• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Every character should be higher. They have so much potential and are better than everyone below them.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No, it's worse for Donkey Kong since Dedede doesn't even have to get to the ledge or step forward.

Though it's pretty much unwinnable for both. I think it doesn't matter who gets ***** harder out of those 2, lol.
That's true. Either way, it means 'get grabbed and you're dead'. It's like comparing whether Fox vs Pikachu or Ganondorf vs Sheik is worse. At the end of the day, they're both almost certainly screwed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
DK can space ddd with bairs, bowser doesnt have any move that keeps him as safe as dks bair does to keep him from getting grabbed

just sayin...

Flayl

Smash Hero
DK can space ddd with bairs, bowser doesnt have any move that keeps him as safe as dks bair does to keep him from getting grabbed

just sayin...
Klaw...

10nobodyrememberstheklaw

edit: this is what I get for tabbed browsing

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
*Cough* Wolf should be higher than Fox *Cough*

Not that I want to revive the last page's debate, of course. ^^"

This topic interests me- who has the harder MU with Dedede, Bowser or DK? I always leaned toward DK, considering that Bowser at least has his fire breath and the Klaw. More than the Kong has going for him. Granted that doesn't make the match 'winnable', but it gives him the slight nudge over DK in comparision.

On an off note.... Someone said that Luigi was Diddy's worst match-up a few pages back. Wow. I'd never heard that before- assuming its true. Awesome for the man in green.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
On an off note.... Someone said that Luigi was Diddy's worst match-up a few pages back. Wow. I'd never heard that before- assuming its true. Awesome for the man in green.
If I'm not mistaken, Diddy and Luigi players are very split on this idea. I'm pretty sure it's just not fun for either of them.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
An extremely fast moveset that provides him with a lot of options and frame traps. Wolf's "tools" are pretty much limited to bair, shine, and, laser. That's why there are like NO Wolf mains over here........because Wolf is so god**** predictable. Main reason why he dropped(below Fox I might add which is what I was pulling for ever since last summer).

Fox kills earlier than Wolf. He is hella light which makes Fox one of those risk and reward types. He doesn't get gimped near as much as Wolf and actually has options when returning to the stage.

Foxs' ground speed enables him to get inside of Marth.....actually that doesn't even matter because Fox never has to approach. IDA can punish most of Marth's moveset OoS.

You talk about Wolf's aerial movement but Fox is fast as f*** on the ground so that pretty much nullifies that.

Yea your right Wolf doesn't die at 120% against MK......he dies at 80% as soon as he's knocked offstage.
An extremely fast moveset that provides him with a lot of options and frame traps. Wolf's "tools" are pretty much limited to bair, shine, and, laser. That's why there are like NO Wolf mains over here........because Wolf is so god**** predictable. Main reason why he dropped(below Fox I might add which is what I was pulling for ever since last summer).

Fast attacks with terrible range.. yaaay? Wolf has bair, fair, uair, shine, blaster, fsmash, dsmash, usmash, jabs, ftilt and dtilt all are good tools just because he might be telegraphed doesn't mean his options aren't good (think gaw).

Fox kills earlier than Wolf. He is hella light which makes Fox one of those risk and reward types. He doesn't get gimped near as much as Wolf and actually has options when returning to the stage.

Not like wolf kills super late <_< He doesn't get gimped nearly as bad..??? REALLY ? Firefox is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to gimp then firewolf and the same goes for fox illusion. The foxcopter helps but most fairs or bairs cut through it like butter. When wolf cancels his side b it sends him far and fast along with an ability to use his aerial mobility also.
They both get gimped badly, ALL spacies do.

Foxs' ground speed enables him to get inside of Marth.....actually that doesn't even matter because Fox never has to approach. IDA can punish most of Marth's moveset OoS.

You talk about Wolf's aerial movement but Fox is fast as f*** on the ground so that pretty much nullifies that.

Who cares about how fast you are when you have no decent approach? Your not sonic you don't have like 17 different approach options and why exactly does it matter that fox doesn't need to approach when wolf can camp also....? When marth actually gets in your face (which with a no hitstun laser it is pretty easy) Fox CAN'T compete with his zoning, wolf can.

Yea your right Wolf doesn't die at 120% against MK......he dies at 80% as soon as he's knocked offstage

Same can be said about fox and he dies ealier so who wins there?

Also

Wolf vs marth 50:50 / fox vs marth 60:40 marth
Wolf vs mk 65:35-60:40 mk/ fox vs mk 70:30 mk
snake, well they both do pretty good against snake.
Wolf does alot better against icies since he actually has zoning tools and great aerial movement. He also has a better shot at fighting pikachu and sheik
Fox does better against d3.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
IDK if IC's are CGing like Snake or Dedede, unless their opponent isn't mashing and they have enough time to Charge the Usmash/Fsmash, there's a good chance Snake or Dedede or even DK could live past 150%. If they do indeed live past 150% (whether it be from a CG or not, or a large stage/ceiling like Japes/Castle Siege/whatever), what happens then? Can the IC player still go for the CG, or is he not allowed to because he's already past that mark? If he's allowed to, how much further can he go?
Didn't know they could survive that late.

Regardless, bump up for stages with tall ceilings, bump it up in general for the heavy-weights.

Honestly, if we wanna get really complicated, we could set the exact kill amount for every stage with perfect DI on every character and make it dependent on the match-up, but that really does complicate things too much.

Flat 170?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with Ganondorf being the worst character in the game. But I'm just curious, why IS he so bad? I want to know what makes him so bad? He has like the worst match-ups in the game. 100:0 against Ice Climbers? 95:05 Shiek? 90:10 Olimar, Falco? 65:35 against the SECOND worst in the game? 85:15 Yoshi? 80:20 Samus? And then there comes the incredible amounts of 70:30s, 75:25s, 60:40s. He only has 1 neutral match-up?

:( I feel sorry for the people who use him.

I guess he's just TOO slow (in brawl).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't have a problem with Ganondorf being the worst character in the game. But I'm just curious, why IS he so bad? I want to know what makes him so bad? He has like the worst match-ups in the game. 100:0 against Ice Climbers? 95:05 Shiek? 90:10 Olimar, Falco? 65:35 against the SECOND worst in the game? 85:15 Yoshi? 80:20 Samus? And then there comes the incredible amounts of 70:30s, 75:25s, 60:40s. He only has 1 neutral match-up?

:( I feel sorry for the people who use him.

I guess he's just TOO slow (in brawl).
I saw that edit.

80:10 would be unwinnable.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
80:10 means the match wouldn't finish...ever.
The matchup never existed in the first place.

Ganondorf is terrible for a number of reasons. Play as him for a day and you'll figure out why.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*Cough* Wolf should be higher than Fox *Cough*
I repeat:
THE CHARACTERS IN C TIER AND BELOW ARE EASILY INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE CHARACTERS IN THE SAME TIER.

That is simply because the characters in these tiers have not been paid as much (voting) attention as the characters in the upper tiers.
By all means, if you want to rub your d*** on it, then please, put Wolf above Fox, but don't moan in here because of exact positions. Wolf and Fox are in the same tier that's all that matters at this point.
This is not the final tier list and we're going to need a few years of play until we will be able to make exact judgments on every character in the game.

Seriously, learn to read and understand. ~_~

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Because Kirby's an amazing character, has no really bad matchups outside of ICs and maybe ROB and unlike Lucario doesn't get chaingrabbed by Dedede. He goes close to even with every top tier. I'm actually of the mind the Kirby should be even higher than he is; either right above, or right below pika.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kirby has a harder time with Marth than IC's lol.

Kirby would be better if he was less reliant on just a few moves to win. He's like a slightly worse G&W without the same disjointedness/power.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Kirby has a harder time with Marth than IC's lol.
IC's chaingrab him so easy. So if playing a IC that can CG good its worse. Other than that yea marth is harder
Doesn't Kirby have pretty bad matchups with Snake and G&W too?
yes
Bad matchups with Wario, G&W, Marth, MK, possibly Snake and Pika. He does alright vs Dedede, Olimar, IC's, ZSS, etc.
wario? no only campy ones

mk? no its like 55-45 mks favor, that matchup isnt even that hard (from experience)

pika? lolwut

he does more than alright against D3, and maybe even olimar

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wario? no only campy ones
AKA: The good ones.

If playing campy wins, then Wario should play campy, hands down.

It's like the Marth vs Snake match-up, if they both charge head on, it's about even. If Snake plays "gay" (campy), then Snake wins. So a good snake will be campy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's true, but the most effective strategy for Wario is to just run around, at least vs someone like Kirby who is more prone to it that, say Marth or MK.

The reason I said possibly Pika was that I think he might have a slight advantage, but there haven't been many high level Kirby vs Pika matches.

MK vs Kirby isn't 55:45. You get me a MK who pokes with Ftilt/Dtilt and Upb's whenever you try to Bair, and he will make Kirby wince in pain. 60:40 is more likely, I don't think Kirby is as good as facing MK as Diddy or Wario.

Some stages IC's lose to Kirby on. Overall it's maybe 55:45 for either character.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
PhantomX is a good wario and he doesnt camp
You're missing the point. If a Wario doesn't camp on a match-up where it gives him a decided advantage, he's either:

A. Not playing to win.

B. Can't camp right.

Either way, they're not using the character to it's potential, and it's the CHARACTER that counts in the match-up. not the player. Otherwise everyone could claim that Marth has a bad match-up against them, unless he "plays gay" by not spamming f-smash, and actually using other moves.

Base match-ups on the character, not the player, if a character can camp to make the match-up advantageous for them, the match-up is in their favor. If they don't take advantage of that, it's their loss.

Suspect

Smash Hero
You're missing the point. If a Wario doesn't camp on a match-up where it gives him a decided advantage, he's either:

A. Not playing to win.

B. Can't camp right.

Either way, they're not using the character to it's potential, and it's the CHARACTER that counts in the match-up. not the player. Otherwise everyone could claim that Marth has a bad match-up against them, unless he "plays gay" by not spamming f-smash, and actually using other moves.

Base match-ups on the character, not the player, if a character can camp to make the match-up advantageous for them, the match-up is in their favor. If they don't take advantage of that, it's their loss.
No i get your point, im just saying it's not always true. If he camped im sure he would be alot better.

This is brawl you're talking about. Everyone (except a handful and me) camps

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No i get your point, im just saying it's not always true. If he camped im sure he would be alot better.

This is brawl you're talking about. Everyone (except a handful and me) camps
Because camping is the best strategy most of the time. Lack of hitstun/shieldstun/whatever = defensive game.

*fair camps*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fast attacks with terrible range.. yaaay? Wolf has bair, fair, uair, shine, blaster, fsmash, dsmash, usmash, jabs, ftilt and dtilt all are good tools just because he might be telegraphed doesn't mean his options aren't good (think gaw).

Not like wolf kills super late <_< He doesn't get gimped nearly as bad..??? REALLY ? Firefox is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to gimp then firewolf and the same goes for fox illusion. The foxcopter helps but most fairs or bairs cut through it like butter. When wolf cancels his side b it sends him far and fast along with an ability to use his aerial mobility also.
They both get gimped badly, ALL spacies do.

Who cares about how fast you are when you have no decent approach? Your not sonic you don't have like 17 different approach options and why exactly does it matter that fox doesn't need to approach when wolf can camp also....? When marth actually gets in your face (which with a no hitstun laser it is pretty easy) Fox CAN'T compete with his zoning, wolf can.

Same can be said about fox and he dies ealier so who wins there?

Also

Wolf vs marth 50:50 / fox vs marth 60:40 marth
Wolf vs mk 65:35-60:40 mk/ fox vs mk 70:30 mk
snake, well they both do pretty good against snake.
Wolf does alot better against icies since he actually has zoning tools and great aerial movement. He also has a better shot at fighting pikachu and sheik
Fox does better against d3.
Don't even compare G&W's tools to Wolf's.......that's laughable. Bair is actuallly a decent spacing tool for Fox......he's not really a character that is built off zoning......he's more of an in your face character so I don't see why you brought that up.

Fox doesn't ever even have to use FireFox. Fox can cancel his side b as well<_<. Shinestalling allows Fox to have multiple options which Wolf doesn't possess. Foxs' recovery is better than Wolfs.

Fox can deal with Marths zoning.....that's why the matchup is only a 4-6.

Once again Foxs' recovery is far better than Wolfs'.

I agree with the matchups for the most part.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Bair is an okay spacing tool for Fox.

I say okay because it's really height dependent; the hitbox doesn't fall to the ground like Wolf's Bair (it also doesn't have as much range), so characters like Pikachu and Snake can crouch under it. And quite a bit of characters who can't crouch under it have a good OoS option or punish if it does hit (Marth's upB, MK's nair, D3's grab)

Firefox and Fox illusion are easier to gimp, but because of shine-stalling and rising fair and such, he doesn't have to use these as much as Wolf does.

But really, his advantages over Wolf are recovery and killing, and those aren't that huge advantages.

And I know that this tier list isn't final and past B tier, placement isn't huge, but I'm just arguing this anyway.

ThatAintTripping

Smash Rookie
The tier list definitely needs an update. Jigglypuff is way better than her current rank, and it's hard to imagine the best player in the country's/world's main not being top 5. Peach is way high, and gets beat too hard by Fox, Marth, and even Falcon to truly compete at the top level. Fox is clearly the best, followed by Marth IMO, but after that you could see some cool debate for Sheik/Jiggs/Falco. Followed by Falcon, then Peach. After that it really isn't tourney relevant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The tier list definitely needs an update. Jigglypuff is way better than her current rank, and it's hard to imagine the best player in the country's/world's main not being top 5. Peach is way high, and gets beat too hard by Fox, Marth, and even Falcon to truly compete at the top level. Fox is clearly the best, followed by Marth IMO, but after that you could see some cool debate for Sheik/Jiggs/Falco. Followed by Falcon, then Peach. After that it really isn't tourney relevant.
That ain't Melee. Pay attention son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom