• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
im down with that...

also sonic is a better character than fox.
Believe it or not, I DO agree with you on this. To a certain extent. Sonic can DEFINITELY punish people a helluva lot better than what Fox could ever hope to. Plus his spin-dash tricksies are difficult to nail down. Not to say Fox doesn't have his own set of options, but they are fairly limited in comparison.

And I didn't like the way Fox played in Melee. Hated the fact that he dropped like a rock. 64 Fox was floaty and fun; Brawl Fox is juuuuuuuust right. In fact, it's so right that he's my main.

Smooth Criminal

M.K

Level 55
Believe it or not, I DO agree with you on this. To a certain extent. Sonic can DEFINITELY punish people a helluva lot better than what Fox could ever hope to. Plus his spin-dash tricksies are difficult to nail down. Not to say Fox doesn't have his own set of options, but they are fairly limited in comparison.

And I didn't like the way Fox played in Melee. Hated the fact that he dropped like a rock. 64 Fox was floaty and fun; Brawl Fox is juuuuuuuust right. In fact, it's so right that he's my main.

Smooth Criminal
I agree!
He has a unique playstyle. The only thing keeping him down is the fact that he is easily trapped in many chains (ZSS DSmash, Pikachu 0-80 Death Grab, etc.). Other than that, he is a solid fighter.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
his offence is good, but his defence is absolutely terribad awful.

you forgot shiek tilt lock, zelda up smash chains.

i think squirtle ***** him with up tilt. and isnt he he bad at getting out of bullet seed?

i think peach can pull 3 d-airs on him...

mario and luigis up tilts

hes just combomania for MK

DKs up tilt...

hes gets one of the harder shaftings from falcos CG

hell, SONIC can lock him from 0-50...

its actually kinda upsetting seeing what fox could be in this game if he have to oh, so eagerly fast fall into the ****

RDK

Smash Hero
What the ****?

***** I will hurt someone.

A combo isn't up for discussion or interpretation.
omfg yes

After having my brain come close to melting from the overwhelming stupidity in the Balance Thread, this makes my day.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
omfg yes

After having my brain come close to melting from the overwhelming stupidity in the Balance Thread, this makes my day.
I like it so much that it's in my sig!

Edit: Tit for tat, KID. C'mon. I'll show you my secret if you show me yours...

But I don't have any secrets. Fail.

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
thats for me to know and you to get ***** by when you play a sonic...lol
OMFG there's no way two epic posts just happened within the same 10 minutes. Except only one of them is funny on purpose.

Sigt this ****.

kupo15

Smash Hero
As Infzy just stated, the definition of the term is ridiculously subjective.
Infact, Sirlin himself says that a combo is a sequence of attacks that are inescapable.

But who's honestly to say that Sirlin's definition is absolute? (Other than the Sirlin fanboys of course).

I just don't see why whenever the word "combo" comes up in a sentence pertaining to Brawl, there's always the incentive to say something along the lines of "No combos in Brawl".
I think its just that people get angry when brawl people try to make brawl sound better than it is. When you think of a combo, you think of the magically awesome flashy stuff you see in 64 or melee. Brawl has none of it and when someone says "yo did you see that awesome combo" ppl tend to roll their eyes because its not a combo...its a juggle. But I digress....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. you have to actually time it. it doesn't have the nair effect anymore.

Nestec

Smash Ace
I was watching some combo vids of Fox and Falco today, from Melee.

OMFG it was nuts. I reaaaaaally wish Brawl had more hitstun. Sorry to complain, everybody. T__T

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I was watching some combo vids of Fox and Falco today, from Melee.

OMFG it was nuts. I reaaaaaally wish Brawl had more hitstun. Sorry to complain, everybody. T__T
why does everyone say that?
like... melee is still there and in existence.
you don't need to wish brawl was like melee when you can play melee. lolol
they're different games.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Eh, good point, actually.

That's kinda why I've been playing lots of Melee lately.

But anyways, to be on topic.... Errr, Ness for god tier? XP

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Eh, good point, actually.

That's kinda why I've been playing lots of Melee lately.

But anyways, to be on topic.... Errr, Ness for god tier? XP
maybe on vers 3.3... but he's still garbs for now. lol

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
A revision of my prediction of the SBR tier list. Version 1.2 gentlemen:

God
Meta Knight

Snake
DDD
Falco
G&W
Marth
Diddy ^

High
Wario
R.O.B
Olimar
Pikachu
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Wolf
Donkey Kong
Peach

Upper-Mid
Pit
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Shiek/Zelda
Luigi
Sonic ^^^
Bowser
Fox
Shiek
Zelda

Mario
Ness

Low
Yoshi
Ike
Lucas
Samus
Pokemon Trainer
Link
Jigglypuff

Miley Cryus Tier (name subject to change)
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

-Diddy moved into top
-Wario moved into high
-Pikachu moved above Lucario
-Sonic moved above Bowser, Fox, Shiek, and Zelda.
-Jigglypuff moved into the bottom of low
-Ganon and Falcon never moved, but I demoted them on the grounds that they are now the two residents of the newley created Miley Cyrus tier.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic boards have won.

Also O.O at Xeevee underating Sonic... but at least he's only the 6th worst character in his tire list! :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
G&W cannot possibly be below Falco.

Never. *removes and cleans monocle*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
G&W cannot possibly be below Falco.

Never. *removes and cleans monocle*
Falco is a better character... he has better match-up's than G&W. Imo Falco is top5, G&W isn't.

He will be below because he is way too underused in tournaments. I will admit, however that he is a more efficient character than Falco.
Nonono...Falco is more efficient than G&W. He has a CG + Hit 'n Run with SHL / SHDL...that's 10 times more efficient than G&W.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Falco is a better character... he has better match-up's than G&W. Imo Falco is top5, G&W isn't.
Better matchups? I was under the impression GW beat out Rob, Marth, Wario, Olimar, Lucario... it goes on.

Falco does have MK and Snake, but overall, GW has got him beat.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'll just pick Metaknight. The hell with this secret "lock" technique.

lol

Smooth Criminal
I'm not really supposed to reveal secrets about this but...

I beat Anther's Sonic, after being down a stock, because OS was standing right there and said "dastrn: don't move and hit down tilt."

It worked. Sonic is garbage.
No disjointed hitboxes of any kind, spam works. And there's nothing that Sonic can do, because the only things that go around it are so telegraphed that the other person can just move out of the way. Like, I literally walked up to DastrnMarco and said
'hey, you're playing Anther's Sonic and you're down a couple stocks; Hold down and just hit A alot. He's gonna jump and do a neutral B. Shield and roll. Then down-tilt again. He then beat Anther's Sonic.'

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Low
Yoshi
Ike
Lucas
Samus
Pokemon Trainer
Link
Jigglypuff
*sigh*

Ike is better then Yoshi. And Ness. And arguably Mario. Ike has the tournament results on all three of them by a long shot. Ike has gotten his first First place finish and second place finish since the last tier list, as well as a respectable load of top 4 and top 8 finishes. He's moved up above Luigi for sure and most likely Toon Link in overall tournament results. Ike's abilities have grown a fair bit since the last tier list, and those new findings also improve his match-ups against various characters. [27 grab releases on 21 tested character. DACIT against any character that has throwable items (Link, Toon Link, Peach, Wario, Diddy Kong, or against anyone at Distant Planet or Green Greens).]

Ike has done enough to keep his mid-tier spot. Particularly against those 3. While admittedly I don't poke around the Ness or Yoshi boards as much as some boards, I haven't seen anything that suddenly stood out. Unless I see something I've missed since I've last checked those boards (which I'll look for after this post), Ness and Ike should switch spots for sure, and probably Ike > Mario. I agree with Yoshi's spot of top of low, heck, I could see Yoshi being above both Mario and Ness, but Ness and Mario just look out of place.

/endbiasrant

EDIT: With further digging around, I believe for sure that Yoshi>Ness. Not sure about Yoshi VS Mario yet

PKNintendo

Smash Master
*sigh*

Ike is better then Yoshi. And Ness. And arguably Mario. Ike has the tournament results on all three of them by a long shot. Ike has gotten his first First place finish and second place finish since the last tier list, as well as a respectable load of top 4 and top 8 finishes. He's moved up above Luigi for sure and most likely Toon Link in overall tournament results. Ike's abilities have grown a fair bit since the last tier list, and those new findings also improve his match-ups against various characters. [27 grab releases on 21 tested character. DACIT against any character that has throwable items (Link, Toon Link, Peach, Wario, Diddy Kong, or against anyone at Distant Planet or Green Greens).]

Ike has done enough to keep his mid-tier spot. Particularly against those 3. While admittedly I don't poke around the Ness or Yoshi boards as much as some boards, I haven't seen anything that suddenly stood out. Unless I see something I've missed since I've last checked those boards (which I'll look for after this post), Ness and Ike should switch spots for sure, and probably Ike > Mario. I agree with Yoshi's spot of top of low, heck, I could see Yoshi being above both Mario and Ness, but Ness and Mario just look out of place.

/endbiasrant

EDIT: With further digging around, I believe for sure that Yoshi>Ness. Not sure about Yoshi VS Mario yet
Ike has dilligent mains. His tourney results are amazing too. However, I believe that Yoshi>Ike and all of low tier.

His tourney results are poor, but he's an amazing character. Matchups are impressive, moveset (I.E CG)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Ike has dilligent mains. His tourney results are amazing too. However, I believe that Yoshi>Ike and all of low tier.

His tourney results are poor, but he's an amazing character. Matchups are impressive, moveset (I.E CG)
i like how moveset = chaingrab
good ****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Yeah, forgot to stack them together. Sorry. But come on, a good matchup against MK, CG **** on like half the cast. Infinite on Wario. What DOESN'T Yoshi have Lumpy?
Tournament results and/or a large amount of people maining him?
thanks lol

the main thing yoshi's missing is me.
i could do wonders for the lil guy. LOL
(my yoshi on yoshi's island. TOOO GOOOODZZZ)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'd still be playing in tournaments if I wasn't in Colorado. I HATE most Colorado Smash players with a passion. :mad:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
thanks lol

the main thing yoshi's missing is me.
i could do wonders for the lil guy. LOL
(my yoshi on yoshi's island. TOOO GOOOODZZZ)
Honestly you could. Yeah, his tourney results keep him down, and Ike's results will keep him ahead... for now.

But, I don't main Yoshi, so Whatever. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom