• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
The answer is quite simple my friend. I AM THE IC3MAN. Quite possibly the greatest brawler ever to live son...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think it is important for people here to catalog attendance rates at non-MK tournaments.

Now, the numbers themselves won't show anything at first. A huge spike in attendance, whether up or down, would be a knee-jerk reaction and nothing more. It would show there are a lot of angry MK mains or a lot of people that are excited about it in the area, not much else. Only over time would we see.

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
(attempts to return to topic)

Metaknight should not be banned.

End of story. Trust me, once you get used to him, he is survivable. Bowser is starting to become a nice candidate for a meta counter... imho.

IC3 - your on something (im not sure what yet) and i would love to brawl you lol. Im bored :/

dont ban - just learn how metaknight plays whiners. Just because the highly acclaimed M2K uses him, doesn't necessarily means hes the best.

Sheesh.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
The answer is quite simple my friend. I AM THE IC3MAN. Quite possibly the greatest brawler ever to live son...
Actually, the greatest brawler ever to live is the pomegranate in my hands. Sorry IC3MAN, much as I love ya, pomegranate can whoop your ***.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Anyways moving on, does anynoe know if Mk is causing a drop in tournament attendance.
El paso is hosting a tournament on Nov 15th with MK and we're hoping it has a 100 plus but who knows. NW is banning MK nov 1st and so are a lot of other tournaments around the south west wonder how this one will turn out.

edit: ok lets just go with what OS said about attendance lol. and I'm actually not sure if we are going to ban him or not yet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
(attempts to return to topic)

Metaknight should not be banned.

End of story. Trust me, once you get used to him, he is survivable. Bowser is starting to become a nice candidate for a meta counter... imho.

IC3 - your on something (im not sure what yet) and i would love to brawl you lol. Im bored :/

dont ban - just learn how metaknight plays whiners. Just because the highly acclaimed M2K uses him, doesn't necessarily means hes the best.

Sheesh.
I did get used to him. I main the bat ball.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it is important for people here to catalog attendance rates at non-MK tournaments.

Now, the numbers themselves won't show anything at first. A huge spike in attendance, whether up or down, would be a knee-jerk reaction and nothing more. It would show there are a lot of angry MK mains or a lot of people that are excited about it in the area, not much else. Only over time would we see.

There's an MK "soft-ban" in my area. There's only one MK main, and a person that uses him sometimes. Guess what place they get in at every tournament? I've only seen top 4s from them both, and 1st place wins when they go all MK.

And you look at the tourney results and see only 2 MKs in the top 8.

???

Edit: I read "I think it is important for people here to catalog attendance rates at non-MK tournaments." as...

I think it is important for people here to catalog attendance rates for MKs at tournaments.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol...

yeah, there's an MK "soft ban" in the MW as well. Everyone says "what MK problem? No one plays MK!"

*facepalm*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nobody plays Meta Knight in the Midwest because we all suck so Anther takes 65% of our entry fee with Pikachu.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You're annoying and your posts have no relevance to this thread's topic whatsoever. ( @ Iceman) I think that the number of MK players will decrease as time moves on after seeing all of the ban threads on here. I know that if I was an MK main I would stop as soon as I saw even a single official ban. What's the point of playing him any longer if you know he's going to get banned? That can be argued against, however. No one is sure if he's going to permanently get the ban hammer so I think we'll just have to wait it out and see. It's arguable that he should and should not be banned for various reasons, I'm more with the ban him though unfortunately.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^funny both of you mentioned "midwest, and yet one say's "Nodody plays Meta Knight" while the other says "it's soft-ban", god i'm confused about this as of now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
^funny both of you mentioned "midwest, and yet one say's "Nodody plays Meta Knight" while the other says "it's soft-ban", god i'm confused about this as of now.
It's essentially a soft-ban, because the general view on Meta Knight here is rather negative, so many players feel an obligation to play another character. As a result, there are only about five Meta Knight mains in the region.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
This topic is getting old now. You may all be haters of the Mk users but I feel you are all complainers. If you don't like Mk, get better! Simple. Every Character has his weak point, That includes Mk, so for all you whiners trying to take the easy way out and ban him, I got news for ya! You're not the Ic3man, and you never will be, You're not M2k and you never will be, so the best solution I can offer you fools, is if you can't be them, BEAT THEM...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This topic is getting old now. You may all be haters of the Mk users but I feel you are all complainers. If you don't like Mk, get better! Simple. Every Character has his weak point, That includes Mk, so for all you whiners trying to take the easy way out and ban him, I got news for ya! You're not the Ic3man, and you never will be, You're not M2k and you never will be, so the best solution I can offer you fools, is if you can't be them, BEAT THEM...
What, exactly, is MK's "weaknesses"?

Smash Master
His tornado doesn't take up the whole screen ZOMG weakness why dont you beat him scrubbing bubblez

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
bad spacing, poor recovery decisions, and failed gimps

Do I win?

GofG

Smash Champion
Ic3man11, please refrain from making comments regarding people who's names aren't in white if you don't know who they are.

GofG

Smash Champion
Brinboy, Metaknight's attacks aren't weak. They deal lots of damage. Perhaps you mean he has a lack of KO moves? He doesn't have to actually KO people; he just has to get them off of the stage, so that he can gimp them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
.....no. not even close. i'd say the best is snakes utilt. MK's shuttle loop is no WAY the best. its good, sure, but hell no not the bes. he MK had all those advantages AND the best kill move then even i'd vouch for him to be banned
I played Smash64, a very good Ness player, at a smashfest not too long ago.

He killed me.

I respawned.

I did 3 up+b's and he died.

He was at 0% when I started.

He jumped, I up+bed through him (I'm invincible!). I ran, waited for the DJ, up+bed. I then went and up+b'd again.

Snake's u-tilt is strong, and it is fast, but at least you have to get them to about 100% before you can kill them with it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
.....no. not even close. i'd say the best is snakes utilt. MK's shuttle loop is no WAY the best. its good, sure, but hell no not the bes. he MK had all those advantages AND the best kill move then even i'd vouch for him to be banned
So what would be better?

MKs upB is so easy to use... I'd say it IS the best kill move... yeah some are stronger and such, but it is soo easy to gimp with it, it's way too good...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I played Smash64, a very good Ness player, at a smashfest not too long ago.

He killed me.

I respawned.

I did 3 up+b's and he died.

He was at 0% when I started.

He jumped, I up+bed through him (I'm invincible!). I ran, waited for the DJ, up+bed. I then went and up+b'd again.

Snake's u-tilt is strong, and it is fast, but at least you have to get them to about 100% before you can kill them with it.
and with MK you dont? yea you can gimp but you can do that with almost every attack in MK's arsenal. ness SUCKS against MK. his recovery isnt that good, and MK = gimp tyme! face it, i know your trying to get MK banned, but saying shuttle loop is the best killing move in the game is going too far. shuttle loop is GOOD, REALLY GOOD, but best? no

Brinboy, why do you think you know more about Smash than Overswarm?
i dont

So what would be better?

MKs upB is so easy to use... I'd say it IS the best kill move... yeah some are stronger and such, but it is soo easy to gimp with it, it's way too good...
i'd say snake utilt, because theres practically no risk in using it besides maybe punishment if your opponent reacts fast enough. theres not that much lag time after the utilt, kills @ around 100. which isnt hard for snake to get to. shuttle loop cant be used off the edge, becaise your screwed if you do, does like 9%, HAS to be aerial or else it will send them upward, and has to position your opponent with a uair or something before using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom