• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
It basically is a fact though, GP. That's the problem with this debate. When there is so much pointing at one side and so little pointing at the other, then it may as well be. Prove me wrong with something factual though. Don't just say that I shouldn't because it's wrong to assume. Actually make a point. I don't know that Birdo won't be a playable character, but I basicaly know it won't be. I don't know that the blue virus from Dr. Mario is not going to be in, but I basically do. Can you actually change Geno's situation?
Everyone and their mother knew Ice Climbers were cut before September 14, and everyone knew Ivysaur wouldn't be playable before August 13. This is a completely invalid argument on your part.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Theres something I'd like to point out.

IF Geno is 3rd party we get a update with vids right? Sakurai wants to show all the third party characters right? Thats why Sonic and Snake were released with vids. IF this is true then Geno gets a vid update. If not then we are still unclear on Geno's legal status.

Also if it is true about my above reply then shouldn't SE's name be at the bottom of the page if Geno is updated?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, on Nsider 2, some guy is saying that by inside sources, a character will be revealed tomorrow, with that rumor, and the Geno one saying that he will be updated this week, tomorrow is our day, but I don't really believe the rumors, but hey, who knows?
Wasn't Geno supposed to be revealed yesterday?

Yeah, don't assume that someone will show up tomorrow, I bet we'll get another really painful obvious one or something we already now

Thursday, December 6

STOCKS

What are stocks? You see those little dots by your characters name? Those show your stocks, or lives. when you fall off the stage, you lose a stock. When you run out of stocks, it's game over!

:urg:

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I have a friend in Japan too, who is a video game designer, but she doesn't know any more than we do, unless your friend works for Sakurai or Nintendo, he/she doesn't know anymore than we do.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That doesn't show what characters are in the game, that just shows which ones are announced so far. Dedede was in the game long before he was announced.
I thought it was a rather obvious display of sarcasm, but that's okay, it is hard to detect over the internet sometimes.

Unless this friend is Sakurai or someone who works closely with him, he's just as reliable as I am.
He's as reliable as me too.

Geno's in Brawl.

^See? Now we can all rest easy tonight.

1. Sakurai, or someone working on it. To clarify, he knows people at companies such as Nintendo, Namco Bandai, and Tecmo.

2. The person he talked to said that he "doesn't really care".

3. CoroCoro hasn't posted the roster yet? That's surprising. Except for the fact that they said they would December 15.

And you do realize that CoroCoro has strong ties to Nintendo and has had the exclusive on every main Pokémon game ever made?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Watch it guys, we've been avoiding straight out flaming for a while, so let's keep it that way.

As for what his attacks will sound like, I expect an updated, maybe even new sound for them. BUT, seeing how Sonic got Genesis-ere sound effects... :3

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
1. Sakurai, or someone working on it. To clarify, he knows people at companies such as Nintendo, Namco Bandai, and Tecmo.

2. The person he talked to said that he "doesn't really care".

3. CoroCoro hasn't posted the roster yet? That's surprising. Except for the fact that they said they would December 15.

And you do realize that CoroCoro has strong ties to Nintendo and has had the exclusive on every main Pokémon game ever made?
Please if your against Geno being in Brawl you have no right nor a good reason to stay here we'd like to have some peace and talk about Geno and stuff like that.

RDK

Smash Hero
What's with all of the trolls recently?

Listen, dude--you don't actually have sources from Japan that say a character's not in the game. You're ridiculous to think people would actually believe you without proof.

GTFO.

So... am I to understand that the people who want peace include someone who's cussing?

I see.

And, just curious, is your basis to disbelieve Mega Man not being in based on your fandom?

Consider this: Developers DO know people who work outside of gaming. And some developers DO talk to them about the games they're making.

Regardless, whether or not you want to believe me, this is how it is. Japan's a relatively small place, and someone who already knows people meeting another person in the company of his acquaintances is not very far fetched.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Jeez, of course Mega Man's not in the game.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html

Neither is Geno or Ridley.
No one can see through the sarcasm, sadly. :(

Seriously, no one is 100% confirmed unless it's on the Dojo, or I SAY SO! :grin: *says Geno, Megaman, and Ridley are all in Brawl, and leaves, and everyone celebrates*

:laugh:

Touched a nerve much, Looooni?

Name fits pretty well.
A Link to the Snitch, more like a Link to the Bulls***. Seriously...

MY INTERNETZ!

O, and I knowz thies non existente guy (My imaginary friend) in Japan, and hee siad taht 19 Naruto chracaters will bez ins Brawlz. Itsz gonnaz bes sicksz.
[/sarcasm]

:laugh:

What my source predicted is realistic.

What makes Mega Man "inevitable"? Did Sakurai necessarily ask Capcom to be a part of SSBB in any way?

And is your "non-existente guy" an administrator of a forum who posted impressions of WiiFit the first day of its release?

Cless

Smash Champion
What you source predicts may be realistic, but ultimately it's up to Sakurai and the dev team as to who's in or out.

No third party is inevitable. We're lucky to have two as it is.

D

Deleted member

Geno was on Sakurai's first party list so, that could be a sign. =D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But Geno is related, and this is about Geno. Geno wasn't in those games, despite it being Square and Nintendo teaming up again. If Geno gets in, then it's because Square and Nintendo teamed up again, and not just because of the permision for a cameo. The problem though is that through these recent team ups, it has become obvious that both companies don't care about Geno, even though they remembered SMRPG. Thus this relates to Brawl. Both companies are on good terms, but it still doesn't mean they care about Geno. Quite possibly because he's so minor.

So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Square Enix don't care about Geno at all because he wasn't made into a filler character for a basketball game (Mario Hoops 3 on 3) or a party game (Ikari street)? ... Once you analyze that for a bit, I think you'll understand the folly with that arguement. To use your same logic, I guess Nintendo and HAL LABORATORIES didn't care out King Dedede and that's why he didn't appear in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror or why Ridley wasn't in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes...

But you were saying that they hinted at Geno's inclusion. You acted like it was something that boosted Geno's chances, when it's clear it doesn't. There's a chance she could do that, but it's over 50% more likely that she has nothing to do with any game that she's worked on in the past, and even then she's listed under Kingdom Hearts. Even with the Sonic example, we don't even know if they are using that guy for the Sonic music at all. >_>

You know, despite the fact that a track from Sonic Adventure 2 battle has already been used... (Tomoko Sasaki who's listed under NIGHTS.) There's also the guy that created all the themes for the original game and it'd be foolhardy to believe that not a single one of those would be used. (Yuzo Koshiro listed under Actraiser and Streets of Rage.) Notice how both of these people were listed under games that had a freakishly small chance of appearing in Brawl in the first place. Now let's talk about Shimomura. She has done the music for 5 games on Nintendo consoles and 3 of them were Mario RPGs. Keep in mind that "Beware the Poison Mushrooms" was the only Mario tune that appeared in Sakurai's journal. With that said, you deny that there's correlation between some of the characters and the musicians and that simply isn't right.

I can distinctly tell that Mario appeared in SMRPG. Looking at the box, I can also tell Peach and Bowser were in it. Don't see Geno though. But really, what makes SMRPG important to Nintendo's history? (I won't comment on your G&W comment though, as that's your opinion....but really G&W is more important that loads of the other characters here)

Well, you ignored my list of why Super Mario RPG was an important game in Nintendo and Mario's history the first time I posted it so... I guess I'll list the most important reason: it was the first major console joint project between Nintendo and a third party. Keep in mind that back during that time, Nintendo was very hands off and usually didn't let people touch their franchises. Fast forward 11 years in the future and Nintendo is very open to third parties and has made quite a few joint project games with a decent number of third parties. Needless to say, this has been very important to Nintendo's survival.

Well actually, it's my personal opinion that if Geno was in, that you guys would be wrong about a good deal of his moveset, but that's not the point. I don't care if you want to hope, as that's your own thing. It's just claiming that he'll get in due to things that have been said in this topic, is something that will make me want to respond.

You talk as if we're requesting the Trix Rabbit or Santa Claus to be in Brawl. There's a decent amount of evidence that shows that Geno has a good shot at making it. Are you so biased against him that the meer thought of people actually wanting him makes you want to grind your teeth? You're not required to post in this thread...

It basically is a fact though, GP. That's the problem with this debate. When there is so much pointing at one side and so little pointing at the other, then it may as well be. Prove me wrong with something factual though. Don't just say that I shouldn't because it's wrong to assume. Actually make a point. I don't know that Birdo won't be a playable character, but I basicaly know it won't be. I don't know that the blue virus from Dr. Mario is not going to be in, but I basically do. Can you actually change Geno's situation?
[/QUOTE]

So much pointing at one side? What does Geno have really going against him? He'd be easier to obtain then a vast majority of other third party characters and a decent amount of people connected to him work for Nintendo so I don't see why Geno's chances are practically none-existant in your eyes.

My responses in red.

Top Bottom