• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Did I also mention that, should MK be unable to kill his opponent for some reason, he can up+b OOS, be invincible for a few frames after he does it to do through an attack if need be, and kill your character vertically?

I originally thought Yoshi's Island Melee was a great anti-MK stage. It is not. I 3 stocked Vidjo there, he was surprised, then he studied the stage. We came back later and played again, and he 2 stocked me, almost 3 stocking me. He just brought me closer to the top and up+b'd out of shield, killing me as low as 60%!

DADdedede

Smash Cadet
i want MK to be banned as must as the next guy, but his up b is not anywhere near the best kill move in the game! and if u want gimps, there are tons of other moves

cutter

Smash Champion
Why hasn't this brinboy dude been banned yet? I've been reporting like every one of his posts -_-

As for MK's Up B, it is a 100% noob **** move because it lays waste to anyone that sucks at DIing. If you DI it, you'll still die at moderately low percents offstage, but you won't be suffering 25-30% gimps from it consistently.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did I also mention that, should MK be unable to kill his opponent for some reason, he can up+b OOS, be invincible for a few frames after he does it to do through an attack if need be, and kill your character vertically?

I originally thought Yoshi's Island Melee was a great anti-MK stage. It is not. I 3 stocked Vidjo there, he was surprised, then he studied the stage. We came back later and played again, and he 2 stocked me, almost 3 stocking me. He just brought me closer to the top and up+b'd out of shield, killing me as low as 60%!
Up+B out of shield is invulnerable on frame 5 and only frame 5, not "a few frames." Marth's Up+B, on the other hand...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Why hasn't this brinboy dude been banned yet? I've been reporting like every one of his posts -_-

As for MK's Up B, it is a 100% noob **** move because it lays waste to anyone that sucks at DIing. If you DI it, you'll still die at moderately low percents offstage, but you won't be suffering 25-30% gimps from it consistently.
because i havent been doing anything bad? wow YOU should be banned for doing that. why use shuttle loop to gimp when you have fair/dair and they have practically no risk and shuttle loop has risk with doing it?

wait, your saying that MK grounded shuttle loop kills @ 60%? no...thats not right. grounded shuttle loop sucks. unless i misinterpreted it? because there is no way grounded shuttle loop kills @ 60. not even for jiggs i dont think

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The comments regarding choice as a secondary stood out more than anything else I'm seeing. Right now the only way to truly counter MK is with another MK. This has to change or everyone is using MK. This also has to change in a way where weaknesses are exploited in a fashion that opens up a good 3 or 4 characters to stand well againt him, otherwise not enough will get done.
The way I'm sitting back and seeing things going, MK looks like he's just getting better and better, he literally has so much to work with that the other characters are having a harder time finding any real advantage over him.
So, yeah I think he will be banned. I respect the fact that the community needs to wait and explore furthur, and I respect those guys out there that just want to play with the guy they like. I don't see it happening though, 2 months or half a year, one day a we'll look up and see that everyone is maining MK without prejudice, and he'll be banned.
Only other option is to ban certain tactics of his, but sadly MK has no tactics. He just has good moves, we can't ban certain buttons.
Hope this contributed.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
ok now as I was saying, MK has many weak points, many of which I know you guys wouldn't understand because you are not the Ic3man, nevertheless I feel that Mk should remain in tournaments and should be usable in any situation, if you don't like it, get good enough to beat him. Simple...

ADHD

Smash Hero
He's not good enough to be banned, but for the sake of the game, it needs to be done eventually. There comes a point when the game gets boring, that point will come extremely fast with metaknight being chosen to compete more abundantly. Of course all the lazy people will flock to snake, but at least snake has population control. Marth just isn't as good to take metas place, snake is a better character.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ok now as I was saying, MK has many weak points, many of which I know you guys wouldn't understand because you are not the Ic3man, nevertheless I feel that Mk should remain in tournaments and should be usable in any situation, if you don't like it, get good enough to beat him. Simple...
I used to beat you first with only the megabuster without getting hit just because I could.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The only way to get good enough to beat Metaknight is to use Metaknight, which is where the problem lies.

Panix

Smash Ace
Don't bann meta-knight. Well you sorta can't. Because If I decide to host a torunement tomarrow. And I want their to be metaknight. Their will be meta-knights. So in theory ;) you can't bann him.

But for the offical tourneyments and such......

Jst LrN ur MetaGame.

Salem

Smash Champion
The only way to get good enough to beat Metaknight is to use Metaknight, which is where the problem lies.
So you don't think you can beat a MK without using MK, huh? You really don't think anybody can truly win against him without using him?

If you think that, then that's becuase you don't want to spend anytime with your character and find a weak point in MK's moveset, you don't want to think he's beatable, therfore you cannot win, if you can just THINK you can win then you can, that's what all the MK users do and that's exactly why MK wins, with speed and fast thinking you can win.

but you don't, so you don't win at all.

end of discussion, I win!

Just kidding but really, keep practicing first, theres alot more secrets in this game then you think.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind seeing him banned just so people can stfu about this issue and move on with their lives. The Brawl metagame is stale righf now. MK banned would be refreshing for a while.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Ok my friends, besides the FACT that I am the Ic3man and that is a weakness to Mk in itself, you are all looking at this the wrong way. You may base your gameplay on numbers and certain attacks and loops and verticals and horizontals and squares and circles, but it all depends on the player and their skills alone. If there is a guy down my street who uses Mk as his main, is there a guarantee that he's better than the Ic3man, just because he uses him? No my friends, there is no guarantee. Now true M2k is the best Mk user or in my vision "the most famous" but he chose to be good with him, now what happens when we choose to be good with someone? We beat all the other people who aren't as good as us! Does that not make sense?!?! Everyone is better than someone, this fact should not ban a character, which the designers put into this game for a reason, just because some people want to whine about certain moves and people that are better than them JUST because they use Mk. Grow up people, this is what we call competition. If you don't like it, get better...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ok my friends, besides the FACT that I am the Ic3man and that is a weakness to Mk in itself, you are all looking at this the wrong way. You may base your gameplay on numbers and certain attacks and loops and verticals and horizontals and squares and circles, but it all depends on the player and their skills alone. If there is a guy down my street who uses Mk as his main, is there a guarantee that he's better than the Ic3man, just because he uses him? No my friends, there is no guarantee. Now true M2k is the best Mk user or in my vision "the most famous" but he chose to be good with him, now what happens when we choose to be good with someone? We beat all the other people who aren't as good as us! Does that not make sense?!?! Everyone is better than someone, this fact should not ban a character, which the designers put into this game for a reason, just because some people want to whine about certain moves and people that are better than them JUST because they use Mk. Grow up people, this is what we call competition. If you don't like it, get better...
Aren't we talking about the HIGHEST levels of competitive play?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So what happens when you play someone your own skill level and they play MK and you don't?

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
The Salem child is right. There is no "skill" level. Skill is individually distributed by God himself. Unless you are the Ic3man, which you are not, whoever picks Mk and beats you, is most likely better than you...

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
If you are in a position to where you face someone ABOUT the same level "skill" as you, and they pick Mk then you're either better than their Mk or you're not, if you're not, then don't cry about your loss and try to get him banned because you got beat, practice until you get good enough to beat an Mk...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the MK players also be getting better?

Luigi player

Smash Master
If you are in a position to where you face someone ABOUT the same level "skill" as you, and they pick Mk then you're either better than their Mk or you're not, if you're not, then don't cry about your loss and try to get him banned because you got beat, practice until you get good enough to beat an Mk...
Well it would be like that if all characters were the same.

But if one character is better then the other then that player might still win even if he isn't more skilled.

But well.. it's not like I'm having problems against MK... there are no really good ones where I live =/

His whorenado is just that annoying and enough for me to want him banned >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I taught my 11 year old cousin (a girl) to chaingrab>spike with falco. My 15 year old brother plays wolf. She beats him with falco with four grabs. (she messed up once) His wolf beats my one-match-old-zelda, and my cousin's falco got beat by my Zelda. We all three stocked each other.

Who's the better player of me and my siblings?

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
A Very interesting case young Dangmaster, which goes back to my statement in an earlier post, everyone is better than someone, everyone has one advantage over another which might not be the case in a different match. It's just a scenario, like me saying, "what if God came down and chose Marth?! He should be banned!" No. If that triangle applies to everyone in this world then it should also apply to Metaknight. Thank you for proving my point, unless you're the Ic3man, it all depends...

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
That's ok oversperm, I understand your statement about my points and the irritation it must be causing you to be losing this conversation to the Ic3man, but don't worry my friend, this is nothing personal. I am just proving a point that Mk should not be banned due to whiners, this is not directed at you personally if you are a supporter, this is general speaking...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
2>1, 3>2, and 1>2.

got it.

Edit:
Kalm, I agree with everything you said. The people that disagree with you aren't posting because they don't have anything to rebuttal with.

The ones that do agree don't have much else to comment on. What you said has been said before. sorry. :/

F3AR_101

Smash Cadet
Iceman..!!! Your Freaking Cocky As Hell Lol..!!!!! Yes Its F3ar Telling You Lol...dude...m2k (mew2king)is Like God At Melee..if U Play Him Melee Or Brawl, U Will Saddly Get Destoryed Lol....yeah Man.....

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Why thank you rehabilitation child. I'm just trying to find the solution to the "problem" these poor young brawlers created in their innocent nonIc3man lives. Ic3 thanks you for your support and as for you smash palm, I don't consider rehabilitation child a "troll" at all. He seems to be pretty smart to the Ic3man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom