• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's just too bad everybody already knows that.

This is why I love the true SBR, they got cool people up there. >.>

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Acknowledged. They are part of this game, I can choose them when they are on the character select screen.

There are devoted Smashers trying their best to rep said character, and to improve their game. I can name some of them off the top of my head.

Done.

That being said, these characters suck and have severe limitations, and I don't care about them as in, I'm never worried when I have to fight against a Pokemon Trainer in tournament, however I will try my hardest to accurately represent them on the tier list.
Umm, honestly they don't suck that bad. Alot of the low tiers (realistically, speaking: Mario, Sonic, Yoshi and Ness) have excellent matchups, and can put a good a fight in some high tier matchups.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'd wish it was practical for the SBR to make a tier list for who would make the best doubles partner presently. Frankly, it would be nice for one to be made because I simply find a lot of debate in its order, moreso than a singles tier list; everyone would have a hard time figuring out whether or not Snake, Game & Watch, or Meta Knight would be at the top of that tier list. Just throwing it out there as an idea to be alongside the fourth addition of the tier list whenever that would be made.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For all of you making "homegrown" tier lists, I felt like I might as well post Ike's recent metagame advancements in this topic so that you can weight his assets better (Though of course Ike haters will be Ike haters, not much I can do there :ohwell:). These are all of this month, by the way:

Back Throw to Dash Attack is a true combo on even more characters than was originally thought (Ike's grab game is better.)

Ike has a 0-60% combo on Bowser via a Back Throw chaingrab that culminates in the aforementioned Bthrow to Dash Attack combo. (Ike v Bowser goes from evenish to ...not so good for Bowser)

Ike has a pivot grab infinite on Wario from a grab release, whearas previously his standing grab was too low to grab Wario. (Match-up goes from Ike's disadvantage to evenish [Hey, even the Wario boards acknowledged this and made it go from 40:60 to 45:55!]).

Ike's worst match-up, Olimar, is no longer superbad due to the fact that Olimar can no longer shieldgrab everything Ike does. This is due to advancements found for Nair and how it gives Ike enough time to spotdodge or roll away from the grab if properly shielded, even if blocked. (I can't give a number summary for how much this helps Ike, but it takes away the major thing Ike had against him in the match, take a wild guess!)

So yeah, Ike's metagame is actually advancing nicely.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Umm, honestly they don't suck that bad. Alot of the low tiers (realistically, speaking: Mario, Sonic, Yoshi and Ness) have excellent matchups, and can put a good a fight in some high tier matchups.
big reason why ness is low is the marth infinite, so i don't think he would suck that horribly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For all of you making "homegrown" tier lists, I felt like I might as well post Ike's recent metagame advancements in this topic so that you can weight his assets better (Though of course Ike haters will be Ike haters, not much I can do there :ohwell:). These are all of this month, by the way:

Back Throw to Dash Attack is a true combo on even more characters than was originally thought (Ike's grab game is better.)

Ike has a 0-60% combo on Bowser via a Back Throw chaingrab that culminates in the aforementioned Bthrow to Dash Attack combo. (Ike v Bowser goes from evenish to ...not so good for Bowser)

Ike has a pivot grab infinite on Wario from a grab release, whearas previously his standing grab was too low to grab Wario. (Match-up goes from Ike's disadvantage to evenish [Hey, even the Wario boards acknowledged this and made it go from 40:60 to 45:55!]).

Ike's worst match-up, Olimar, is no longer superbad due to the fact that Olimar can no longer shieldgrab everything Ike does. This is due to advancements found for Nair and how it gives Ike enough time to spotdodge or roll away from the grab if properly shielded, even if blocked. (I can't give a number summary for how much this helps Ike, but it takes away the major thing Ike had against him in the match, take a wild guess!)

So yeah, Ike's metagame is actually advancing nicely.
im tired of this stuff honestly,

this is ikes recent metagame advancements right? over what? tha last month? 3 months? any character could throw out nuance stuff like that that has been found for their character. none of this list should really be accounted for in the tier list. just because every low tier can throw down a list just as big or even bigger than the one you posted.

If anything, the only thing i derive from that list is that theres one more reason why wario should be lower than what he is

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
im tired of this stuff honestly,

this is ikes recent metagame advancements right? over what? tha last month? 3 months? any character could throw out nuance stuff like that that has been found for their character. none of this list should really be accounted for in the tier list. just because every low tier can throw down a list just as big or even bigger than the one you posted.

If anything, the only thing i derive from that list is that theres one more reason why wario should be lower than what he is
Not necessarily. A lot of character metagames are slowing down. (it said last month in the post BTW). Making Ike's worse match-up not quite as bad, making a neutral an advantage, and finding more ways to rack up easy damage are all very good things for Ike, and prove that is metagame isn't stale yet.

And they should be accounted for in the tier list, as it's part of the character. >_> Not counting that stuff would be like randomly not adding in Sonic's spring gimps, or something like that. Very small in the big picture? Yes. Does it still add a bit of weight to the character's positioning, no matter how small it was? Yes it does.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser is a better character than Fox, though...
This.

Bowser>Fox
..and this.

EDIT: ..and what frown said :p

Bowser is an overall better character then fox.

People deny it because there stuck in the past and that causes a lot of misinformed things like "Bowser has bad range" or "He's big so you shouldn't have much trouble with him".

-:bowser:Bowser King

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Bowser is an overall better character then fox.

People deny it because there stuck in the past and that causes a lot of misinformed things like "Bowser has bad range" or "He's big so you shouldn't have much trouble with him".

You'd think they'd learn that size doesn't really matter as much anymore, with Dedede and Snake being tier giants and stuff like that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
SWF needs that format it does, because he/she was right about me kidding, and even though the big guys got a bone thrown their way, the small/fast guys still reign dominant.

Course somebody could argue why C.Falc is in bot tier, but then I'll just say that he is too manly for tiers, and Sonic should still be Steak tier.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Remember, jokes don't go very well on the internet unless it's something like knock-knock jokes :
70% of the internet is devoted to humour, and it is all to be found of worth in a Forum. Jokes just take a little more intelligence to understand when only conveyed through text, and the internet is unfortunatley low on intelligence.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
70% of the internet is devoted to humour, and it is all to be found of worth in a Forum. Jokes just take a little more intelligence to understand when only conveyed through text, and the internet is unfortunatley low on intelligence.
Actually, most jokes should be left out of debates or discussions because a lot of the times, seeing it is a serious area, people will look past the thought of it being a joke and take the idea to be someones opinion. Unless it's extremely obvious like "CF is high tier".

Also, it is very possible that kinzer COULD have misread that post.

Back on topic now?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Actually, most jokes should be left out of debates or discussions because a lot of the times, seeing it is a serious area, people will look past the thought of it being a joke and take the idea to be someones opinion. Unless it's extremely obvious like "CF is high tier".
Don't get me started on tards who like to have their "Intellectual debates" on a forum. This is a game forum. The only posts to be found of worth are thsoe that are funny and those related to the game.

See, this is a good example.

He's obviously joking and it's pretty easy to tell seeing the thing he said and at the point he said it (not in the middle of a argument).

Yes. It's very easy to see he's not serious. Unfortunately it's not funny. You have a serious problem if you have nos ense of humour.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Don't get me started on tards who like to have their "Intellectual debates" on a forum. This is a game forum. The only posts to be found of worth are thsoe that are funny and those related to the game.

If you haven't noticed by now, a lot of smashboards likes to debate. We even have our own room for it.

Thanks for calling everyone who likes to debate on the internet a tard though.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

If you haven't noticed by now, a lot of smashboards likes to debate. We even have our own room for it.

Thanks for calling everyone who likes to debate on the internet a tard though.

Not all of them, but a large amount.

You're welcome.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Not all of them, but a large amount.

You're welcome.
I <3 your inflated ego.

(and when you try to enter one-character tournaments as "random" ;))

Internet debate on a forum is just as valid as debate through any other form of communication. It just so happens that internet debate through a forum has a very open audience, and people often say very dumb things (which are generally very quickly rebutted).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
See, this is a good example.

He's obviously joking and it's pretty easy to tell seeing the thing he said and at the point he said it (not in the middle of a argument).

Actually, he was quite serious.

Seriously, Captain Falcon and his maniless are too good, probably even more BANworthy than MK.

I don't care how obvious it is he gets outclassed, nobody has just yet to harness his true powers.

Get a sense of humor man, the internet is not serious business contrary to popular belief.

Anyway I think it's pretty much settled what is, and all we do is wait until June or something when 3.0 goes out, then we all start a riot again.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I <3 your inflated ego.

(and when you try to enter one-character tournaments as "random" )
I'm an acquired taste. :p

Internet debate on a forum is just as valid as debate through any other form of communication.
Except like the ones where it might actually lead to something?

It just so happens that internet debate through a forum has a very open audience, and people often say very dumb things (which are generally very quickly rebutted).
It's nothing to do with people saying dumb things. I dislike many of the people with very valid views and facts. People just get far too self righteous and elitist about it and generally act like tools.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
You guys are debating on the internet about the legitimacy of debating on the internet.
Haha. Pretty much yeah. But I'm only referring to people devoting massive amounts of time to their little hot topic debates. Gay Marriage, Religion etc. You can't expect people to ever get by without disagreeing with each other. S'all good.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Perhaps some people enjoy debating? I find it really stimulating for my brain.
-___-

Want to tell me exactly why it's stimulating?

Edit: Let me clarify here. I'm sounding a bit dismissive and rude without reason. It's not the idea of debating on a forum that I dislike, I have no problem with it as long as you have the right attitude about it. it's simply how people act when doing so suffice to say very rarely do people have the right attitude about it. I've been around quite a few forums in my time and it never tends to change. But I'll try to keep an open mind maybe Smashboards is different. But my hopes are certainly not held close to heart. Also I die a little inside when people just throw the word "Strawmanning" at everyone they don't feel like actually thinking up a response for. God I hate that word.

I still find it stupid how you said it stimulates the brain though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Get a sense of humor man, the internet is not serious business contrary to popular belief.
..but the internet CAN be serious business. If you deny that then you obviously haven't realized what smashboards is filled with. A bunch of serious people debating over a game and making points about it. I'm not saying it's ALL debating but it does happen quite often.

Also, I do have sense of humor. You barely know me and you make a blunt comments like that.

Perhaps some people enjoy debating? I find it really stimulating for my brain.
Exactly.

-___-

Want to tell me exactly why it's stimulating?
Lets just leave it at "People enjoy debating".
If you don't care to debate then don't enter one (which happens quite often here). No ones forcing you but you don't need to call the people who enjoy it tards.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Lets just leave it at "People enjoy debating".
If you don't care to debate then don't enter one (which happens quite often here). No ones forcing you but you don't need to call the people who enjoy it tards.

That reminds me of something I forgot to fully mention. Part of that attitude problem I was on about was how people act towards people who don't want to participate in their debates with them. How people have an ego problem and seem to think their debates are somehow more meaningful then other threads. Those are the tards. And I will call them whatever I please. If it doesn't apply to you then good I have no problem with you so please don't take offense. But it does apply to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom