• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
you also have a habbit of getting ***** by em XD
Record vs BlackWaltz: 5-1, and my single loss was because of a 0% SD in a match I clearly would have won and him being able to pick Pictochat due to bad rules. I have beaten him in teams many times with you as my partner.

Record vs your Olimar: 2-2 counting a set I used Snake instead of MK, obviously putting myself at a disadvantage by not using my real main.

When I went to FAST, I beat the best Olimar in the South 2-0.

I've never been ***** by Olimar in a set. I got threestocked in a single match against you, and then won the set anyways. If you're basing what you said on that single match...then whatever.

Smash Master
This helps your argument how? It seems like you think MK mains are just better players than everybody who uses a different character, and that's the only reason they win so much. I guess I can't disprove that, but it sounds a little far-fetched.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I love how a large portion of your posts are dedicated to insulting me, addressing me, or both. If you really hate when I post, put me on ignore or at least don't respond. You're certainly not proving you hate when I post because you care enough to respond so much and talk about me so much.

That is because they suck. Atomsk is clearly the best Olimar already. No other Olimars do anything besides BlackWaltz sometimes, who's also in NJ and in agreement that Olimar does well vs MK.
No hate, lol.
I like your avatar on that note.
Mr.Inui, meet appeal to authority fallacy

XienZo

Smash Lord
This helps your argument how? It seems like you think MK mains are just better players than everybody who uses a different character, and that's the only reason they win so much. I guess I can't disprove that, but it sounds a little far-fetched.
Who? And if they do prove that MKs are better players, that would be for anti-ban, because thats the players ******, not MK.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It seems like you think MK mains are just better players than everybody who uses a different character, and that's the only reason they win so much. I guess I can't disprove that, but it sounds a little far-fetched.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that there's data to back me up that shows that the top players also just happen to use MK and get first in major tournaments.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Because he's one of the few that DOES know how to deal with MK? And one person can only do so much?
Just quote the parts you are respond to its too annoying.
Anyways he's ot the only successful olimar considering Olimar's position .
Perfect spacing isn't unique to MK >_<
Little carrot minions that go and eat attacks or hit or grab enemies from afar with little lag in all directions is unique to Olimar.

Why do you think the crowd chants "PIKMIN! Olimar. PIKMIN! Olimar."
You strawmanned my argument.
The whole point was that if the argument of a perfect camping Olimar is acceptable, then so should a perfect MK.

@atomsk: Use this one.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Just quote the parts you are respond to its too annoying.
Anyways he's ot the only successful olimar considering Olimar's position .
And thus Olimar is not high on the rankings? Yet.

The whole point was that if the argument of a perfect camping Olimar is acceptable, then so should a perfect MK.
But in the other "perfect conditions" thread, perfect Olimar>prefect MK.

Well, yes, I'm like the only one who posts, but no one refutes my arguments.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
lol @ image being removed XD

xienzo- you shouldn't act serious in this thread there is no point XD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
But in the other "perfect conditions" thread, perfect Olimar>prefect MK.

Well, yes, I'm like the only one who posts, but no one refutes my arguments.
I don't bother with something unless it can be shown to be done reliably. MK' Dtilt is one of those very reliable things.
The problem is that as m2k says it looks like it happens instantly.
He gets caught in the moment so he does not notice it and its only been recently people have been mentioning it.

Like the wise mike tyson said; Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouf.

@atomsk: I see the image just fine actually.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
yea my plan is to camp with lolimar and once i get punched in the mouf i'll start to camp harder XD

brinboy789

Smash Champion
IMO the word "perfect" is throwing people off...i think that what "perfect" camping means is actually heavy camping, or like, EXTREME heavy camping.

theres another thread in TD, about the perfect char. if we can do everything perfect, then wolf for god tier. shine through freakin everything. seriously, no perfect things. i think "perfect" camping refers to EXTREME heavy camping.

but this is IMO. FYI

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Inui and Mew2King's arguments:

"MK isn't broken! We didn't pick him because he's the best in the game! The best in the game just use him! That is coincidence!"

"....that's silly! We can't ban MK! He has counters! Like uh... Snake! And Olimar!"

"No, of course I don't lose to Olimars! I own them! The only time I lost was because a suicide and that other time I played someone other than MK!"

"...What do you mean? You're stupid, Olimar counters MK."

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
IMO the word "perfect" is throwing people off...i think that what "perfect" camping means is actually heavy camping, or like, EXTREME heavy camping.

theres another thread in TD, about the perfect char. if we can do everything perfect, then wolf for god tier. shine through freakin everything. seriously, no perfect things. i think "perfect" camping refers to EXTREME heavy camping.

but this is IMO. FYI
You're off .The topic in which Xienzo was referring to refers to frame perfect play.

XienZo

Smash Lord
lol @ image being removed XD

xienzo- you shouldn't act serious in this thread there is no point XD
But if I stop being serious, we'll like talk about FF4 and I'll totally get bored...

ahem so anyway... uh.....

Dtilt is reliable.

So is perfect camping.

perfect camping>dtilt

I just realized cuz of Brinboy that people will misunderstand that perfect camping requires perfect timing and stuff.
Perfect camping is just playing defensively and always using the right moves because Olimar ALWAYS has an answer to an (non Peach, Luigi, etc) approach. NO perfect timing needed at all. Just in case someone thought otherwise.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I haven't seen him in foreeeeeeeverrrrrrrr. How did he do at the huge PnT in singles?

I know he's really good but I didn't count him because it's been so long since I've heard of him ******. I hope he's still really good because I want to play him. I have a habit of beating really good Olimars.

The players suck.

Running around throwing Pikmin perfectly is far more realistic than MK spacing and timing everything perfectly all the time.
He didnt do singles. He left after doubles.

Yes Olimar players tend to be AZZ.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

"MK isn't broken! We didn't pick him because he's the best in the game! The best in the game just use him! That is coincidence!"

"....that's silly! We can't ban MK! He has counters! Like uh... Snake! And Olimar!"

"No, of course I don't lose to Olimars! I own them! The only time I lost was because a suicide and that other time I played someone other than MK!"

*sigh* since somepeople are so biased and ignorant i will once again post why olimar wins

Olimar has the ablilty to not let a character get near him. He is like falco in melee, when ever a situation gets grim you can resort to camping your projectile. MK can't really approach olimar, if he tries to dash in he gets grabbed, if he tries to camp above with dairs he gets up smashed or up b'd, if he tries to just camp olimar he gets veggies thrown at him and if he tries to tornado in he'll get grabbed. Olimar also has the ablitly to deal damage really quick and kill at relativley low percents. killing meta at mid 70s with a purple pikmin or late 80s early 90s with a red one is sorta gay. Plus olimars pivot grab CANNOT be punished. Early grab combos **** over mk as well because if it'll force MK to approach if he gets grabbed at the start of the match because he'll take somewhere from 43-52% in which case olimar can just camp him with retreating pikmin toss into pivot grab and if he tries to hover above he'll just get up smashed. Any grab you get on MK will automatically put him at a disadvantage because it will automatically allow you to camp him again and repeat the process of not letting him approach

Yes Olimar players tend to be AZZ.
Thankies =^_^=

Inui

Banned via Warnings

When will you post anything of consequence? I can't remember the last time you actually made a real argument about anything.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh, just ignore memphischains. He has dedicated 100% of his posts to insulting me, addressing me, or both, despite saying he doesn't like me or my posts. He should just put me on ignore if he wants to have his actions back his words. I just disregard what he says because his opinion is worthless to me.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
We need a discussion going. Atomsk make an argument rather than mess around for a bit. Just for a few posts.

MK can't really approach olimar, if he tries to dash in he gets grabbed, if he tries to camp above with dairs he gets up smashed or up b'd, if he tries to just camp olimar he gets veggies thrown at him and if he tries to tornado in he'll get grabbed.
This is incorrect Kinda.
When mk tornadoes as long as he remains slightly above olimar's head he can stay and attack Olimar with it and avoid being grabbed or ^B'ed.
This is similar to what Peach does with her Dair .
Mk should NEVER attempt to camp with his dairs he doesn't have Peach's float ability so he cannot harass Olimar to the same degree.

He can do a bit of a hover and then he should move away from Olimar's range.
He should play like a Marth. Rather than just hover within a certain distance (camping with Dairs) he should attempt to maintain spacing.

Staying ouside of Olimar's range and then drifting in to attack before drifting away again.
the benefit of having multiple jumps aids him in this though it is not as effective.

Mk can't camp Olimar unless he is at far range and even then i won't accomplish anything.
Olimar also has the ablitly to deal damage really quick and kill at relativley low percents. killing meta at mid 70s with a purple pikmin or late 80s early 90s with a red one is sorta gay. Plus olimars pivot grab CANNOT be punished.
Woah this is not true dude.
Olimar can be punished it is difficult but it is not impossible. Again refer to Peach's floating ability.
You must also remember that Olimar has no grab armor so anything that hits him during a grab attempt will work.

Also remember that Mk can maintain himself in the air and quickly move out of range if needed.
The issue is that Olimar needs to actually land the hit and MK's range allows him some breathing room in that he does not have to be as close. The pikmin have crap priority and his nair can be used as both a pikmin killer and an attack.

Early grab combos **** over mk as well because if it'll force MK to approach if he gets grabbed at the start of the match because he'll take somewhere from 43-52% in which case olimar can just camp him with retreating pikmin toss into pivot grab and if he tries to hover above he'll just get up smashed. Any grab you get on MK will automatically put him at a disadvantage because it will automatically allow you to camp him again and repeat the process of not letting him approach.
43-52%?
Can you tell me what combo this is exactly?
usmash does not solve the hovering MK issue.
Similar to his grab the Usmash leaves a blind spot (diagonally) that allows MK to get at him. With the speed and range to MK's attacks this is very doable of occurring.

Hovering works realy well int hat it keeps him out of attack range and allows him to go after Olimars blind spot.
And one Olimar is in the air MK can make things difficult for Olimar because his Uair and Dair mean that FF airdodges and whistle armor don't work as well as they normally would. he cannot be kept in the air indefinitely but once MK has him in the air, Olimar will take a good amount of damage and risk dying early.

Oh, just ignore memphischains. He has dedicated 100% of his posts to insulting me, addressing me, or both, despite saying he doesn't like me or my posts. He should just put me on ignore if he wants to have his actions back his words. I just disregard what he says because his opinion is worthless to me.
Which is why you keep mentioning it. ignore him and if he doesn't do the same to you it says who was better off in the end yes?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Doesnt Olimars fsmash stop the tornado though? :-\

Either way the tornado doesnt hurt olimar too much being he usually pops out. I popped out without even DIing. Kinda strange.

Btw U can footstool the tornado. I believe some ppl in this thread has seen it. Too ***** funny.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
We need a discussion going. Atomsk make an argument rather than mess around for a bit. Just for a few posts.

This is incorrect Kinda.
When mk tornadoes as long as he remains slightly above olimar's head he can stay and attack Olimar with it and avoid being grabbed or ^B'ed.
this is where you shield the tornado and grab him afterwards

plus nair beats the nado from above, and if auto cancels into u-smash

also mk pops out of the nado easily XD

He can do a bit of a hover and then he should move away from Olimar's range.
He should play like a Marth. Rather than just hover within a certain distance (camping with Dairs) he should attempt to maintain spacing.
f-smash will also beat his attempts to space, since its what stops marth's spacing

Staying ouside of Olimar's range and then drifting in to attack before drifting away again.
the benefit of having multiple jumps aids him in this though it is not as effective.
during this whole time of drifting away you'll be pelted with vegies and u-air has gay priority

Mk can't camp Olimar unless he is at far range and even then i won't accomplish anything.
Woah this is not true dude.
Olimar can be punished it is difficult but it is not impossible. Again refer to Peach's floating ability.
You must also remember that Olimar has no grab armor so anything that hits him during a grab attempt will work.
MK isn't peach. Camping into pivot grab when he tries to approach ruins this whole problem of lack of grab armor

Also remember that Mk can maintain himself in the air and quickly move out of range if needed.
The issue is that Olimar needs to actually land the hit and MK's range allows him some breathing room in that he does not have to be as close. The pikmin have crap priority and his nair can be used as both a pikmin killer and an attack.
no mk isn't safe in the air because of u-smash and u-air plus camping. dam nair knocks them off only to allow you to be grabbed while you land on the ground or spaced f-smash.

43-52%?
Can you tell me what combo this is exactly?
d-throw up smash up air

usmash does not solve the hovering MK issue.
Similar to his grab the Usmash leaves a blind spot (diagonally) that allows MK to get at him. With the speed and range to MK's attacks this is very doable of occurring.
olimar's up smash has stupud range plus its extremly fast, plus note again up air has a gay priority

Hovering works realy well int hat it keeps him out of attack range and allows him to go after Olimars blind spot.
just camp and space smashs and grabs, this limits your blind spots to none unless you mess up

And onCe Olimar is in the air MK can make things difficult for Olimar because his Uair and Dair mean that FF airdodges and whistle armor don't work as well as they normally would. he cannot be kept in the air indefinitely but once MK has him in the air, Olimar will take a good amount of damage and risk dying early.
i agree with this but this doesn't mean olimar doesn't have ways around this
nair has lots of priority
and dair is a good way to get down to

is that a good discussion for you :chuckle:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You edited just as I was editing.
the reason Olimar pops out is because the bottom of the tornado pops the enemy up the way TL's Dsmash hits the opponent into the rest of itself. Combine with Olimar being light and floaty he gets out without having to Di. it is best to Di and get to the ground as fast as possible since Mk can still harass you before you reach the ground after he finishes the tornado.

meh I don't find the footstool useful though its hilarious when it happens.

this is where you shield the tornado and grab him afterwards

plus nair beats the nado from above, and if auto cancels into u-smash

also mk pops out of the nado easily XD
you are misunderstanding. MK will simply remain in an angle wher eyou cannot hit him or jump and nair. MK would ahve to tornado from far away and he'll do it just outside your grab range.
If I feel I can't harass you with the tornado any longer I'll move away higher than Sh height slightly) and land on the ground with zero lag once i end the tornado.

The Nair doesn't beat the tornado its that it does the same behavior Sonic Fair does when it meets MK's side B. It goes clang clang clang clang until Mk gets hit.

f-smash will also beat his attempts to space, since its what stops marth's spacing
the issue though is that Mk won't stay on the ground he'll typically remain int he air near your blind spot like peach. Marth has the disadvantage of not having multijumps and has slightly less range when it comes to safe moves so he can't constantly remain near Olimar's blindspot when in the air.

It does help space but I think you're giving it too much credit.
I am pessimistic though.

during this whole time of drifting away you'll be pelted with veggies and u-air has gay priority
This is true but I am sure MK could use his tornado to kill off any pikimin and move him away frmo the Uair.

The uair doesn't necessarily have great priority. I noticed that the pikmin behave similar to specials. The hit gets canceled, with the Uair being multihit this solves the issue.

MK isn't peach. Camping into pivot grab when he tries to approach ruins this whole problem of lack of grab armor
Of course not but he can behave similarly in which he can pressured Olimar by remaining just above grab range and just far away enough from his usmash that Mk can continuously Dair.
so if Olimar tries to roll away it just pushes him closer to the edge where he won't be able to pivot grab as easily.
If you try to pivot grab you'll miss.
If you try to Usmash you'll also miss.
An ^B would hit but I am too close and my attack would reach you.

As Mk I cannot maintain the exact pressure that peach does, however I can do something similar and just constantly push you farther and farther away.
i cannot break your defense exactly but I can force you into a position where it will not be as strong.

no mk isn't safe in the air because of u-smash and u-air plus camping. dam nair knocks them off only to allow you to be grabbed while you land on the ground or spaced f-smash.
Not completely safe but he s safer and can remain just outside of Olimars range but close enough that he can move in. It isn't completetly safe I admit that, but it a viable position. By nairing I mean double jump Nair not while I am landing on the ground within range of your attacks.

d-throw up smash up air
I can land the Usmash but the Uair can be Di'ed away from apparently. maybe I am doing it wrong though.

olimar's up smash has stupid range plus its extremly fast, plus note again up air has a gay priority
we must remember though that Mk's range allows him some lenincy and his hovering ability lets him stay out of range of those attacks. He isn't completely safe, not in the way peach is safe but it allows him to approach Olimar effectively.

just camp and space smashs and grabs, this limits your blind spots to none unless you mess up
Your grabs and Fsmashes are not going to work because willa always remain high enough where they cannot reach me. The Usmash can hit Mk but you also have to remember he has the ability to jump away and maintains afety. At which point he can just pressure you towards the edge where your defensive game is hindered to a greater degree.

The aim is not to cause damage directly.

i agree with this but this doesn't mean olimar doesn't have ways around this
nair has lots of priority
and dair is a good way to get down too
Nair's priority does not compare to any of Mk's aerials.
Dair is also not good because it lacks priority.
MK can just Uair to Uair you.
Olimar is just too vulnerable to get back to the ground without incurring a good amount of damage.
is that a good discussion for you :chuckle:
yes but don't chuckle. Its creepy.

i would have to lean towards MK having an advantage primarily because he can pressure Olimar towards the edge and because once Olimar is in the air its going to be tough for Olimar to get back down and resume control.

its not a major advantage I would say at wost 60:40 MK and at best 55:45 MK.
I am just pessimistic when it comes to MK.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Actually, since we keep MK's from approaching too close by ground, we normally have ample warning to shield the nado, and then punish it using our range.

Peach can like Dair and retreat and then come back without ever touching the ground. MK touches the ground after he retreats(with the nado) where our range is long enough to punish.

MK's Dair is trickier. I think Olimar has to be more patient on this one.

Anyhow, a pivot grab is virtually unpunishable. Its can be used while fleeing to basically make it so the Pikmin is where Olimar was while Olimar runs. Running towards him gets you grabbed and MK's airspeed can't catchup up within the minimal whiff lag.

Basically, what happens in perfect camping is that pikmin throw forces approach, smashes provide range, grabs cover the low priority, pivot grabs lets you respace to avoid being hit while grabbing, and no character can stay in the air long enough with shield pokers to force Olimar to to edge where he can't pivot. Except Peach.

Oh, and yeah, once he's in the air, he might as well be grabbed by ICs.

But thats the whole point, except of "Don't get grabbed", its "Don't get hit", and like how the "Don't get grabbed" only applies because of IC's terrible grabs, "Don't get hit" only applies because of Olimar's epic defense game.

cman

Smash Ace
Why isn't this supposed olimar advantage translating into actual tourny wins over well known MKs?

XienZo

Smash Lord
Why isn't this supposed oli advantage translating into actual tourny wins over MK?
Blah blah blah, most Olimars don't perfect camp because spiking and stuff is more fun, blah blah blah, most Olimars dont get experience against good MKs cuz of region, blah blah blah, Atomsk is really the only one to master this, blah blah blah.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
^ i got blackwaltz to start doing it XD

umm i've taken matches off of m2k. its also because most people don't want to camp to the degreeeeeeeeeeee that you have to

Inui

Banned via Warnings
As i said before. Most olimars dont kno this and they are AZZ!!!!
^ This.

Why don't the pro-ban people understand that most players are bad or mediocre? It's just a fact of competitive gaming.

I have lost two sets to Atomsk's Olimar in the current season of NJ's rankings, once with Snake and once with Meta Knight, and our last set was 3-2. Atomsk has done very well against Mew2King with Olimar. I beat BlackWaltz 2-1 and every match was really close. Olimar is clearly doing very well over here and the match-up is clearly winnable for Olimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom