• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
So back to the OP...

IMO I think there should be a ban if there is absolutely no professional that can beat him. I also think there should be more time put into this consideration. In Melee all the tourney winners were pretty much either Fox or Shiek (others too I know, but as a majority), so having a 'best character' should be nothing new.... However, if it's ONLY MK winning ALL the time, there could be a problem.

Honestly, as long as there is at least ONE counter character, there should not be a ban.

Having said that, I don't know MK intamately enough to say that opinion is completely valid^. I haven't seen him too much in a professional sense so I actually don't really know.

But I've got a question..... What are the actual requirements for a ban? If anyone could clarify this we'd make a little more progress in the discussion (mbe I missed it already, but.... 6039 posts on 403 pages... lol)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I think that the only thing that would save MK is the L canceling hack when we figure it out. It helps the cast more because MK cant get much faster. But then again, SBR wouldnt allow it so then MK will get banned. I still dont see why we cant ban him now and unban him when a counter is found.

If this game had melee's engine, MK would never be banned. This would be 64 (a better one) all over again where everyone can 0-death everyone. MK would replace a slightly better pika (maybe)

ppl make it sound like the ban hammer is a secret machine that universally removes MK's source code from every game and permanently deletes it. There are things call Phoenix Downs!! lol
If you ban him, how do you find a counter to him if you can't even play against him at a highly competitive level? O_O

BentoBox

Smash Master
Because you only get to play smash in tournaments, of course. And because everytime you'll attempt to use MK, a SBR agent will force open your door and slash your wrists. Of course.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
So back to the OP...

IMO I think there should be a ban if there is absolutely no professional that can beat him. I also think there should be more time put into this consideration. In Melee all the tourney winners were pretty much either Fox or Shiek (others too I know, but as a majority), so having a 'best character' should be nothing new.... However, if it's ONLY MK winning ALL the time, there could be a problem.

Honestly, as long as there is at least ONE counter character, there should not be a ban.

Having said that, I don't know MK intamately enough to say that opinion is completely valid^. I haven't seen him too much in a professional sense so I actually don't really know.

But I've got a question..... What are the actual requirements for a ban? If anyone could clarify this we'd make a little more progress in the discussion (mbe I missed it already, but.... 6039 posts on 403 pages... lol)
Pros at SSF2:T can somewhat easily beat newbies who use Akuma, and Akuma is considered the archetype of a character worthy for banning. Not a very good criteria for ban, imo.

But yes, if Meta Knight has a character that counters him, then he shouldn't be banned.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I only have 2 friends that go to tourneys and I haven't heard anything on Metaknight yet. What's so good about him? Seems to me he dies pretty easily but I guess if you could get control over that he could be better. (Metaknight is my "Disaster Master") :laugh:

So yeah, I don't know much on him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats the entire problem, people cant agree on one set of ban criteria, there fore we continually argue about whether he should be banned. if there was a set list of requirements, this thread would not have gone past 5 pages
If you ban him, how do you find a counter to him if you can't even play against him at a highly competitive level? O_O
you are honestly deluded if you believe that M2K, Lee, Dojo, Omni, Plank, KingAce and all the other MK mainers will never play MK again just because hes banned from tourneys. people will still play friendlies with him, people will still do non tourney money matches will him. people will play him at a high level no matter what.
he just wont be in tourneys, its really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
thats the entire problem, people cant agree on one set of ban criteria, there fore we continually argue about whether he should be banned. if there was a set list of requirements, this thread would not have gone past 5 pages

you are honestly deluded if you believe that M2K, Lee, Dojo, Omni, Plank, KingAce and all the other MK mainers will never play MK again just because hes banned from tourneys. people will still play friendlies with him, people will still do non tourney money matches will him. people will play him at a high level no matter what.
he just wont be in tourneys, its really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be
'Tis true. Link was banned from SC2 tournies, but he's basically my main character in friendlies, hehehe.

Of course, Link was banned for reasons much more frivolous than Meta Knight, but that's another issue entirely.

kupo15

Smash Hero
OK, imagine "The official "Should/Will Metaknight be Unbanned" Thread"
Yea I guess I see where this is going. But where do we draw the line as to when we can decided to ban him?

'Tis true. Link was banned from SC2 tournies, but he's basically my main character in friendlies, hehehe.

Of course, Link was banned for reasons much more frivolous than Meta Knight, but that's another issue entirely.
Really? I play link and Talim o_O

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
"Maybe this is a bit nitpicky", but a lack of capital letters in every sentence of every post you have made is not considered proper English to me. I can let the small "I"s slide, but the beginning of a sentence? Don't go complaining about other people's typing if yours isn't perfection. Got it?
nice reading comprehension, ***. you let me know when someone not capitalizing everything that "should" be capitalized forces you to decipher what it is they're even saying, ok ace?

i mean, it's not like my spelling and sentence structure were all great, right? i wasn't even talking about typing skill, i was talking about things such as proper conjugation and at least passable syntax. my guess is you're just trying to make yourself out to be a defender of the meek here or some ****, because anyone who has enough schooling to have your english skills, would also have the ability to distinguish between, "you should type better," and, "you shouldn't make your posts so goofy that it looks like you typed with your feet."

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yea I guess I see where this is going. But where do we draw the line as to when we can decided to ban him?

Really? I play link and Talim o_O
Meh, I played Talim for a while, but I don't like characters that focus a lot on their kicking (although Link sort of does, but not nearly as much as Talim, Yun-Sung, and Maxi). Link, Mitsurugi, Raphael, and Nightmare in the Siegfried costume are the shiznite.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Wow... SC2. Link was banned but Mitsurugi was not? Is that custom weapons? Amongst my friends, we banned Mitsurugi's best weapon.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Meh, I played Talim for a while, but I don't like characters that focus a lot on their kicking (although Link sort of does, but not nearly as much as Talim, Yun-Sung, and Maxi). Link, Mitsurugi, Raphael, and Nightmare in the Siegfried costume are the shiznite.
But talim has that cool dodge and the magical four kick thing for easy ring outs hahaha

Wow... SC2. Link was banned but Mitsurugi was not? Is that custom weapons? Amongst my friends, we banned Mitsurugi's best weapon.
If you play extra, you should ban links Best weapon, the Great Fairy sword aka the best in the game IMO

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
But talim has that cool dodge and the magical four kick thing for easy ring outs hahaha

If you play extra, you should ban links Best weapon, the Great Fairy sword aka the best in the game IMO
In XBox, Spawn had an axe that did 220% extra damage. THAT's the best weapon in the game. Three swipes, and you're dead.

Also, we generally just play regular. Extra weapons are fun, but they bring so many hazy areas of contention into the mix, although no one really disagrees you won if you beat the **** out of them with a Fairy Net, hehehehe.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow. If I could fight him with Link, Id be camping the whole time with projectiles and health regeneration! Correction, Link had the best weapon in the GC Game.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wow. If I could fight him with Link, Id be camping the whole time with projectiles and health regeneration! Correction, Link had the best weapon in the GC Game.
Well, Link's projectiles suck, and Spawn can friggin' float in the air and then fire a projectile. Spawn's projectile game > Link's projectile game.

You'd do much better guard impacting him the whole time, since his vertical swipes are easier than most to predict. But he'll still probably **** you, lol.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Because you only get to play smash in tournaments, of course. And because everytime you'll attempt to use MK, a SBR agent will force open your door and slash your wrists. Of course.
Why of course. That's what we call, a true ban. (=<

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol i need to youtube this spawn cause I know nothing of him. So I assume his moves arent powerful enough to break guard impacting. I forget a little but there are moves that break guarding. Does that refer to guard impact or normal shields?

If links projectiles suck, then what could possible cause him to be banned?

EDIT: Spawn looks like a different, weird Voldo lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kupo: You NEVER heard of Spawn?!?!?!?

****in youngins I swear on my life.

kupo15

Smash Hero
sorry? haha I wasnt big into fighting games until melee and didnt all SC2 have console specific fighters which would mean spawn is banned also?? I was never into xbox or ps2 either and spawn doesnt ring a bell atm so he must be xbox which would explain why idk him.

D

Deleted member

Tod McFarlane or whatever is a CPU dedicated to failing. Necron was also cheap as hell.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Oh man, SC2...

Cervantes was awesome in that game.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
lol i need to youtube this spawn cause I know nothing of him. So I assume his moves arent powerful enough to break guard impacting. I forget a little but there are moves that break guarding. Does that refer to guard impact or normal shields?

If links projectiles suck, then what could possible cause him to be banned?

EDIT: Spawn looks like a different, weird Voldo lol
I forget whether guard-break moves also break guard impacts (I swear I remember someone GIing my Raphael's Falcon Punch, but I can't remember).

Also, Necrid sucks. But his yells are awesome ("I'S JUICE?!?!")

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Spawn is a comic book anti-hero with magical demonic powers.

He is also one of the first black super heroes and by far one of the most powerful if not THE most powerful, as he is pretty much immortal, can regenerate lost body parts and at one point in his comic books series he becomes a god although he gives up his godhood in exchange for rejuvenating the earth which had become a giant battle ground during armageddon.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Spawn is a comic book anti-hero with the powers of a demon.

He is also one of the first black super heroes and by far one of the most powerful if not THE most powerful, as he is pretty much immortal, can regenerate lost body parts and at one point in his comic books series he becomes a god although he gives up his godhood in exchange for rejuvenating the earth which had become a giant battle ground during armageddon.
Wait, the whole magic counter thing no longer applies to him?

Also, last I saw him, he had angel wings, and I was like "wtf I'm gonna blow this popsicle stand".

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He still has the magic counter, but he rarely uses his powers since he has super strength and is proficient in the use of fire arms and hand to hand combat.

Also Spawn has something called the legion of souls.

It's 5000 souls of different people who reside in his heart and help guide him and he can even summon them to fight along side him and which they will appear as hellspawns with the same powers as him, but with whatever abilities they had during life as well.

The wings might have been when he was re-born as a god.

Yeah...Spawn is pretty OP.

D

Deleted member

Lul, Necron is the final boss of FFIX, Necrid's the one I was thinking of.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
He still has the magic counter, but he rarely uses his powers since he has super strength and is proficient in the use of fire arms and hand to hand combat.

Also Spawn has something called the legion of souls.

It's 5000 souls of different people who reside in his heart and help guide him and he can even summon them to fight along side him and which they will appear as hellspawns with the same powers as him, but with whatever abilities they had during life as well.

The wings might have been when he was re-born as a god.

Yeah...Spawn is pretty OP.
He ain't got nothin' on Sodom Yat as Ion.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Because the prediction thread was closed (THANK YOU, SAMURAI PANDA!), I have to go here to post a prediction.

And here it is: Pit will quickly rise up. With arrow spam and one of his main threats to it gonzo, Pit, who has been short on players and STILL managed high tier with the low amount of players, will become abusive in the first round. Close off Final Destination at all costs......oh wait. FD is supposed to be the stage you shouldn't have to ban. Dang.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
kupo, read a book, i think im even offended that you dont know who spawn is

and if its prediction were doing now...
sonic is going places
seriously
hes 16th in tournament placings right now, and thats even with having an 80-20 disadvantage to the by far, most played character in tourneys.
with the devoted fanbase that he has, and his hardest matchup by far gone, its possible for sonic to crack the top 10 in tourneys, i also believe that he will make it to the middle of mid tier

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, Pit's arrow spam gets among the worst of the hits from Meta Knight thanks to Whorenado. Without Meta Knight, Pit can shower the opponent nonstop with arrows.
If your opponent is lucas or ness, you can heal them too. :D Ain't that nice of you? ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom