• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRK

Smash Rookie
I just don't get how Bowser maintains his position.
Terrible tournament results, below average match-ups, chaingrabbed near-infinite with DDD, large target, meh recovery, and slow, predicatable attacks.
Like, seriously, and he's STILL above PT? Wow, I just don't get it.
I don't either, but meh.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Good list. My only objection comes from Wario, he's a little too high imo. Definitely not above Falco + Diddy. He's still bottom of top imo.

But still, nice to see people where they should be. About time people realized that Sonic and PT are actually tourney viable, while chars like Zelda and Mario aren't.

Also, why does everyone question Bowser? He has a grab release that can string into KOs on even MK, and is a force to be ****ed with when the opponent can play his defensive game well. His punishing power + KO power are highly overlooked.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'm impressed, and somewhat surprised, that the SBR kept Falco fourth. I kind of thought they were going to be won over by all the talk of his tourney results.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I added the full process summary to the bottom, for those interested in seeing. Each "part" was done in a week, with the next "part" happening immediately afterward.

•Col•

Smash Champion
On the front, they said it's up to the TOs. I can see why, because those four are pretty strong against E and F tiers.
Pokemon Trainer were in Low tier tournaments for the last tier list. Also, Ike was allowed in many of the low tier tournaments already... xD Bowser and Zelda aren't good enough to COMPLETELY dominate Low tier tournaments...

I'm guessing this is also up to the TOs, but what about Zelda's down B if she's allowed in tournaments?

LET IT BE LEGALLLL!!!
Zelda was allowed in Low Tier tournaments in Melee, so there shouldn't be a problem... :)

I honestly believe D tier should be allowed for Low tier tournaments, for my reasons stated above. And from the looks of things, many others seem to think D tier should be acceptable as well...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Good list. My only objection comes from Wario, he's a little too high imo. Definitely not above Falco + Diddy. He's still bottom of top imo.

But still, nice to see people where they should be. About time people realized that Sonic and PT are actually tourney viable, while chars like Zelda and Mario aren't.
*will continue to play Zelda anyway*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I was hoping that Yoshi would move up more. But one place up is fine for me for now. =)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Kirby's in freaken A tier, **** yea. Wario's in S tier as well, **** yea to that to. Ness placement is saddening to me.
yea ness should have been in mid tier. people just dont realize how **** good he is

LOL

THIS LIST SUCKS

DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Samus is still not top tier? For shame, SBR. For shame.
Ummm no. samus is horrible

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hmm... Wondering if D Tier would be acceptable for Low Tier Tournaments...

yes. in fact, all of my low tier events will have D tier

Malcolm plays wario...wario up 5.

Malcolm plays sonic...sonic up 8.

Im golden.
uhhh u didnt effect the lsit at all. lololololol

im blaming d3 for dks disapointing tier placement
no its just you dk mains dont do crap and dk sucks

Nooo sammy!
i feel ya. We need to ALL work to make her better!!!!!

Seriously. This is bugging the crap out of me.
its fixed, relax

Ganon droped by 1, each list.
Well since hes last, there only one way to go now!!!!!

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
*will continue to play Zelda anyway*

I'm not saying you can't win a tourney with them, but you'll almost undoubtably be needing to learn characters to CP with. I know a friend of mine who loves using Zelda to death in tourneys, and he's very good. However, if he starts to get beat, he'll either switch to Shiek mid match, or CP with Marth. He still primarily mains Zelda, but he's still playing a smart game.

j/s

M.K

Level 55
Also, why does everyone question Bowser? He has a grab release that can string into KOs on even MK, and is a force to be ****ed with when the opponent can play his defensive game well. His punishing power + KO power are highly overlooked.
Who in their right mind would play BOWSER against META-KNIGHT?? Uh, nobody. Seriously, if the KO string is so devastatingly important to Bowser's placement, why don't his tier results show him competing better against the other characters? He's like....last. (or really close to it)
Oh yeah, that's because he's a horrible character that can be dealt with incredibly easy by using DDD and mashing the grab button. His miniscule "perk" against Meta-Knight is stupid, especially when there are extremely better and more potent opponents to contend Meta-Knight (Snake, Wario, Diddy Kong).

Like, Bowser is low tier crap, get him in there. He's freaking terrible.
Bowser mains, prove me wrong.

*crickets chirp*

I rest my case.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, for the lot of you still complaining about Mario and Lucas, and the ones who care a lot about the separation of S and A Tiers,
while characters in Tiers B through F may be, to some point, considered near each other in level when in the same tier, the same should not be applied to those in Tiers S and A. Meta Knight was overall voted better than Snake, who was overall voted above Wario, who was overall voted over Falco, and so on.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I'll just give my uneducated criticisms:

-Pikachu is a little too high for me, I always imagined him being right under either Olimar or Ice Climbers, but I can live with it.

-Donkey Kong is a tad too low. We all know about the DDD problem, but this can be overcome with secondaries to an extent, and past that, he's an extremely solid character with good range, kill potential and recovery. He's above Pit at least, but I'm unsure how much farther he could go beyond that.

-Wolf is better than Fox IMO, and maybe better than Luigi. CHARACTER BIAS LOLWUT THAT DUN EXIT

-Sonic's too high. He's obviously a lot better than the SBR gave him credit for before, but he isn't on the same level as Shiek and Wolf and the other characters above him. He's better off in D tier, either above or below Bowser.

-I believe Yoshi and Lucas should switch. I am still in the belief that Ness>Lucas, mostly because it is the general consensus, so I can not really back up that claim. But Yoshi is definitely in the upper echelon of E tier, so it makes sense for the two to trade. I'm still not too sure on this one.

Other than those (mostly minor) objections, this is a great list, definitely the most accurate one you guys have done. Keep up the good work SBR.

Well since hes last, there only one way to go now!!!!!
GANON T-

His own tier below everyone else?
Crap. >_>

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
WOlf is not better than fox.

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Sadaharu Inui

Im laughing my *** off