• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
What I always fail to understand is how so many people throw Geno in the same group as some of the more ridiculous characters (like a Dr. Mario virus or Link's uncle) - _ -.
Or when someone things Ordon Link has a better chance of being in Brawl than WW Link because he fits the style.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't. I think he has a better chance than most third parties do since this is a Nintendo icon fighting game and not Super Crossover Bros.

Ordon Link is TP Link. Where do people come up with this?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
What I always fail to understand is how so many people throw Geno in the same group as some of the more ridiculous characters (like a Dr. Mario virus or Link's uncle) - _ -.
Agreed.

That and when some people think that Waluigi is more deserving than Geno. >_> Seriously, how can people prefer a filler character from Mario games to someone as badass as Geno?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I don't. I think he has a better chance than most third parties do since this is a Nintendo icon fighting game and not Super Crossover Bros.

Ordon Link is TP Link. Where do people come up with this?
I don't know and i argued with those stuck-up brats for like over an hour, they think the only way WW Link'll get in is if he's made more realistic looking.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Well we wouldn't get stupid ones like Marina Lightyears or Earthworm Jim.
marina light year is a good character, play the game and you would understand why.
I don't think those are as stupid as some of the other suggestions. Have you played Mischief Makers? I admit, it'd be difficult to make a moveset because all she does is throw, slide, and use her thrusters, but there's always ATs.
she punches in the game (during ceartain cut scenes) even then, why does this rule out punches and kicks? captain falcon never did any of that in his games, and he freakin can use the falcon punch! please think first.
Agreed.

That and when some people think that Waluigi is more deserving than Geno. >_> Seriously, how can people prefer a filler character from Mario games to someone as badass as Geno?
HA! waluigi is definatly not a better rep than geno.
I don't know and i argued with those stuck-up brats for like over an hour, they think the only way WW Link'll get in is if he's made more realistic looking.
WW link doesnt fit in why? just look at G&W in melee, I am sure people would have said the same thing about him.

Cless

Smash Champion
She was saying that WW Link would fit in and they thought that he wouldn't.

Captain Falcon is an exception. He didn't have anything so Sakurai could essentially make up a character and a whole bunch of moves that fit that character. Marina already has a personality and the vast majority of the things she does are shaking and throwing. I'm sure that they could make up a moveset for her, but what would he b moves be? Punching a perverted professor doesn't count for much. Actually, I need to play that game again, or just collect the rest of the yellow gems.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Even so, there are a lot of characters in Smash Bros that utilize abilties that aren't found in their respective games. It's all a matter of checks and balances. Some characters need to be brought up to speed. Others need to be dumbed down a bit to fit the format.

Ironically, you're posting in the Geno thread, focusing on a character that doesn't really have much aside from gun hands and special moves. He would need to have kicks, punches, and (especially) aerials added to his moveset in order to make him a complete fighter.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, but it's easy to make a moveset with Geno when he has a bunch of special abilities, blasts, punches, guns, etc and is from an RPG with a bunch of fighting moves.

I really wish they had Link's Ordon clothing swap in Brawl. He looked cool with it.

WW Link does not belong. Oh let's make a new character because he looks different. Let's put LoZ Link, Lttp Link, LA's Link, OoT Young Link, and MM Young Link in also while we're at it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Random thought: Do you guys have any good ideas for taunts for Geno?

...I just thought of one: *Geno nods head after killing opponent* GENOCIDE!!!!!!!

XD XD XD...... ehhhh my sense of humor sucks lol

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Great moveset for Geno, McFox. I still think that Geno's up B move should be Geno Boost, and instead of it saying Attack up (like in Mario RPG) it should say Jump Up! Geno has a lot of potential, I mean he has his Unarmed move, Finger Shot, Hand Gun, Double Punch, Hand Cannon, and Star Gun in SMRPG! Geno for Brawl!

AIM0001

Smash Lord

...I just thought of one: *Geno nods head after killing opponent* GENOCIDE!!!!!!!

I'd say that's a good taunt for him.

Erm, TWW Link is the most common design. And after TP bombed in Japan, don't expect the next console Zelda to be realistic.

He's indisputably the most significant version of Link nowadays.

RDK

Smash Hero
Erm, TWW Link is the most common design. And after TP bombed in Japan, don't expect the next console Zelda to be realistic.

Wow. Just wow.

New amounts of fail have been reached. I am literally blind from exposure.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
The only Zelda reps I would want to see are Ganondorf and Sheik.

Anyways back to Geno, I don't consider him to be one of my "top five" characters, but he is in my top 10 in a list I made long ago for another forum.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

Zelda isn't that popular in Japan to begin with. Phantom hourglass only did well because it's for the DS. The japanese love the DS more than they love rice. =P

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

eh, what I meant to say was "taunt messages" >__> oops

Wow, what a bunch of bull****.
Yeah, reality's a bunch of **** huh?

Zelda TP = 500k
Zelda TWW = 800k
Zelda PH - 1,000k

TP is the worst selling main Zelda in Japan of this and last gen.

Zelda Four Sword
Zelda Four Sword Adventures
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Zelda Minish Cap

Zelda Twilight Princess
Zelda OoT
Zelda Majora's Mask

Five games using cartoony Link, three games using any variation of realistic Link.

At no point is any of my statement BS - unless, of course, you don't like the facts.

Just because you don't want Wind Waker Link or prefer TP Link doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Alright, last night I posted something here but I had to go so I didn't get to see peoples suggestions. So, I'm going to repost it.

Ok, so, basically, I've created a stage for Geno. I'm not completely done yet, because I need you guys's help on one thing. The pass-through platforms. Where should I position them? Aside from that, the Geno stage is ready. I just need to know where to put the pass-through platforms.

Should I make it like the battlefield, with 2 on bottom and 1 on top? One moving one like smashville? 1 non-moving one like meta knights ship? I need your opinions to know how to make them.

To give you a better idea, the stage is Geno's forest...the Forest Maze. And it's a static stage, not dynamic. Thanks. :)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Seems like a lot of you think the same way I do:

1) Megaman X
2) Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
3) Bowser (Moreso the way he's depicted in Smash Bros. - A badass, if you will.)
4) Fei (Xenogears)
5) Mario (of course)
6) Cloud Strife
7) Geno
8) Frog (Chrono Trigger)
9) The Arbiter (Halo 2 and 3. I know . . . I know . . . shoot me.)
10) The evil robot from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (His name escapes me at the moment, but face it, his character and dialogue was pure comedic gold.)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
lol nice list Copperpot, well here is mine:

1) Mario (Mario series of course)
2) Sonic (Sonic The Hedghog Series)
3) Toni Cipriani (GTA LCS)
4) Max Payne (Max Payne 1 and 2)
5) Frog (Chrono Trigger)
6) Geno (SMRPG)
7) Sora (Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2)
8) Solid Snake (MGS & MGS 2)
9) Tommy Vercetti (GTA VC)
10) Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
The main character of LCS doesn't actually have his name spelled with an i does he?
Yep, he does, I thought it was weird too, I always used to spell it with a "y", until people told me it was with an "i". I looked it up and apparently its true.

This argument sounds very familiar... "Sonic WON'T be in Brawl because SEGA will lose money off of every copy of Olympic Games because people are more inclined to buy Brawl". We all know how that turned out.. but anyways..

Not ALL games are in competition with each other how did you come up with that? A company doesn't compete with itself, thats a horrible argument. The company has people in charge of marketing and making sure that the games are appealing to the public. This means that Nintendo wouldn't deliberately release a game they knew wouldn't sell. It sounds like what you're saying is that everyone is entitled to buy one game and one game only and the game you buy will determine the fate of all the other games it competes with. Its a load of garbage and besides, who says that you won't end up buying all of the titles? Nintendo can practically do anything they want with Mario and Pokemon and it will sell like crazy.

By the way, if Brawl and Mario Galaxy came out on the same exact day, thats like saying one of them wouldn't sell well simply because of the other one even though they're two completely different/separate games.
If SSBB and Galaxy were both released on the same day in December, what happens?

I'm sure someone who wants both will necessarily get both.

If they have to pick one or the other, that reduces sales, and potentially damages one of theirs, or even both. Games compete for money. It's not like people aren't going to pick and choose JUST because they share the same publisher. Third party games often get hurt by bigger and better Nintendo games, so why in the world aren't Nintendo games competing for the buyer's dime?

It's basic marketing. A company spreads releases apart so there can be more immediate sales and profit. Even if you ignore the fact that all companies do this all the time, it's not only basic marketing that says you don't know what you're talking about, it's that your insinuations contradict reality, the reality that Nintendo rarely ever puts two major releases on the VC up against each other. They're going to want to keep weekly VC launches going as long as they can, so why would they give us more huge games per week?

List of weekly releases that had more than one major game:

Launch week (obvious reason why)

And that's about it. We've seen multiple great games, but not necessarily those that will sell. And on top of that, sometimes we don't even get GOOD games in a week.

Top Bottom