• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Don't know we can't really say there is any solid evidence of Olimar having an advantage over MK. Not until more time has gone by and we are sure that the respective metagames are mature enough. *shrug*

I am saying that int his current metagame Mk does seem to have an advantage. If it changes then all the better since I secondary Olimar =p

^ This.

Why don't the pro-ban people understand that most players are bad or mediocre? It's just a fact of competitive gaming.

I have lost two sets to Atomsk's Olimar in the current season of NJ's rankings, once with Snake and once with Meta Knight, and our last set was 3-2. Atomsk has done very well against Mew2King with Olimar. I beat BlackWaltz 2-1 and every match was really close. Olimar is clearly doing very well over here and the match-up is clearly winnable for Olimar.
Why don't you get that a handful of results is the equivalent of taking out a student who scored 100 on a test, while everynoe got 50, and then saying that 100 is indicative of the classes average?

You need more data to prove that its not just a case of player skill conquering character ability.

Let alone that you are making an terrible assumption of the pro ban side.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Another thing is, nothin against u shadowlink, but why would anyone WAIT for the chars metagame to change instead of changing it themselves. I dont follow anyones meta game which is why ppl either like/dislike my methods for my characters but i still win regardless. Be creative people!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Another thing is, nothin against u shadowlink, but why would anyone WAIT for the chars metagame to change instead of changing it themselves. I dont follow anyones meta game which is why ppl either like/dislike my methods for my characters but i still win regardless. Be creative people!
Dude that isn't what I mean by waiting. I mean waiting as in over time where people develop the characters metagames further.
Not sitting with our thumbs up our *****.
That's be stupid.

Go to sleep NL its late a tonight, don't you have school or something?
Then again its cold -_-;

oh and get out my borough. Its mine, I called it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't know we can't really say there is any solid evidence of Olimar having an advantage over MK. Not until more time has gone by and we are sure that the respective metagames are mature enough. *shrug*

I am saying that int his current metagame Mk does seem to have an advantage. If it changes then all the better since I secondary Olimar =p
I think MK has a very slight advantage in most sitatuations, but Olimar may have a slight advantage on stages like FD and Halberd. It's really evenish imo.

Why don't you get that a handful of results is the equivalent of taking out a student who scored 100 on a test, while everynoe got 50, and then saying that 100 is indicative of the classes average?

You need more data to prove that its not just a case of player skill conquering character ability.

Let alone that you are making an terrible assumption of the pro ban side.
What happens at low level doesn't matter to me. Sorry. I pick at results involving high level players only.

XienZo

Smash Lord
i dont get why you think your sets matter
Oh, the sets prove that its potentially more then theorycrafting, and its rather clear to see from a player's point of view the effects of perfect camping.

Now, as we didn't play the matches, we can't really tell.

But they themselves would know if they did, so its only fair if they get to analyze their own information. As long as we don't, the info from the sets should be some help.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Dude that isn't what I mean by waiting. I mean waiting as in over time where people develop the characters metagames further.
Not sitting with our thumbs up our *****.
That's be stupid.

Go to sleep NL its late a tonight, don't you have school or something?
Then again its cold -_-;

oh and get out my borough. Its mine, I called it.
Thats kinda what i said not to do. I'm sayin be the person to change their metagame. Borough aint urs.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Oh, the sets prove that its potentially more then theorycrafting, and its rather clear to see from a player's point of view the effects of perfect camping.

But they themselves would know if they did, so its only fair if they get to analyze their own information. As long as we don't, the info from the sets should be some help.
They can analyze their information yes. however they cannot push it forward as evidence because of the fact it needs to be supported by more data.
if I flip a coin and get heads 1000 out of 1001 times. Can I say the probability is 99.9%?

Thats kinda what i said not to do. I'm saying be the person to change their metagame. Borough aint urs.
okay just clarifying since I don't want the wrong idea being given off.

In fact, i get claim to Queens too since i can just cross the street and I'll be in Ridgewood.
So because I can be in two boroughs at once, i should get claim to brooklyn. 9sicne you are older)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
They can analyze their information yes. however they cannot push it forward as evidence because of the fact it needs to be supported by more data.
if I flip a coin and get heads 1000 out of 1001 times. Can I say the probability is 99.9%?

okay just clarifying since I don't want the wrong idea being given off.

In fact, i get claim to Queens too since i can just cross the street and I'll be in Ridgewood.
So because I can be in two boroughs at once, i should get claim to brooklyn. 9sicne you are older)
Um
<=====21

WHO CARES?! >_<:psycho:

XienZo

Smash Lord
You can say that any new techniques you have used to do that 1001 coinflips would cause a 99.99%.

See, perfect camping is something (relatively) new (to the metagame), so we can project an estimate from current results. We can't say its fact, but its a good scenario to start a debate from.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

That was memphischains pretending he's in MD/VA. He likes to randomly assume I am garbage despite me being significantly better than him and having a vast amount of tournament accomplishments that nobody can really deny. He's saying my sets don't matter because I don't matter. That's what he's getting at. Understand now?

lol

salaboB

Smash Champion
You can say that any new techniques you have used to do that 1001 coinflips would cause a 99.99%.

See, perfect camping is something (relatively) new (to the metagame), so we can project an estimate from current results. We can't say its fact, but its a good scenario to start a debate from.
Why are theoretical ways to deal with MK being treated so positively, while theoretical ways for him to respond are so scoffed at?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Wrong. I never mentioned any new techniques so why did you add it in?

How does it being new make it any more acceptable especially since it does no have the results to back it up?
Look at Mk he makes the results Olimars have not been doing so.

That was memphischains pretending he's in MD/VA. He likes to randomly assume I am garbage despite me being significantly better than him and having a vast amount of tournament accomplishments that nobody can really deny. He's saying my sets don't matter because I don't matter. That's what he's getting at. Understand now?

lol
Don't be a hypocrite. You're assuming you are significantly better since you're not putting any justification. You can't really call him on it.
let alone that ken (>) ***** when he entered the tournament scene despite having no previous tournament accomplishments.

moral of the story: Stop waving your wins around. No one cares since you don't often argue your points well enough and they are just among the handful of results.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't be a hypocrite. You're assuming you are significantly better since you're not putting any justification. You can't really call him on it.
Um... I have met this person before. He sucks. He never does well in tournaments even though his area is really weak. He has no accomplishments or results. I am obviously way better because I perform well and have a huge list of accomplishments.

Btw, stop telling me to do something I clearly will not do. If it isn't obvious, I am an elitist and will not stop counting real life, high level experiences more than the words you are typing.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Um... I have met this person before. He sucks. He never does well in tournaments even though his area is really weak. He has no accomplishments or results. I am obviously way better because I perform well and have a huge list of accomplishments.

Btw, stop telling me to do something I clearly will not do. If it isn't obvious, I am an elitist and will not stop counting real life, high level experiences more than the words you are typing.
Um, ShadowLink is one of the few players that M2K can't three stock. He has a lot of tourney experience, and plays a large number of charactes, most notable Diddy Kong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Um, ShadowLink is one of the few players that M2K can't three stock. He has a lot of tourney experience, and plays a large number of charactes, most notable Diddy Kong.
I am talking about memphischains.

I know nothing about ShadowLink and haven't seen any results out of him, so I can't form more of an opinion than "ShadowLink is an unknown and probably not that good but who knows he could be all right" which is my current stance on him.

lol, M2K has enough trouble just onestocking me. :p

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
think what you want

i have nothing to really say. you are right, i have no results.

its hard to explain anything beyond that to an elitist moron conceded in himself.
you're a joke.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I am talking about memphischains.

I know nothing about ShadowLink and haven't seen any results out of him, so I can't form more of an opinion than "ShadowLink is an unknown and probably not that good but who knows he could be all right" which is my current stance on him.

lol, M2K has enough trouble just onestocking me. :p
So then you and ShadowLink must be on about the same level.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
ShadowLink's most notable achievement was to knock M2K out of the final in a regional event in Connecticut, I believe, I may be wrong. He lost that tournament to Azen though.

EDIT: He probably has THE best Diddy Kong, I think he may have started a "Diddy counters MK" fad because of that match.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
ken didn't have any accomplishments or results when he entered the tournament scene but when he entered he *****.
let alone that YOU yourself was doing not so well until after you picked up MK who probably put your skill into effect since he suited you.
maybe memphis chains does not perform well because he does not use the character that suits him.
Even then it wouldn't warrant a superiority complex.
Really now?

Okay. Then I shall completely break it by making this statement.
Black holes are hot
Law of gravity.

Elitists are people who believe themselves to be among the best and act as if that in itself validates their arguments and views. It is a negative connotation because through logic, such an argument is false.

No one is saying you are wrong for bringing up those results.
What is being said is that the way you push your anecdotal evidence is wrong.
Hey maybe you are on to something. Doesn't mean you are automatically right if most people are unable to replicate the same results.

This is why Memphis constantly dogs you when he feels like it.
The way you handle yourself is that of someone who believes themselves to be great and feels that in being great, means that somehow, what they say supercedes anyone who they feel is lesser regardless of the circumstances.

tl;dr: You're being an ***. Cut it out since it hurts your argument.

@Captain: That was another Shadowlink.
I didn't play melee tournaments often since I rarely had the time. That Shadow was Shadowlink86 I believe not entirely sure. It was sometime ago.
I have played Azen.

I've been into competitive games since I was 13 on and off ,and I while I cannot claim to be the best, I certainly have experienced high level play. Ah well who cares I've still been debunked numerous times.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ShadowLink's most notable achievement was to knock M2K out of the final in a regional event in Connecticut, I believe, I may be wrong. He lost that tournament to Azen though.

EDIT: He probably has THE best Diddy Kong, I think he may have started a "Diddy counters MK" fad because of that match.
You are confusing NinjaLink and ShadowLink.

NinjaLink is the top Diddy player(that also plays other characters very well (there I remembered this time, no crying now)) and I have met him and played him many times in both singles and teams. We are indeed about the same level. I won our last set in singles but he won the other two before that and has done lots of awesome stuff too.

I don't know anything about ShadowLink.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

NinjaLink is the top Diddy player(that also plays other characters very well (there I remembered this time, no crying now)) and I have met him and played him many times in both singles and teams. We are indeed about the same level. I won our last set in singles but he won the other two before that and has done lots of awesome stuff too.

Wow how u confuse me with him? 'Shadowlink' was Me and Shadow's team name at Esticle. Esticle did mess up names but not my name. It did mess up shadow's name though

Laugh out loud.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

He doesn't use Diddy and isn't he talking about melee?
Story of my life dude. I like it that way.

Rest assured I have experience even if I don't have the skill. Can't really get time to develop it though it would be soooo much fun to do so. I wouldn't mind meeting up with NL and getting my *** handed to me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
When the two of you post one after another like that, it gives me a serious headache. Too many shadowninjalinks.

Yes, I mix "shadow" and "ninja" up, or more accurately, i don't know which one of you did what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom