• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I didn't say it wasn't breakable, I said it had the most options :p

...Breaking it numerous ways was part of them.
I don't like broken systems, though. I'm the kinda guy who can't go through Blaster Master without using the pause glitch on bosses, just because it's there.

IX's system was the best, in my opinion. And in Square's too, it's the only one they've used in multiple games (Well, every Tactics game, at least).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
but my interest has been piqued, i was so used to mage guy, sword guy, heal guy.
i tried 10 for a solid 20 mins, i just wanted to know if these became strategic or work like movies with interaction.
Well, if you like strategy, pick up Final Fantasy Tactics. Amazing, amazing game, and pretty difficult as well. I didn't like 10, so I would say stay away from it.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
61705?

HOLY FCKING JESUS
did you really go one by one until you got to 61,705?
thats rediculous dude...
I got to 107 (had to end with a 7 if you know what I'm getting at) before I started to go into the thousands and then ten thousands. How I got to 61705 is a little blurry, but it's obvious I had some time to kill that day.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
omg , final fantasy tactics was the ****. I loved that game. Great tactics game. Got stuck in an infinite glitch though, where you couldn't take any more missions. Or I beat the whole game. Not really sure.

^^yeah, there's only so much metaknight you can talk about in one thread per day

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Battle and Ability Systems:
One: Typical class up and spells per day. Think of DnD. About average.
Two: Skill by using things. Hit other party members to make characters ungodly. Terrible system.
Three: Job level system. Very flexible, made for some decent enjoyment. Above average
Four: Set class system, augments. Above average.
Five: Forgot this one. >_>
Six: Forgot the system here too. Been way too long.
Seven: Materia. Was never a fan, but it worked. Above average.
Eight: Draw system. Also breakable. Under average
Nine: Item ability learn system. Class breakdowns. Good system.
Ten: Sphere Grid. Great early on, but homogenized in late game when every character could have everything. Average.
Eleven: Lolno
Twelve: Gambit system ruined everything. Epic failure.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Five was job system, Six was Espers, Ten-Two was dress spheres (fancy name for job system)

salaboB

Smash Champion
Five: Forgot this one. >_>
Six: Forgot the system here too. Been way too long.
If I recall on them...

Five was entirely job based, mastering a job gave you its skill while in another job.

Six was pretty similar to four, just a bit more flexibility on the characters' abilities and levelling bonuses from equipped espers at level (And be careful to not waste attributes, there was a cap :p). For the life of me I can't recall how you taught people spells, maybe that was esper based too.

Eight wasn't *really* about the draw system imo, that was just kinda a gimmie for it. The main aspect of it was the summons soaking hits for you as their summoning risk/advantage and the junctioning system.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I thought the sphere grid was the coolest. Further on you would get the ability to even max the entire thing out to make your character super powerful.

Too good..

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You know what's really good? Touhou. =X

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The Sphere Grid was too easy to break at the end.

FF8 was harder to break which is sad cuz that game was CAKE in regards to how easy it was to break.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rofl @ mr kills

and the only one i played was X b/c KH made me want to learn about those characters...

so that being said, X was epic, it had good scale, music always seemed to fit, story lines were awesome and had good twists
and even though the system was out for 5 more years, it had arguably the best graphics of any game on the PS2

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Blackbelt's list of Final Fantasies, in order of how much I liked them:

1. 6
2. Crisis Core
3. 2
4. 9
5. 4
6. 10
7. Tactics
8. 3
9. 1
10. 7
11. 5

I do not have an opinion on 8 or 12 yet, as I am playing through them now.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
marth has bad matchups outside of mk. he is really not that great. mk, snake, gaw, d3, wario, falco, rob, and possibly dk are all better than marth, and soon luigi. marth is between 8 and 10th, good but not that great, with or without mk. stop being marth fanboys, i know he is really cute with his tiarra and all...
Why are you attempting to be on topic...I think...?

salaboB

Smash Champion
marth has bad matchups outside of mk. he is really not that great. mk, snake, gaw, d3, wario, falco, rob, and possibly dk are all better than marth, and soon luigi. marth is between 8 and 10th, good but not that great, with or without mk. stop being marth fanboys, i know he is really cute with his tiarra and all...
Woah, where did this come from?

...I was trying to place which FF Marth was from >.>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
DK and Wario are not better then Marth.

Are you on crack?

Seriously.

Neither is ROB for that matter. But I can tolerate you saying that because at least ROB is in the same league.

Marth is straight up better then those two though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
DK and Wario are not better then Marth.

Are you on crack?

Seriously.

Neither is ROB for that matter. But I can tolerate you saying that because at least ROB is in the same league.

Marth is straight up better then those two though.
i think your fanboy is showing...
lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Nah son. That's just my logic.

It's understandable that you would get them mixed up.

Smashboards has a way of f*cking up how you think when you stay on too long.

I suggest you lurk moar until the poisoness effects of the boards no longer screw up your mind.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Nah son. That's just my logic.

It's understandable that you would get them mixed up.

Smashboards has a way of f*cking up how you think when you stay on too long.

I suggest you lurk moar until the poisoness effects of the boards no longer screw up your mind.
Geez.. You always have such harsh words whenever I see you post...

TL?

Smash Ace
Wow what happened to this topic? I would just like to point out that comparing brawl and metaknight to other games and their best character is a very flawed way of thinking. That is all. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
now i know theres something wrong,

you just say swf poisons the mind, but than you said lurk more,

if im lurking, than im still on swf, and therefore, im still being poisoned, thus your advice does not help me

thats MY logic showing son

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Emblem Lord is kind of a ****. Everyone gets used to it eventually. He's not necessarily wrong. I think he just hates everyone on the boards secretly and is plotting our downfall as we speak.

EDIT
daK.I.D.: Lurking more would cause you to experience low dossages of the poison at a time, allowing you to build up a tolerance to it's effects. In theory this would eventually grant you an immunity as can actually happen with some poisons. (this is why it's a bad idea to ever poison someone "a little at a time")

clowsui

Smash Legend
Eight is really underrated, its story is decent (I liked it much more than 10's lol), Triple Triad + breaking the game is just way too much fun. Also if you don't know how to break it and you play through it normally it's really quite fun and challenging.

FMVs in that game were nuts too for PS1...looked like low/mid-tier PS2 stuff >_>;

imo IX was really good as well, it's just kinda boring.

Overall I'd have to say that Ivalice Alliance (FFT-FFTA-FFTA II - FFXII - RWings - Vagrant Story if you really want to count it) is my favorite if only because I enjoy FFT (A, A2, PSP) not to mention that FFXII had some REALLY cool concepts that were the closest to "epic" but had very slightly flawed execution (they ripped off of Star Wars too much imo but the graphics + FMV + slight twist on the revolution story was pretty cool). FFVI was really imbalanced in terms of gameplay because of TOO much character freedom, it has by far my favorite characters though. FFVII has some of my favorite bosses but in terms of storyline depth I thought VIII and VI were MUCH more intriguing (VIII's
time paradoxes
, love story and semi-realistic war story and VI's dystopia + sidequest recruiting were awesome) in terms of story substance.

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
I don't like broken systems, though. I'm the kinda guy who can't go through Blaster Master without using the pause glitch on bosses, just because it's there.

IX's system was the best, in my opinion. And in Square's too, it's the only one they've used in multiple games (Well, every Tactics game, at least).
IX was terrible. Its learning system made you equip junky items to get the skills as you discovered them; rather than upgrading, you had to downgrade at points. While it's an interesting idea, in practice it's annoying.

IX also had a flawed battle system. The worst part was the limit breaks. Not only were they a let down in appearance, but they didn't save over battles (something FF7 let you do), which led to boring build-up fights before the bosses, where you let characters sit nearly full. You could just not worry about your limit, but really, it's your LIMIT! You're supposed to worry about it!

I can't even remember IX's story.. you're some monkey boy with a monkey cousin wanting to monkey up the world?

salaboB

Smash Champion

9 was easy to stomp through, so I don't know quite what your definition of breakable is. (Really, if "breakable" means "be invincible" I can't think of an FF you couldn't manage it in)

It also didn't share systems with FF:Tactics (At least not the original), that one was job based and not equipment based -- similar but a drastically different feeling.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Emblem Lord is kind of a ****. Everyone gets used to it eventually. He's not necessarily wrong. I think he just hates everyone on the boards secretly and is plotting our downfall as we speak.

EDIT
daK.I.D.: Lurking more would cause you to experience low dossages of the poison at a time, allowing you to build up a tolerance to it's effects. In theory this would eventually grant you an immunity as can actually happen with some poisons. (this is why it's a bad idea to ever poison someone "a little at a time")
1st para.
its totally true, i used to hate EL, but now its easy for me to get past the BS ( his last comment wasnt even that bad) and once you do that, hes really smart, and really funny.
2nd para.
i dont understand what you mean at the end, do you mean that poisoning them little by little will not kill them as it will make them immune to the poison, or that the immunity will make the person unaware that they are dying because they are immune to the signs?
btw, ive gotten alergy shots for like 10 years, and that is the idea behind that. that low doses will make your body deal better with high doses

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The second paragraph meant you shouldnt risk them building up an immunity at the expense of needing to hide your actions for a long period of time and should instead kill them with a large dose all at once and get it the **** over with.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Emblem Lord is black, he's a pimp IRL, he has good taste in video games, and he's funny as all sin. How can you get any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom