• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zozefup

Smash Lord
zoze. no need to get upset. just stick to your game. upset some people and raise in the ranks. i suggest you care a little less about PR's and care more about just doing well in tournies.
The PR before this I placed top 3 consistantly at four 30+ person tournaments. This PR I did "upset" DLA and Chewy. Unless I go to Chicago and place 1st at three+ "Chicago" tournaments then my rank will not go up.

I've made over $400 from smash tournaments.

I can't do much better than what I've been doing unless I start beating Domo, Lain, Kel, and Infern. (and Nichole lol. I'm still 3-2 on her though)

Krystedez won't beat me in a tournament set either. And he won the tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs8A_sIL2No

Arty

Smash Lord
Zoze, you lie so ****ing much, what the hell. The PR before this, you did not place to 3 consistantly. You only went to two tournaments. You do not go 50-50 against me and Ook, lol, what the hell are you talking about.
And look at the results. The top 6 are all WAY better than you in terms of results. It's not even close. You and DLA, putting everything together was REAL close. Stop worrying about getting 7th vs 8th on the PR and place in the top ten of a good tourney for once.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Zozefup is the kennispam of IL.
Except he plays a boring *** campy metaknight.

I watched some of your matches on youtube zoze, and all of your matches make it look like you don't know what you're doing. You camp, and worse, you do it ineffectively. You realize metaknight vs. peach is like the easiest matchup for MK ever right? All you have to do is attack and peach can't do anything, but all you did was camp, and lost because of it. This only proves that you're patient, in the wrong way. I realize I'm citing only one match here, but I think the concept goes a long way.

Do you have any good matches uploaded to youtube? Where you beat someone noteworthy?

Just get better dude. Campy nado spamming metaknight doesn't prove anything about your skill level. At all.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
How are me and DLA's results close to mine? How are Ripples results better than mine? Is it because he got 2nd at a st. louis tournament with 15 players? And I know that you guys decided to never count the tournaments I won because you didn't know about them.

Ask Ook if I go 50/50 with him. We've played many games. Our best of 5 MM was last hit, last game. I counter picked him to FD last game so we would have a good ending. I could have easily taken him to Green Greens, Norfair, Delphino that game. Our MM was last game too Arty, and I committed suicide at zero right in the beginning of the match. I still got you down to one stock too.

And Nichole beat Lain and Affinity in tournament. Affinity doesn't play campy, and his matches are always very close with her. But yeah, I should have been Uairing OOS instead of SL. I don't think I'll lose to her again. But honestly, she has been out placing just about everyone on this PR.

edit: I was expecting rank 1.

Do you have any good matches uploaded to youtube? Where you beat someone noteworthy?
Krystedez
Chewy
Y.B.M (lol) I 3-0'd him in a MM, but the match that got recorded was lame
Ripple

I have good close matches with:
Joker
Y.B.M

Now what good matches matches uploaded to youtube does DLA have? Or anyone else from Chicago have? Including you Wafles.

Arty

Smash Lord
Please link me to a tournament where you placed top 3 in the last 8 months. Oh right, you can't b/c there are none.

I beat you 3-1 in our Super Serious $1 MM where the only game you won was where you planked me for 6 minutes.
Ripple got first seed in his pool at No Koast, placed 2nd in a 25 man tourney, beating Lain in a set, outplaced you in Indiana, beating Champ and almost Infern and tied you in HD. But you beat him in a $1 MM so you should be higher.
You and DLA tied in every tourney, but Indiana where you beat him. Besides that, he also placed top 10 in two extremely tough tournies where he beat very good people. That's why its close.

Quik17

Smash Ace
haha I love this thread!

IMO Wafles MK > Zoze's MK

Wafles actually takes games off me, instead of getting 2/3 stocked every game 12 straight times like Zoze does.

inb4 you say you have no Wario experience since you just posted some horrible quality video of you beating Krystedez

Zozefup

Smash Lord
So you guys should host a big Chicago tournament again and actually bring set ups. I know hardly any of you travel, so I guess I can come up there again. I want all you guys at a tournament (including this Wafles and YoshQ character)

I'm pumped.

Ripple got first seed in his pool at No Koast, placed 2nd in a 25 man tourney, beating Lain in a set, outplaced you in Indiana, beating Champ and almost Infern and tied you in HD.
I win that st. louis tournament every time I go. Usually with a lot more players too. No one there doubts that I would have gotten 2nd instead of Ripple if I would have went.

If pools matter, then I should definitely be ranked higher than DLA because I got a 1 seed in pools at the tournament we "tied" at.

If "almost" wins count, then I almost beat every player I've lost to in tournament except Domo. They were all last hit against Y.B.M, Joker, Nichole, Count.

inb4 you say you have no Wario experience since you just posted some horrible quality video of you beating Krystedez
because I beat better Wario's than you?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So you guys should host a big Chicago tournament again and actually bring set ups. I know hardly any of you travel, so I guess I can come up there again. I want all you guys at a tournament (including this Wafles and YoshQ character)

I'm pumped.

I win that st. louis tournament every time I go. Usually with a lot more players too. No one there doubts that I would have gotten 2nd instead of Ripple if I would have went.

If pools matter, then I should definitely be ranked higher than DLA because I got a 1 seed in pools at the tournament we "tied" at.

If "almost" wins count, then I almost beat every player I've lost to in tournament except Domo. They were all last hit against Y.B.M, Count, Joker, Nichole.
I got 3rd seed in my pool, and that was with THREE different 0:100 matchups. One of which being Lain (1st in brackets), another being Fino (Olimar, 5th in brackets). So I basically got pool ****ed, and yet wasn't even close to not making it out of pools.

And I hope you were joking when you said you expected to get 1st in the power rankings. I really do. It means you're either extremely narcissistic, or you're suffering from delusions. You haven't come close to top 3 at any tournament we've seen you at; why would you think you'd get 1st in a power ranking list based purely on tournament performance? I think I speak for everyone here when I say you need to get over yourself, and if you still think we're all wrong about you, then you should have no problem proving it in upcoming tournaments. And if you don't, then you need to accept your ranking and get over it.

Arty

Smash Lord
Almost wins don't count, I don't know why I put that.
It's who you beat, in tournament. Bracket wins count much more than pools. Ripple beat Lain, Champ, KosMos, MMM and probably more but I can't recall right now. Please list the players you beat in tourney sets in the time of this update, and compare them to Ripple.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I use the best character in IL. I'm the best player in IL period. When is the next decent sized Chicago tournament?

I'm pumped.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive Zoze is just trolling so this is probably gonna be my last post for today.

Zozefup you went to 4 tournaments in the last 3 and a half months (the months for this update), and you placed

13th
13th
13th
17th

I believe 3 out of 4 of those tourneys DLA was at too so you can't use the argument that you go to tougher tournaments.

Your notable bracket wins are against DLA and I think that's it.

So how should you be first again? Cause of all the good people you beat in friendlies? 3 things wrong with that.

1. They're just friendlies!
2. It's hard to believe since you came to Chicago and I played you myself and destroyed you like 13 times. You even got ***** in the MK ditto and my MK isn't so good.
3. They're just friendlies!!! DLA beat Lain a couple of times in friendlies but not much people care because they are FRIENDLIES!!

Also, I agree with Xyless!

EDIT:
I use the best character in IL. I'm the best player in IL period. When is the next decent sized Chicago tournament?

I'm pumped.
I was right, he was trolling!!!!

There has been like 1 tourney in Chicago in like the last 8 months. Everyone from Chicago and Wisconsin go to the Winthrop Harbor tourneys which happen once a month. Lain and Ally usually go too.

The next one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368

There should be 60+ people at that one, with Michigan, Ally and M2k (maybe).
I don't think any Peaches are going so you'll get first for sure

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lol @ Zoze taking friendlies seriously especially those...we had to leave and u were planking/spammin with nado while i was just trying to kill you as fast as i can so everyone could leave instead of just camping you back. Otherwise it would end up the same way it was for Gambino were i outcamped him and 3stocked him in our tourny set

Your also a horrible troll lol its funny to see you talk so much here and then u whisper when you talk IRL jus saying

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
3. They're just friendlies!!! DLA beat Lain a couple of times in friendlies but not much people care because they are FRIENDLIES!!
It was a money match against his Snake actually :p Though your point is still true.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I tried making a serious reply to zozefup's terrible trolling attempts but I just can't take zozefup seriously right now.

A metaknight losing to a peach, no matter what peach, cannot come out and seriously think he's the best in an entire state, a state which has a lot of really amazing players.
Oh and close set or not, there is no excuse for a metaknight to ever lose to a peach. Peach mains have come to grips with that, so really you shouldn't say "oh but it was close!" instead you should probably be a little embarassed to see that video even got uploaded.

I hope you come to the big chicago tourney later this month, I can't wait to meet this obnoxious kid, lmao.

Scythe

Smash Master
I should be first on the power rankings. You all are terrible.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I move to Florida this summer. I'd like to go to another tournament before then, but I'm extremely low on cash. I'm saving up money for a mission trip.

You guys should have a tournament and give $50 of the pot to zozefups mission trip. It's a good cause too. Then maybe I could come.

I could even pay you back when I win the 1st pot too.

A metaknight losing to a peach, no matter what peach, cannot come out and seriously think he's the best in an entire state, a state which has a lot of really amazing players.
lol huh? She beat Lain's Marth, which is just as bad of a match up as MK. She also beat lain's DDD, and she was much loser to knocking lain out of the bracket than Ripple was. She also took games off Affinity's MK. I'm pretty sure Lain and Affinity are much better than anyone in IL, or even the midwest for that matter.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I may have the wrong idea, but I'd rather donate money straight to the needy than pay for a round trip airplane ticket and full meals/housing for one person just to help for a week or two then leave. That's probably just the dirty liberal atheist in me talking though.

hunger!

Smash Champion
just read the last 2 pages here's what i come up with.

-zoze is best player in mww.

-xyeless is going to win ASC cause he's peach.

-even though DLA tied with zoze at like 3 tournies. DLA is terrible

-friendlies seem to matter to zoze...alot

-kryst is a better wario than quik since quik beat zoze in 13 friendlies straight even though zoze beat kryst. (yedigg?)

-zoze is the mk embodiment of kennispam (but kenni is cooler cause he doesnt talk **** at tournies)

-PR's are ******** (i've known this forever)

and this is just a question for me.

How do you pronouce Zozefup?

zoz-ee-foop/fup?

Peace. might be quitting this game.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I may have the wrong idea, but I'd rather donate money straight to the needy than pay for a round trip airplane ticket and full meals/housing for one person just to help for a week or two then leave. That's probably just the dirty liberal atheist in me talking though.
People do a lot more than money can. But yeah, it would make since to donate straight to them or at least to people who are already there, instead of paying for round trip plane tickets. I think the reason behind it is to help out the people you send. Hopefully by going to this I will realize the reality of poverty and get a heart for it. Then over the course of my life time I will give more time and money than you could have in that one instance.

And hopefully it would strength me spiritually too. Right now I'm struggling spiritually a little bit. Not in believing in God, but in really living it.

The Bible says that God has plans to prosper us and not to harm us. That Gods ways lead to life, joy, and fulfillment. But I have a hard time trusting that I will be the most joyful by being sold out for Jesus. A lot of "worldly" things bring happiness, at least for a time.

And being a sold out Christian is hard. It's much easier to be selfish and ignore it.

How do you pronouce Zozefup?
zoz-ee-foop/fup?

Peace. might be quitting this game.
It's just random letters. I just mashed on the keyboard and thought it looked cool lol. It doesn't really have a pronunciation, but most people have choosen to pronounce it as

zoze-uh-fup.

lol, I don't know how the dictionary pronounce things, so I just did it my way.

And what do you mean you might be quitting this game????

Kirk

Smash Champion
I beat Kirk like 11 straight games (not even close).
Just had to chime in here because this made me cry with laughter.

For one, we played ONE game. That has got to be the greatest exaggeration I've ever seen.

And two, you beat my Bowser, me not playing this game for a good couple months until that day(I think the last time I did anything was NO KOAST v2) , and it was still down to the last stock. I commend you.

@hunger, you have to come to one of my smashfests sometime. You don't know what you're missing!

And now, I will continue lol'ing at thread.

Quik17

Smash Ace
@hunger, you have to come to one of my smashfests sometime. You don't know what you're missing!
This. And bring Sago too.

Although at the rate these smashfests keep getting more people, they might have like 50 attendees soon.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
No Kirk. I beat your bowser game 1, then you switched to Ike. I played your Ike at least two other games besides that one too. I know because I was insanely pumped about it and called Rob to tell him I beat your Ike afterwards. lol

But they were just friendlies, and it was on a laggy TV. I think you were even talking to someone in one of the games.

Ok. I'm done posting now.

-even though DLA tied with zoze at like 3 tournies.
No, we have been to two tournaments together. I placed higher at one and beat him in bracket. The other one we tied, but I placed higher in pools.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well they don't just throw money at the needy. The money that is donated to charities goes towards the already existing institutions that are set up in impoverished areas--institutions that desperately need funding. So you're right... people do a lot more than money can. It's just that the people who are already over there helping will be able to do a lot more to help than an American high school/college kid (not sure how old you are, sorry). And the money would go straight to them.

As for the religious aspect... I'm sure everyone reading this is going "nooo DLA don't start arguing about the existence of god!!!", so I won't lol.

I will say, however, that if the money that you'd spend on the plane ticket/room/food actually went towards feeding the hungry or curing the sick, it would do a lot more good in the world than if you used the money to fly over there just so that you get "strengthened spiritually." People are still suffering the same amount, whether you see it personally or not. And you don't actually have to fly over there to realize their plight and donate more money. Just use your imagination, or look at Youtube or something. The videos are really heartwrenching.

I'm not insulting you for wanting to do charity work... but hopefully you can see that it would be much more helpful and noble (albeit much more boring) to donate money directly to charity, rather than participating in some Christian group boondoggle just to feel "closer to god."

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I see your point. I also see why people do mission trips though, probably because I'm a Christian. I wouldn't mind debating the existence of God sometime either. But thats a very long debate. Maybe some other time.

I probably can't convice you over the internet that God exist, and that Jesus is the son of God. But I can at least show that believing in Jesus isn't irrational.

And that Christianity isn't such a bad thing to believe in.

"According to Passing the Plate, and the percentage of income donated to charity by the average nonbeliever was less than 1 percent. Compared the average evangelical Protestant who gave a sturdy 8.2 percent of annual income, according to surveys cited in the book."

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Did this really just go from Brawl to religion?

Zoze, you really can't win a religious debate with DLA, but good luck anyway.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
...hmm this might not turn out so good.

i should be mature and prevent this discussion from continuing, but it'd be interesting to see what'll happen.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Did this really just go from Brawl to religion?

Zoze, you really can't win a religious debate with DLA, but good luck anyway.
I've debated it over 100 times.

Atheist don't have a good answer as to how the world and everything in it was created without God. If they say evolution and try to defend it, then they lose the debate. The theory that random chance evolution created the world is so unlikely that it's not even worth trying to defend in a debate.

They also don't have a good answer to who Jesus was. You don't have to use the Bible to talk about Jesus's life. 1000s of people saw him in person and they wrote about it. There are lots of historians who write about Jesus and his works. People who saw him believed that he was God so much that they would die over it. And they did. 1000s of christians were stoned and burned at the stake. They would tell them "if you just say that Jesus isn't the son of God then you won't be burned alive", and they refused. There is no doubt that the disciples truly believed that Jesus was God because of their life after his death. Most of them were killed because of Jesus too. It's a historical fact that Saul hated Christians and killed them by the 100s. Then his life was suddenly, radically changed, and he ending up writing 3/4 of the new testament.

It's very hard explain how Jesus convinced 1000s of people that he was God. And how he got many people to write "I saw him heal my brother right before my eyes". How he got his disciples to believe that he was God when they were with him everyday. How he got his own family to believe that he was God.

In other religions, someone usually has a "vision" from God that no one else got to see. They write about it, and people believe it. The story of Jesus is quite different though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna say that I have no opinion on religion whatsoever, so I'm not gonna argue with you about anything.

Also, we shouldn't talk religion anyway, this is a PR thread...

Kirk

Smash Champion
We could just change the title...then everything would be A-OK.

In other news, I like the pretty colors in the OP. Very appealing to the eyes. :D

Top Bottom