• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
True, it'd be good either way, as long as he's playable. However, it'd be much better for our cause to be reassured, rather than constantly going through the same crap that we Geno fans are constantly forced to.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
It would be better if Geno is confirmed now, it would just save us a lot of trouble. A lot of people think Geno has a lot going against him and I'd love Geno's confirmation to prove those people horribly wrong.
Now: "Geno sucks. One game, ain't I a freaking genius?"
After confirmation: "Omgz Geno's moves = win! Great character"
The fans on this thread: *facepalm* - _ -

Enigma14

Smash Champion
if anything secret character after Jan 24.

IF the full roster is spoiled then...I've got nothing to look forward to Brawl but how to unlock them and play.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It would be better if Geno is confirmed now, it would just save us a lot of trouble. A lot of people think Geno has a lot going against him and I'd love Geno's confirmation to prove those people horribly wrong.
Now: "Geno sucks. One game, ain't I a freaking genius?"
After confirmation: "Omgz Geno's moves = win! Great character"
The fans on this thread: *facepalm* - _ -
That's whati'm thinking, they'll only hate him until he's confirmed.

...Dude, you know what games compete with each other?

ALL games. Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy are competing with each other, Viva Pinata and Halo 3 are competing, Drake and Ratchet & Clank are competing, solely because people are presented with the option of buying one game over the other. That's the exact reason why developers space games apart - if they don't, then gamers might pass up other titles. That's exactly why Professor Layton didn't make Christmas - it's an unknown title going up against many megaton video games.

They don't have to be two Mario RPGs to be in competition with each other. If three games comes out in a week and two of them are huge ones that will likely sell many copies, people are pressed to pick one or the other. Nintendo rarely does this because of that fact. They don't want people to be pressured, they want people to be more likely to buy the one well-known title because its only competition are much smaller games.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
if anything secret character after Jan 24.

IF the full roster is spoiled then...I've got nothing to look forward to Brawl but how to unlock them and play.
On the 15th Corocoro will have the full roster(most likely) in their mag.

And I will likely say "Omgz Geno's moves = win! Great character". Although a little more eloquently.

I never once said that Geno was a bad character, merely that I would rather have somebody else.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's just the starting roster.

Cless

Smash Champion
Spoil what? You don't want to know what characters you could possibly be using. The only thing I would consider a spoiler is anything about the end of the SE.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I'm just gonna unlock everything as fast as I can. I just don't like not having all the playable content. I respect the fact that you like to take your time though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, I'm just gonna unlock everything as fast as I can. I just don't like not having all the playable content. I respect the fact that you like to take your time though.
Thank you, but again its all custom and opinion on how we do things so yeah...plus this seems to be the only game that i feel like playing for like...till the next sequel if there is 1.

D

Deleted member

Well, personally, I need to see the update to prove my friends how wrong they are about Geno. That he did make it into Brawl but I guess being surprised in the game will be awesome too.

D

Deleted member

That's a real bummer. I was hoping it'd be this week. My hopes just seem to be getting higher and higher though for some strange reason. You know? I just have this feeling that every time tan update isn't him I just get more and more excited. Hopefully soon. Or if he just happens to be an unlockable (which he probably will be) I dunno if Sakurai will announce everyone. Oh well. Soon, my friends. Soon.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
...Dude, you know what games compete with each other?

ALL games. Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy are competing with each other, Viva Pinata and Halo 3 are competing, Drake and Ratchet & Clank are competing, solely because people are presented with the option of buying one game over the other. That's the exact reason why developers space games apart - if they don't, then gamers might pass up other titles. That's exactly why Professor Layton didn't make Christmas - it's an unknown title going up against many megaton video games.

They don't have to be two Mario RPGs to be in competition with each other. If three games comes out in a week and two of them are huge ones that will likely sell many copies, people are pressed to pick one or the other. Nintendo rarely does this because of that fact. They don't want people to be pressured, they want people to be more likely to buy the one well-known title because its only competition are much smaller games.
This argument sounds very familiar... "Sonic WON'T be in Brawl because SEGA will lose money off of every copy of Olympic Games because people are more inclined to buy Brawl". We all know how that turned out.. but anyways..

Not ALL games are in competition with each other how did you come up with that? A company doesn't compete with itself, thats a horrible argument. The company has people in charge of marketing and making sure that the games are appealing to the public. This means that Nintendo wouldn't deliberately release a game they knew wouldn't sell. It sounds like what you're saying is that everyone is entitled to buy one game and one game only and the game you buy will determine the fate of all the other games it competes with. Its a load of garbage and besides, who says that you won't end up buying all of the titles? Nintendo can practically do anything they want with Mario and Pokemon and it will sell like crazy.

By the way, if Brawl and Mario Galaxy came out on the same exact day, thats like saying one of them wouldn't sell well simply because of the other one even though they're two completely different/separate games.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea it just goes to show that pretty much every rumor about Geno is probably gonna be coincidence or false cause no one nos right now and they most likely wont leak. I just hope that hes in it and we get some new char updates, maybe even about Geno or hinting at least!
But todays update on the Dojo shows that unless u plan on ruining the characters we wont be able to go online til we already have them =), but also means that if u wanna cheat and see and play as a hidden char before u unlock them then u just go online ;)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Regardless, I don't think Nintendo (or Sakurai) is worried about Brawl not selling well. On top of that, it's one of the few games I can name that actually causes customers to go out and buy more games, mostly because they want to know the story of their favorite character/fighter.

People are going to buy the games they want, regardless of when they come out. They know well in advance when their favorite games are releasing and how much they cost. Consumers are generally prepared. Hell, we've known about Brawl for how long now?

If Super Mario RPG 2 came out on February 10th, I'd be picking up two reservations, not just one.

It all boils down to the idea that Sakurai doesn't really care if consumers go out and buy a PS3 and Metal Gear 4 after seeing Snake in Brawl. The customer has already bought his product and played his game. He knows that this game is going to be huge, and that it doesn't matter if people are still purchasing Metal Gear and Sonic games after playing Brawl. It's bound to happen either way.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Also Brawl is basically the biggest fan service ever so the characters we want in brawl will most likely get in.

I actually can see Brawl having more than 3 3rd paty characters.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Not only can I see it, but I'm going to wager that there will be. It's a bit fishy that the only statement where Sakurai addresses the amount of third party characters is now nowhere to be found. I'm thinking we'll be getting four or five.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yeah because just snake, sonic, and megaman'd suck we'd need like Geomon and Cecil in(or Geno if he'd count as 3rd party).

Cless

Smash Champion
I'd be extremely happy with just Snake, Sonic, and Megaman. There are lots of third party suggestions I just flat out do not like.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think those are as stupid as some of the other suggestions. Have you played Mischief Makers? I admit, it'd be difficult to make a moveset because all she does is throw, slide, and use her thrusters, but there's always ATs.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
What I always fail to understand is how so many people throw Geno in the same group as some of the more ridiculous characters (like a Dr. Mario virus or Link's uncle) - _ -.

Top Bottom