• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky`

Smash Lord
About 3s, I play 3s and Yun is not the best. Chun is definitely the best. 3s is also very different from brawl, mostly because it was made to be competitive. All the characters in 3s are fairly balanced, or at least more so than in other fighting games. In SBO Kuroda beat Jwong(Chun) and Ricky Ortiz(Ken) with Q, the lowest tiered character. No one in 3s dominates anywhere close to the level mk does.
You're Nuts.

Sean is the best character in that game, jst n01 knowz it =ccz hes 2 broken.

But on a lighter note.

Thesis: Banning a character to any degree is stupid. We know when to ban a character, when there is nobody arguing otherwise.

Go ahead. Rip it apart, dun kare.

thespymachine

Smash Ace

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I am going to try the Edrees approach here...

But there's still plenty of players who do not, and most importantly, who instead develop their characters to the point where they can beat the Top Tiers. Chun-Li actually wins more tournaments than Yun from what I hear.

And more importantly, no attempt at banning the best simply for being the best. Because the others know that while Yun is the best, he is far from unbeatable and elect to either play Yun or develop another character to a point where they can win against Yun.

Meta-Knight and can favour one side over the other (randomly). Even if you're good enough to avoid the metaknight, it doesn't change the fact that the game just, for a few seconds, became you vs. the Meta knightand your opponent, who in most cases is free to take a shot at you while you're avoiding the potentially deadly (and sometimes homing)metaknight.

No matter how good one becomes, it's still a totally unfair advantage not due to skill or choice by meta knight(i.e. luck). meta knight is anti-Competitive.

This is not how it works. If a meta knightspawns at the right time for one side, another one won't usually spawn at the right time for the other. It's meta knight. A higher rate just means there's greater chances of something meta knight occurring to meta knight the results.
nah. completely different. both players have the choice to use pokemon, but getting a good meta knight is chance. This argument is apples and oranges.
It's necessary since some people still haven't understood why meta knight are bad for Competition and also fail to understand exactly how meta knight works.
We've long since hacked out tripping.

@ cman: Comparing MK and randomness is stupid, because bad pokemon are a cinch to beat, wheras my younger sister can pull out certain meta knight and win.

funny thing is, for the most part, it works completely...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You're Nuts.

Sean is the best character in that game, jst n01 knowz it =ccz hes 2 broken.

But on a lighter note.

Thesis: Banning a character to any degree is stupid. We know when to ban a character, when there is nobody arguing otherwise.

Go ahead. Rip it apart, dun kare.
there are still ppl out there that say akuma is beatable...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Akuma IS beatable.

He is STILL used by newbs at Japanese tournaments and subsequently ***** by the pros who play other characters there.

And the PRIMARY reason why Akuma is considered so bannable, at least during his initial discussion over whether he should be banned, was because he had at least two very easily comparable characters, Ryu and Ken. He combined the best of both worlds + an escape option + an air fireball + a ridiculously powerful super.

Meta Knight, it's much harder for us to quantify this because there is no direct comparison to another character in the game, hence the arguments.

Jeez, how many time do I have to make this point?!

And I am talking about Turbo, not 3S.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im talking ST because by skys definition, akuma shouldnt be banned because of what dragz says

@Thyo
it actually works best in your quote...

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Akuma IS beatable.

He is STILL used by newbs at Japanese tournaments and subsequently ***** by the pros who play other characters there.

And the PRIMARY reason why Akuma is considered so bannable, at least during his discussion over whether he should be banned, was because he had at least two very easily comparable characters, Ryu and Ken. He combined the best of both worlds + an escape option + an air fireball + a ridiculously powerful super.

Meta Knight, it's much harder for us to quantify this because there is no direct comparison to another character in the game, hence the arguments.

Jeez, how many time do I have to make this point?!

And I am talking about Turbo, not 3S.
Over 9000 times. Or at least once per page, if you really want to make sure no one brings it up. See, most of the people who read this thread just read the latest pages. Very few have read every page. That's why all the arguments get rehashed however many times.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Over 9000 times. Or at least once per page, if you really want to make sure no one brings it up. See, most of the people who read this thread just read the latest pages. Very few have read every page. That's why all the arguments get rehashed however many times.
Y'know what, maybe I will.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Azen thinks MK should NOT be banned actually. I asked him himself, the only reason Azen said to ban MK at the VA tourney is so possibly more ppl would come. His actual stance on if MK should be banned or not is that he shouldn't. You also personally convinced a lot of people that he should be banned, but it doesn't mean that's the right thing to do. If no bad matchups mean a character should be banned, Fox (or Sheik the way I see it) should be banned in Melee.

also WOW @ how dumb overswarm is

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there are still people who say bush should still lead.
and THIS is why we shouldnt listen to people that dont want to ban meta knight.

@thio
i dont really know what you were trying to imply with that idiocy statement, but i was just throwing out the fact that your quote worked best when i implied the edrees approach to the situation

fkacyan

Smash Hero

@thio
i dont really know what you were trying to imply with that idiocy statement, but i was just throwing out the fact that your quote worked best when i implied the edrees approach to the situation
An idiot with MK is going to lose.

If you're losing to scrubs who use MK then you suck.

brinboy789

Smash Champion

@thio
wow. way to ignore what everybody else said and focus on the joke post.

WAY TO GO!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Azen thinks MK should NOT be banned actually. I asked him himself, the only reason Azen said to ban MK at the VA tourney is so possibly more ppl would come. His actual stance on if MK should be banned or not is that he shouldn't. You also personally convinced a lot of people that he should be banned, but it doesn't mean that's the right thing to do. If no bad matchups mean a character should be banned, Fox (or Sheik the way I see it) should be banned in Melee.

also WOW @ how dumb overswarm is
I think that's really the sad part about this whole thing. Alot of people don't want MK banned for various reasons, but they're realizing that it may be necessary nonetheless.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think that's really the sad part about this whole thing. Alot of people don't want MK banned for various reasons, but they're realizing that it may be necessary nonetheless.
MK needing to get banned so whiny people continue to line top players' pockets =/= MK needing to be banned because he's good.

If they're going to argue for his ban... At least argue the actual effing point.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ M2K do you understand how sad that is?
that someone who doesnt want to ban MK STILL advises it because he knows that MK is killing the game and discouraging tourney attendance... does that not mean anything to you?

@thio
1. depends on your definition of scrub. really bad players will still lose, yes. but what about the people that are alright at the game but are noticibly worse than you, but can compete with you, and even beat you just because they use MK?
2. you just called your little sister an idiot...
3. if you want to go to the biggest smash tourney of the year next year around this time, and show up to see a 25 man tourney, than go ahead and be my guest

@bboy
if you dont want your words to be focused on...
DONT EFFING TALK

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
now i remember why i stopped talking to you bboy...

you got mad at me for bashing your "joke" post, in responce to that i say if you dont want ppl to respond to your joke posts, dont make joke posts...
how is that ignoring you?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@ M2K do you understand how sad that is?
that someone who doesnt want to ban MK STILL advises it because he knows that MK is killing the game and discouraging tourney attendance... does that not mean anything to you?

@thio
1. depends on your definition of scrub. really bad players will still lose, yes. but what about the people that are alright at the game but are noticibly worse than you, but can compete with you, and even beat you just because they use MK?
2. you just called your little sister an idiot...
3. if you want to go to the biggest smash tourney of the year next year around this time, and show up to see a 25 man tourney, than go ahead and be my guest

@bboy
if you dont want your words to be focused on...
DONT EFFING TALK
She's five. She can't beat me with MK.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
now i remember why i stopped talking to you bboy...

you got mad at me for bashing your "joke" post, in responce to that i say if you dont want ppl to respond to your joke posts, dont make joke posts...
how is that ignoring you?
did i get mad? no.
you really ARE ********. im sorry, but seriously. let me sum this up for you.

since you OBVIOUSLY know it was a joke post, and there was several other posts underneath it that WERENT, you focus on them, not mine. dont focus on my post, especially when you obviously know its a joke. jeez. start takling about metaknight, not joke posts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you realise that i reference another intelligent posters IN THE SAME POST right after i even said something to you right?

and dont call me ********, that doesnt do anything but make you a hypocrite

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
^^ to brinboy:

Why don't you stop trolling and post something meaninful for once? I've noticed that all your posts are either misinformed or generally useless. I've yet to see one insightful post on your part.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
^^ to brinboy:

Why don't you stop trolling and post something meaninful for once? I've noticed that all your posts are either misinformed or generally useless. I've yet to see one insightful post on your part.
this guy knows what hes talking about
thsi is what happens when you pay attention...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
MK needing to get banned so whiny people continue to line top players' pockets =/= MK needing to be banned because he's good.
That's just a very cynical way of saying that MK may need to be banned so that tournaments can actually run. I've run tournaments and never won one that I ran, but if I knew that a significant amount of people would not show up if MK were legal, I would at least consider banning him.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
you realise that i reference another intelligent posters IN THE SAME POST right after i even said something to you right?

and dont call me ********, that doesnt do anything but make you a hypocrite
then dont focus on my post. dont even mention it. ignore it? jeez. insulting people makes you look real cool trust me

^^ to brinboy:

i dont. do you think that this thread has any meaning anymore. it lost its meaning after page 2. the SBR holds ultimate authority. or at least the general decision.

this guy knows what hes talking about
thsi is what happens when you pay attention...
seriously, this post was really useful to this thread.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LMAO@ SBR holds ultimate authority.

You seriously need to pay attention to what the **** is going on dude.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
SBR will hold the most influential decision though. Many states would be afraid to ban MK as a whole without a SBR decision to 'validate'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom