• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphischains is funny.
Saying that most of the people in the SBR are noobs/idiots, while your being dumb yourself.

"Those people have the wrong perspective on the purpose of their membership, don't have enough knowledge of the game, and are extremely biased."

How do you know that? Are you in the SBR yourself? Has half of the SBR told you they are just in it for the little grimer under their posts?

I don't think so, have a little respect.
Your ignorance is seeping out of my computer. You clearly have no idea what goes on back there or who is even in it. I think you should try and gain a little knowledge, before whoring out your "respect".

His perspective comes from having conversed with the SBR members either through instant messenger, PM, or threads where SBR members are involved, such as Weekly Character Discussion threads. Don't worry, memphis actually has at least some kind of reasoning behind his posts.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Not necessarily. Basically, if you win tourneys with a low tier, you are genuinely 'good' at Brawl. That's cool, but there are legitimate 'good' brawlers who main MK, Snake, GaW, etc... They deserve just as much respect as other 'good' players.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes, and it doesn't change the fact that the higher tiers are better. There can be someone with exceptionally more skill than anyone else maining a low tier, doesn't make his low tier a better overall character, just makes him an overall better player.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
IMO the ones that need respect are the ones like NinjaLink who main everybody and can play them at relatively high levels of play, that takes some serious skill...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, Sonic Mains, you did it. Last night I dreamed that Sonic was in Steak Tier.
Sonic boards, their lulz are now getting to the point where we are corrupting peoples' minds.

Tell me when the pwn stops, if ever.

D

Deleted member

I use leadape with 341 speed instead of 330 and overheat over fire blast. when blaze activates from the focus stash, I can still get a KO from -2 SpA. Contrary to the trash that smogon posts occasionally, I do not lose to slower infernapes as the set would suggest. I just do fake out , CC, CC and it's dead. If it does SR, cool, I'll trade SR for a KO and keep my sash in tact. It only really loses to swampert hippowdon and zapdos. And by "lose" I mean I hurt them bad first.

I also question what memphisinchains knows as a SBR member.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I use leadape with 341 speed instead of 330 and overheat over fire blast. when blaze activates from the focus stash, I can still get a KO from -2 SpA. Contrary to the trash that smogon posts occasionally, I do not lose to slower infernapes as the set would suggest. I just do fake out , CC, CC and it's dead. If it does SR, cool, I'll trade SR for a KO and keep my sash in tact. It only really loses to swampert hippowdon and zapdos. And by "lose" I mean I hurt them bad first.

I also question what memphisinchains knows as a SBR member.
Pretty good.

From the looks of your avatar, you like Umbreon. You use him?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
No, memphis is on to something. While I don't want to give away specifics, a loooooot of work needs to be done in the SBR before we can call ourselves "Leaders of the community."

.Marik

is a social misfit
No, memphis is on to something. While I don't want to give away specifics, a loooooot of work needs to be done in the SBR before we can call ourselves "Leaders of the community."
Yeah, no kidding. A member who actually ignores mid/low-bottom tier characters claiming that they "aren't important".

Hint hint. >>

.Marik

is a social misfit
When's the last time a low tier won a national?

Hint hint. <_<

It doesn't matter. They still rank well.

They are still an important part of the metagame. For someone who's supposed to be representing the competitive Smash community, the least you can do is acknowledge that low-tier characters are still a part of the game, with devoted Smashers who are trying their best to rep said character, and to improve their skills and the placement of lower-ranked characters.

Hint hint. <_<

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Makes me wonder what was Sakurai thinking when he made some of those characters so god awful especially when you compare them to their Melee version.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It doesn't matter, they don't win national tournaments.

Hint hint, <_<
If you think about it, low tiers don't suck.

Top tiers are just broken as hell. >_>

Same difference, I know. But it's generally harder for a low-tier to place well, and some people place 5-7th out of 50 people, while using Yoshi or something. That's quite an accomplishment.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Or you could think about it this way,

The top tiers are really good, and the low tiers suck in comparison.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Acknowledged. They are part of this game, I can choose them when they are on the character select screen.

There are devoted Smashers trying their best to rep said character, and to improve their game. I can name some of them off the top of my head.

Done.

That being said, these characters suck and have severe limitations, and I don't care about them as in, I'm never worried when I have to fight against a Pokemon Trainer in tournament, however I will try my hardest to accurately represent them on the tier list.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Or you could think about it this way,

The top tiers are really good, and the low tiers suck in comparison.
Same idea, just different wording. Even though it's the same thing, people could look at it differently due to the way we phrased our statements. D:

Whatever, I still think Yoshi should be Mid-Tier.

Well, Bwett, Pride, Mmac, Sockz, Chaco, Shiri, Lil_B, are just a few. And those are Yoshi mains alone.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Acknowledged. They are part of this game, I can choose them when they are on the character select screen.

There are devoted Smashers trying their best to rep said character, and to improve their game. I can name some of them off the top of my head.

Done.

That being said, these characters suck and have severe limitations, and I don't care about them as in, I'm never worried when I have to fight against a Pokemon Trainer in tournament, however I will try my hardest to accurately represent them on the tier list.
You havent played against typh or reflex right??
Not offense, but come on... just pointing it out

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Same idea, just different wording. Even though it's the same thing, people could look at it differently due to the way we phrased our statements. D:

Whatever, I still think Yoshi should be Mid-Tier.

Well, Bwett, Pride, Mmac, Sockz, Chaco, Shiri, Lil_B, are just a few. And those are Yoshi mains alone.
No.

Some of the people you mentioned play online tourneys

Proof= http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188787

I don't see them playing IRL tournies.

-:bowser:Bowser King

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
all this sounds like to me is "everyone below C tier needs to win a national before i start paying attention to all of you." now this is unfair but it just means we need to go EXTRA HARD. We can't rest until we learn how to do that "0 to death grab combo on metaknight" ;)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You havent played against typh or reflex right??
Not offense, but come on... just pointing it out
I don't know about Typh, but I am pretty sure Reflex has a much better Wario than PT.

Snake has so many GOOD attributes, some characters just can't overcome that when the players are both skilled.

bigman40

Smash Master
No.

Some of the people you mentioned play online tourneys

Proof= http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188787

I don't see anyone of them playing IRL tournies.

Uh....I don't play online anymore (stopped in august of 08 >_>), Mmac is MIA, and the main ones that are currently making his character ranking is Socks, Pride (used to), Bwett, and Lil_b. I'm going to 2-3 tourneys in March to help move Yoshi up the list. Not only are you using your proof wrong, but you have nothing to claim that we play online. That thread is in person tourneys ONLY.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi sucks lol.The best is they think they go even with meta.There is a popular youtube video where a texas yoshi beats dojo in a friendly.The next day they play in a tournament match and the yoshi gets 3-stocked

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Uh....I don't play online anymore (stopped in august of 08 >_>), Mmac is MIA, and the main ones that are currently making his character ranking is Socks, Pride (used to), Bwett, and Lil_b. I'm going to 2-3 tourneys in March to help move Yoshi up the list. Not only are you using your proof wrong, but you have nothing to claim that we play online. That thread is in person tourneys ONLY.
I was talking about chaco and mmac. They play online. Did I mention you? No. I said some (2 out of the 7 people) of the people.

Reading comprehension helps >_>

bigman40

Smash Master
I was talking about chaco and mmac. They play online. Did I mention you? No. I said some (2 out of the 7 people) of the people.

Reading comprehension helps >_>

Sry. I missed that part (far too tired of seeing idoitic posts). I'll stand corrected.

Yoshi sucks lol.The best is they think they go even with meta.There is a popular youtube video where a texas yoshi beats dojo in a friendly.The next day they play in a tournament match and the yoshi gets 3-stocked
Idoitic, random posts like this that no one cares about. Old stuff is old. Go back to your boards and getter better than *****ing here.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
This is the first legitimate responce to my posts I have ever gotten, and he is agreeing with me to an extent

I have to sig this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom