• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Um, Nintendo doesn't agree. They don't ask people what they think, they know that Snap will be popular and sell well, and conversely, they don't release competition for it on the same day.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Um, Nintendo doesn't agree. They don't ask people what they think, they know that Snap will be popular and sell well, and conversely, they don't release competition for it on the same day.
"Competition?!"

:laugh:

You are hilarious. Nintendo still makes the money, regardless of what game is purchased on the VC. The remaining creators/studios that made the games will receive a stipend, sure, but the profit is Nintendo's.

And do you think I care about what Nintendo markets? Hell no. I'm only concerned about what I like and what I enjoy. If I don't like Pokemon Snap, then I don't like it. I don't care if Nintendo likes it because it makes them money. It's completely irrelevant to mention something like that to gamers, considering that personal preference usually overrides names or conventions.

Smooth Criminal

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Anyways back to Geno as this is what the topic is about. What would be his standard, smash and special moveset?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Pokemon Snap still sucks. So, yeah.
Not the point.

And isn't it pointless to stick around here if you don't support a character...?
You know better than this. Or at least I think you do. These boards aren't just for consensus BS, they are for debating as well. If these character support threads were filled with nothing more than monkeys nodding their heads in unison then there wouldn't be actual discussions.

If you don't support a character, saying why you don't isn't going to kill anybody.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I agree, the whole Pokemon conversation has gone way too far. If you want to carry this on, Snitch, take it to a Pokemon board somewhere, anywhere.

And before you ask, no, it's not that we can't defend our 'precious' Super Mario RPG against your Pokemon Snap arguments. The problem is that your discussion has no real relevence to Geno and should thus be removed from this topic.

Now, to get back on topic. I'd give you a moveset, Regal, but doing so is like mowing your lawn five times a day. Upon finishing, you notice that the last four times just didn't cut it.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I agree, the whole Pokemon conversation has gone way too far. If you want to carry this on, Snitch, take it to a Pokemon board somewhere, anywhere.

And before you ask, no, it's not that we can't defend our 'precious' Super Mario RPG against your Pokemon Snap arguments. The problem is that your discussion has no real relevence to Geno and should thus be removed from this topic.

Now, to get back on topic. I'd give you a moveset, Regal, but doing so is like mowing your lawn five times a day. Upon finishing, you notice that the last four times just didn't cut it.
ok. When your done i'd like to see it.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to post this for clarification for the ******* who questioned about it a bit ago

-While Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is definitely NOT happening, rumor has it that Square-Enix is finally working on a new Super Mario RPG for the NDS. This installment will crossover both the Final Fantasy worlds and the Mario world.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.. if I said.. "what game do you think of if I said Mario", is there anyone here that would say Super Mario RPG?

Theres nothing wrong with that if you do, I mean this is practically a Super Mario RPG support thread, but that isn't the point. There have been so many different games that Mario has been in, its difficult to choose just one. I'd be willing to bet that most older gamers would say "Super Mario Bros 1-3 of course", those that grew up in the 90s would probably be more inclined to say "Super Mario World, Mario Kart (64), Super Mario 64 etc.." I think you get the point. Mario doesn't belong to just one game and its difficult to say what makes him different throughout his games. Ok, so he gets FLUDD in certain games, I understand that much (or any other special tool for that matter but Mario will always have the same basic manuevers or moves for the most part).

But if I said.. "what game do you think of when I say Geno", almost everyone would say Super Mario RPG. The obvious reason being, thats the biggest role in a game he's ever had. The other one being is that Geno represents Super Mario RPG better than Mario himself. Geno is a clear distinction of what Super Mario RPG is. There is no mistaking him (if you've played Super Mario RPG, of course) but when it comes to Mario there are so many different things you could say.

I believe that Geno could represent Super Mario RPG very well in Brawl. I understand that Super Mario World was a HUGE game for the SNES, no question about it.. and its represented in Brawl. What about Super Mario RPG? Essentially, its the closet game to Super Mario World if you think about it. It probably has something to do with the fact that World was the first Mario game on SNES and SMRPG was the last Mario game on the SNES.

Just something to think about..

Top Bottom