• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

I'm borderline on subject - the whole point of the argument is that SMRPG most likely will not come out this Monday. But yes, I'll drop it.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys. It's done. I've finished Geno's stage.

Here it is, the Forest Maze! Geno was seen here for the first time in Super Mario Rpg for the Snes. This takes place on the big tree stump, where you fight Bowyer.

The tree stump is the main platform, with a pass-through platform above you. Also, on the left and right side of the stage are two trees that you can jump onto.

Just make sure not to fall in the gap between the trees and the tree stump!

(( Alright, for stage hazards, there's two ways it could go. So I made them both. Let me know which one you guys think is better. ))

Stage Hazard 1:

Bowyer jumps into the background as a stage hazard! But what's this? It appears he's throwing arrows. These arrows look familiar...they are the arrows Bowyer threw at you in Super Mario Rpg! Make sure they don't hit you...

Stage Hazard 2:

Bowyer jumps into the background as a stage hazard! But what's this? It appears he's holding a Snes controller...but why is there an X on it? This looks familiar...Bowyer just blocked out one of the buttons! Now you can't use a certain button, but which one? It's chosen randomly, so you'll have to find out for yourself.

Although, from this picture, it looks like the jump button has been blocked! Oh no...what are you going to do if you fall!?

Eventually, Bowyer will leave and the button that was blocked will be restored. But he might come back and block out another button, so watch out!

So, what do you guys think? :)

Cless

Smash Champion
It looks ok, I guess, but Bowyer disabling buttons ftl. It's cool and funny in an RPG. In a fighting game, it'll just be annoying and stupid.

D

Deleted member

I'm making a stage too but it takes place in Star Road. Once I am finished, I will post it here and the SBB Stage section of the boards.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Personally I thought the button cancelling thing for the stage would be awesome....but I also think it may turn some people away from the stage. So instead I opt for Bowyer to shoot his Flunkie arrows and if youre hit you take 5% damage and cant move for 3 seconds or something. I think Bowyer's stump platform is good for the battlefield....but it lacks aerial platforms. its pretty much just a straight stage with gaps and thats no fun. It needs some to hover over it. That idea requires more thought. Brainstorm people. Think of something to be proud of lol.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Blocking either the B or A buttons instead of all of them would probably be better. Fighting using specials only for a brief period would be interesting :p .

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Solid idea for a stage, wouldn't be surprised if the final version of his stage, if he got confirmed, was similar to the likes of that.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
However due to copyright and complications I doubt he will get a stage, song? Yes, stage no.

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a lot of you think the same way I do:

1) Megaman X
2) Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
3) Bowser (Moreso the way he's depicted in Smash Bros. - A badass, if you will.)
4) Fei (Xenogears)
5) Mario (of course)
6) Cloud Strife
7) Geno
8) Frog (Chrono Trigger)
9) The Arbiter (Halo 2 and 3. I know . . . I know . . . shoot me.)
10) The evil robot from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (His name escapes me at the moment, but face it, his character and dialogue was pure comedic gold.)
Lol, why isn't Fei at number one, and wheres Citan? =P

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
If you ask me Bowyer should be a boss in the SSE. Have it be "Geno's
Boss". Have those purple blocks back, and instead of the blocks having
"X", "Y", and "A" have the blocks say "Jump", "Smash Attack", "Special
Attack", "Standard Attack", or even "Final Smash". Bowyer can shoot an
arrow at the blocks. "When a target it hits, that button... LOCKED!"

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
Bowyer would most likely be an assist trophy....70% chance
20% chance of being a boss
other 10 is not even being in it, because hes just a boss of several in rpg

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Seems like a lot of you think the same way I do:

1) Megaman X
2) Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
3) Bowser (Moreso the way he's depicted in Smash Bros. - A badass, if you will.)
4) Fei (Xenogears)
5) Mario (of course)
6) Cloud Strife
7) Geno
8) Frog (Chrono Trigger)
9) The Arbiter (Halo 2 and 3. I know . . . I know . . . shoot me.)
10) The evil robot from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (His name escapes me at the moment, but face it, his character and dialogue was pure comedic gold.)
OMG! Fei?! From Xenogears?!

Copperpot, you have reached a new level of awesome. I thought I was the only person in the god**** hemisphere that has played Xenogears.

If I were to give a top ten list, it would be as follows:

1) Sonic the Hedgehog (Laugh all you want, son. I got mad love for the Blue Blur---even though it's waned with the advent of his craptastic 3-D outings.)

2) Master Chief (Reading the Halo fiction and falling in love with Halo's setting has kicked everybody's favorite MJOLNIR-wearing badass to the number 2 slot.)

3) Sol Badguy & Justice (A tie. Whenever I think of the GG franchise, these two characters come to mind: Sol, the eternal badass and Justice, the "Savior of Gears." Both of these characters simply ooze cool.)

4) Bowser (The Mario RPGs have shed some well-needed light on this character. It's not so much his bad-assery that appeals to me; it's the fact that he's the reluctant hero in some of the games. His script is pure comedic gold sometimes.)

5) Cloud Strife ("BAWWWW! CLOUD'S EMO AND ANNOYING! BAWWWW!" That's all I hear out of people's mouths when I mention this character. I want to laugh, really, 'cause most of the people that say that prefer Squall from FF8 and they are essentially cut from the same cloth.)

6) Solid Snake (I don't think I need to say anything here. Awesome, awesome character.)

7) Mewtwo (I can't really articulate why I love Mewtwo so **** much. Pokemon is not one of my favorite franchises; in fact, I consider it a "guilty pleasure" of my gaming repertoire. This roughly translates to "yeah, I play the games but you wouldn't catch me dead vouching for anything else from the franchise." I just like his design and the fact that he's a psionicist of some kind...?)

8) Lenneth (If you've played the very first Valkyrie Profile, you'd know who I was talking about. Two words: NIEBULUNG VALESTI!)

9) Ryu ("Whenever I put on this headband, I ask myself: Am I worthy of this fight?" Five bucks goes to anybody who tells me where this famous Ryu quote came from.)

10) Scorpion, Megaman X, and Ridley ("GET OVER HERE!" Yup, that about sums Scorpion up. And Megaman? Well, he's awesome. Ridley? Plasma-breathing dragon with super intelligence? Definitely up there in my book.)

Geno IS somewhere on that list. It is very hard for me to quantify favorite things.

Edit: *facepalm.* I forgot Kirby and Metaknight. Oh, well. They're somewhere on that list, too.

Smooth Criminal

Enigma14

Smash Champion
This isn't the list your fav. new comers topic!

ok...

If Geno is in will he be visiting Earth for fun or for stars? Personally I just hope its for him to see how the others are doing.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
you have to remember, hidden characters are NOT ANNOUNCED on the website, so theres a good chance that Geno is already in the game but we just don't know it yet, same could be true for Gannondorf, Shiek (if shes a diff char from zelda) Luigi, ect. but we cant know for sure of course

Enigma14

Smash Champion
^true been saying that for a while now, however everyone knows of the original 4 secret characters Ness might be/is gone.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
This isn't the list your fav. new comers topic!

ok...

If Geno is in will he be visiting Earth for fun or for stars? Personally I just hope its for him to see how the others are doing.
hmmm.... personally I can't see him visiting just for fun, but I guess that would just be my interpretation of his personality :p .

Chepe

Smash Lord
One thing that all Geno fans must consider: Are you prepared to see Geno with a facelift? Somehow, if Geno gets in Brawl, I doubt he will look exactly like he does in his SMRPG artwork. His clothes might be changed too, adding pants or something...

Look at Meta Knight, Dedede, Pit, and Fox. Sakurai and co. added quite a bit of original touches to these characters, as they dont look or wear exactly like they do in their games...

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Let's say Geno does get in, how could he affectively be placed in the Subspace Emissary?

I thiknk maybe he could be he could be sort of sent down from the heavens just like he was in Mario RPG, only this time he rejoins Mario and co. It would genrerally be the same idea, only different purpose.

And another thing..... how best do you think can sakurai implement a mvoeset for a character that utilizies only projectiles. He has his arm shot, bullet shot, dual arm shot, geno beam, geno boost, geno whirl, geno blast, and geno flash, of which the lst two could easily be a finbal smash, and the rest of which would be suited for speical moves. what knd of physical melee moves could we get out of him?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
One thing that all Geno fans must consider: Are you prepared to see Geno with a facelift? Somehow, if Geno gets in Brawl, I doubt he will look exactly like he does in his SMRPG artwork. His clothes might be changed too, adding pants or something...

Look at Meta Knight, Dedede, Pit, and Fox. Sakurai and co. added quite a bit of original touches to these characters, as they dont look or wear exactly like they do in their games...

That's true, especially considering that the character art from SMRPG was deformed:
http://www.smrpglegacy.com/Nintendo Pictures/Super Mario RPG/mario.gif <-lol

They can do with him what they want as far as I'm concerned, as long as he looks cool in the end.

Top Bottom