• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

-KB

Smash Rookie
I 2-0'd Blue Rogue's Wario in winners bracket today. Dunno if that means anything.

Also, funny story about our 5th game in losers finals. I'll summarize it. xP

Delfino (while airborne), his Wario 140%, my Peach around 100% (I think); I grab release him in the middle of the stage and attempt to move for the game winning u-smash, then suddenly...

I'm sure you all got the gist of that... fml

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
It was an fsmash that beat KB... A fresh fsmash... Anyway the tourney was pretty much decided by a trip... Sakurai unintentionally kept order in the ranks of NEOH... :laugh:

clowsui

Smash Legend
WTF @ Kel's +4 jump o_O;

Not saying he doesn't deserve it but I'm curious to see how you guys determined that (i.e. how he was put over OS).

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I tend to stop caring about the PR. I somehow never improve for some reason..... But Kel did beat Lain....and he did beat OS not to mention eliminated him at The Springfield Monthly...So, I'd say he'd earned it....But I did defeat Shugo...Who was previously Ranked Number 1. *sigh* I'll never understand it.... Just wait til Quivo gets back into this...The PR is basically going to be Set....

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Welcome to my world, YbM... I'm jumping on the apathy bandwagon myself... The way the PR works is too confusing, and it seems like the criteria for placement changes by the month... That's just me though... I never understood it from the beginning...

lou4222

Smash Lord
To answer both questions.

The criteria is much more than head to head. Shugo and Y.b.M is a tough choice. Although Shugo lost to Y.b.M he beat Kel and Blue Rogue at TYM. He also won the Back to School tourney in August. Y.b.M travels a lot more and has a serious beef, the rankings would be fair either way.

Kel deserves second. He has been on fire. Look at his placings and I think you will see the some thing.

If the power rankings frsutrate anyone, speak your mind. Thats the whole point of this thread. If you feel like someone honestly got slighted, say it. You might have a good point. Its good for discussion.

Kel

Smash Master
I only lost to Shugo, Judge, AZ and M2K for the rankings last month. In addition to that I beat: OS, Nope x2, Infern, Lain, Fizzle, etc.

Shugo only went to one tournament and beat mentionables me and Blue rogue. Due to this, AZ, OS and I had YbM ranked better than Shugo. Our logic was that Shugo only attended one tournament, so it isn't fair that he only gets to use one tournament record while YbM gets penalized for others. YbM had better tournament records than Shugo's one tournament, so we placed him above Shugo. However, there are more than those three people voting.

Argent, recent tournaments ( in the last month) hold the most weight. They are looked at first and foremost. If there happens to be a tie in where you'd like to place someone on your list it then goes to past tournaments. This is why Nope/ Capem have jumped all over the ranking. They either destroy or get destroyed- typically it's just bad luck, but it still happens.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You'll notice that AZ and myself have pretty much stayed consistent. While Shugo may seem to be jumping around, this is primarily because he doesn't go to tournaments; if he attended a lot, he'd be consistent too. Y.b.M. has also been fairly consistent.

The others below have been having awesome streaks and bad streaks (generally back to back, oddly enough), but that's kinda good. It shows they haven't capped out yet.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
The problem is I'm getting 9 different answers from 9 different people... Just stop trying to explain it... I don't care anymore... I'm probably going to end up quitting anyway... School is kicking my *** like no tomorrow...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I remember when student teaching was absorbing my life. I still went to tournaments on the weekend and attempted to juggle both.

Bad idea. I did it, but not without massive stress and a poor performance in both worlds compared to what i could have done.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm teaching a class right now to pay for school... I was able to handle classwork, teaching, and Smash last semester, but I'm just completely buried this time around... :(

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Combined (Total Prize Money Through Five Events: $2,469)
1. Lain - $435.10
2. Mew2King - $295.50
3. Anther - $261
4. AlphaZealot - $255.80
5. Blue Rogue - $209.75
6. Judge - $154.50
7. Kel - $145.50
8. Overswarm - $139.30
9. Argentstew - $120.25
10. Shugo - $99.70
11. YBM - $67.60
12. Byaa! - $47.50
13. Lou - $27
14. Capem - $25.90
14. Nope - $25.90
16. SFG - $22
16. Suyon - $22
18. King Yoshi - $18.50
19. BBoy - $14.50
19. KB - $14.50
21. Ithrowthings - $14
22. Beegs - $5
23. Xtc - $4.50
23. Bead - $4.50

Looks like you are doing pretty good Argent.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Combined (Total Prize Money Through Five Events: $2,469)
1. Lain - $435.10
2. Mew2King - $295.50
3. Anther - $261
4. AlphaZealot - $255.80
8. Blue Rogue - $209.75
5. Judge - $154.50
6. Kel - $145.50
7. Overswarm - $139.30
8. Argentstew - $120.25
9. Shugo - $99.70
11. YBM - $67.60
12. Byaa! - $47.50
13. Lou - $27
14. Capem - $25.90
14. Nope - $25.90
16. SFG - $22
16. Suyon - $22
18. King Yoshi - $18.50
19. BBoy - $14.50
19. KB - $14.50
21. Ithrowthings - $14
22. Beegs - $5
23. Xtc - $4.50
23. Bead - $4.50

Looks like you are doing pretty good Argent.
Ok, I'm gonna stretch a bit here but........ Blue Rogue is 5th and everyone below him moves down a number until we get to Y.b.M.; then the list gets legit again

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie... Half of my winnings are pretty much Blue Rogue carrying me through doubles... :laugh: He tries to take some of the blame for our shortcomings, but I think it's mostly the way I've been playing...

Anyway, the list doesn't have meaning to me anymore aside from the fact that I seem to play terrible when I'm on it and awesome when I'm not... I think I'm better off not knowing how I stack up against everyone but rather always having something to prove... :/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Lou! Against Peach, do bairs in place and retreating bairs and he can't actually hit you with anything but turnips (which you can up+b through).
Peach's disjointed dash attack goes right through this.

If he gets in range of a fair (assuming he's holding forward at the start of the fair), do a bair towards him and DI away when it starts to hit.
Fair outranges bair sliiightly and passes through it in the later frames. Peach can simply pull back a tiny bit and perform the fair late and chase G&W. Doesn't work at all.

When he's floating, a running u-smash can often work, as can a simple charged u-smash.
Peach should remain grounded.

G&W sucks, Peach can beat him.

Up+bing Peach is another way to get her in the air, which sets up for easy KOs.
Peach can activate her float and be pulled up with G&W's up-B if he doesn't hit her directly, and fair while she moves up with him. :3

lou4222

Smash Lord
Im sure all that is true, but doesnt it rely on it being Frame perfect? There is no way Peach has an advantage in this matchup. It might not be awful, but its not as simple as Praxis makes it out to be.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
LOL what can I say? The man knows his GnW matchup. Get ***** OS. xD
You're being a bit simple minded.

I posted the top strategy for G&W mains in the G&W vs. Peach matchup from last year. This was an attempt to get further information from Peach mains, showing Lou what should and shouldn't work... while I don't believe Lou really needs any particular advice, every little bit helps.... but mostly I enjoy just making people do exactly what I want them to, just as I planned.

Puppets on strings.

-KB

Smash Rookie
You're being a bit simple minded.

I posted the top strategy for G&W mains in the G&W vs. Peach matchup from last year. This was an attempt to get further information from Peach mains, showing Lou what should and shouldn't work... while I don't believe Lou really needs any particular advice, every little bit helps.... but mostly I enjoy just making people do exactly what I want them to, just as I planned.

Puppets on strings.
Lol, I'm only kidding around. I know exactly what you're doing, it doesn't matter to me.

Bolded portion is exactly what I dislike about you though. Having a God complex isn't exactly something to be proud of, you know. My hunches were true after all. xD

y so srs OS?

Im sure all that is true, but doesnt it rely on it being Frame perfect? There is no way Peach has an advantage in this matchup. It might not be awful, but its not as simple as Praxis makes it out to be.
Yeah, some of what is needed to be done is based on strict timing, but that just comes with experience against the matchup. You're right though, she doesn't have the advantage overall, but it's nowhere near a disadvantage if the Peach knows the matchup. And Praxis isn't really trying to over-simplify things, he's just giving a step by step explanation of what he exploits in the matchup, which I picked up on after I was tired of getting smashed by GnW players. It all works, and becomes progressively easier to pull off with practice, but I'll be fair and agree that it's not too simple.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol, I'm only kidding around. I know exactly what you're doing, it doesn't matter to me.

Bolded portion is exactly what I dislike about you though. Having a God complex isn't exactly something to be proud of, you know. My hunches were true after all. xD

y so srs OS?
You have got to be the easiest person to troll on the planet, let alone smashboards. Inui is harder than this, and that's assuming I'm talking about something Inui cares about!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You have got to be the easiest person to troll on the planet, let alone smashboards. Inui is harder than this, and that's assuming I'm talking about something Inui cares about!
Have you met Dark.Pch?

And lou, I'd love to take your money, how much? :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMAO @ Praxis.

"Dark.Pch, I agree with you."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU AGREE WITH ME? You're always on my back about this kind of stuff but now you're saying you agree? You're two-faced bro, I'm tired of this ****, it happens all the time and I don't even deserve it blah blah blah."

QUIVO

Smash Master
OS just likes pissing people off/frustrating them. Online at least.

KB takes things too srsly.
I don't buy the whole "i was just kidding thing," cause everyone that says something that makes them look silly ALWAYS says that.

QUIVO

Smash Master
No, I play TL because I like him.

I guess that all does derive from me being Asian though. If weren't asian, I would probably be born as another person/race and raised in a completely different environment. Thus, i would not be wise or a TL main. Touche sir overswarm.

By the way, I really hate it when OS is right. **** you OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom