• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That reminds me of something I forgot to fully mention. Part of that attitude problem I was on about was how people act towards people who don't want to participate in their debates with them. How people have an ego problem and seem to think their debates are somehow more meaningful then other threads. Those are the tards. And I will call them whatever I please. If it doesn't apply to you then good I have no problem with you so please don't take offense. But it does apply to many.
To the people debating in their thread, the topic is important to them. No matter how ridiculous or senseless it may look to you, to those people, it is a topic debateworthy. I think you are being a hypocrite by saying that you dislike elitism and egoism when the only one being elitist and egoistic is actually YOU.
You come into a thread (in our case this one) and say that you think people are dumb for discussing XY - not aware of the fact to those debating in it, this topic XY means enough for them to debate about it.

Judging on other peoples' opinions, dragging the topic into a meta-discussion about something completely else, and stating how they are idiots because they are entitled to their opinions IS elitist and egoistic. At least more than those people who debate in the topic.

Don't get me wrong, I do that, too. Everyone does it. But what is the sense if you post into this thread that you find the discussion topic idiotic? I see no sense in it. If a topic doesn't interest me, I simply will not participate in the discussion about it. If you have no intention of debating a topic, simply don't participate in it.

To each their own.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ganondorf should be the absolute worst. Captain Falcon should be higher.
if your kidding, OK, but if your not, you might just be bad when using ganon.....................

Get a sense of humor man, the internet is not serious business contrary to popular belief.
of course it's serious business, haven't you been to places like eTrade or something:p

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
-___-

Want to tell me exactly why it's stimulating?
Um...it makes you think? You have to present points and back them up, use examples, etc.?

It's ironic that you seem so opposed to elitist debaters, yet you're extremely elitist yourself. The face you used shows that you're thinking "What the hell? Debating is exactly the opposite of stimulating for your brain!"

Meh, elitists piss me off.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me of something I forgot to fully mention. Part of that attitude problem I was on about was how people act towards people who don't want to participate in their debates with them. How people have an ego problem and seem to think their debates are somehow more meaningful then other threads. Those are the tards. And I will call them whatever I please. If it doesn't apply to you then good I have no problem with you so please don't take offense. But it does apply to many.
I'm sorry but this makes you sound so dumb.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You're being very hypocritical. Over 90% of smashboards are debates and arguments, you're pretty much calling everyone on smashboards a tard, including yourself.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Haha my internet cut out in replying to that guy and then a bunch of people posted in between before my post got through and it totally looks like I was trying to hastily change the subject. : D

Anyway in response.

I think you are being a hypocrite by saying that you dislike elitism and egoism when the only one being elitist and egoistic is actually YOU.
You come into a thread (in our case this one) and say that you think people are dumb for discussing XY - not aware of the fact to those debating in it, this topic XY means enough for them to debate about it.
Am I being a Hypocrite? To an extent most definately. Everyone is a hypocrite sometimes. I don't like how people act towards other people sometimes and because I begin to dislike them I begin to act not very nicely to them. That's hardly a situation I'm comfortable with, but it's just how it is. But I'm not being Elitist. Egotistical yes. I have an ego and sometimes it gets to me I'll grant you. But I have no problem with people having an ego so there's nothing wrong there. nor would I say this discussion has anything to do with my ego.

Judging on other peoples' opinions,
No just how they choose to express them.

dragging the topic into a meta-discussion about something completely else,
I don't think it's fair to solely proportion the blame of the thread going off topic on me. I didn't start it and many others have had just as much participation in the discussion as myself. But yes I am off topic. Meh.

and stating how they are idiots because they are entitled to their opinions
Again not because of their opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I do that, too. Everyone does it. But what is the sense if you post into this thread that you find the discussion topic idiotic? I see no sense in it. If a topic doesn't interest me, I simply will not participate in the discussion about it. If you have no intention of debating a topic, simply don't participate in it.
You forget the original context. Someone else was posting about how they feel that humour and sillyness were worthless and it should be all about debate and such. I stated that I find the debate worthless and boring and often dislike the people who participate in it for acting like people who don't post like them are somehow worth less ot the forum. Implying that his opinion of it or anyone elses for that matter should hardly change how valid it is to the forum as a whole Everyone just jumped on me like I was being evil and hateful. You see where I was coming from originally?

Um...it makes you think? You have to present points and back them up, use examples, etc.?
No more so then normal thoughtful conversation. It's not specially stimulating.

How about no.

I say it goes Ganondorf, then Falcon, then Jiggs as the worst.
Upon what basis do you judge that Falcon is undoubtedly better then Ganon? Ganon has his own very strong advantages over Falcon. You wish to just ignore them? What do you know that we don't?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You forget the original context. Someone else was posting about how they feel that humour and sillyness were worthless and it should be all about debate and such. I stated that I find the debate worthless and boring and often dislike the people who participate in it for acting like people who don't post like them are somehow worth less ot the forum. Implying that his opinion of it or anyone elses for that matter should hardly change how valid it is to the forum as a whole Everyone just jumped on me like I was being evil and hateful. You see where I was coming from originally?
I can see where you come from, but I can also see where (I think it was him) bowser king comes from.
In a way of communication not having very important tools to express yourself such as mimic, gestures and the tone of voice, disabling the chance for you to acknowledge that someone is, for example, being sarcastic etc.
He just wasn't able to distinguish if the person joking was actually joking because exactly those tools of expression were missing, and there was no indicator the joking person was not being serious.

I think what he wanted to say wasn't that humour and silliness was worthless or bad, I think he wanted to say that everything has its time, and that it's sometimes hard to differ.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
ganon=/=jiggs >CF

Ganon can choke, jiggs can rest, CF can Falcon Punch (but most people expect it, which sucks)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You forget the original context. Someone else was posting about how they feel that humour and sillyness were worthless and it should be all about debate and such.
Bowser King didn't say that at all. Either you're taking it out of context for the sake of argument or you completely misread his point in the first place.

He said that jokes should mostly be left off of the internet because they're hard to interpret. It gets annoying when people joke because words alone make it hard to determine a joke or not. As you yourself pointed out, the internet is low on intelligence so even if it's completely outrageously stupid it's impossible to say for sure that the person must be joking.

If you're having a serious discussion on a forum and someone throws a joke or sarcastic comment out there, you could easily misinterpret it without a hint like "/sarcasm" or a ":p" face.

This whole thing proves that. If this whole thing really started because you thought Bowser was trying to say that jokes shouldn't exist and humor is useless, then...well, you yourself misinterpreted something, although it wasn't a joke.

No more so then normal thoughtful conversation. It's not specially stimulating.
Yes it is. It's easy to throw out some random joke or meme, it's different to simply discuss something, and it's even more different to debate. When you debate, your positions and ideas are challenged and you're forced to get rid of the holes in your arguments or minimize them as much as possible. Whereas, if you're just, for example, arguing that the Virtual Boy is the best platform for video games and your friend agrees with you or just doesn't want to challenge anything you say, you could say something completely meaningless as a large argument for your side. If your friend thinks that the Turbografix-16 is the best gaming platform, he/she may challenge stupid arguments and point out meaningless ones, forcing you to concede that your mere favoritism makes it better for you or to come up with strong arguments.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
LOL @ JIGGS AS THE WORST.

You sir, fail. Miserably.

But I still <3 you for it.
im sorry, but i have to ask this,

are you the same spoonbob that pulled last place at G.I.M.P.E.D. out of about 100 people?

if so that might be a decent argument for jiggz being worst in the game.

now i know out of the 3 people that got last I know one of them was a sonic main, however, in the defense of sonic, malcolm pulled top 8 with sonic at that same tourney

infomon

Smash Scientist
Jiggs isn't the worst, and the only jiggs main doing poorly doesn't mean jiggs is a bad character. Jiggs just doesn't have any mains lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jiggs isn't the worst, and the only jiggs main doing poorly doesn't mean jiggs is a bad character. Jiggs just doesn't have any mains lol.
1. sounds like johns to me.

2. if jiggs has no mains, than i can say what i want about how bad she sucks, since there are no mains to refute me.

3. shut up. i win.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see what's so good about Jiggs that you couldn't also get with Wario, Kirby or MK to be honest with you. Falcon is bad, but Jiggs..I just don't see any reason for anyone to want to play as Jigglypuff. Who actually likes that character enough to play her anyway? I mean, Falcon and Ganon may be bad but people like them as characters, as for jiggs..well, come on.

EDIT: Falcon is also not better than Ganon, though he may seem it. Ganon has some of the best killing power in the game, on almost every attack of his. Falcon has trouble killing. Ganon's choke is much more useful than Falcon's raptor, and his up B is better. Ganon's aerials are stronger but they aren't slower..and he's heavier. He's just better all around.

Barge

I honestly don't see what's so good about Jiggs that you couldn't also get with Wario, Kirby or MK to be honest with you. Falcon is bad, but Jiggs..I just don't see any reason for anyone to want to play as Jigglypuff. Who actually likes that character enough to play her anyway? I mean, Falcon and Ganon may be bad but people like them as characters, as for jiggs..well, come on.

EDIT: Falcon is also not better than Ganon, though he may seem it. Ganon has some of the best killing power in the game, on almost every attack of his. Falcon has trouble killing. Ganon's choke is much more useful than Falcon's raptor, and his up B is better. Ganon's aerials are stronger but they aren't slower..and he's heavier. He's just better all around.
Your first paragraph made you sound like only your opinion matters. Just because you don't like to play as jiggly puff doesnt mean others dont.
Jiggly is hella fun to play, her WoP is crazy fun, shes a pink balloon, she has a useless B move for awesome taunts and she owns nanas.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Furthermore.... you can be a strictly worse version of Wario, MK, and Kirby and still be a good character in Brawl lol.

But what does she have over, say, Wario? She doesn't get chaingrabbed (by like, anything lol), her insta-kill move doesn't need to charge, her recovery's not as predictable, and she's not a dirty old man. And multiple jumps make her in+out approaches all the more frustrating... and crazy SDI -> rest madness... and yeah....

jiggs is hilarious and fun :)

but KID wins lol :p

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Jiggs has better matchups than c.falcon.
You mean against Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Falco and DDD? Because I honestly can't see him being worse against Marth, Snake, G&W, R.O.B., most of the low tier, and others. Honestly, when you get to F tier, I think moveset capability is more important than matchups. Yoshi, Sonic, and Ganondorf pretty much prove that point.

Barge

You mean against Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Falco and DDD? Because I honestly can't see him being worse against Marth, Snake, G&W, R.O.B., most of the low tier, and others. Honestly, when you get to F tier, I think moveset capability is more important than matchups. Yoshi, Sonic, and Ganondorf pretty much prove that point.
But as someone said before, she/he/whatevz, can actually be used as a counterpick. Captain falcon cant. And I think you have it reversed, if all the low tier suck, then shouldn't it ONLY be matchups that decide their placement?

D

Deleted member

Everyone can be used as a counter pick. Jiggs is gonna move up to high low tier once someone good picks her up and gets good at rest interrupts. They are quite annoying.

smashbot226

Smash Master
On another note:

1. Link is officially in the Low Tier club, for consistently being a part of the lowest standards a fighter can have. He is now with Dan Hibiki and Whip.

2. To all Sonic mains:

YOU'RE TOO LOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
But as someone said before, she/he/whatevz, can actually be used as a counterpick. Captain falcon cant. And I think you have it reversed, if all the low tier suck, then shouldn't it ONLY be matchups that decide their placement?
Well, I do agree that Jigglypuff is better than Falcon, I just think movesets should be used more for low tier evaluation than matchups. Arguing who is less ***** less by MK/Marth/G&W is not really that useful; it would be like deciding who of Pichu or Kirby in Melee should be last on the tier list by who is slightly less *****y albeit Brawl does not have anyone as awful as those two.

But to be honest, I think E/F/G tier should be condensed into one giant low tier (with Luigi in lower mid tier of course).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
But what does she have over, say, Wario? She doesn't get chaingrabbed (by like, anything lol)
Just thought I'd point out that she does get chaingrabbed by bowser (ground release).

She's actually the ONLY character that, on air release, can get uaired.

Bowser's uair is pretty beastly :p

-:bowser: Bowser King

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol that's interesting about the Bowser grab-release. How is that matchup, then? Whenever I've experimented, Bowser just gets ruined by Jiggs lol. Rest is so easy :) but obv I'm not top-level play so idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom