• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Clannad was okay, Clannad: AS will make you cry many many tears.

Hunger's got it right, really. Ohio has Shugo (clearly the best in the state and arguably the best player in our region), BR, Y.b.M., Kel, Infern for the most part, but the gap between say... 3-5/6 and 6/7-10 in OH isn't as wide a gap as you would expect. 10+... yeah, probably. That's where the most notable drops in skill come from. But there are a handful of outliers. To be honest, the gap between any consistantly playing or "good" midwest state's T-3 vs anothers is just about non-existant... with some exceptions.

This isn't a brag because in the end, all of the Midwest is bad in comparison to the main regions in charge, but the true advantage Ohio has (without the ability to travel OoS) is that not many states can handle our "mid tier" players. I don't mean mid-tier character players, but I mean the average/above average players in the state, accross the board.

Arty

Smash Lord
^^^ This is why I want to watch it. I want to see what all the hype crying is about. But sadly I don't think I'll ever get through it :(

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Watching the first 3 episodes was absolute torture for me! It made me hate anime even more damnit!
Cowboy Bebop, I think it's something you would like better.

That or maybe something by Hayao Miyazaki like Princess Mononoke.

But hey, anime isn't for everyone, so no worries.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
When the top 6 looks like
Kain
Lain
Arty
Sago
Hunger
Fatboy
at a tournament, I would be pretty proud of getting that 7 spot. 13... depends on who else is there. All I know is that you would probably get last at an event like this, and I don't think Ripple would crack top 6, maybe not even top 8 for that 7 spot if it was really stacked.
assuming Ripple is not goofing around (see: "I'm going to only play Sheik/Yoshi until finals because I'm a big noob") I could definitely see him contesting for top 8, assuming we expect those 6 to have the best shot at top 6. (If you made 7th, he definitely could too) I don't know if I'd expect him to though, because we have other players who could crack that top 6 (some easier than others, some much easier than him)

*assuming Zoze has actually played since the last update, I would also not expect him to get last
This skill level at Chicago tournaments drops hard after the top 6. The skill level in Ohio doesn't. There are people who get cut from brackets in Ohio that are good enough to take top 6 in Chicago.

Dead last place in Ohio = 7th place in Chicago.

That is why it's annoying when the PR comes out. Southern IL could do amazing and get 13th in Ohio. Only to have someone ranked higher than us on the PR because they placed 11th in Chicago.

Also... how in the world does Kain keep winning??? Someone go MK and plank him plz :/
I wouldn't say it drops off that significantly :'(

Dead last place in Ohio would get ***** at a tournament like that. (be realistic Zoze)
Didn't I say I suck already in this thread? Read my last post rofl. If I can beat you in Brawl, or I am higher than you if I make PR ever, it means you blow. I can still woop you though Future. Bring it when I see you. ;)
If you could beat me in brawl, I'd blame the matchup before accepting that I suck

stoopid marf

also:
ook, whatcha up to during break? I'd be down for a road trip if you would be there to play :D

e'eryone else:
anything happening over break?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is a bit heavy for this thread (I'm posting here so that the most people would see it), but I'm moving out of my parents' house right when I find a job. I gotta get out of this house lol, and I can tell my parents kinda want me out too. So if anyone is interested in getting an apartment (or have an extra room or something), hit me up on skype or AIM or whatever.
You should come visit southern IL for a bit! Since your free and don't have a job yet. It's easy to find a job here, and I have a big place you can stay at + free food. You would get a whole floor to yourself.

Take the train if you want. I have an extra car you could use for work too.

assuming Ripple is not goofing around I could definitely see him contesting for top 8, assuming we expect those 6 to have the best shot at top 6. I don't know if I'd expect him to though, because we have other players who could crack that top 6 (some easier than others, some much easier than him)

*assuming Zoze has actually played since the last update, I would also not expect him to get last

Dead last place in Ohio would get ***** at a tournament like that. (be realistic Zoze)
It would not be surprising if Ripple/DLA/Akashi/(others) didn't make it out of pools in Ohio. However, it would be surprising if they didn't place very well in Chicago.

You are now my official interpreter. You take my troll rants and turn them into coherent arguments.

But yeah, we have people in southern IL that have a VERY good shot at 7th at a Chicago tournament. But it will never be reflected on the PR unless we play in multiple Chicago tournaments in one PR update.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
It's people like him who are exactly who they are talking about. OS, AZ, Fizzle, Dj scrib (whatever), wakka, nope, capem, champ, king beef and probably a whole slew of others would destroy 7 and down in Illinois. This isn't even including people who frequent OH tourneys such as Krystedez, Renegade, Count, Hilt, Joey, etc.

No, these guys might not be Shugo level or have success at nationals, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't trash 7 and down in Illinois.

Arty

Smash Lord
I don't even know why I'm responding but whatever

It would not be surprising if Ripple/DLA/Akashi/(others) didn't make it out of pools in Ohio. However, it would be surprising if they didn't place very well in Chicago.
It actually would be very surprising. I believe all 3 of those players have made it out of pools at every regional tournament they've traveled too.

But yeah, we have people in southern IL that have a VERY good shot at 7th at a Chicago tournament. But it will never be reflected on the PR unless we play in multiple Chicago tournaments in one PR update.
Not true. Chewyy has been top 5 at least twice when he's been active. Ripple I believe has been 6th once. Quit your trollin yo!

It's people like him who are exactly who they are talking about. OS, AZ, Fizzle, Dj scrib (whatever), wakka, nope, capem, champ, king beef and probably a whole slew of others would destroy 7 and down in Illinois. This isn't even including people who frequent OH tourneys such as Krystedez, Renegade, Count, Hilt, Joey, etc.

No, these guys might not be Shugo level or have success at nationals, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't trash 7 and down in Illinois.
You're in the PR room so you would know that we're probably not even going to have a 7 and down. IL is very inactive now, so Ohio is definitely overall better and has much more active players. If all the active players play and if we combine with WI however, we would have a crazy good top 15.

Sago

Smash Lord
Wisconsin is pretty beast.

I have played most of the players you listed from Ohio and neighbors. And I can say with confidence players like dla, Akashi, jj rockets, Kirk, ect are easily as talented. Don't come round talkin smack

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
You should come visit southern IL for a bit! Since your free and don't have a job yet. It's easy to find a job here, and I have a big place you can stay at + free food. You would get a whole floor to yourself.

Take the train if you want. I have an extra car you could use for work too.
That's actually a really cool offer, but it looks like I found a job up here already. I appreciate it though :)

Both me and Ripple easily made it out of pools at Ohio a few months ago lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I start a new job tomorrow, I will hopefully be traveling more, since it gives me weekends off! <3
Hmm I missed this post... grats on the new job DK, where's it at?

I'm looking forward to more road trips with you, due to the fact that I feel safer riding with you than with anyone else haha. You're so focused on the road XD

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
If you're only doing top 7 for IL, you should probably consider combining the WI and IL pr's for the next update. A solid top 10 with 2-3 HM's? Anyone?

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I have nothin to say about this O:, but maybe you guys should have a crew battle of some sort one day xD. Action speaks better than words =)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
IL/WI PR would be awesome, especially if Kennispam wasn't on it. :laugh:

Why is Clannad so weird and boring? Wtf is up with this ghost girl...

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I have nothin to say about this O:, but maybe you guys should have a crew battle of some sort one day xD. Action speaks better than words =)
We already have a crew battle coming up with MW:W, since kansas is getting all up in our grilles after losing to us at Brainshock :p

IL vs OH crew battle sounds good though. We'd probably have to combine forces with WI though, since a lot of us are inactive right now.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
That's actually a really cool offer, but it looks like I found a job up here already. I appreciate it though :)
Dang. Ok.

I'd like to come to Chicago to play brawl with you guys sometime soon (like 5 days). Could anyone house me (and maybe one of my friends) for a few days? I would be taking a train, so I won't have a car :(.

Yeah, if IL was active we would have a very solid top 15.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
1. Kain :wolf:
2. Arty :snake::falco:
3. Hunger :wario:
4. Marshall :metaknight::dedede:
5. Sago :metaknight::falco:
6. YoshQ :luigi2::metaknight:
7. Ook :dk2:
8. Grimace :snake:
9. Akashi :snake::marth:
10. Kennispam :metaknight::sheik:
11. DLA :ganondorf::metaknight:
12. Kirk :random:
13. Scythe :lucario::mario2:
14. Wafles :metaknight::zerosuitsamus:
15. Barns :marth:
On the bubble:
Kappy :kirby2:
Red Ryu :lucario:
Fade :pit:

imo sumthing liek dis

oops if i forgot someone

eff S IL

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Everything after 8 is wrong. Good try though.

Someone in Chicago should offer me housing for a few days :)

Top Bottom