• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bad matchups with Wario, G&W, Marth, MK, possibly Snake and Pika. He does alright vs Dedede, Olimar, IC's, ZSS, etc.
Kirby doesn't do alright against ICs. No way to approach through desynched Blizzards and a hard time seperating them makes them one of Kirby's hardest match-up's.
Wario, Pika and Marth aren't that bad and I'm still not convinced about MK either. Snake and G&W are extremely hard but Kirby does fine vs Falco and Diddy so it's not like he's screwed against Top tiers..
Kirby does better against Snake, Olimar, Marth and Diddy than G&W does, that's for sure.

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Kirby does pretty badly against ZSS, too. 60:40 is being pretty nice, if ZSS camps hard enough Kirby cannot get inside. Pretty good (although old and maybe a little lopsided) example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnC7X4v4GE

With that said, Kirby can do some pretty amazing damage once he gets inside, but he really shouldn't if ZSS plays the game right.

Snail

Smash Lord
Olimar boards have just re-discussed Kirby and agreed on a 60/40 advantage for Olimar. Kirby doing better against Oli than G&W does is madness, G&W is much harder >_>.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Bad matchups with Wario, G&W, Marth, MK, possibly Snake and Pika. He does alright vs Dedede, Olimar, IC's, ZSS, etc.
Wario: No. It's not bad. At all. >_>
Game and Watch: Bad matchup.
Marth: Terrible matchup. Kiriby literally can't do anything 90% of the time.
Pikachu: No. It's 55:45 without Pikachu's power. If it gets Thunder Jolt...yeah.
Snake: Bad matchup.

Dedede really isn't as easy as people would seem to think. On paper it seems like that matchup is extremely easy for Kirby to win but it's not. Grab combos, a pretty good KO move, good recovery, etc. However, Dedede just doesn't die. Kirby's only real reliable KO move on Dedede is FSmash and that move is far too easy to see coming. Grab combos from FThrow and DThrow can be DI'd. One of Kirby's best traits is his gimping ability, and you're not going to gimp a Dedede most of the time. Dedede just lives longer, has more range, and has more reliable KO moves from BThrow, DSmash, BAir, UpTilt, etc.

I think ICs are Kirby's worst matchup tied with Marth. You can 0-Death a Kirby with BThrow alone really easily. That's how easy it is to CG him.

Edit: Yeah, Kirby vs. Olimar. I think it was only in Kirby's advantage before very early in the game when Olimar mains didn't know how to get past his bad recovery. But now, it's just terrible to watch Kirby vs. Olimar. It's 60-40 in Olimar's advantage for sure.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kirby Wario is probably 60:40 Wario. Too easy to run away from him.

Everything else sounds fine. Like I said earlier, the reason I said possibly Pika was because I've not seen many matches like that so I was just taking a guess, although 55:45 for either side sounds plausible.

I didn't think Olimar had the advantage, I actually put it at even because of CP stages, but looking at the starters Olimar looks like he wins most of them.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Three characters, maybe even four, hurts Marth. Though Marth can do grab release stuff in Meta Knight.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
marth should be in S tier :(
I think Marth's fine where he is in A Tier.

BTW, I've just thought of something. Hypothetically, let's suppose that the DK players find a way to escape from D3's infinite (apart from the obvious 'punch the other guy in the face'). Whereabouts do you think he would be on the tier list? Assuming that absolutely nothing else about him has changed; his other strengths and weaknesses remain the same, but he can no longer be infinited.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Well then neither can Dedede or Falco.
Marth gets ***** by MK too much. DDD has had consistently good tournament results, despite having a number of disadvantagous characters. However, MK is probably the most common character to see in tournaments, so it is unlikely a Marth can get far before reaching a couple of good ones.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Kirby does pretty badly against ZSS, too. 60:40 is being pretty nice, if ZSS camps hard enough Kirby cannot get inside. Pretty good (although old and maybe a little lopsided) example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnC7X4v4GE

With that said, Kirby can do some pretty amazing damage once he gets inside, but he really shouldn't if ZSS plays the game right.
I hope i can play you one day

so you can camp my kirby with ZSS

and i promise it wont work ;)

edit: and you posted a vid of someone who is camping against someone who is known for turtling himself lol >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're missing the point. If a Wario doesn't camp on a match-up where it gives him a decided advantage, he's either:

A. Not playing to win.

B. Can't camp right.

Either way, they're not using the character to it's potential, and it's the CHARACTER that counts in the match-up. not the player. Otherwise everyone could claim that Marth has a bad match-up against them, unless he "plays gay" by not spamming f-smash, and actually using other moves.

Base match-ups on the character, not the player, if a character can camp to make the match-up advantageous for them, the match-up is in their favor. If they don't take advantage of that, it's their loss.
Neither Fiction, hunger, or I camp... and I'd say we do pretty well for ourselves.

A lot of the best players don't camp anyway, b/c they have the tools to win without doing so (Ally, M2K, Dojo, Zac [except vs DMG], Ninjalink, etc).

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Don't even compare G&W's tools to Wolf's.......that's laughable. Bair is actuallly a decent spacing tool for Fox......he's not really a character that is built off zoning......he's more of an in your face character so I don't see why you brought that up.

Fox doesn't ever even have to use FireFox. Fox can cancel his side b as well<_<. Shinestalling allows Fox to have multiple options which Wolf doesn't possess. Foxs' recovery is better than Wolfs.

Fox can deal with Marths zoning.....that's why the matchup is only a 4-6.

Once again Foxs' recovery is far better than Wolfs'.

I agree with the matchups for the most part.
The point wasn't about who had a better recovery, it was about that spacies in general get gimped hard not just wolf. And I know fox can cancel his side b also but go ahead and cancel fox's and then cancel wolf's you will see a huge difference.

I brought it up because against mk and marth once they get inside your camp their zoning basically shuts down most of your options, however with wolf you can actually zone back with his bair and AC fair an some other moves because of their range.

Oh also about people saying marth can't win tournaments

Mikehaze and darc have been winning tournaments using marth soo....?

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Marth gets ***** by MK too much. DDD has had consistently good tournament results, despite having a number of disadvantagous characters. However, MK is probably the most common character to see in tournaments, so it is unlikely a Marth can get far before reaching a couple of good ones.
Falco also gets ***** by MK pretty badly.

And don't forget that Marth has had pretty consistant tournament results too.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
According to the MK boards, it's 55-45 in their favour. Hardly a **** matchup....
That proly needs to change then... the majority of marth players seem to believe it's atleast 40-60 for them. A lot feel it's worse.

I mean think about it, MK and Marth are built around the same idea: a fast swordsman. MK just has better tools than Marth, and a lot more options. So in this matchup the Marth player has to significantly outthink the MK to beat out his better options.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
That proly needs to change then... the majority of marth players seem to believe it's atleast 40-60 for them. A lot feel it's worse.

I mean think about it, MK and Marth are built around the same idea: a fast swordsman. MK just has better tools than Marth, and a lot more options. So in this matchup the Marth player has to significantly outthink the MK to beat out his better options.
I was talking about Falco. I probably should have specified that.... As for Marth, I have no idea what the matchup is like, so I can't comment on it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth vs MK probably 6/4. Like, Marth can play really defensive at times, but he REALLY cannot make many mistakes against MK.

MK vs Falco is flat out ******** if MK is allowed to plank. Like honestly it's not even close to fair. Without it I'd actually put MK vs Falco at a lesser 6/4 than Marth, like Falco would seem like a dead solid 6/4 while Marth is borderline 65/35.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
MK vs Falco is flat out ******** if MK is allowed to plank. Like honestly it's not even close to fair. Without it I'd actually put MK vs Falco at a lesser 6/4 than Marth, like Falco would seem like a dead solid 6/4 while Marth is borderline 65/35.
Really? Falco vs MK for top players has always seemed to me really close to even. Like just as even as Wario vs MK.

That is without planking of course. Falco just gets ***** by it.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
One question. This says the "Official" list. Is that true, or is that just to get people to read it?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It's the official SBR list. Just like I can make a list and call it the official BengalsRZ tier list. There technically is not an official list. The SBR doesn't have the authority to declare anything official.

Leonhart

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Thanks BengalsRZ.
Which of the the two tier lists I see is more accurate? Because they're really different.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The other one isn't a tier list. The other one consists entirely of facts and is a list based on who has the best tournament results.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
ShadowLink Bair is a fast move. Also what wrong with camping if it gets you the wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom