• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ganon 60/40 ICs, prove me wrong. Fyi as the one making a claim you have the burden of proof (basically if you say something you have to back it up, we don't have to invalidate it until you have given any reason or cause)
oh well basically, my proof is that i beat snakes pretty frequently at tournaments, and i regularly play a very good one and i know the matchup inside and out, so when a marth main comes in saying peach doesn't have even close to an even matchup with snake makes me kind of discredit that claim considering they don't main either snake or peach.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
55:45 I see as 'pretty much' even.
60:40 I would not.

When Peach starts beating Snake consistantly in tournaments, opinions would tend to sway.
(Are there many regions with Peach mains power ranked, and if so, how many of them consistantly beat fellow power ranked Snake mains?)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't really pay attention to "power rankings" as i really don't care, i just look at the players and how good they are and how well they do in a tournament setting, and yes i do regularly beat snakes, and im pretty sure there are many other peach mains who do as well, especially other high placing peaches like praxis or kosmos or excel.

all i know is that the snake matchup coming from the peach point of view really isn't that tough, don't play stupid and you will usually win.

humble

Smash Ace
oh well basically, my proof is that i beat snakes pretty frequently at tournaments, and i regularly play a very good one and i know the matchup inside and out, so when a marth main comes in saying peach doesn't have even close to an even matchup with snake makes me kind of discredit that claim considering they don't main either snake or peach.
The problem is the source here- you both are drawing upon personal experience to make a judgement, and I think someone needs to post the actual MU numbers.

gantrain05

Smash Master
The problem is the source here- you both are drawing upon personal experience to make a judgement, and I think someone needs to post the actual MU numbers.
your right, actually PLAYING good snakes and beating them doesn't prove anything, so lets just throw out some numbers here

55/45 peach to 55/45 snake depending on stage.

humble

Smash Ace
your right, actually PLAYING good snakes and beating them doesn't prove anything, so lets just throw out some numbers here

55/45 peach to 55/45 snake depending on stage.
I've played and beaten IC's with Ganon. Its def at least 50/50

And I went and actually checked the matchup, its peach 40:60 against snake.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I've played and beaten IC's with Ganon. Its def at least 50/50

And I went and actually checked the matchup, its peach 40:60 against snake.
Then the IC are doing it wrong. If they play correctly, it should actually be impossible for Ganon to even land a hit (blizzard = too good).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@humble--if they are both drawing on experience, are you gonna trust the peach's experience vs actually playing snakes, or the MARTH player's personal experience from...oh wait, he doesn't use peach, so it's more just his opinion, probably backed by some sort of reasoning, but not actual experience in the matchup.

Also, those IC are doing it wrong.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Ugh people missed the point of humble's post.
I don't see how peach has the advantage over snake. When top peaches go out and start beating the top snakes then we talk about changing the MU ratio.
@Gantrain: The point of talking about PR players is that they represent the best. You beating snakes without any names whatsoever does not represent a top peach beating a top snake. Which is where MU numbers come from. You need to find the pinnacle of the peach metagame to go even with the pinnacle of the Snake metagame.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@humble--if they are both drawing on experience, are you gonna trust the peach's experience vs actually playing snakes, or the MARTH player's personal experience from...oh wait, he doesn't use peach, so it's more just his opinion, probably backed by some sort of reasoning, but not actual experience in the matchup.
First of all, the icon in the corner of the postbit doesn't say that Marth (or any other character there) is the only character Shaya (or anybody else) plays.

Secondly, Shaya is one of the best Australian players, has travelled to America and placed in American tournaments. Granted, he didn't place incredibly high, but he did place. I think 17th or something at uh... Apex? Or SNES? I forgot, Shaya should help me out here. He also is in the BBR, which makes him most likely a better source of information than a lot of other people.

Gantrain is not. And he's not a very notable player either, otherwise I suppose he'd be known as one of the best Peaches (something Dark.Pch actually has going for him, he does do well with Peach even in bigger tourneys).

But basically you're saying that someone who has joined 2 months ago but has a Peach icon in his postbit is more trustworthy about Peach than someone who's in the BBR and noted as one of the best of his region (not specifically meaning gantrain by this 2 month-ago join date now, but still). Interesting logic.

However, I can't believe how people still can bring up Peach. I would've reckoned that all of her, her matchups, her placings, her stages and everything already should've been talked to DEATH during these almost 1000 pages of debate. Everytime I come in here, someone *coughdarkpchcough* is talking about Peach.

Alright. Let's bring up a new topic.
Captain Falcon beats or goes even with every character in D to F Tier, except for Ness, Lucas, Yoshi, Samus, Pokemon Trainer and possibly Bowser.

Discuss.

Browny

Smash Hater
Add PT, Zelda, Mario, Ike, Jigglypuff and Link to that list imo

Also trusting the BBR with knowledge about characters they dont use has proven to be epic fail on multiple occasions. See; SBR weekly character discussion threads LOL

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Right, forgot about PT, I always put him in C Tier in my mind. x)

Edit:
Also trusting the BBR with knowledge about characters they dont use has proven to be epic fail on multiple occasions. See; SBR weekly character discussion threads LOL
lol, this again?
Seriously, the BBR has improved a LOT since those days. A lot of people were kicked, a lot of people who are recognized as good players or knowledgeable about the game have been let in. You can't compare the BBR of today with the BBR of about 2 years ago, that's just BS.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Captain Falcon beats or goes even with every character in D to F Tier, except for Ness, Lucas, Yoshi, Samus, Pokemon Trainer and possibly Bowser.
Quote for truth.
Ness and Lucas pose the biggest threat to Falcon, though.

I haven't had much difficulty with the Falcon/_____ MUs in those tiers, aside from a few dedicated Ness and Lucas mains.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
First of all, the icon in the corner of the postbit doesn't say that Marth (or any other character there) is the only character Shaya (or anybody else) plays.

Secondly, Shaya is one of the best Australian players, has travelled to America and placed in American tournaments. Granted, he didn't place incredibly high, but he did place. I think 17th or something at uh... Apex? Or SNES? I forgot, Shaya should help me out here. He also is in the BBR, which makes him most likely a better source of information than a lot of other people.

Gantrain is not. And he's not a very notable player either, otherwise I suppose he'd be known as one of the best Peaches (something Dark.Pch actually has going for him, he does do well with Peach even in bigger tourneys).

But basically you're saying that someone who has joined 2 months ago but has a Peach icon in his postbit is more trustworthy about Peach than someone who's in the BBR and noted as one of the best of his region (not specifically meaning gantrain by this 2 month-ago join date now, but still). Interesting logic.

However, I can't believe how people still can bring up Peach. I would've reckoned that all of her, her matchups, her placings, her stages and everything already should've been talked to DEATH during these almost 1000 pages of debate. Everytime I come in here, someone *coughdarkpchcough* is talking about Peach.
I for one really don't care if Shaya is in the SBR. Does not mean he knows my match up and all Peach can do to Snake or all about my character in general to be speaking like this. Really does not mean anything. Just cause he is in there means he can say things about my match ups and knows ALL Peach can do to him? Then you have him going on here about "Snake is broken, has tilts, can't kill peach well, can camp!" and all this typical stuff I heard for over a year now.

I seriously get sick of this community when people say things like this to back people or claim they are right to say "Peach can't blah blah blah, lololol" You guys in the smash back room for what then? Have a purple name and feel like somebody. Feel cool/E-popular?

For one thing I already went in to hardcore detail about Peach vs Snake. So I explained myself already. I also said to even be more legit, that until I am ready to prove this match up is even. That snake has a slight advantage. When I am done covering up snake in my research then I will go out and MM all the top snakes multiple times to prove this match up is even.

Also people don't wanna hear me go on about Peach, don't sit here spitting nonsense about my character like if brawl just first came out. take a hint. You think people would take a hint by now and get off this garabage by now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Dark.Pch... are you blind or something?

I wasn't even talking about you. The only line I named you in was in those brackets where I said that you are a NOTABLE AND GOOD PEACH. Are you insulted by me praising you? Or just because I said your name?

Edit: Oh right, that "*cough*"-line. That was a joke. 9.6

Nic64

Smash Lord
I wish people would stop bringing up Peach in this thread, haven't you learned that it always ends the same way?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I seriously get sick of this community when people say things like this to back people or claim they are right to say "Peach can't blah blah blah, lololol" You guys in the smash back room for what then? Have a purple name and feel like somebody. Feel cool/E-popular?
I smell hidden issues.

*pets blue name*

Browny

Smash Hater
lol, this again?
Seriously, the BBR has improved a LOT since those days. A lot of people were kicked, a lot of people who are recognized as good players or knowledgeable about the game have been let in. You can't compare the BBR of today with the BBR of about 2 years ago, that's just BS.
All I have to say to that... is that Sonic's homing attack has good mindgame potential.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch... are you blind or something?

I wasn't even talking about you. The only line I named you in was in those brackets where I said that you are a NOTABLE AND GOOD PEACH. Are you insulted by me praising you? Or just because I said your name?

Edit: Oh right, that "*cough*"-line. That was a joke. 9.6
Dude I never said you insulted me, I am going by you saying cause shaya is in the SBR, thaty means he would know alot and knows about Peach and my match ups. Which is false. Same could be said for alot of people in there. You have like what, Three Peach players in there? (All WC) and till this day I still hear the same nonsense.

I agree with DJ and his comment about the SBR. Cause it seems to be proven alot when one speaks about characters that are not high tier.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
All I have to say to that... is that Sonic's homing attack has good mindgame potential.
And?
Wow, someone from the BBR said something wrong. That means the BBR as a whole is a bunch of idiots knowing nothing?! Because they aren't humans, and they should know every single little detail about every character and matchup in this game!

Or is this a quote from the character discussions? Something that's been done almost 2 years ago? Wow, you sure have a lot of hatred in you, still.

But now you see, that's exactly the reason why the SBRs aren't visible to the public, stupid crap like this. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude, I hope you understand cause it not being visisble, people will not trust most that comes from in there.

gm jack

Smash Lord
And?
Wow, someone from the BBR said something wrong. That means the BBR as a whole is a bunch of idiots knowing nothing?! Because they aren't humans, and they should know every single little detail about every character and matchup in this game!

Or is this a quote from the character discussions? Something that's been done almost 2 years ago? Wow, you sure have a lot of hatred in you, still.

But now you see, that's exactly the reason why the SBRs aren't visible to the public, stupid crap like this. :3
To be fair, it is really quite wrong, and not just a bit outdated/off.

swordgard

Smash Hero
If SNES did not mean anything, then why was I the only Peach main to make it out of pools and score 13th. if it was that easy, I love to see others do what I do. I keep hearing stuff like this all the time. if it is that simple and don't mean much, Then I seriously should not be placing this high OR others should be able to as Peach. But they don't. So Please don't try to make excuses. Top get that placing was not easy. Unless people wanna prove me wrong, just pick up Peach and do better than I do around here. i did not think so..........

And cause a few people around here don't see Peach as a good character like I speak about don't really mean much to me. Cause people around here since the summer time see me beast when I decided to play different. thus showing improvement and getting good results. As well as beating tuff players. So if you think I am all talk and no action you are seriously wrong. Ask the EC about me. And as time passes, people slwoly start to see how good she is around here thanks to me. if people still wanna be on the Peach crap they they were when brawl first came out, then thats them. People who see he hack it in person know the deal, and thats what matters. People who know lil about me or enever seen me play in tournament have nothing to say about me or my Peach in general.

Now that I got a job, I can go back to playing in tournies and I'm about to fully unleash what I can do with this character. Plays times over.
Stop distorting my argument please, all I stated is that SNES was really not of the size of other nationals, so saying a peach got 13th in a national really is a bit of a stretch. Viridian city has recently more competition than SNES did and is still considered regional. I am not saying you did bad, I am saying that if you intend on using at some point your placing to prove that she is really that good, you are going to have to do much better, as for characters like fox placed 3rd at Hobo which is far more impressive.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To be fair, it is really quite wrong, and not just a bit outdated/off.
If you ask me anything about Pit, I will probably not be able to give you a better response than something in that class, because I never really put time into researching or playing Pit, and never faced one.

So, long time ago, the BBR or a member of it said something completely wrong. And people are still riding on that, respectively using it as "evidence" for the BBR being idiots or something.

Keep in mind that pretty much the WHOLE BBR has been exchanged, a lot of members were removed and a lot of members were admitted. There's actually only a handful of members who were in there since the beginning.

Browny

Smash Hater
The character disccusions are 10-18 months old on average, not even close to being called 2 years.

I dont hate the SBR, but I sure wont miss an oppurtinity to lol @ their massive failures from time to time, ESPECIALLY when said failures are presented in such a sure manner. Its always an enlightening exprience to have someone who knows next to nothing about your character, tell you that they are right, you are wrong, despite the whole world disagreeing with them.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that pretty much the WHOLE BBR has been exchanged, a lot of members were removed and a lot of members were admitted. There's actually only a handful of members who were in there since the beginning.
Some of the worst offenders(like OS) remain

Not like it matters or anything though, why do people care so much? Sonic boards acts like the SBR molested them as children or something wtf. Shouldn't get so offended by anything that goes on in this thread, it's mostly just here for people to rapidly increase their post count(hi darkpch)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Then the IC are doing it wrong. If they play correctly, it should actually be impossible for Ganon to even land a hit (blizzard = too good).
Well, not in all stages it's impossible. IC HAVE bad stages. Maybe he can win in Norfair, Brinstar or Rainbow Cruise.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Stop distorting my argument please, all I stated is that SNES was really not of the size of other nationals, so saying a peach got 13th in a national really is a bit of a stretch. Viridian city has recently more competition than SNES did and is still considered regional. I am not saying you did bad, I am saying that if you intend on using at some point your placing to prove that she is really that good, you are going to have to do much better, as for characters like fox placed 3rd at Hobo which is far more impressive.
I don't think placing third is more impressive. Snes was more competitive because of the names that where there. Just like Virdian had MD/VA mid west NJ NY there **** was stacked with a lot of of top players. The hobo that boner placed high in the only really big name was Razer. I mean Texas is no slouch and they have great players. Look at the results of each tourney.

SNES
1: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2: Ally (Snake)
3: Mew2King (Meta Knight)
4: Lain (Ice Climbers/Dedede)
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers/Luigi)
5: Anther (Pikachu)
7: PikaPika (Pikachu)
7: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
9: Ksizzle (Meta Knight/Snake/Lucario)
9: Fatal (Snake)
9: Shadow (Meta Knight)
9: Judge (Meta Knight)
13: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
13: NinjaLink (ROB/Diddy Kong/Others?)
13: Meep (Ice Climbers)
13: Drkpch (Peach)

Hobo
1: Gnes==Diddy
1: Razer==snake
3: Samboner==****ing wifi FOX
4: PhantomX==wario
5: Espy==sonic
5: RoyR==marth
7: Esca==meta/pit/ic
7: Hylian==IC/GW
9: Jerm==toon link
9: Trela=lu lucario
9: D4BA=meta/ddd
9: Zori=olimar
13: Bored==Ike
13: Ozz==falco
13: Kalo==wolf
13: Kprime==pikachu
Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Strife

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Singles

1: Ally ($475.00)
2: M2k ($237.50)
3: Meep ($114.00)
4: Anti ($47.50)
5: Tryant - West Coast ($23.75)
6: Atomsk - Tyrant Slayer! ($23.75)
7: ADHD ($14.25)
8: Ksizzle ($14.25)
9: Will
9: Boss
9: Malcolm
9: Shadow
13: Inui
13: Ninjalink

So to say that SNES was less competitive to Virdian I find that pretty hard to believe. If you look at the names of the people and the placings. Viridian got mad hype and deservedly so because Alex is a great host it was the last VC for a while and NJ goes hard. However to try and say as if Drk Peach placing 13th is bad or that SNES wasn't loaded with talent or that boner placing third was more impressive than what drk pch placed is just wrong. It just proves that you're a hater and you fail to give credit where credits due. Dojo wasn't even at that hobo and you're going to be more impressed by it are you serious?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Idk how I missed this. But I am gonna keep this simple.

If it is like you say and taking my credit away for beasting with a character people till this day still **** on, Then People like Peachkid and Mikey Lenetia would have made it out of pools, and these boys are one of the better Peach players out there. No Peach player made it out of pools but me. Same time I went the extra mile and got 13th. Which was not easy.

How about you and the other idiots pick up Peach and do what I do. Do better than I do and place like this then talk. Until then, Don't say ****. Now it is getting annoying people taking my credit with Peach for this all cause it was no GENESIS or HOBO. Like are you for real with this garbage? Bias community makes me sick sometimes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Discuss.
Even with Link, Zelda, or Ike?

I can't see it, explain any MU's you feel he goes even with.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thanks Onishiba, but the response was quite explosive :O
And that tournament was evo2009.

I obviously came off as jumping in with ignorance with the whole Peach thing. But I tend towards the ideal that so many characters undoubtably counter Snake's game, options, whatever you wish to refer to them as, but somehow (not always) he still ends up winning the match up, instead of putting a few hundred to thousand words on the matter, I paraphrase it to 'broken lol'. Subjectivity over "near even" or "slight disadvantage" can result in (even though I know Dark.Pch vehemently denies any anger, the impression of tone always suggests it as such and effects the replies of others) well... nothing but a cluster of posts potentially agreeing with each other.

I would definitely be one to read and argue against someone saying Peach 55:45's Snake (but there was the whole 'stage dependant' clause).
Whilst copious amounts of lower tier'd (and potentially undeveloped) characters put focus/research/grey hairs on learning how to be able to handle the brute force of top tiers, it is often to my chagrin that the opposing top tier's exploration of the match up is generally left void unless it inherently becomes a 'problem' to that character's ability in tournaments.

Oh and for the love of god I don't think Peach is a bad character, nor one that can't beat a character in tournament such as Snake.

I like Captain Falcon =)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

If it is like you say and taking my credit away for beasting with a character people till this day still **** on, Then People like Peachkid and Mikey Lenetia would have made it out of pools, and these boys are one of the better Peach players out there. No Peach player made it out of pools but me. Same time I went the extra mile and got 13th. Which was not easy.

How about you and the other idiots pick up Peach and do what I do. Do better than I do and place like this then talk. Until then, Don't say ****. Now it is getting annoyine people taking my credit with Peach for this this all cause it was no GENESIS or HOBO. Like are you for real with this garbage? Bias community makes me sick sometimes.
I think you should just drop one finger on em Drk. The Hobo he referred to wasn't even a WHOBO and doesn't even compare to SNES or the VC he brought up. It's a silly notion IMO. I say keep doing what you do. Just let em hate.

Captain falcon doesn't go anywhere near even with Zelda. That's a joke Zelda ***** him something fierce.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Multiquote success!
I don't think placing third is more impressive. Snes was more competitive because of the names that where there. Just like Virdian had MD/VA mid west NJ NY there **** was stacked with a lot of of top players. The hobo that boner placed high in the only really big name was Razer. I mean Texas is no slouch and they have great players. Look at the results of each tourney.

SNES
1: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2: Ally (Snake)
3: Mew2King (Meta Knight)
4: Lain (Ice Climbers/Dedede)
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers/Luigi)
5: Anther (Pikachu)
7: PikaPika (Pikachu)
7: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
9: Ksizzle (Meta Knight/Snake/Lucario)
9: Fatal (Snake)
9: Shadow (Meta Knight)
9: Judge (Meta Knight)
13: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
13: NinjaLink (ROB/Diddy Kong/Others?)
13: Meep (Ice Climbers)
13: Drkpch (Peach)

Hobo
1: Gnes==Diddy
1: Razer==snake
3: Samboner==****ing wifi FOX
4: PhantomX==wario
5: Espy==sonic
5: RoyR==marth
7: Esca==meta/pit/ic
7: Hylian==IC/GW
9: Jerm==toon link
9: Trela=lu lucario
9: D4BA=meta/ddd
9: Zori=olimar
13: Bored==Ike
13: Ozz==falco
13: Kalo==wolf
13: Kprime==pikachu
Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Strife

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Singles

1: Ally ($475.00)
2: M2k ($237.50)
3: Meep ($114.00)
4: Anti ($47.50)
5: Tryant - West Coast ($23.75)
6: Atomsk - Tyrant Slayer! ($23.75)
7: ADHD ($14.25)
8: Ksizzle ($14.25)
9: Will
9: Boss
9: Malcolm
9: Shadow
13: Inui
13: Ninjalink

So to say that SNES was less competitive to Virdian I find that pretty hard to believe. If you look at the names of the people and the placings. Viridian got mad hype and deservedly so because Alex is a great host it was the last VC for a while and NJ goes hard. However to try and say as if Drk Peach placing 13th is bad or that SNES wasn't loaded with talent or that boner placing third was more impressive than what drk pch placed is just wrong. It just proves that you're a hater and you fail to give credit where credits due. Dojo wasn't even at that hobo and you're going to be more impressed by it are you serious?
The fact that it had similar competition shows that SNES was definitely not on par with other nationals. It was grossly overhyped considering the competition that showed up. Now, listen, I am not saying Dark.pch did not place well. But despite all of this, if he can only place 13th at a tourney of size, then he is not really proving how good she is. Yes, he is proving that she is better than what we expect, but he still is far from proving that she is nearly as good as he makes it out to be. SNES was not loaded with talent nearly as much as Genesis or Apex, and even those 2 tourneys were lacking alot of players who could not attend. The point being, 1 good placing at a national-regional-ish scale is not enough to prove that his char is nearly as good as he makes her out to be. Not only this, but SNES had alot of uneven competition, if we go beyond 13th place I am fairly certain that viridian city was on average harder. It's not about who you obtain the same placing as, its about whom you beat to get there.

How about you and the other idiots pick up Peach and do what I do. Do better than I do and place like this then talk. Until then, Don't say ****. Now it is getting annoyine people taking my credit with Peach for this this all cause it was no GENESIS or HOBO. Like are you for real with this garbage? Bias community makes me sick sometimes.
How about you stop distorting my facts. I am simply stating the fact that if you are attempting to prove that peach is as strong as you make her out to be, this placing alone is far from being sufficient. I am not saying you are bad or anything like this, but this placing is really not enough justification. Genesis, armada, 17th with sheik(that is 1 place behind you on a much bigger scale tourney, which is actually worth a lot more), does that make sheik A-B tier? Hell naw. If he got 9th, then yes, that would be a lot more discussed, but 17th does not quite cut it. Same in this case.

So please, for your own sake, stop calling other idiots when people are not arguing about your skill level but rather about what your placing proved with peach, which means not that much. You proved that she had better potential than expected, but you certainly have yet to prove that she is as good as you claim her to be. I am not going to do that, I have my own character whose metagame is underdeveloped. Also, stop calling bias when there really is an obvious difference between Genesis, Apex and SNES.

EDIT: I disgress on the hobo incident, that was not more impressive, my bad. I don't know why I wrote that, both are similarly impressive tbh.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks Onishiba, but the response was quite explosive :O
And that tournament was evo2009.

I obviously came off as jumping in with ignorance with the whole Peach thing. But I tend towards the ideal that so many characters undoubtably counter Snake's game, options, whatever you wish to refer to them as, but somehow (not always) he still ends up winning the match up. Subjectivity over "near even" or "slight disadvantage" can result in (even though I know Dark.Pch vehemently denies any anger, the impression of tone always suggests it as such and effects the replies of others) well... nothing but a cluster of posts potentially agreeing with each other.

I would definitely be one to read and argue against someone saying Peach 55:45's Snake (but there was the whole 'stage dependant' clause).
Whilst copious amounts of lower tier'd (and potentially undeveloped) characters put focus/research/grey hairs on learning how to be able to handle the brute force of top tiers, it is often to my chagrin that the opposing top tier's exploration of the match up is generally left void unless it inherently becomes a 'problem' to that character's ability in tournaments.

Oh and for the love of god I don't think Peach is a bad character, nor one that can't beat a character in tournament such as Snake.

I like Captain Falcon =)
You and the other assuming my tone and how my emoticon is over the net, thats your fault. Not mine. So don't pinn me for that. I said this many times. I don't use "lol" or these faces foryou to be sure how I feel or my mood. If I feel one thing, I'll let you know, like right now aginst swordward. Learn to ask and not assume next time.

Also my point is don't go speaking stuff you really don't know alot about and claim it is wrong/right. Thats what I don't like. When I am the one using Peach, going to tournaments, getting my *** kicked as well as kicking *** to learn from experience and over come things. And even till this day I am still learning **** and still improving to be a better playerin general and a better Peach main.

This is the only thing I ask from people, everything else I don't care for or have a problem with.

I think you should just drop one finger on em Drk. The Hobo he referred to wasn't even a WHOBO and doesn't even compare to SNES or the VC he brought up. It's a silly notion IMO. I say keep doing what you do. Just let em hate.
I just don't like people talking **** like this that know lil to nothing of my character, or use her to even know just how hard it is to go all Peach in tournaments and place like this. They have no clue how much I gotta work here. Butyou right.

I got a job now so I will be back to tournaments again. I did not have one before, thats why people did not see me around. I might hit a tournament towards the end of the month of make my return at pound 4. But to keep in shape as I have been, I'm gonna be playing with NY's beast players. When I hit tournaments again, it is a done deal.

But I feel people will still make excuses even if I was to beat someone like m2k or Ally cause "It's Peach,lololol, they sandbagged or screwed up, thats why you won, means nothing". I just can't win in this community. People still have that mindset from 2008 of her.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You and the other assuming my tone and how my emoticon is over the net, thats your fault. Not mine. So don't pinn me for that. I said this many times. I don't use "lol" or these faces foryou to be sure how I feel or my mood. If I feel one thing, I'll let you know, like right now aginst swordward. Learn to ask and not assume next time.

Also my point is don't go speaking stuff you really don't know alot about and claim it is wrong/right. Thats what I don't like. When I am the one using Peach, going to tournaments, getting my *** kicked as well as kicking *** to learn from experience and over come things. And even till this day I am still learning **** and still improving to be a better playerin general and a better Peach main.

This is the only thing I ask from people, everything else I don't care for or have a problem with.

I just don't like people talking **** like this that know lil to nothing of my character, or use her to even know just how hard it is to go all Peach in tournaments and place like this. They have no clue how much I gotta work here. Butyou right.

I got a job now so I will be back to tournaments again. I did not have one before, thats why people did not see me around. I might hit a tournament towards the end of the month of make my return at pound 4. But to keep in shape as I have been, I'm gonna be playing with NY's beast players. When I hit tournaments again, it is a done deal.

But I feel people will still make excuses even if I was to beat someone like m2k or Ally cause "It's Peach,lololol, they sandbagged or screwed up, thats why you won, means nothing". I just can't win in this community. People still have that mindset from 2008 of her.
Nobody would go omfg lol sandbag if you beat ally or m2k in tourney. Also, I do not assume your tone, you are giving posts which are loaded with suggestive terms such as calling other idiots or swearing all the time. Not only this, but you contradict yourself in this post saying how hard it is for you to go only peach yet you want to claim that she is one of the better characters in this game. Either she is, and its your fault for losing, or shes not and its simply much harder for you to win. You can't just switch from one to another depending on the situation >.>

EDIT: Other people are also improving, you seem to fail to take that into account when doing your evaluation of peachs potential, do not evaluate her on what you believe will be her future placing, we evaluate her on her current placings. If you want us to recognize peach as much better, simply place higher.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Multiquote success!

The fact that it had similar competition shows that SNES was definitely not on par with other nationals. It was grossly overhyped considering the competition that showed up. Now, listen, I am not saying Dark.pch did not place well. But despite all of this, if he can only place 13th at a tourney of size, then he is not really proving how good she is. Yes, he is proving that she is better than what we expect, but he still is far from proving that she is nearly as good as he makes it out to be. SNES was not loaded with talent nearly as much as Genesis or Apex, and even those 2 tourneys were lacking alot of players who could not attend. The point being, 1 good placing at a national-regional-ish scale is not enough to prove that his char is nearly as good as he makes her out to be. Not only this, but SNES had alot of uneven competition, if we go beyond 13th place I am fairly certain that viridian city was on average harder. It's not about who you obtain the same placing as, its about whom you beat to get there.
I'd disagree if you go down the list of VC and SNES the drop off at VC is a lot harder than the drop off at SNES. Because of the fact that they had pools. VC didn't so their are bound to be players who placed decent that wouldn't of made it out of pools at SNES. There was a drop off in attendence between APEX Gensis and SNES however, the talent of the players was still there.

EDIT: Other people are also improving, you seem to fail to take that into account when doing your evaluation of peachs potential, do not evaluate her on what you believe will be her future placing, we evaluate her on her current placings. If you want us to recognize peach as much better, simply place higher.
He has placed higher but you don't take that into account because the amount of people that attended the tourney doesn't fit your belief of what a national tourney is about.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Discuss.
Did you forget Mario or do you think he loses?

No sarcasm or malice intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom