• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
They are. SBR gives sustainable, usually widely accepted guidelines to competitive play. That doesn't stop the actual standard from being potentially different.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Wow.

N*ggas seriously need to grow some balls.

And yes. I'm referring to the TO's and I believe Ankoku is as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wait wah. then who does >.<

i feel nubish

unless your talking about the tourney TO's?
rofl at you getting owned...
i see how it is now, i tell you whats going on, and im ignoring your post,
a purple named person tell you to shut the hell up and you listen

and dont act like they didnt just tell you to shut up, cus ankoku said that you need to leave. and leaving the board= not talking on it

and you should feel nubish, you should have felt like that since you got here.
but i will admit that bboy taught me something
now i know why people lurk....
so they dont end up looking as stupid as this kid...

p.s. i REALLY hope EL is black so i can laugh at his stuff, as opposed to having to find and beat him up for beign racist, cus hes a really funny dude...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The SBR talks about random stuff like which Final Fantasy was the better game and occasionally comes up with tier lists and guidelines for tournament rules that people can use as reference.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
rofl at you getting owned...
i see how it is now, i tell you whats going on, and im ignoring your post,
a purple named person tell you to shut the hell up and you listen

and dont act like they didnt just tell you to shut up, cus ankoku said that you need to leave. and leaving the board= not talking on it

and you should feel nubish, you should have felt like that since you got here.
but i will admit that bboy taught me something
now i know why people lurk....
so they dont end up looking as stupid as this kid...
i didnt get owned...i asked a question and got an answer...
and wow...you have mad issues. im not even kidding. i have a suggestion. go to the pharmacy. buy some chill pills, come back tomorrow with a better attitude. don gimme this sh*t k? its starting to piss me off.

Wow.

N*ggas seriously need to grow some balls.

And yes. I'm referring to the TO's and I believe Ankoku is as well.
well obviously the TO holds the decision, but shouldnt the general decision be the SBR's?

highlighted bold part to prevent flaming

btw this is a QUESTION

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nah we just say stuff

For some reason the rest of you idiots need to follow some leader or something.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The SBR talks about random stuff like which Final Fantasy was the better game and occasionally comes up with tier lists and guidelines for tournament rules that people can use as reference.
Final Fantasy VI.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
with such a lax approach to it, i can see how they effed up teh tier list so bad lol

@ bboy
they just do the discussion and put out guidelines that they think are the fairest and are best for the game and the ppl playing it

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SBR will hold the most influential decision though. Many states would be afraid to ban MK as a whole without a SBR decision to 'validate'.
Other regions laugh at the SBR.

Reactions vary. Do not take SBR without consulting your doctor first. SBR should not be taken if you dislike authority or believe you are the authority. SBR should not be taken by pregnant women or those at risk of heart disease.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Beats arguing about Metaknight.
6 felt a bit too fragmented is the main thing against it, while 7 maintained a more cohesive story because it wasn't trying to hold quite as many characters together. A lot of which is actually better comes down to preference based on that, imo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Other regions laugh at the SBR.

Reactions vary. Do not take SBR without consulting your doctor first. SBR should not be taken if you dislike authority or believe you are the authority. SBR should not be taken by pregnant women or those at risk of heart disease.
amazing...

you just forgot the list of side effects...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
6 felt a bit too fragmented is the main thing against it, while 7 maintained a more cohesive story because it wasn't trying to hold quite as many characters together. A lot of which is actually better comes down to preference based on that, imo.
10 had like 10 characters didnt it?
how many characters did VI have? jesus...

salaboB

Smash Champion
8 has always been my favorite.
Personally, I enjoyed 8 and probably beat it the most times -- its levelling system allowed a lot of flexibility about how to play through it. But I don't think its story was quite as epic feeling as 6 or 7's so for best FF I don't really consider it a solid contender.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Indeed, 6 is the superior Final Fantasy
Vanish + Doom + Atma ... (Okay that's unrelated. I'm just not sure I ever fought it properly)

My feeling of 6 was that the devastation at the end was a bit too abstract just because of its size, the level of the catastrophe didn't really come through well in the game. Basically, it felt like it bit off a bit more than it could chew.
I've got a theory about MK having an infinite upair juggle trap on Olimar and maybe some other characters. It needs more testing, but still...
That's an interesting possibility, let us know how it turns out :)

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
i'm always surprised people are still fans of final fantasy games, especially the "classics".
out of curiosity do they still line up enemies, like up heros, and let the menu based action play out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You didn't think something little like the end of the world will do Square in, did you?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Every fanboy? Good luck. See that number at the end of my name? Yeah, I started at 1 and it wasn't till 27 that I could use it, and that's just on 1 website. I dare you to look at what my AIM screenname is. I ****ing dare you.
Haha, good stuff sir.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Personally, I enjoyed 8 and probably beat it the most times -- its levelling system allowed a lot of flexibility about how to play through it. But I don't think its story was quite as epic feeling as 6 or 7's so for best FF I don't really consider it a solid contender.
Eight had the worst battle and ability system after Two. Way too easy to break.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
FFX was good. But FF6 is godly.

So godly that yesterday I loaded a SNES emulator onto my R4 just so I could play it on my DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom