• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

espio87

Smash Ace
lets see, so far the final updates are summaries from the game:
  1. Items list
  2. Assist Trophies list
  3. Pokemon list
  4. Unlockables list
  5. Music list
  6. Trophies list
  7. Stickers list
  8. Subspace Emissary plot summary
That leaves two updates (Friday and Monday) which I'm really clueless about.:confused:

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ohh goodness me if I found out on 14th April that the PAL release date hasen't being released Im going to go insane!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The second snapshot showcase thing....none of my snapshots are in there...do I smell bias on the Dojo? >_>...
Just kidding of course XD

I take it that Monday; the final update, will be a message from Sakurai asking us how we're enjoying the game.
That or it'll just say "Tripping" as the title and when clicked upon will show nothing but "LOL! SAKURAI TRICKED YOU!" or "I removed wavedashing specifically so this could be a replacement for it! MINDGAMES!"

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I too am wondering what the final update will be. It better be something unknown and exciting for the Dojo's finale!

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Id like a EU release date, but i highly doubt thats what it will be.

If Nintendo knew the release date, they surely would have told us as soon as they could. I dont see why they would wait until the Dojo's end to give us the date.

I very much doubt a release date has been decided yet. Once it has, we will hear about it straight away.

But we wont get it on April 14th.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm staying up tonight until 3 (despite the fact that I need to get up tomorrow at a less-than-reasonable time) just to see the final update. I mean, c'mon, it's the final update; this is the last update, might as well make it worth remembering. After...*counts in head*...9 months of following the Dojo (I started in July) it almost makes me sad that the updates are ending...I guess I can always fill the void in my life by playing whack-a-mole 17 hours a day. (Cookie for anyone who gets that reference)

I bet it'll be a very short update for the last update, merely saying "You can download all of the removed Melee characters, as well as every past stage and a patch that removes tripping from the game by clicking on the link below!"

When you click on said link, you get taken to a....RICKROLL! :laugh:

In all seriousness, I have three predictions for the final update; one is the UK Release Date. Second is a "Thanks for playing!" "Enjoy the game!" and that kind of BS. My final prediction is something really big like DLC, possibly. I don't think we'll get DLC, but if we do, it'll probably be the final update--or something else big like DLC.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
It's been fun, guys...

This was the thread that really got me posting around here. Some great memories with the DOJO updates.

Seriously... Checking updates has been the climax of every day up until March 9th, and the site's end of updates will mark the end of one of the most frantic online activity moments ever.

Let's end it with a bang, Sakurai!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What if the final update was snapshots 2, what if there is no update tonight.
The site says that the updates will end on April 14th. In any other case, I would say it's possible that it means that the first day without updates would be the date listed, but since it's a Monday, wouldn't he just say the Friday?

Although, knowing Sakurai and his...annoying ways, it's very possible he'll not update or have an update saying "HAH! I FOOLED YOU! YOU THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE AN UPDATE TODAY, BUT THERE ISN'T! I BET YOU STAYED UP AAALL NIGHT JUST TO SEE THIS! HAHA, LATE APRIL FOOLS!"

/paranoia

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I just want to drop by for the last time to tell you all it's been awesome. Checking updates, dissapointment, relief, exitement.. We've seen it all. I hope one day this kind of happening will happen again, and I'll be here.

I pledge allegiance to the Dojo.

Farewell.~

:034:

Smash Hero
So, guys, European release date?

Dojo said:
...But wait a second! The European version still isn’t out yet!! We’re still hard at work on it, so please hold on a little longer!
SAKURAAIIIIII

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
the Dojo said:
...please hold on a little longer!
That's what he's said.

About a million times now.

Anyways, the update was pretty cool, albeit a bit disappointing. Mainly because I see some of these things as things that are Easter Eggs that would've been fun to discover as we go. Actually, that's the only reason; for the last update, it was surprising, yet not a letdown (except for those European gamers, I feel so sorry for you guys).

Oh yeah, and just curious; did anyone not read through the entire list?

P.S.
the Dojo said:
Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede.
Great, now I can never play as Dedede again. :(

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I loved this update.

And I wonder what Sakurai meant by "there’s always a chance that I will need to update sometime in the future with some kind of announcement."

Really Sakurai? Even after you're done you have to mess with us with your mind games? Lay off, dude!

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Predictions are done for now. But the Dojo isn't dead. It will have future announcements soon. Hopefully, such as polls for another Smash Bros. game maybe or possible special events associated with Brawl, like Nintendo gifts and items for sale (this could be like DLC if Nintendo does make a possible hard drive). Hoorah!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I loved this update.

And I wonder what Sakurai meant by "there’s always a chance that I will need to update sometime in the future with some kind of announcement."

Really Sakurai? Even after you're done you have to mess with us with your mind games? Lay off, dude!
I actually (somehow, don't ask me how) missed that line when I read through the first part of the update. Mostly because I was ticked off because I thought that we were actually just getting a "Thanks for reading" update, until I saw the final update at the bottom.

I agree here, I can't believe he's fooling with us again. Or maybe he's hinting at a total revamp of the site when/if a SSB4 comes out. I don't know, but it really annoys me that he's trying to fool with our heads. If he's not trying, he's got one disturbing talent for accidentally fooling with people's heads.

...wow, I'm really tired. See ya guys.

Top Bottom