• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Watch.

After all this, the tier list will be the exact same.

No movements at all. Everyone in EXACTLY the same spot as before.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok I will give you guys genuine spoilers. I will put spoiler tags over it, so if you don't want sneak peeks at the next tier list, then obviously avoid the blacked out text.

Ok here I go:

I am not sure if Shiek is low tier or not.

I am not sure if Ganondorf is the worst character in the game.

Knowledge is power, which means the more you know... THE MORE YOU KNOW!

What is a tier list?

I did NOT have sexual relations, with THAT WOMAN...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Also, when I say I am not sure, it's not some code like "Oh he means yes" or "Oh he means no". I'm saying I literally do not know lol

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Yes, I'm sure this noob PolMex wasn't mashing at all. That must be it.
Yo watch me fight D3s now ****it...

****it gotta get out, eech I was so bad back then.

Standing infinites are banned or if there not I gentlemen rule there nasty *** or punch them in the mouth untill it is.

Anyways D3s chaingrab WeeG anyways.

Too bad WeeG has 6 different 4 piece combos on the fat **** an at 80 ima upB his fat ***...an like CO if they aint expecting one...Alil magic...

No time for jabs

Jay Deth holdin it down speakin the truth

Expect to see more Luigis(No not a baised opinion, Luigi is brawls version of melee's captain, first there was isai, then others followed ages later), pikachus, sheiks an ikes.

With a heavy load of new warios and snakes and a fall of MKs

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
R.O.B.s playing better and going up a bit. Sonic going down to top of low tier/bottom of mid. Falcon going up a spot or two. MK getting banned. :/ Diddy's hype dying a bit. DDD dropping. Pit rising.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
MK and snake stay on top, diddy threatens snakes position than takes a sharp turn downwards as people learn to control the nanners at the level of the diddys they fight against.

ike gets out of low tier, leaving ness and ally to dominate low tiers,

D tier goes away, ike and pt go to mid tier and bowser and zelda go to low tier.

zelda continues to drop until she gets to bottom tier.

pit goes down to mid tier.

ics eventually make it to top tier.

Pikachu also gets to top tier eventually.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Productive prodding mode activate:
long term trends, what do people see in characters in the distant future?
snake going down.
ice climbers going up.
peach going down, although i'm sure dark peach will come in here and have a fews rounds with me about this.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
MK and snake stay on top, diddy threatens snakes position than takes a sharp turn downwards as people learn to control the nanners at the level of the diddys they fight against.

ike gets out of low tier, leaving ness and ally to dominate low tiers,

D tier goes away, ike and pt go to mid tier and bowser and zelda go to low tier.

zelda continues to drop until she gets to bottom tier.

pit goes down to mid tier.

ics eventually make it to top tier.

Pikachu also gets to top tier eventually.

Pretty much this.
IDK about Zelda though. Who the hell plays Zelda?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Zelda doesn't seem the type to drop to bottom tier. At the very end of Brawl I think that we'll see her at around Mario / Samus level. That is to say, pretty low in low tier but managing to stay out of bottom (somehow).

Link I can definitely see moving up a tiny, tiny bit every time. Maybe one spot per tier list?

Peach will probably be dropping a little bit every time as well, as might Donkey Kong.

ICs will probably go up a bit with Wario / King Dedede going down over time.

Not too much I really want to predict for the long term future but I think these are safe bets for now.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Diddy rises up to third next list, falls back down after that.

Zelda drops to eventually just above the bottom tier.

D tier/top of low tier continues to be a mess and changing with every trend and hype wagon, with at least half of E tier's current list at some point being in D tier. Predicted hype wagons that come and go: PT, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Yoshi

Sheik gets an undeserved boosted based on hype, eventually levels back out a bit higher then she is currently.

Sonic gets sent too low to the top of E tier due to Espy downplaying him too much trends, fixed eventually to bottom of his current tier when Sonics start destroying ever single low tier event.

Mario, out side of his one hype train, never gets his potential tapped. It's simply too little of gain for so much effort.

Dumb people keep saying Ike is third last, thankfully nobody smart listens to them, though he does take a temporary dive to the top of E tier during one of the hype trains.

Kirby, ROB, and DK keep dropping.

ZSS rises up a few spots.

Pikachu and ICs both end up too high and settle out in the top of A tier after S tier hypes are proven false due to MU learning.

D3 drops slightly more.

Luigi is left off of a tier list, as everyone forgets who he is.

According to my time machine, the true final result of the MK debate is MK ultimately being- *post cuts off, gun shots are heard*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
PT becomes mid.

Peach becomes high tier.

Lucario moves up in high tier.

Link goes up in bottom tier.

Pikachu goes up.

Falco goes up.

Marth goes up.

Sonic move up in mid tier.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yo watch me fight D3s now ****it...

****it gotta get out, eech I was so bad back then.

Standing infinites are banned or if there not I gentlemen rule there nasty *** or punch them in the mouth untill it is.

Anyways D3s chaingrab WeeG anyways.

Too bad WeeG has 6 different 4 piece combos on the fat **** an at 80 ima upB his fat ***...an like CO if they aint expecting one...Alil magic...

No time for jabs

Jay Deth holdin it down speakin the truth

Expect to see more Luigis(No not a baised opinion, Luigi is brawls version of melee's captain, first there was isai, then others followed ages later), pikachus, sheiks an ikes.

With a heavy load of new warios and snakes and a fall of MKs
It doesn't matter what your personal opinion is on them or what your region does, this is the BBR tierlist, it's based on the standard ruleset, standing infinites are in.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter what your personal opinion is on them or what your region does, this is the BBR tierlist, it's based on the standard ruleset, standing infinites are in.
wait a minute your joking right? I was under the impression that the "standing infinite" technique was banned or under the gentlemen rule...

Please tell me im right and/or your joking...

An Luigi will rise to B or A tier yall watch he is...

Falcon...!!!

Browny

Smash Hater
IMO, long term trends NOT 4.0

Meta Knight - wont go to his own tier again, forever 1st
Snake - wont drop lower than 3rd, deserves 2nd forever but anti-hype could knock him off for a short period of time
Wario - wont breach top tier again
Falco - could possibly be top tier again
Diddy Kong - will get to top tier by hype, drop out afterwards.
King Dedede - losing a case to even stay in A tier, could drop out by 4.0

Marth - forever stuck in middle of A tier with falco/wario always ahead
Mr. Game & Watch - bottom of A tier
Pikachu - I think this is as high as he will ever get... remain king of b tier afterwards
Olimar - rise to mid of A tier in a long while, will hang around top of b for a while though
Ice Climbers - mid-high of A tier forever
R.O.B. - drop to high-mid B tier... will rise back up though as hes still solid
Kirby - middle of b tier, again as high as he will ever go

Lucario - hang around mid B tier for a long time, next rise could be his highest for a while
Zero Suit Samus - same as lucario
Toon Link - stays where he is, no reason to rise no reason to drop yet
Pit - will rise to his highest spot, but drop back down to bottom of B/top of C by the end
Donkey Kong - could drop down to top of C tier

Peach - deserves a big rise but I dont think she will ever get it, next update should be her highest spot ever and will always hover around bottom of B
Luigi - top of C, I cant see him breaking into the B tier crowd ever
Fox - will rise, then fall back down to middle of C tier
Wolf - stay at mid-low C
Sonic - cant put him with the other 3 I would class as c tier, so he can be top of d
Sheik - as above

Bowser - as above, rounding out the potential top 3 of d tier
Zelda - drop to middle of E tier
Pokémon Trainer - middle of D tier
Ike - above PT in mid D tier

Lucas - top of E tier
Mario - rounds out D tier, below nss
Ness - move up to low D tier
Yoshi - top of E tier
Samus - move to top of bottom tier

Jigglypuff - bottom of E tier
Captain Falcon - has always been the worst
Link - above jigglypuff in bottom of e tier
Ganondorf - is better than captain falcon

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just as a heads up, the new tier list is going to be released soon. Can't give an actual date, but... Soon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Unfortunately I got the feeling that people forgot about those things when discussing stuff. Like while we were discussing characters, I and a few others reminded everyone that when talking about the metagame/these characters, that Standing Infinites encompassed this, and so did planking in its entirety. I do not think people truly took it to heart 100%, and so characters who suffer very much against planking, or who have standing infinites on them potentially are "artificially" inflated. This is no guarantee, or foresight, I'm just saying that in my opinion, I think certain characters will have "different" placements because not everyone had the mentality of including stuff like planking or standing infinites when talking about characters.

wait a minute your joking right? I was under the impression that the "standing infinite" technique was banned or under the gentlemen rule...

Please tell me im right and/or your joking...

An Luigi will rise to B or A tier yall watch he is...

Falcon...!!!

1. I scoff at Gentlemen rule. I am a Gentlemen, but I do not follow additional rules or restrictions or limits like that.

2. This is common EC/occasionally Texas misinformation. Standing infinites are not banned under SBR rules, and not every region bans them to begin with. I know others may disagree, but I see no reason for banning standing infinites except for a few concerning Wario, as those have extreme potential for stalling and are not addressed properly under our current stalling rules IMO.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo dj, looks like your top tier only has 4 characters in it...

is that intentional?

and your mid only has like 5/6

EDIT a real gentleman would put his all into winning and take every method to achieve his goals

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some people think banning the standing infinites will help improve attendance, even though people ignore the ones on Wario, Ness/Lucas, Ice climbers, etc. and only focus on the ones DDD does.

I'm guessing people just outright hate his infinite because he can do it ridiculously easy in getting the grab and performing it.

Let's face it, DDD's are widely hated by most of the community and the special rules directed at his infinites prove it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I see no reason for banning standing infinites except for a few concerning Wario, as those have extreme potential for stalling and are not addressed properly under our current stalling rules IMO.
Have those Wario ones been successfully abused much in tourney?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think it's a fair bet that all wario/ness/lucas mains hate standing infinites too.

not sure about wario's situation, but all marth has to do to ness and lucas is hold L/R and press A and they're screwed.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm guessing people just outright hate his infinite because he can do it ridiculously easy in getting the grab and performing it.
Want my opinion on this matter?

People loathe Dedede's CG most because it was pretty much the very first one to be discovered, and was already performed very early into the game. Dedede would become the "personification" of chaingrabs, if you want to, and the fact that scrubs hate people who use grabs a lot (that's the case in every game, not just Smash) make grappler-characters extremely unpopular among scrubs in the first place, but Dedede becoming this personificated CG has made him one of the most-hated characters in the game.

The fact that most of the characters formerly thought to be infinited are able to mash out and that he doesn't truly infinite more than like 2 characters doesn't help him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom