• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea i no um just saying i wont be mad if they dont give the full roster
But man ive been looking at all this mario rpg stuff and now i want to beat it.....again 100% which ive only done once. If i dont now i no i will on the VC or maybe ill do it now on my good ole SNES =]]]!!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Translation:

The January [2008] issue of Coro Coro Comics, set to go on sale on December 15, includes a guidebook for Smash Bros. X [Brawl] in which all characters are explained.

This guide, "SMASH BROS. X ALL CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK," explains all characters in a single volume!

Guide includes:
All Characters, Including Hidden Ones
Assist Figures
Set To Go On Sale December 15th

Entire. And wanna know why else I believe that?

1. CoroCoro has gotten pre-release info like this in the past. Pokemon anyone?
2. It's the January issue technically, and Brawl's release date in Japan is January.
3. It's stupid to release it as anything else.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Translation:

The January [2008] issue of Coro Coro Comics, set to go on sale on December 15, includes a guidebook for Smash Bros. X [Brawl] in which all characters are explained.

This guide, "SMASH BROS. X ALL CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK," explains all characters in a single volume!

Guide includes:
All Characters, Including Hidden Ones
Assist Figures
Set To Go On Sale December 15th

Entire. And wanna know why else I believe that?

1. CoroCoro has gotten pre-release info like this in the past. Pokemon anyone?
2. It's the January issue technically, and Brawl's release date in Japan is January.
3. It's stupid to release it as anything else.
That was proven to be inaccurate by Buzz, we still dont know for sure if it's gonna be the whole roster or just starting characters.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
That was proven to be inaccurate by Buzz, we still dont know for sure if it's gonna be the whole roster or just starting characters.
...it wasn't proven inaccurate...his "translations" don't worrent anything compared to Samuraipandas.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Uhh.. oh boy... time to ban myself off the internet as off December 15, if the entire roster will be revealed :/

I could've been good by knowing the starters only. I admit there's just ONE character I'm interested to find.. but not at the risk of spoiling myself the rest of the roster.. (even worse if I spoil myself and HE is not in).

Snakz

Smash Ace
Honestly i dont really care if the translation was right or wrong, im saying that i dont have any reason to believe that they'll actually reveal the whole roster with this december issue, it doesn't make much sense to me.

It seems more likely that they'll reveal just the starting roster, whether it contains characters we know are in or not.

Im not getting my hopes up.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Why would they make an extensive guide for characters we already have? Most of the revealed characters are either LIKELY starters, or ARE starters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hopefully if it's only the starting roster we AT LEAST Get some new characters added to it, I Won't get my hopes up for that through since it would just be something like "ZOMG CAPTAIN FALCON AND KRYSTAL ARE ADDED WITH SHIEK, yay!"

...Wait now this has started to turn into corocoro discussion <_<...Geno anyone? Wow we have discussed this to death...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Why would they make an extensive guide for characters we already have? Most of the revealed characters are either LIKELY starters, or ARE starters.
Alright this is the last thing ill say about this cause this is turning into a coro coro discussion.

Most Japanese didn't go to E for All, and most people looking forward to this game dont know anything about E for All and the things we discovered there, so it could be to let those people know.

Besides, Coro corr is somewhat known for rehashing old Dojo info.

There is a slight chance that if they reveal a starting roster, it could include a character we dont already know about. Plus they could give us their opinions on how the characters play instead of relying on Gimpy's info, which mind you is from the demo, the game play could have drastically changed by now.

And thats all.

So yea, back to Geno!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hmm i can't think of a good enterance idea for geno....Really....Anyone got a good one?
I always thought this be the perfect entrance for Geno.

As the battle screen fades in, you'll see a Geno doll sitting there already on the stage, then when it comes Geno's turn to enter the stage, a beam of light shines from the heavens onto the doll, you see a sparkle enter the doll, and Geno comes to life rather animatedly (think when the dolls in the beginning of the SSB64 intro vid came to life).

Now of course this happens all within about 2 seconds or less (however long it takes)

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When it's counting down 3,2,1, the doll is already laying there on the stage, and a star with a trail of light behind it quickly enters Geno, and he jumps up. I can see it happening in my mind right now. :)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I always thought this be the perfect entrance for Geno.

As the battle screen fades in, you'll see a Geno doll sitting there already on the stage, then when it comes Geno's turn to enter the stage, a beam of light shines from the heavens onto the doll, you see a sparkle enter the doll, and Geno comes to life rather animatedly (think when the dolls in the beginning of the SSB64 intro vid came to life).

Now of course this happens all within about 2 seconds or less (however long it takes)
Probably something were it closes in and his spirit goes in really fast as he is already on the stage ? Nice idea however...Probably one of the best enterance idea's i've heard so far.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
For returning Characters:

Marth
Mr. Game and Watch
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Roy (no chance, but I Like to hope)

For Newcomers:

Ridley
Geno
Character for icon 15
Character for Icon 21
To be quite honest that's not to far off from the offical roster...
Mine are; (I'll put em in spoil boxes to keep this "Geno" Related.)
Falco
Claus
Geno
Ridley
WWLink
Demiru (Yeah it won't happen...Probably not.)
Animal Crosser
Isaac

So let's now keep this "Geno" Related, Hmm a good enterance could be were he pops out of his cannon (Flash) Or one of his other moves could be used as his enterance, I Like the idea's i've heard so far for it.
@Snakz,
I Replied to the pm you sent me

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hey everyone, want another rumor? :D

Don't know what it says, but this was posted in another topic. I can't read the language it's in, so any help would be appreciated. It was posted as a CoroCoro leak.

http://www.wiionly.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=4187

Look who is on it. :D.

I must say, if this rumor turns out to be true I'd be quite happy. Though I'm more skeptical than ever about it.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
their missing Claus and Macaiah also the people who were posting are just stating the "falseness" of the list well more because Ness and AC Villager is on it.

Snakz

Smash Ace

Don't know what it says, but this was posted in another topic. I can't read the language it's in, so any help would be appreciated. It was posted as a CoroCoro leak.

I must say, if this rumor turns out to be true I'd be quite happy. Though I'm more skeptical than ever about it.
This is pretty old, Im sure this is the same roster the guy from GameFAQs posted, who later admitted it was a fake.

For one it's got Ness, and not Claus...seriously, WTF.

I love Ness, but he aint comin back...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

MOld News, It was proven false but you never know...Some guy back at the time of melee posted the full melee roster (Or most.) And people were like "DoC? Pichu? G&W? -Insert another char here- IMPOSSIBLE!" And it happened...However that would be the perfect roster if you trash ness then put in claus and put in some random japan only and retro character then you have the perfect roster.(Through i'm likin mai wwlink falco and geno on there :D.)

Hmm what other things, We discussed enterances for him...How about taunts ;)?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
To make that list perfect they should add Claus, Ray MK 01, Takamaru, Macaiah, and Starfy...and not drop Ness.

Though if Ness is out he should be a super powerful AT where he uses PSI Rockin Omega on the entire screen

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
To make that list perfect they should add Claus, Ray MK 01, Takamaru, Macaiah, and Starfy...and not drop Ness.

Though if Ness is out he should be a super powerful AT where he uses PSI Rockin Omega on the entire screen
Unfortunantly it's very unlikely that 3 Mother reps would be allowed, F-zero would at least need 2 to compete with that.....
Ray makes sence...Or andy...I'm thinking Muddy mole for retro personally and Demiru for japan only (Or sukapon for one of those to.) I Support michiah as well but the third FE Rep seems iffy at this point.

Once again:Geno's taunts, I Think one could be were he nods his head probably at the screen? Just an idea.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

....I can't believe a joke thread on gamefaqs got this out of hand.......

Top Bottom