• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So basically, Japan doesn't have any people?

That's not a very smart statement.
He was implying that the amount of people you know in Japan is next to nil.

GG, bud. Until you can show us hard proof, then you have lost any and all arguments against Geno in this thread. That "friend of a friend" bull**** is even worse than groundless opinions.

So, are you gonna tell us that Slime is going to be in now? That your "friend" mentioned that Sakurai and Company are putting him in the game as we speak?

Smooth Criminal

Enigma14

Smash Champion
IF Geno is updated I kinda hope he gets his old sounds back like whenever he hit someoene with his rocket punch

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah, I hope he gets retro sounds like Sonic (not sounds LIKE Sonic has, but he has sounds from SMRPG)

So, are you gonna tell us that Slime is going to be in now? That your "friend" mentioned that Sakurai and Company are putting him in the game as we speak?
Actually, I wouldn't mind that :ohwell:

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
GUYSSSSS!
I've heard rumors floating around that Super Mario RPG is being announced tomorrow on the VC... Geno, WILL be announced for Brawl tomorrow. Just you watch!

Ohgawdd I'm so excited. ._. . I'm gonna die if he isn't announced. ;_;

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
GUYSSSSS!
I've heard rumors floating around that Super Mario RPG is being announced tomorrow on the VC... Geno, WILL be announced for Brawl tomorrow. Just you watch!

Rumor was proven false. and VC titles come every Monday, not on Fridays.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
IF Geno is updated I kinda hope he gets his old sounds back like whenever he hit someoene with his rocket punch
hm, that's a good idea! Though it might be nice to have some new sound effects... the sound of his star gun isn't very intimidating.... though I agree that the rocket punch would sound great in the game

Enigma14

Smash Champion
hm, that's a good idea! Though it might be nice to have some new sound effects... the sound of his star gun isn't very intimidating.... though I agree that the rocket punch would sound great in the game
Still if Mario gets his sound affects and some of the others so should Geno and Mallow (If he's a AT)

Geno and Mallow pair is a stupid idea because they do better individually.

But yeah Geno sohuld keep his sounds effects. B up for uppercut and Geno Boost as taunt!

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i agree old sounds would be good but new sounds should also be added a little. And for the rumor guy we can only hope he is confirmed....no one knows for sure if hes even in the game no less gonna be confirmed on a specific date =[ except Sakurai

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Or the 15th when the roster might be spoiled, i hope its just the begginers...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Didn't the rumor say the starting roster?

I'm not expecting anything on Dec. 15th, as all rumors so far have been proven false.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
GUYSSSSS!

VC games are only added on mondays

Also i hope Geno is shown tomorrow, and about the rumor Curocuro has been right on previous occasions to do with Nintendo so i'm pretty sure they'll be right about Brawl as well.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yeah so SMRPG would the the huge release with pokemon snap and some other game as the average games that come with it.

Pokémon Snap sold much, much, much much more than SMRPG...

They actually modified the game to include the ability to post pictures on the Wii Message Board...

I'm pretty sure we know what the huge release is next week.

They're modifying the game to take advantage of a Wii feature, making it the only VC game to use any Wii features. Nintendo obviously disagrees with you on if Snap is a huge game.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
The only reason that anyone would mistake this game for a big title is because it bears the 'Pokemon' name. It's probably one of the worst selling Pokemon games out there. Adding Wii features doesn't make it huge. It just makes it different.

At any rate, we're way off topic here. Super Mario RPG may not have been a huge title by comparison of sales, but I think it's fairly understandable considerring the time period in which it was released.

It will sell much, much more this time around.

Furthermore, and I don't care if Sakurai himself disagrees with me, SMRPG's release on the VC is going to be rather successful . . . and hard to ignore. If there's a good opportunity to reveal a certain character, it will be soon after his VC debut.

Of course, that's saying that he's even in the game (which he should be).

Dude, do you realize how many copies this game sold? It sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. You make it sound like it was a commercial failure, when it sold better than both Mystery Dungeon and Ranger for the DS.

Also, you make it sound like it's nothing big that it's the first and only VC game to feature Wii features.

I never said SMRPG was not huge. I said that because it was huge, it's not going to be released alongside a 4 million seller.

Also, I was reading. I was reading someone saying that a four million selling game is not considered a "huge" game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dude, do you realize how many copies this game sold? It sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. You make it sound like it was a commercial failure, when it sold better than both Mystery Dungeon and Ranger for the DS.

Also, you make it sound like it's nothing big that it's the first and only VC game to feature Wii features.

I never said SMRPG was not huge. I said that because it was huge, it's not going to be released alongside a 4 million seller.

Also, I was reading. I was reading someone saying that a four million selling game is not considered a "huge" game.
Pokemon Snap still sucks. So, yeah.

And isn't it pointless to stick around here if you don't support a character...?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom