• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Ok fear I understand you feel I am cocky or "saddly", as you put it, mistaken to challenge the king of the mew3 or 2 or whatevers, but as I stated in my message to you earlier, yes, you are talking to the Ic3man You know they don't call me that for nothing and you should know above everyone else, I am not to be taken lightly...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Don't feed the troll guys...

I'm pretty sure this guy was the one who spammed the roster in the Spoiler Free Zone.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
That's ok oversperm, I understand your statement about my points and the irritation it must be causing you to be losing this conversation to the Ic3man, but don't worry my friend, this is nothing personal. I am just proving a point that Mk should not be banned due to whiners, this is not directed at you personally if you are a supporter, this is general speaking...
You're completely ignorant. Talking with a mighty attitude like you're winning does not mean you actually are.

MK should not be banned due to whiners. MK should be banned because of the legit complains against him and his effect on the metagame- effects which you likely lack the brain cells to understand.

Yaya

Smash Champion
IC3MAN has done the impossible...

He's angered a Peach Main.

Okay, dude, you are now so dead it's not even funny.

XienZo

Smash Lord
trolls here now?

I really think the discussionis starting to stagnate, all we're doing is that we've somewhat agreed to disagree, and then told the facts to all the new people that come in.

Salem

Smash Champion
If he/she is angry on the internet theres something wrong with that person, becuase words and letters shouldn't be able to make people angry... on the internet.

Now back on topic, you can't ban any character in any game becuase he/she is still selectable, and if anybody dares to kick anybody out for a selectable character then everybody is gonna start picking that character and start protesting and all, till we get what we want.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I really wish people who don't know what they're talking about would just shut their mouths -____- (which is what I'm doing in this debate actually). Though I guess the less you know the less you realize it :/.

Salem

Smash Champion
I really wish people who don't know what they're talking about would just shut their mouths -____- (which is what I'm doing in this debate actually). Though I guess the less you know the less you realize it :/.
Stop talking hotgarbage. LOL

I know what i'm talking about, and this is my mouth, you don't control it, k'ay?

All I want is everybody to stop all this MK should be banned madness, seriously.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
So you don't think you can beat a MK without using MK, huh? You really don't think anybody can truly win against him without using him?

If you think that, then that's becuase you don't want to spend anytime with your character and find a weak point in MK's moveset, you don't want to think he's beatable, therfore you cannot win, if you can just THINK you can win then you can, that's what all the MK users do and that's exactly why MK wins, with speed and fast thinking you can win.

but you don't, so you don't win at all.

end of discussion, I win!

Just kidding but really, keep practicing first, theres alot more secrets in this game then you think.
Trust me, I can beat Metaknights.

But the fact is, the best option is Metaknight.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Stop talking hotgarbage. LOL

I know what i'm talking about, and this is my mouth, you don't control it, k'ay?

All I want is everybody to stop all this MK should be banned madness, seriously.
That post wasn't directed towards you.

Though now that I look at your post it's clear that you have no freaking clue what you're talking about. A character can't be banned because he's selectable? What?

Anyways, ignore list ho!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
That's exactly why everybody picks him now, becuase all of you keep thinking MK's the best option, y'all are just way to lazy to train with your original character...

Ughh...
Actually, it's not just opinion.

The facts and research state so.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's becuase nobody even tried researching on any other character but MK, way too lazy like I said.
You need to be educated.

I invented ROB. From the ground up, I created and discovered most of the things about him on my own.... but still I wasn't alone. An entire community of ROB mains got together sharing tips, strategies, and techniques.

How many are left now? 3 or 4 at most.... most of us have quit or switched mains.

I won over ten tournaments in a row and have never gone to a Brawl tournament and not won money from my second tournament on.

I'm not the only one who has switched and/or noticed a problem, but I'm a pretty good example of someone who isn't lazy. I spent a good two months discussing and studying videos attempting to learn to beat MK... your best option is ALWAYS to play Metaknight yourself.

Salem

Smash Champion
That's what i'll do, i'll research with one of MY favorite characters and i'll show you this fact stuff is fake and metaknight is not cheap.

also I like to say this before doing this thing...

Zero-Suit-Samus > Metaknight

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
That's what i'll do, i'll research with one of MY favorite characters and i'll show you this fact stuff is fake and metaknight is not cheap.

I would love to see what one man could find that many could not.

You will fail. I would bet my life on it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Zero Suit is at best even with MK.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
These are the results for the Wichita Bi-weekly in which we tested a Metaknight ban. People had expressed interest in seeing what our results would be like (Metaknight has won all Bi-weeklies before this).
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5215539#post5215539

1: Karmacide_________Snake
2: KY________________Pit/Falco
3: Nynja_____________Diddy
4: Clel_______________Fox/Marth
5: Zeton_____________Fox
5: Steeler____________Pokemon Trainer/G&W/Lucario
7: ChaosTheory_______Lucas
7: InfernoRage_______ROB/Zelda/G&W/Random/Pikachu/Toon Link
9: Domo_____________Marth/Pit/Olimar
9: Ratman___________Snake
9: ArkiveZero_________Link
9: Attackstorm_______Falco
13: Affinity__________D3/G&W/Marth
13: AlexRooster______G&W/D3
13: Artik____________Snake
13: 4do_____________Marth
17: Zhao____________Toon Link/Lucario
17: 4lorn____________G&W/ROB
17: Tempest_________Toon Link
17: Lil' Azen__________Lucario
17: Fino_____________Olimar
17: 4rce_____________Toon Link
17: Holmes___________Kirby
17: Insane-o-tron_____Mario/Luigi
25: 4ever____________Sonic/Toon Link
25: The Irish Guy______Ice Climbers
25: Tan______________Toon Link

Overswarm

is laughing at you
These are the results for the Wichita Bi-weekly in which we tested a Metaknight ban. People had expressed interest in seeing what our results would be like (Metaknight has won all Bi-weeklies before this).

Nice ^_^

You have a link to the thread if there is one?

M.K

Level 55

That is a wide range of characters. To me, that's pretty awesome. Meta-Knight, in most cases, would dominate a list like this. THIS is what we could get to if we just do away with Meta-Knight!

Browny

Smash Hater
clearly its fake, otherwise marth would have taken all top 8 positions, if theories in this thread are to be believed

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord

This is what happens when we don't have MK. The tier list basically breaks apart, and we have a much much much more diverse tier list.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That is a wide range of characters. To me, that's pretty awesome. Meta-Knight, in most cases, would dominate a list like this. THIS is what we could get to if we just do away with Meta-Knight!
As much as this list pleases me, don't jump too fast. It is likely that things would even out in favor of top tier characters after a while.... it'd just end up being multiple good characters instead of just one against many.

M.K

Level 55
As much as this list pleases me, don't jump too fast. It is likely that things would even out in favor of top tier characters after a while.... it'd just end up being multiple good characters instead of just one against many.
Hmm, that's true.
However, I don't think the High Tier characters are as untouchable as Meta-Knight is. Sure, it still takes a boatload of effort to kill a higher tier character, but it's a Jupiter-load of effort to kill just one Meta-Knight. We'd definetly be seeing some newer characters emerge, but overall, (IMO), it's a definite change for the better.

cutter

Smash Champion

WOW! This is so much better than

Meta
Meta
Meta
DDD
Meta
Snake
Meta
Meta

And PT in the top 8? with TWO Foxes as well? We just might be on to something.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Are these generally the same people who joined the tournament previously?

If so, I'm interested to see two things:

1) If the player results changed (did someone who used MK as a CP/secondary end up doing as well, or in the general area he did before?). Granted, it's a flawed question, since some of them might have only mained MK and ended up having to use characters they were far from as good with. And "Top players" before might not have even joined this time.

2) How many of these players kept the same 'mains' throughout the 'ban' - did people who had a low tier main (and didn't use MK) end up getting higher than normal without Metaknight? Was Metaknight just treated as a CP character?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Overswarm has been a major influence in progressing ROB. I remember the amazing set he had with Anther that is probably the best matches have seen so far. The ROB boards used to be filled with life and lots of jokes and discussion. There was like an ask Overswarm thread. Max made a thread with a video of him beating DSF without being campy. Anyway it seemed to me that at first metaknight was a winnable matchup back in the early days but it just went downhill. There was a thread that OS posted about being beat by Vidjo. I think it was like the first time he not come in first since early brawl. The rob boards worked on it but it seems their efforts were all in vain. I think in August or so Overswarm didn't even make top three because of all the metaknights.

Overswarm and Lee have laid out pretty well why metaknight needs to be banned.

I myself don't think it is time to outright ban metaknight, but I support non metaknight tournaments for the sake of improving diversity and the game as a whole.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I admit, the list is very nice, but I'd like to see 3 or 4 more lists of Banned Metaknight tourney results, so that we can prove this isn't a happy coincidence.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Are these generally the same people who joined the tournament previously?

If so, I'm interested to see two things:

1) If the player results changed (did someone who used MK as a CP/secondary end up doing as well, or in the general area he did before?). Granted, it's a flawed question, since some of them might have only mained MK and ended up having to use characters they were far from as good with. And "Top players" before might not have even joined this time.

2) How many of these players kept the same 'mains' throughout the 'ban' - did people who had a low tier main (and didn't use MK) end up getting higher than normal without Metaknight? Was Metaknight just treated as a CP character?
Yes these are generally the same people who always come though this time we had several people travel to the Bi-weekly to try out a Meta-less tourney. We also went to HOBO 11 and did quite well (KY that Pit there got 9th at HOBO). What I did notice was usually the players who get cut quick by the Metas made it -very- far (most notably our Pokemon Trainer main). The Meta mains who have won the bi-weeklies before did not place in the top 8 at this tournament with their secondaries. Meta was entirely banned. And those of us who second him, didn't use him (which was annoying to not have him to fall back on for Olimar, but I got by lol).

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
clearly its fake, otherwise marth would have taken all top 8 positions, if theories in this thread are to be believed
Don't be a moron plz.

I know you are being sarcastic, but seriously.

Anyone with half a brain would know that Marth isn't going to be dominating.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Hm, an interesting result to the experiment already. We need to see a few more banned-meta tournies though and see how it goes. If it's as diverse as this, awesome. :D

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
If its as diverse as this... Then why not ban him? This would push the meta game to its limits easy, and would make people happy, maybe even improve the overall aura of brawl itself?

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
OK well here's the deal, Metaknight should not be banned from brawl tournaments or any other situation. I know you are afraid my friends, don't worry, it's completely understandable. None of you are the Ic3man, but look, even though you guys try and base things off facts and numbers and crap like that, every body has somebody better than them. There's an interesting fact. You all have somebody better than you, that's it. If you can't handle being beaten by a Mk without complaining or trying to issue a ban then maybe you should just not play the game and get real lives. If you do plan on still playing then quit complaining and get better. It's what we like to call competition, you should all be welcoming the challenge not trying to make it all go away. If you're a real competitor you should thrive on learning how to beat the best, you should be begging to face some kind of unbeatable challenge just to prove it wrong. Screw the "FACTS"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom