• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Another thing I realized that Geno fans must think about is Geno's voice... I somehow hear him with a British accent, heh...

And thinking of a "Geno joins the Brawl" video is also worthy of discussion. Oh how I hope Coro Coro releases all the characters...
You better hope Geno's a starter then, because CoroCoro's only revealing the starting roster.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully theyll reveal the secret characters too (crosses fingers). From the way Sakurai sounded on the Dojo there must be quite a few....

"And there is one more important thing...

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles."

If he's making a big deal about this then surely there are plenty to look forward to lol.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I doubt theyll reveal the whole roster. Sakurai seems real keen about not spoiling anything....but I also think he may have given up hope on keeping secrets lol.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai really wants to surprise us, so he won't have the WHOLE roster revealed, that's up to the players in Japan, and if they take to long, it is up to us.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I doubt theyll reveal the whole roster. Sakurai seems real keen about not spoiling anything....but I also think he may have given up hope on keeping secrets lol.
He also basically said he doesn't care if they get spoiled.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I think he means after the game is out, because it will take him a while to update every single playable character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Honestly, I will have to fight myself to not go to a cheats website and spoil it for myself at or following release.

(Too hard to not spoil it though, really want to see who made the final cut.)

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Well the good thing is that Geno's story in the Subspace Emissary is beyond easy to fit in. Geno is such a great character simply because of how little we know about him and how much he actually has. I mean Geno DOES have a reason to come and help save Earth (or whatever world they're on) because if the Subspace monsters come and annhiliate everyone, who's going to make wishes? Its a time of international crisis in Subspace and I think Geno has more than enough good reasons to come visit. It would be bizare if the star folk chose not to do anything and watch Mario's world get engulfed in purple soda.. I mean.. haze.. I mean.. argh.. well you get the point! Evil purple stuff! *Ahem*... I have a question for you guys. Did Exor accidentily destroy the Star Road or was it intentional? I mean it seems like Smithy doesn't know TOO much about the Star Road at first but man, Geno was like America during World War II. Just minding their own business and then BOOM. Exor messed with Geno's Star Road and that made him mad. But maybe its more than that.. maybe Geno comes to help Mario during times of crisis. Then again... well... Bowser DID have the Star Rod thing in Paper Mario and the seven star spirits barely stood a chance. Hmm.. its difficult to say, maybe the Subspace baddies will visit the Star Road and Geno realizes he needs to help. Any ideas?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
It is said that Geno is still watching over Mushroom Kingdom from the stars.

And I'm not too sure as to if Exor split Star Road intentionally.

But I agree, from what we've got from SMRPG, Geno's bound to fit into SSE like a charm.

EDIT - When Smithy launched his attack on Mushroom World, he decided to make Bowser's Keep his base of operations. Thus Exor, the dimensional gateway to Smithy's world, crashed into the castle and occupied it. However, as Exor fell from the sky, he shattered the Star Road.

Source

D

Deleted member

Exor worked for Smithy. He purposely crashed through Star Road and Geno didn't help Mario. It's the other way around. Mario, Mallow, Peach and Bowser helped Geno reclaim the Star Pieces and defeat Smithy. ^^

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Bonsly. Bleh. Why must sucky updates get their own respective days? Why not pair two sucky things into a double update?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Or it is much likelier that he is having to pull updates out of his *** to stall because of the delay...

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why he broke the pattern of new characters announced every other month, starting with the first day. Doesn't seem right.

Oh well. I still have faith that there will be a new character announced by the end of this week. Keeping fingers crossed!

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe he ever had any patterns.....
August 1st - Ike was announced.
October 1st - Lucas was announced.

August (13th and 22nd) - Pokémon Trainer and Diddy Kong were announced.
October (10th and 25th) - Sonic and King Dedede were announced.

Obviously there was a pattern with every other month being 'new character' month. One is coincidence, two is a pattern. Not a good pattern, but one nevertheless. Oh well. Guess it's not, since December was a bust. :p

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I've seen all the threads on every possible pattern, but they always get disporved and I felt dumb for actually believeing in some of the months ago.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I know I am, poor people in Europe, especially if there are Geno fans over there and Geno is confirmed as a playable character with top tier moves.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
We'll know if Geno is in or not on Saturday, because it said ALL characters.

The thing is called something like Super Smash Bros Brawl: All character big book

I trust CoroCoro, and I'm believeing thtat we will have the entire roster on December 15th. So the question of Geno in Brawl should finally be answered.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We'll know if Geno is in or not on Saturday, because it said ALL characters.

The thing is called something like Super Smash Bros Brawl: All character big book

I trust CoroCoro, and I'm believeing thtat we will have the entire roster on December 15th. So the question of Geno in Brawl should finally be answered.
They possibly didn't translate it right, though..
I hope it is all the characters.
Geno 4 brawl!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I finally downloaded Super Mario RPG (and playing the game on my computer sucks; as soon as it becomes available on the Wii's Virtual Console, I am SO switching to that!).

So, now that I'm actually playing as Geno, and got to know him more, I say Geno totally owns, and he so belongs in Brawl!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
August 1st - Ike was announced.
October 1st - Lucas was announced.

August (13th and 22nd) - Pokémon Trainer and Diddy Kong were announced.
October (10th and 25th) - Sonic and King Dedede were announced.

Obviously there was a pattern with every other month being 'new character' month. One is coincidence, two is a pattern. Not a good pattern, but one nevertheless. Oh well. Guess it's not, since December was a bust. :p
You mean November right? Because Decembers still happening.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would agree there, he has not done a character update in a long time...I mean a whole month without a new character... Geno has a higher chance to get in then Krystal...4 character votes, come one put him in...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I hope he decides to confirm a character soon. I'm pretty sure when we finally see one, that'll be the cue that means we're seeing unlockables and we'll see them more frequently.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
When Corocoro reveals the roster, I don't want to see every character in the game and spoil myself, but I do want to know if Geno is in. So what I'm gonna do, when it's posted, I'm going to go to the page and use the "find" option to find Geno. Hopefully I'll see Geno on that list. :)

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
sry to break in but but vote for Geno on the character battle under forum games cause him and Ganon are tied and we need vote =]
And yea if we dont get some good updates soon im gonna die lol

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Good news, you guys - turns out this CoroCoro thing is revealing the entire roster, not just the starters. In less than a week, we'll finally know if Geno's playable.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Good news, you guys - turns out this CoroCoro thing is revealing the entire roster, not just the starters. In less than a week, we'll finally know if Geno's playable.
How do you know it's gonna be the whole roster?

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea it could just be a rumor. Ill just be content with the starting roster though and i believe samuraipanda he has no reason to lie!

Top Bottom