• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'll put it bluntly:

08'ers are generally seen (especially in tier/competitive/Brawl vs Melee discussions) as being very uninformed/ignorant, lazy (technique/technically speaking), and uncompetitive.

:<

I stayed out of these things until I learned more about the game lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think '08ers get more flak than they deserve here. Then again, I'm a disgrace to 08ers, because I prefer Melee to Brawl...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I read the first sentence in this post... then i looked @ your join date...
Looks @ Your join date

Yours isnt that much higher -_- ( to tell the truth, that's the 1st time I've seen someone who joined in '08 say that...)

As for the whole 08er hate: I see a lot of stupid 08er's (and I mean A LOT) but it's stupid if you go "He's 08er, I'm not going to listen to him". There are some 08er's out there that fit almost/just as well as 07ers and I think it's stupid if you ignore the because there join date.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'll put it bluntly:

08'ers are generally seen (especially in tier/competitive/Brawl vs Melee discussions) as being very uninformed/ignorant, lazy (technique/technically speaking), and uncompetitive.

:<

I stayed out of these things until I learned more about the game lol.
So your it is an assumption that the year you join is the year you started playing right? That is ignorant to me. After all I'm 22 and I've been playing smash for years now. I got it for my birthday January 28th 2000 for my birthday and I've been playing the games ever sense.

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm a part of a few forums where calling out join dates as discrimination results in a nice fat infraction. I only wish Smashboards were the same.

Oh well; the people who blast 08ers seem to be a small minority. I just feel as long as you contribute and you follow the rules most everyone will treat you just fine.

I love your new avvy and sig Mmac :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
So your it is an assumption that the year you join is the year you started playing right? That is ignorant to me. After all I'm 22 and I've been playing smash for years now. I got it for my birthday January 28th 2000 for my birthday and I've been playing the games ever sense.
More like the year you join is the year you entered/became familiar with the competitive aspect of smash.

I've played smash 64, had Melee until about 5-6 years ago when I lent it to a friend and moved out of state ( he never gave it back :urg: ), and waited until the next smash game. Then I ran into this site and realized that competitive smash was a totally different world with alot of talented players and aspects I didn't know about before ;l

I think Tenki's a pretty cool guy, eh's an smart 08er and doesn't afraid of anything.
Yeah and by the way I got some awesome replays on my SD card about Sonic taking down most of the top-tier characters under 3:00 minutes by the way there level 9 cpu will that help sonic's tier status?

10steak to whoever gets the reference =D

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah and by the way I got some awesome replays on my SD card about Sonic taking down most of the top-tier characters under 3:00 minutes by the way there level 9 cpu will that help sonic's tier status?

10steak to whoever gets the reference =D
MK is definetly not broken. I played the lvl 9 CPU and he was reeaaally easy.

:p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm a part of a few forums where calling out join dates as discrimination results in a nice fat infraction. I only wish Smashboards were the same.

Oh well; the people who blast 08ers seem to be a small minority. I just feel as long as you contribute and you follow the rules most everyone will treat you just fine.

I love your new avvy and sig Mmac :)
Really, it's not so much the join date, as the generation. The '08ers in general are part of the "brawl generation" whereas the older smashers joined smashboards during the melee era.

Because of this there is a very obvious and signifigant gap in mindset between the older and newer smashboards users, '08ers in general are used to Brawl, earlier smashers are used to melee. This gives '08ers in general a higher tolerance for some things, and a lesser tolerance for others.

Why? Because they have different backgrounds, it just makes sense that we would understand things differently.

Granted, this is not true of ALL '08ers, but it is a true generalization.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Vids or it never happened!
Due to the process while I'm watching the video about banning Meta Knight, Meta Knight should be still not banned, because any projectile attacks should work against Meta Knight, like Mario's fireball, Ike's quickdraw, Diddy's peanut shooting, Fox's Laser shooting, Falco's laser shooting, Snake's grenade, Ice Climbers' Ice throwing, Samus' Laser cannon, etc.

Remember that reading 'SSBB: Premiere Edition' Guide should let you know about 'Fighting against Meta Knight, and make sure that if you have any siblings or friends if they were skilled in any 'Smash Bros' game, you should let them be as Meta Knight and try this test according to this list.

• Escaping from Meta Knight's tornado slash, if the other player spams the B button.
  • Projectile attacks against Meta Knight.

10lolsforwhoevergetsthereference

Mmac

Smash Lord
I've seen alot of talk of Characters moving up the Tier List, but who do you think should move down?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I'm an 08er. Most suck, but I actually partake in discussion instead of making topics about how to avoid a Falcon Punch.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i hear the "potential" card relentlessly for PT but i just dont see the results, at this point every character has most/all of their potential fulfilled so I dont think that thats a reasonable excuse anymore,

i dont mean to offend im just sayin'

and even when I do see really good PTs it just seems like they cant make make any of the 3 operate on the higher competitive level that it takes to get the necessary tourney standards to raise the characters rank

just what i think

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reason people mention their potential is because you don't see the results.

PT isn't a horrible character. He's just a difficult character to use because of the contrasting playstyles they have with one another. There's also issues with learning all of the different matchups, and when to switch out.

@da K.I.D.- Does Reflex ring a bell?

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
The reason people mention their potential is because you don't see the results.

PT isn't a horrible character. He's just a difficult character to use because of the contrasting playstyles they have with one another. There's also issues with learning all of the different matchups, and when to switch out.

@da K.I.D.- Does Reflex ring a bell?
Results...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207653
:ohwell:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
MK is definetly not broken. I played the lvl 9 CPU and he was reeaaally easy.

:p

I appreciate you looking out for me Boweser King but I must disagree. I main Pit in Brawl and I'd never played anyone good with MK until this past August. I faced him in the Finals and he was a pure ***. He mastered camping the edge which isn't new to me. However It was the first time I saw MK's vanishing glitch. I managed to kill 2 times but he beat me. I didn't feel that someone that gay should have won internally but I didn't complain. I shook his hand and walked away. It was then that I realized that Brawl was not a game worth playing competitively because there isn't a way to beat a MK that has mastered the Vanish glitch Along with everything else. That does indeed make him BROKEN!!!! :laugh:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I appreciate you looking out for me Boweser King but I must disagree. I main Pit in Brawl and I'd never played anyone good with MK until this past August. I faced him in the Finals and he was a pure ***. He mastered camping the edge which isn't new to me. However It was the first time I saw MK's vanishing glitch. I managed to kill 2 times but he beat me. I didn't feel that someone that gay should have won internally but I didn't complain. I shook his hand and walked away. It was then that I realized that Brawl was not a game worth playing competitively because there isn't a way to beat a MK that has mastered the Vanish glitch Along with everything else. That does indeed make him BROKEN!!!! :laugh:
I was just kidding :p

I was just quoting some random person. He said that MK wasn't broken because he beat the CPU at lvl 9 :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
@bowser king:
my previous two scrubbish posts were direct copy and paste from certain people :laugh:

I won't argue for/against the competitiveness of Brawl, but your reasoning is flawed:

If you (or whoever was hosting this tourney) had kept up with the competitive scene as it's managed by the SBR ruleset, you'd know that performing the infinite cape is banned and could have called him out/disqualified him for it.

I think they all agreed to ban the tech on the night it was announced.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW!
That's no good.

tag so I can find this later.
too slow

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
He also told people to look at the beating Metaknight section in Prima's guide and later he made a thread saying people were cyber-bullying him when they proved him wrong.

He's a funny guy.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@bowser king:
my previous two scrubbish posts were direct copy and paste from certain people :laugh:

I won't argue for/against the competitiveness of Brawl, but your reasoning is flawed:

If you (or whoever was hosting this tourney) had kept up with the competitive scene as it's managed by the SBR ruleset, you'd know that performing the infinite cape is banned and could have called him out/disqualified him for it.

I think they all agreed to ban the tech on the night it was announced.

tag so I can find this later.
too slow
Do it wasn't an "Official" Tourney. It was put together by some random people. How would I have known about the rules anyway? I just found out about this site man.

brinboy789

Smash Champion

Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Falco
Diddy

High
R.O.B.
Kirby
Marth
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Donkey Kong
Wario
Pikachu
Pit
Olimar

Middle
Toon Link
Wolf
Peach
Luigi
Ness
Fox
Lucas
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Mario
Samus
Zelda
Yoshi
Ike
Bowser

Low

Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

my tier list. may be a little biased by thats what i think the tier list should be for now:laugh:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Pinched froml GameFaq,

Tiers dictate who is most likely to win in a tournament of the highest level of play
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, King Dedede
B: (Falco, Marth), (Mr. Game & Watch, Wario), Lucario, (Diddy Kong, Olimar), ROB
C: Kirby, (Wolf, Peach), Pikachu, (Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong), Sonic, Zero Suit Samus
D: (Bowser, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ike, Luigi, Pit), Fox
E: (Ness, Yoshi, Mario), Pokémon Trainer, (Link, Captain Falcon), (Lucas, Samus), Jigglypuff, Ganondorf
Alrigt so Soni-

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic <<<??? Wut? He sucks :O
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
So Sonic sucks at tou-

C Rank <Borderline> 16.00%
18 :sonic: Sonic (17 top8, 7 top4, 4 top2, 8 wins) - 123.5 WTFHAX!
Wut nao?

Ahem, my Version,

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Marth

High
R.O.B.
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sonic
Sheik

Low
Bowser
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Mmac

Smash Lord
All you did was Move ROB and Bowser down (Without reason), and Sonic Up.

It isn't all about Tournament Results you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom