• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Nothing wrong with Zelda, the only bad part is her recovery, which she actually has one of the best SDI when attempting to recover.

Her Dtilt is amazing, and you can litterly combo, or lock someone with it a good four or five times.

Running A is also nice, which also boosts the target in the air when around 15-25% damage, which allows a nice Utilt or Usmash.

Critical (Or lightening) Kicks can be used to scare people off. (Dthrow into Bair is nice when it criticals, and makes people go WTF.)

Nair is nice also. A great approch to use when you see someone doing a spin in the air.

reflect shield. Also used to suck someone in or defensive against Ganons, CF's, Or just about anyones Forward B move that is like Foxs of Falcos.

If her Dair gets off its a litle weaker then Ganons.

I used Zelda, shes my second sub behind Samus. She has a lot more going for her in brawl then she had in melee. I wouldn't be surpised if we saw more of them, she does make a decent counter for MK.

Did i mention her little toe flicker, Dsmash, is too good?

Also, He dtilt cancles MK's side B and his neutral B. And easily spammable so you dont have to worry about messing up if you dont time it right.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
lol owned...but yeah i've also seen this nasty ganondorf against a good meta and it was a close match, came down to the last stock when ganondorf ganoncided the meta lol epic win.

i think ganondorf is one of the hardest characters to get really good with. his air game needs critical timing so he won't get that horrendous lag and tech chasing and some other "AT"s he has.

and back to the zelda topic. yeah that used to be my most hated character (i main sonic) until i got so used to din's fire and learned how to bait =D i still hate her smashes and recovery tho =/ her recovery is actually something that could also mess her up since she can only recover in certain angles.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
lol owned...but yeah i've also seen this nasty ganondorf against a good meta and it was a close match, came down to the last stock when ganondorf ganoncided the meta lol epic win.

i think ganondorf is one of the hardest characters to get really good with. his air game needs critical timing so he won't get that horrendous lag and tech chasing and some other "AT"s he has.

and back to the zelda topic. yeah that used to be my most hated character (i main sonic) until i got so used to din's fire and learned how to bait =D i still hate her smashes and recovery tho =/ her recovery is actually something that could also mess her up since she can only recover in certain angles.
dedede has bad matchups against almost almost every low tier character. an example would be 30-70 in link's favor. No kidding. dedede is only good against snake and lucario. no one else

D

Deleted member

dedede has bad matchups against almost almost every low tier character. an example would be 30-70 in link's favor. No kidding. dedede is only good against snake and lucario. no one else
Lolol.

This guy is pro, no joke. :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
true....but hes freakin tied for 9th in overall tournament placement(with diddy btw). even before this list was made he was never low enough in tourney placing thats warrants him a spot where this lists puts him ....

same could be said for other characters as well but none as much as for oli...

olimar is one of the top 10 chracters in the game(even with his recovery,and ill stick with this statement till the end), and hes finnaly being repped well in tourneys...
The thing about Olimar is that too many people don't understand him very well yet...

My prediction is that he'll rise up as far as mid-to-top of high tier, and then he'll drop back to the top of mid tier when people learn how to abuse his weaknesses. ;)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
How much would you like to play a round of Ganondorf versus King DeDeDe? Or perhaps Mario versus the King might suit you better? Or what about Samus?

The point is, some of King DeDeDe's best match-ups are in the low tier, don't joke.

The thing about Olimar is that too many people don't understand him very well yet...

My prediction is that he'll rise up as far as mid-to-top of high tier, and then he'll drop back to the top of mid tier when people learn how to abuse his weaknesses. ;)
Nothing is certain, but I agree with your statements. Olimar mains are learning, as far as I see, to cover up his weaknesses with recovery and as that (and his weight, I guess) is his only real problem it's pretty evident that he's going to be rising up. Then more people will pay attention to him and he'll go down as people train against him.

Such a promising character and I have pretty shoddy experience with him. :(

PB&J

Smash Hero
zelda is underrated..so is sonic ,olimar,pika,dk,and alot others..people will see sooner or later..same thing happened with melee..when they thought luigi was top tier..too funny

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's more than just his recovery and weight. I wouldn't be a very loyal Olimar player if I told anymore though, would I? :)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
How much would you like to play a round of Ganondorf versus King DeDeDe? Or perhaps Mario versus the King might suit you better? Or what about Samus?
Ugh, if you're one of the unlucky 4, the only way to fight DDD well is through planking and camping...IDK about DK and Luigi, but Mario and Samus can camp and plank against DDD farily well...or, you could just use a good secondary.

Ravin

Smash Lord

And the other five he can infinity without a wall...? (Four or five? )

I really do not have a problem with D3's. I simply space or camp the ledge. D3 cannot outcamp a Samus, Even with Wads.

Just my IMO, But tether beats D3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The thing about Zelda is she has massive trouble with camping and expert spacing. She has no means of camping back and she has horrible approaches..........that's why she won't be going anywhere.

Ravin

Smash Lord
The thing about Zelda is she has massive trouble with camping and expert spacing. She has no means of camping back and she has horrible approaches..........that's why she won't be going anywhere.
I do not really have an issue approaching, it really boils down to playstyles of certain characters that makes them good or bad during certain matchups. (Sonic, Zelda, Samus, Jigglypuff, Ganon Ect. )

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
One of my buddies posted this list on another forum for a completely different game. I just had to post it. That last tier is my favorite. :p

Top Tier
Leopard print Snake
Marth
ROB's Gyro
DEATH CHOKE
gannondorf
Gannondorf's **** attack
Zamus' armor chunks

High Tier
Wario
Wario
Wario
Wario

Really Good Tier:
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Lucario
Mewtwo ( RIP ;_; )
DDD
Mario
Luigi
Zelda
Peach
Bowser
Toon Link
DK
Diddy
Ike
Samus
Zamus
Lucas
Ness
Yoshi
Link
Captain Falcon
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Kirby

Low Tier
Hanenbow

Oh I Forgot About This Little Guy Tier
Mr. Game and Watch

"oh. you're one of THOSE players" tier
Metaknight
Pit

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
And the other five he can infinity without a wall...? (Four or five? )

I really do not have a problem with D3's. I simply space or camp the ledge. D3 cannot outcamp a Samus, Even with Wads.

Just my IMO, But tether beats D3
DDD can infinite 4 character without a wall (Mario, Samus, Luigi, and DK), but I think his infinite on himself only works on the ledge and his CG on Bowser isn't technically an infinite, just a really long CG. Again, DK and Luigi have it the worst; at least Mario and Samus can camp.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace

then he'll rise back up when olimar players learn to counteract the abuse of his weakneses

his grab-game/smashes/throw pikmen mindgames are too solid, if u can stay on the stage u could mindgame/screw up anything anyone else has...its about using his tilts,airs,roll,nuetral a effectively to allow ur self back into opprotunities to abuse his grabs/smashes.... olimar is fast enough when played correctly to stand with any character.... its all about staying grounded and positioning....

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I do not really have an issue approaching, it really boils down to playstyles of certain characters that makes them good or bad during certain matchups. (Sonic, Zelda, Samus, Jigglypuff, Ganon Ect. )
You not having problems with approaching has nothing to do with Zelda. She has problems approaching and that is her downfall.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
zelda is underrated..so is sonic ,olimar,pika,dk,and alot others..people will see sooner or later..same thing happened with melee..when they thought luigi was top tier..too funny
umm idk, i guess a MONSTER zelda player who's practiced so much that perfect kicking characters is almost automatic then yeahh...idk it all depends on skills and thats why skills>tier list and how is DK and pika underrated???

isn't DK really up there?? pika isn't too bad either. maybe campachu is somewhat underrated because of QAC and all that good stuff but once you get used to pika's d-smash lag then s/he becomes sooo much easier to beat =] zelda's up-smash has less lag than pika's d-smash so its really hard to punish after it eats up your shield.

and i agree with what everyone is saying about olimar. none of my friends play a really good olimar so i don't really have any exp. against one...although i know what they are capable of...OP Throws >_<

PB&J

Smash Hero
umm idk, i guess a MONSTER zelda player who's practiced so much that perfect kicking characters is almost automatic then yeahh...idk it all depends on skills and thats why skills>tier list and how is DK and pika underrated???

isn't DK really up there?? pika isn't too bad either. maybe campachu is somewhat underrated because of QAC and all that good stuff but once you get used to pika's d-smash lag then s/he becomes sooo much easier to beat =] zelda's up-smash has less lag than pika's d-smash so its really hard to punish after it eats up your shield.

and i agree with what everyone is saying about olimar. none of my friends play a really good olimar so i don't really have any exp. against one...although i know what they are capable of...OP Throws >_<
pika is underrated because to me she can be used many different ways offensive and defensive and is very fast when use the up b cancel...dk is the all around player who can kill quick break sheilds edge guard and has decent recovery, plus he is fast, zelda is strong and annoying and doestn't really need her zelda kick like she needed it in melee and she can swith to sheik with is pretty good.. a few other characters too but the game is still new and alot more meta game will be in the future..and i like melee a hundred times more im just stating what i see

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
King Dedede
Falco
Marth
R.O.B

HIGH:

Diddy Kong
Wario
Lucario
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Toon Link

MIDDLE:

Pit
Peach
Luigi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Ness
Sheik
Fox
Mario

LOW:

Yoshi
Lucas
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Samus
Jigglypuff

BOTTOM:

Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
One of my buddies posted this list on another forum for a completely different game. I just had to post it. That last tier is my favorite. :p

Top Tier
Leopard print Snake
Marth
ROB's Gyro
DEATH CHOKE
gannondorf
Gannondorf's **** attack
Zamus' armor chunks

High Tier
Wario
Wario
Wario
Wario

Really Good Tier:
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Lucario
Mewtwo ( RIP ;_; )
DDD
Mario
Luigi
Zelda
Peach
Bowser
Toon Link
DK
Diddy
Ike
Samus
Zamus
Lucas
Ness
Yoshi
Link
Captain Falcon
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Kirby

Low Tier
Hanenbow

Oh I Forgot About This Little Guy Tier
Mr. Game and Watch

"oh. you're one of THOSE players" tier
Metaknight
Pit
lol, pretty funny, the last one is my favorite one too

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I gotta get it off my chest

I don't think a Tier list is needed in this game. It Imo rendered obsolete when they added the trip and fall(Fail) to the game. I still don't understand why they would release an untested game....perhaps they wanted MetaKnight to be broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom