL" stuff will be overcome over time(LOL, limit of REAL stuff as time goes to infinite is 0), and we can't use that as proof that the metgame will stay this way.

In the end, the minor things like MK's d-tilt and fair might become more important than the currently huge factors of actual results.

And what happened to gimping? Snake is no Olimar in terms of perfect camping...

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
i believe i explained my reasoning behind olimar beating MK like 5000000000 pages ago and i got no response

Oh no, wait, you should know more about it than me... nvm...
btw note how every olimar player who makes fun of the perfect camp thing has ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING vs a top level MK

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i jsut hate when inui posts now
I love how a large portion of your posts are dedicated to insulting me, addressing me, or both. If you really hate when I post, put me on ignore or at least don't respond. You're certainly not proving you hate when I post because you care enough to respond so much and talk about me so much.

you sure you don't mean the Olimar forums where most disagreed with you?
That is because they suck. Atomsk is clearly the best Olimar already. No other Olimars do anything besides BlackWaltz sometimes, who's also in NJ and in agreement that Olimar does well vs MK.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
most of the players in the olimar boards don't have players like fourte plank teh_spamerer and m2k in their region so i wouldn't expect them to have experiance vs some of the best MKs

That is because they suck. Atomsk is clearly the best Olimar already. No other Olimars do anything besides BlackWaltz sometimes, who's also in NJ and in agreement that Olimar does well vs MK.
Zori is mad good too dude

XienZo

Smash Lord
btw note how every olimar player who makes fun of the perfect camp thing has ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING vs a top level MK
But... I've been preaching about perfect camping for so long though.... I'm not making fun of it, just saying you would know better than me if Snake can perfect camp.

Which I think he can't, but you'd probably be right.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I love how a large portion of your posts are dedicated to insulting me, addressing me, or both. If you really hate when I post, put me on ignore or at least don't respond. You're certainly not proving you hate when I post because you care enough to respond so much and talk about me so much.

Starzonedge as well. Cant forget him inui :-\

He just doesnt play alot but he has beaten MKs as well.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'd be easier on stages with multiple platforms. However, Snake doesn't have the same camping abilities of Olimar, so it'd be harder on FD IMO

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
And?
Azen is the most successful Lucario but guess what?? He didn't know alot about Lucario in comparison to other layers who are much lesser than them.
Even if you suck that doesn't mean you are automatically wrong. Again stop holding onto the I am better than you are" argument. Life does not work in such a fashion.

most of the players in the olimar boards don't have players like fourte plank teh_spamerer and m2k in their region so i wouldn't expect them to have experience vs some of the best MKs
yet why hasn't Olimar been rising if he does sooooo well as you and the other pros say? Clearly something is off.
popularity does not skew the results that much. Snake is 12th in terms of popularity and is second in tournament wins.
Note how most people who endorse perfect camping also smac down the idea of perfect spacing with MK.
HYPOCRISY FTW!

Not aimed at you.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Well, anyway, WOULD Snake be able to perfect camp MK to the scale of Olimar(where the gimping abilities of MK start to become negated?)
IMO (to my experiences), snake doesnt really camp MK, he just puts up amazing stage pressure. snake is like god tier at stage pressure, and against a relatively good snake with good stage pressure, the match is downright annoying :ohwell:

again, this is IMO

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Starzonedge as well. Cant forget him inui :-\

He just doesnt play alot but he has beaten MKs as well.
I haven't seen him in foreeeeeeeverrrrrrrr. How did he do at the huge PnT in singles?

I know he's really good but I didn't count him because it's been so long since I've heard of him ******. I hope he's still really good because I want to play him. I have a habit of beating really good Olimars.

yet why hasn't Olimar been rising if he does sooooo well as you and the other pros say? Clearly something is off.
The players suck.

Note how most people who endorse perfect camping also smac down the idea of perfect spacing with MK.
HYPOCRISY FTW!
Running around throwing Pikmin perfectly is far more realistic than MK spacing and timing everything perfectly all the time.

XienZo

Smash Lord
And?
Azen is the most successful Lucario but guess what?? He didn't know alot about Lucario in comparison to other layers who are much lesser than them.
Even if you suck that doesn't mean you are automatically wrong. Again stop holding onto the I am better than you are" argument. Life does not work in such a fashion.

popularity does not skew the results that much. Snake is 12th in terms of popularity and is second in tournament wins.
Because he's one of the few that DOES know how to deal with MK? And one person can only do so much?
HYPOCRISY FTW!

Not aimed at you.
Perfect spacing isn't unique to MK >_<
Little carrot minions that go and eat attacks or hit or grab enemies from afar with little lag in all directions is unique to Olimar.

Why do you think the crowd chants "PIKMIN! Olimar. PIKMIN! Olimar."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom