• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Who in their right mind would play BOWSER against META-KNIGHT?? Uh, nobody. Seriously, if the KO string is so devastatingly important to Bowser's placement, why don't his tier results show him competing better against the other characters? He's like....last. (or really close to it)
Oh yeah, that's because he's a horrible character that can be dealt with incredibly easy by using DDD and mashing the grab button. His miniscule "perk" against Meta-Knight is stupid, especially when there are extremely better and more potent opponents to contend Meta-Knight (Snake, Wario, Diddy Kong).

Like, Bowser is low tier crap, get him in there. He's freaking terrible.
Bowser mains, prove me wrong.

*crickets chirp*

I rest my case.

Oh my god.... Are you serious? You have to be a moron to be talking about Bowser as though you know his metagame but you don't even know that he can lead into a KO from a grab release without the MK being able to DI out of it.

The reason the matchup is "lol ****" is because almost every MK main knows how to out-space Bowser from his bad grab range, and MKs dance around his UpB. He has some good release strings on heavier chars like Ike, who doesn't have as many spacing options. It's not a hard concept to grasp, and it's ****ing annoying to hear people talk trash on Bowser.

Also, your point on "use another char to **** kthx" is just ********. Why aren't you bashing everyone for using lower chars than? Btw, you must play some ****ty people if you can beat them by mashing grab with DDD. Last time I checked, DDD's grab is easy to see coming.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm going to main Inui in low tier tournies. Just spam Inui logic all day and nobody will stand a change.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont understand the reasoning behind going, "look at anther, Pikachu is great" and then not taking into account Falco's tournament placings when putting him on the list.

As usual SBR just randomly placed low tiers on the list with no thought behind it, but I guess that was to be expected

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Oh my god.... Are you serious? You have to be a moron to be talking about Bowser as though you know his metagame but you don't even know that he can lead into a KO from a grab release without the MK being able to DI out of it.

The reason the matchup is "lol ****" is because almost every MK main knows how to out-space Bowser from his bad grab range, and MKs dance around his UpB. He has some good release strings on heavier chars like Ike, who doesn't have as many spacing options. It's not a hard concept to grasp, and it's ****ing annoying to hear people talk trash on Bowser.

Also, your point on "use another char to **** kthx" is just ********. Why aren't you bashing everyone for using lower chars than? Btw, you must play some ****ty people if you can beat them by mashing grab with DDD. Last time I checked, DDD's grab is easy to see coming.
Lmao, are you serious? Ike has plenty of spacing options against Bowser. Fair being the most obvious one, Spaced Nair completely shuts out Bowser, and Jab cancels alone can rack up 25-50% damage on Bowser because he can't SDI out of it too well. Ike's Fsmash is arguably faster than Bowser's and much more powerful and his Dsmash can be SDIed out of.

infomon

Smash Scientist
-Sonic's too high. He's obviously a lot better than the SBR gave him credit for before, but he isn't on the same level as Shiek and Wolf and the other characters above him. He's better off in D tier, either above or below Bowser.
Sir Bedevere, my good man!! You had better darn well be going to Saturday's tournament in Mississauga, so I can "money match" you for which of us must eat our words!

that and for lolz

you game!?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Judging by Gandondorf's placing on the tier list and Inui's posts this past week or two, I'd say the Ganondorf - Inui match-up is at least 70-30 Inui's favour.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord

Oh geez I really hate ignorance :(. Can't people argue or discuss properly and formerly these days?

Lol, by the time i post this, may be the views will be... OVER 9000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... woot Yoshi moved up one spot XD

Aw man, WHY, WHY does the SBR have to ruin people's fun, putting Mario between Lucas and Ness!!! THAT's like... IMPOSSIBLE. YOU JUST CAN't DO IT. THEY MUST BE RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER!!!

XD lol.

I dont understand the reasoning behind going, "look at anther, Pikachu is great" and then not taking into account Falco's tournament placings when putting him on the list.

As usual SBR just randomly placed low tiers on the list with no thought behind it, but I guess that was to be expected
Yeah, well that's understandable. I mean, it does make sense to put more thought into the higher tiers more than the lower tiers. Of course though, it would be nice if both high and low tiers had equal attention.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, are you serious? Ike has plenty of spacing options against Bowser. Fair being the most obvious one, Spaced Nair completely shuts out Bowser, and Jab cancels alone can rack up 25-50% damage on Bowser because he can't SDI out of it too well. Ike's Fsmash is arguably faster than Bowser's and much more powerful and his Dsmash can be SDIed out of.
I said not as many, not none at all. Lurn2read

Oh, and powershielding can stop a Fair or Nair approach half the time, leaving Bowser time to punish with Bup. Enough spacing on the Ike's part pretty much destroys this argument, but it was worth mentioning.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
This is bull****. You have low tier mains in the SBR. I think most of the SBR play low tier characters as secondaries at least. They did take a good look at the low tiers. The fact of the matter is that low tiers are close in their abilities while high tier and above are flat out distinguished above the rest of them, and the SBR took that into account and made it as accurate as they could with clashing opinions. They have done great for all three tier lists. People need to stop accusing them of this type of **** just because they disagree.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I think we need an Inui board now.

Sir Bedevere, my good man!! You had better darn well be going to Saturday's tournament in Mississauga, so I can "money match" you for which of us must eat our words!

that and for lolz

you game!?
Oh dang, I never heard of it. :o And if it's this Saturday I've got a party that day...

And I also suck. :laugh: Most experience I get is online. You'll trash my crappy Wolf/Sonic/Bowser.

I guess I could check it out. :evil:

M.K

Level 55
What Meta-Knight is going to get grabbed by Bowser? I know Bowser's grab releases, I'm not an idiot, but they certainly don't make him a good character to use in a tournament.

Lolwut? You just disproved your first statement by saying "Oh, he's got this guaranteed KO on MK, but they can get around that, so he's actually not that good". Look, if Bowser was actually any good, I'd be more inclined to vouch for his position on the tier list, but currently, his position just does not reflect his true worthlessness in the competitive scene.
Oh, and don't pretend like you are the only person that feels pain when your main is bad-mouthed. I'm sure alot more of the characters beneath Bowser have felt your pain as well, so stop boo-hoo'ing about it and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....like the Sonic mains (wow, can't believe I just said that, amirite *high fives every Sonic main*). Go to tournaments, place with Bowser, then I'll be happy to cheer him up the tier list.

I don't beat everyone by mashing the grab with Dedede, I beat Bowser by mashing the grab button. I don't bash the lower characters because they are where they belong for the most part, while Bowser sits in an undeserved position based on assumption and theoretical "possibilities".
If DDD's grab was so easy to see coming, why does it play a pivotal role in his metagame? Oh yeah, and last time I checked, his grab range is INSANE, only inferior to Tether Grabs and Charizard (Or, is it on par with Charizard?).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
$150. My Inui has ***** some top players. I once made a Blastoise explode by spamming Inui logic. Beat that, *****.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I said not as many, not none at all. Lurn2read

Oh, and powershielding can stop a Fair or Nair approach half the time, leaving Bowser time to punish with Bup. Enough spacing on the Ike's part pretty much destroys this argument, but it was worth mentioning.
And I was responding in kind to your comment about Ike not having many spacing options against Bowser. I said plenty of options that Ike has against Bowser. Lurn2read.
Also, I'd love to see a Bowser approach a good Ike. We can simply retreating Fair or Retreating Nair and spacing Bowser is ridiculously easy. Not only that, we can also use Bair as an approach and Bowser's Whirling Fortress can't punish it unless the Ike uses Bair up real close. Ike's RAR Nair is near unpunishable unless shielded and the only thing that Bowser can punish it with is Whirling Fortress out of shield. I can't wait to see how long it'll take Bowser to finally KO Ike with his slow, telegraphed killing moves.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion

Richard7

Smash Ace
Lol at Wario being so high. No doubt he's a good character, but grab release + no sweet spot on his up b + easy to kill him while he's recoverying with the bike = him not being 3rd. Tier lists are flawed. Just look at Toon Link...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom