• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Think about it. There isn't a nationwide ban on prostitution, per se. It's just that every state seems to think it's a problem and therefore makes it illegal. Except for Nevada, which doesn't see anything wrong with allowing prostitution.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
but unfair ISNT awesome thats the thing... there isnt one good reason to play metaknight exept to win... win and your rep will pretty much lower...

isnt that why you have that 100% free metaknight sig?

Wait.......what?
Well I didn't want to say "SEX IS OVERPOWERED TOO!" cause that would just be awkward

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Well I didn't want to say "SEX IS OVERPOWERED TOO!" cause that would just be awkward
exactly and relating this confusing example a confusing anylisis approaches...

MetaKnight isnt Awesome but he is Overpowerd

Sex IS awesome but isnt Overpowerd...

this is probally by far the dumbest comparison i have ever made but it makes a little sense does it not?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no, that discussion stopped like 150 pages ago

basically people are still unsure

we're waiting a few more weeks/months

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say no.
MK tough but I don't think he's unbeatable.
He does have weaknesses.
I think it's too early to say "ban MK"
wait for a full year and a half then talk.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Yeah, the main problem with waiting is, that in Melee, as people waited for Shiek and stuff, people couldn't ditch to 64. Now, as we wait in Brawl, everyone's leaving either Brawl or Smash altogether.

What if we can't afford to wait?

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Alright Guys the answer is obvious. I'm new to this website community or whatever and I know how to beat a "good" or even a "great" MK. It's easy especially when you are the IC3man, which luckily, I am. All you have to do is make either Marth your main or secondary, or Captain Olimar your main or secondary. Trust me I've beaten the Third best in Arizona's Metaknight with my Captain Olimar fairly easy, though I know none of you people are the Ic3man, I'm almost 100% sure this is a solution...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Alright Guys the answer is obvious. I'm new to this website community or whatever and I know how to beat a "good" or even a "great" MK. It's easy especially when you are the IC3man, which luckily, I am. All you have to do is make either Marth your main or secondary, or Captain Olimar your main or secondary. Trust me I've beaten the Third best in Arizona's Metaknight with my Captain Olimar fairly easy, though I know none of you people are the Ic3man, I'm almost 100% sure this is a solution...
iceman I am sorry but anecdotal evidence is not enough.
3rd best in a state doesn't account for anything either.

While you may beat an Mk with captain Olimar or ithe ice Climbers easily. This would mean you are more greatly skilled than the MK user, not that your character is better.

MK is indeed beatable, but the importance is that even if the character is technically beatable, what is most important is to the degree that they are beatable, or how they affect everything as a whole.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Alright, pretty fair argument. I know that there are skills of meteknight that vary based on the user, but in my opinion, which I would gladly put on the line in any brawl or brawler who thinks their good with Metaknight, If Metaknight is becoming so much as a problem throughout the smash community to call for a ban, then these people who call for the ban should be considered whiners since they lack the capabilities to take him out with their own skills. Basically saying they should thrive on the challenge of proving those statistics wrong as Ice has done many times...

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
i love this new poster. i think we can expect great things from him. and by "great things" i mean really, really funny posts.

keep on icing, ic3man! be my guide in the deadly blizzard that is metaknight!

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
I will VulgarHandGestures, I will, but I ask that if there is a "real" brawler out there such as the Ic3, they should follow my lead and instead of taking THE EASY WAY OUT and promoting the banning of Mk, we should focus more on finding the weakness of this particular character and prove that he is NOT INVINCIBLE and he is certainly not THE IC3MAN...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Alright, pretty fair argument. I know that there are skills of meteknight that vary based on the user, but in my opinion, which I would gladly put on the line in any brawl or brawler who thinks their good with Metaknight, If Metaknight is becoming so much as a problem throughout the smash community to call for a ban, then these people who call for the ban should be considered whiners since they lack the capabilities to take him out with their own skills. Basically saying they should thrive on the challenge of proving those statistics wrong as Ice has done many times...
For online I recommend playing Clouderz and Master_raven both of which frequent AIB.

for offline I recommend playing M2K.

I will VulgarHandGestures, I will, but I ask that if there is a "real" brawler out there such as the Ic3, they should follow my lead and instead of taking THE EASY WAY OUT and promoting the banning of Mk, we should focus more on finding the weakness of this particular character and prove that he is NOT INVINCIBLE and he is certainly not THE IC3MAN...
name the weaknesses. Start. now.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
Weakness Number 1: He Is Not The Ic3man. Weakness Number 2: He Cannot Defeat The Ic3man. Weakness Number 3: The Ic3man Can, In Fact, Incinerate Him...

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
oh and as for your friends Cloud master k2 or whatever their names are, they too are not the Ic3man, therefore I have proven my point well enough. They are welcome to prove me wrong, though I highly discourage them to try if they value their BRAWLER PRIDE...

pridy

:]
Weakness Number 1: He Is Not The Ic3man. Weakness Number 2: He Cannot Defeat The Ic3man. Weakness Number 3: The Ic3man Can, In Fact, Incinerate Him...
ur posts aren't productive
please leave and go back to Antarctica with ur friend Iceman

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
hahaha good one Philaloser 2000, and you too black link, but obviously it is you two who have been blinded. If you consider yourselves Brawlers at all you would know that no character on this game should pose a threat especially if you believe in your own skills. That is what competition is all about boys. And if either of you were the Ic3man which neither of you are, the competition would be that...much...easier...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking Yoshi can make at least a soft counter for Meta Knight with some refinements here and there.

I'm thinking specifically about Corneria (as a counterpick stage) at the moment. Basically, Yoshi can camp at the back of the Great Fox and try to force a 0-death wall infinite on Meta Knight. I'd put Yoshi at a possible 6:4 on Corneria, though I don't know with Meta Knight's speed and aerials. What do you think?
He's better there, but we've still got same issue, MK has no need to approach, the pivot grab only destroys every approach MK has.

Adumbrodeus, I don't know where you have these numbers from...It should be like this

Mk vs Snake = 60:40
MK vs Dedede = 60:40
MK vs GnW = 60:40 - 65:35
MK vs Falco = 65:35
MK vs ROB = 70:30
MK vs Marth = 65:35
Pretty close, I think you and others are over-estimating MK in those match-ups (especially ROB), but whatever.

Again, the "nub effect" is probably the most signifigant factor here, a mediocore MK still has a considerable advantage against a good Marth, whereas especially Snake (I credit this effect with his top tier status) and to a lesser Falco, G&W, and probably ROB, this just isn't the case.

Americans are not honorable enough to play with soft bans. We have a "play to win" excuse for everything, so soft bans to us mean that those who follow it are scrubs, because they're not using what the game offers them to win to the fullest extent.
And why shouldn't we play to win?

Better to have it officially stated in the tournament rules with no ambiguity rather then expect people to abide by arbitrary codes of conduct.

Because if there's not a rule, what justifacation do we have for punishing somebody for breaking it.

Basically the concensus, if it's not a hard rule, somebody will manipulate it to their advantage, so we recognize the inevitable and consider it creative, and center the metagame around it.

Is it better to have soft rules all over the place which you can never really know if you broke?

This shows what happens when MKs don't space properly in certain match-ups.

Oh, and somebody needs to deathgrab better.

I was thinking of soft-banning in terms of leaving it up to the individual tournament hosts.

For instance, there isn't an oversaturation of Meta Knights here in Colorado (far from it, in fact), so a ban isn't really as important here as, say, in California.

I'd say a fair compromise might be to allow tournament hosts the option to ban Meta Knight just like certain stages are left to host/territory discresion.
Soft-banning is a tacit agreement, leaving it up to hosts does NOT work.

But in general banning is up to TOs.

IC3MAN11

Smash Cadet
The Ic3 approves of this ambrodosodysseusachilles guy's message, but that is still no substitute for the Ic3man's solution of keeping MK in brawl's tourneys and just finding ways to defeat him rather than take the easy way out in banning him. This ban discussion shows weakness in the skills of those approving the ban...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom