• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Cless

Smash Champion
No, why would it be? He could be a secret character, like actually secret. I mean, Geno's inclusion wouldn't be as groundbreaking as Snake's or Sonic's. It wouldn't generate that much hype.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Heres a question. If Luigi is not revealed on The Dojo or Famistu character roster, is that bad news for luigi by any chance???

See how silly of a question that is? Being revealed before release is meaningless.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It could potentially be bad, but I wouldn't trust Famitsu with the dog droppings in my backyard, let alone the Brawl roster.

As far as the Dojo is concerned, whether or not we are going to see the entire roster before release is entirely debatable, so there's no use in letting your emotions get the best of you if you don't see him by then.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Whens this game released in Japan again? Jan. 24th right? If I am wrong then please correct me cuz I want to get this right.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Most of you people don't seem to get that I am not trying to change your opinions of Geno. I for one love Geno. I am just not blinded because of that. He has little chance.

Can you provide us with any factual information regarding Brawl that hinders Geno's chances?

(By the way, where was Crono? He is certainly more popular than Geno could ever dream of being and yet he wasn't in those titles you were referring to either)
Those games had FF and DW character cross overs with Mario. Geno is a Mario character. Crono is a CT character, and not FF or DW. Thus there's a problem if Geno is not it, because his franchise is there, while it's not a problem for Crono.

If you don't care who I like and who I want then you wouldn't be in the Geno thread trying to debate with everyone. You don't talk about his chances in Brawl, you're over here talking about some DS games that have absolutely no relevance to Brawl (to our knowledge). You can't provide any factual information AGAINST Geno's inclusion on the playable roster list.
Like I said before, I'm not trying to change your opinions on Geno, just say that your arguments for him are pointless. There are no facts at this point, because that's the way it works. In contrast though there are multiple things which point to Geno not being included, in opposition. Those DS games are examples of where Geno could have gotten in, but didn't. It's evidence that Nintendo doesn't care about Geno.

For the record there have been hints other than people requesting him and they've been mentioned plenty of times in this thread before.

1) Sakurai has acknowledged Geno's existence and has even recorded some of the requests for Geno in his journal. Hmm.. not too many characters have been recorded and publically displayed in that journal to the same degree Geno has.. by the way who is Sakurai again? Whoever he is, I'm sure he has absolutely nothing to do with Brawl..
Well I went over this but...Link's Uncle, Kawashima, Blue Virus from Dr. Mario, and more are all on Sakurai's journal. Additionally, it's been noted many times in this topic that the complete number of votes is inconclusive at best. But the fact that Sakurai knows who he is trivial at best, since this is the guy who basically knows all these characters. Knowing does not mean a inclusion. If you knew how Sakurai responded though, then we'd have a totally different ball game. In the end though, we don't have them, and the poll in itself is a completely flawed thing to make the only conclusion. Heck, as said before, the most requested character wasn't even shown once.

2) Yoko Shimomura's participation in Brawl as a composer. Her work is listed as Kingdom Hearts, but why would Sakurai diliberately leak a Kingdom Hearts character in that way? You don't hire someone like Yoko to do some petty music like the title screen.. its been assigned to someone else. Considering she basically created the entire Super Mario RPG soundtrack among many other Square Enix titles, its safe to assume that this COULD be a hint at Geno. For example, long before Sonic the Hedgehog was confirmed there was absolutely nothing that could support his cause in Brawl other than web rumors. However, on the composers list there was somebody who was famous for working on the music for NiGHTS. That pretty much guaranteed that SEGA was involved with Brawl in some way, shape or form. I hope you understand what I posted..
This is not a hint. It's speculation at best. Half of the musicians don't even represent the games that they worked on. If they all did though, then we'd have God Hand, Killer7, and even Cho Aniki characters in this game. Heck, like today's update shows, it could just be a unrepresented game. Heck, she could be Kingdom Heats. Or she could be on a SSBB exclusive song like Umatsu.

3) With Super Mario RPG being one of the most requested games to appear on the Wii VC and with a game that portrays Nintendo's massive history in the making, that only boosts Geno's chances. Sakurai once claimed that Kid Icarus appeared on the Wii VC and he was certainly promoting it, perhaps the same could be applied to Super Mario RPG? It saddens me to see so many people underestimate the importance of Super Mario RPG and Geno's importance to the plot of the game. Super Mario RPG was a huge title for Nintendo because of how much it boasted. Geno was certainly eye candy and basically was a staple in the plot. If you took Geno out of the game right now and tried to complete the story, you couldn't. He is meant to recover the star pieces and repair the Star Road.
This isn't a hint either. It's more speculation. Because Sakurai plugs one game for the VC, it may mean that a game that hasn't come out for the VC may have a character that is in Sakurai's game? That's just insane if you think that's proof at all. And even so, we have three Super Mario RPG characters as it is, including the real main character.

4) Geno is Square Enix's Mario character.. I will never come to understand why so many people just crash and burn on this point. Not only is Geno highly requested (those smart people that actually made the connection that Brawl should have heavy Nintendo bias) but he's also a third party Mario character (which makes him 2 1/2 party). Why is he a bad candidate other than people don't know who he is? My theory is that he's the same as any Square Enix representative prior to Final Fantasy X-2. One game, one role, one shot, good bye have a nice retirement. As I always say.. there is no Final Fantasy 2 part 2 for example. The whole "lets come out of retirement" idea is new.
Not a hint. There is no such thing as 2 1/2 party...he's pure third. And even with your whole "lets come out of retirement" thing being new, Itadaki and the Hoops game both came during this phase and still no Geno. These were Mario games though! They had Mario! And SE was helping them too! They even had music from SMRPG, letting you know that they remembered. No Geno though. Guess neither company cares.

5) Sakurai and his engineers wouldn't need to develop moves for Geno. Geno is pretty much set, they would just have to design and program the moves. Geno has potential to be a unique character.
That's not a hint. And heck, loads of characters just like that. Even one shot characters. It's not something positive letting him in, but rather something that lets him qualify to compete, though he is basically shot down by all the other characters who are more important overall.

I just don't see why you want us all to fail. What did we do to you? Instead of coming here and trying to humiliate us, if you actually started reading our points instead of being bull headed and shooting down everything we say, we might actually value your opinions more. We get this crap all the time and I'm one who is getting sick of it. Its the same stupid counter argument, reworded with no proof or evidence but rather twisted and distorted meanings. Oh, but we do that too right? Not exactly. We may blow things out of proportion and be completely inaccurate but our points are basically intertwined with Brawl as opposed to "unpopular, out" or "one game. out"

I read your points, and I don't see any of them being really valid. And are you guys saying you have the same stupid counter-argument with no proof? That's pretty much all you have. I don't need to distory meanings though. Geno wasn't in any of Nintendo's cross overs with SE though he very well could have. Geno is third party. There are much more popular characters that have more history from both in house and out of it. Geno is very obscure, and at the same time not a main character like the other obscure characters. All of these things combined mind you are his problems. Some of them he shares with others, but no one he shares all of them with. I love Geno. Outside of Ridley, he's my favorite character that's not in Brawl. Despite my love though, I can tell he's not getting in, and if there are lame excuses that say he will, I will counter them to the best of my ability.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Most of you people don't seem to get that I am not trying to change your opinions of Geno. I for one love Geno. I am just not blinded because of that. He has little chance.

Those games had FF and DW character cross overs with Mario. Geno is a Mario character. Crono is a CT character, and not FF or DW. Thus there's a problem if Geno is not it, because his franchise is there, while it's not a problem for Crono.

Like I said before, I'm not trying to change your opinions on Geno, just say that your arguments for him are pointless. There are no facts at this point, because that's the way it works. In contrast though there are multiple things which point to Geno not being included, in opposition. Those DS games are examples of where Geno could have gotten in, but didn't. It's evidence that Nintendo doesn't care about Geno.

Well I went over this but...Link's Uncle, Kawashima, Blue Virus from Dr. Mario, and more are all on Sakurai's journal. Additionally, it's been noted many times in this topic that the complete number of votes is inconclusive at best. But the fact that Sakurai knows who he is trivial at best, since this is the guy who basically knows all these characters. Knowing does not mean a inclusion. If you knew how Sakurai responded though, then we'd have a totally different ball game. In the end though, we don't have them, and the poll in itself is a completely flawed thing to make the only conclusion. Heck, as said before, the most requested character wasn't even shown once.

This is not a hint. It's speculation at best. Half of the musicians don't even represent the games that they worked on. If they all did though, then we'd have God Hand, Killer7, and even Cho Aniki characters in this game. Heck, like today's update shows, it could just be a unrepresented game. Heck, she could be Kingdom Heats. Or she could be on a SSBB exclusive song like Umatsu.

This isn't a hint either. It's more speculation. Because Sakurai plugs one game for the VC, it may mean that a game that hasn't come out for the VC may have a character that is in Sakurai's game? That's just insane if you think that's proof at all. And even so, we have three Super Mario RPG characters as it is, including the real main character.

Not a hint. There is no such thing as 2 1/2 party...he's pure third. And even with your whole "lets come out of retirement" thing being new, Itadaki and the Hoops game both came during this phase and still no Geno. These were Mario games though! They had Mario! And SE was helping them too! They even had music from SMRPG, letting you know that they remembered. No Geno though. Guess neither company cares.

That's not a hint. And heck, loads of characters just like that. Even one shot characters. It's not something positive letting him in, but rather something that lets him qualify to compete, though he is basically shot down by all the other characters who are more important overall.

I read your points, and I don't see any of them being really valid. And are you guys saying you have the same stupid counter-argument with no proof? That's pretty much all you have. I don't need to distory meanings though. Geno wasn't in any of Nintendo's cross overs with SE though he very well could have. Geno is third party. There are much more popular characters that have more history from both in house and out of it. Geno is very obscure, and at the same time not a main character like the other obscure characters. All of these things combined mind you are his problems. Some of them he shares with others, but no one he shares all of them with. I love Geno. Outside of Ridley, he's my favorite character that's not in Brawl. Despite my love though, I can tell he's not getting in, and if there are lame excuses that say he will, I will counter them to the best of my ability.
You know what, its your attitude in the last paragraph that makes me even wonder why I waste my time. You're saying that my points aren't valid? Wow.. be careful how you put that because your points haven't been all high and mighty (either :ohwell:). Another thing is that I never claimed to have proof, HOWEVER all of my points are in someway involved in Brawl. I have yet to see you provide some proof/evidence that relates to Brawl and not some DS game that holds very little relevance. The one thing that bugs me is that you believe that Geno is a third party character (in full). If Square Enix holds the rights to Geno then they should be able to do whatever they wish with him, which they can't. But if they own him entirely, they should be able to do whatever they want with him, because well, they own him! But they can't. Besides, Geno is a Mario character.

Geno isn't obscure.. :laugh:
Can you explain to us why Jigglypuff and Pichu made it into Melee? What is their importance in Pokemon? Oh, wait, they're popular right.. nice try, but not good enough especially from your position.

If you want to have a debate with us, openly claiming that "I can tell he won't be in" is debaters suicide. That statement alone just crashed your entire argument and makes me wonder how much bias there is when you're forming your opinions. Obviously you aren't taking what we have to say into consideration because my points weren't "valid" for some reason.

I won't bother to go back and reexplain all of my points. I think hint was the wrong word to use, next time I will use more caution when I pick my words. What I can tell from your counterargument is that you aren't really getting what I'm trying to say. I never claimed any of my points were proof. Yes, they were "hints" <-- for sake of argument, that could help Geno's chances in Brawl.

I don't know why you're so stubborn or for that matter hypocritical when it comes to saying "I love Geno but he will definitely not be in Brawl and I will use all my abilities to prove you wrong". Its kind of sad to see that and frusturating at the same time. I guess that if there was some solid evidence that did lean in Geno's direction you might change your mind. But I'll be flat out honest with you.. you aren't helping our cause. I don't know what made you think the way you do but its annoying. There is nothing wrong with thinking Geno won't be in Brawl, but the way you present it is like "It WON'T happen".. and when you say things like that, it makes me kind of laugh because how would you know?

If there's one thing I can say I have proof of, it's that Nintendo has equal ownership with me on Geno.

AKA, no ownership at all.

If they had ownership, they wouldn't say that the copyright over Geno disregards Nintendo's ownership of everything in the game. They don't discuss joint custody of the copyright, they flat-out state that the copyright is reserved by Square Enix, which means it's theirs to use.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
While I admire your fortitude, I have to ask: Who's are you comparing Geno's chances with? (I'm not asking for the sake of argument. I'm just curious.)

Agreed, to an extent. It may have been an excellent opportunity for Geno to make a new appearance. Hell, I might have actually bought the game had he been in it, but you have to admit that Nintendo and Square aren't going to budge on Geno's status unless the fans speak up and ask for him to come back.

You're right. Nintendo doesn't care about Geno. Let's just keep in mind that Sakurai's studio is developing Smash, and although Nintendo might have a say in what they like or dislike in the game, it is ultimately up to Sakurai to make the decisions on what comes or goes.

Was Sonic even elligible for votes to be in Brawl?

And again, you're right. Sakurai merely knowing who Geno is may be trivial, but it's a start. Anyone who plays games should know that catching wind of a character's existence is a step away from finding out more information and potentially loving the character. It's a very far-fetched scenario, but it could definately happen. He's had plenty of time to do his research.

Possible, but like the scenario that was mentioned before, what other projects have those composers worked on? Sakurai isn't going to give everyone a free ticket and give away the roster through the composer list. Someone has to be writing the music for these characters; it's just a matter of finding out who.

And I understand. It by no way confirms or even notions that Geno is in the game, but it does make you wonder . . .

Well, in the way that you reference it, that would sound like backwards logic to nearly anyone.

Consider it this way: Super Mario RPG was requested to be uploaded onto the VC. It was supposed to have come out sometime this month. Geno was also requested to be in Brawl. Brawl gets delayed, and shortly after, the date for Super Mario RPG's VC release mysteriously vanishes. Now, it could just mean that Super Mario RPG wasn't ready to be released. Alternatively, it could mean that Square is getting a chunk of the profits for it being on the VC, and they want to use Geno as a poster boy to bring in extra cash. Again, it doesn't prove anything, but it is awfully coincidental.

And that might even provide a more ridiculous assumption, but your points are no less speculation than ours. There are no facts pertaining to this argument.

See my paragraph above, since this pertains to nearly the exact same points.

Important to who? You? Me?

And what do you mean by 'important?' 'Important' can be a lot of different things, to a lot of different people.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Importance is a matter of perspective, and when you boil down to it, only one perspective counts. I think you know who's that is.

Proof of what? You want us to prove to you that he's in the game? How might we do that?

Here's a challenge for you: Head over to the Ridley thread, or the Olimar thread, and ask them to prove to you that their respective characters are in Brawl. You're not going to find the answers you seek. At least, not at this time. If you come back with any response that does not communicate that fact that "they can't," you're fooling youself even more-so than you think we are.

Edit: Someone else post so I can write a detailed message as to why the guy above me shouldn't be in this thread . . .

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
As much as it seems like I love debating this crap, its actually quite an addicting burden.
Hopefully Geno will be announced as a playable character and we can all get on with our lives.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sorry Copperpot! I'm only going to get into one debate at a time, so I'm going to stick with AGT here. Taking on multiple people gets confusing.

You know what, its your attitude in the last paragraph that makes me even wonder why I waste my time. You're saying that my points aren't valid? Wow.. be careful how you put that because your points haven't been all high and mighty (either :ohwell:).
Can't help it that most of them are. Heck, only the poll has any real validity. Most of the others are stretches.

Another thing is that I never claimed to have proof, HOWEVER all of my points are in someway involved in Brawl. I have yet to see you provide some proof/evidence that relates to Brawl and not some DS game that holds very little relevance.
Of course they hold relivance. They are partnerships between SE and Nintendo, just like SMRPG was. If Brawl is to have Geno, then it will be the same. Your hypothetical Brawl with Geno in it relates to these fully. The point being made by them though, is that even in the case that SE and Nintendo come together, the past has shown that they have moved on since Geno.

The one thing that bugs me is that you believe that Geno is a third party character (in full). If Square Enix holds the rights to Geno then they should be able to do whatever they wish with him, which they can't. But if they own him entirely, they should be able to do whatever they want with him, because well, they own him! But they can't. Besides, Geno is a Mario character.
They do have the rights in full to him. There's just no point to using him. He's as you said, a Mario character. Thus, using him outside of a Mario context defeats the point. None the less he's still SE's property completely, and because of that, is a third party character.

Geno isn't obscure.. :laugh:
Yeah he is. One game. One cameo. He's obscure all right. Even with a horde of fans, he's still obscure.

Can you explain to us why Jigglypuff and Pichu made it into Melee? What is their importance in Pokemon? Oh, wait, they're popular right.. nice try, but not good enough especially from your position.
Jigglypuff was popular at the time sure. Much more so than Geno. You can't even compare. Remember how big Pokemon was back then? As for Pichu, most of the clones defied general logic, and were only there are easy ways to boost up the roster. In any case, if Nintendo or Sakurai wants a popular character, then why not choose a real popular character? There are loads of FF and DW characters that everyone loves, and are much more well known that the obscure Geno.

If you want to have a debate with us, openly claiming that "I can tell he won't be in" is debaters suicide. That statement alone just crashed your entire argument and makes me wonder how much bias there is when you're forming your opinions. Obviously you aren't taking what we have to say into consideration because my points weren't "valid" for some reason.
They weren't valid for the reasons I gave to you. Did you read the reasons? The thing is, if there is a high amount of facts leaning towards him not being included versus a tiny amount of facts saying that he might get in, it's only logical to say that the character won't get in.

I won't bother to go back and reexplain all of my points. I think hint was the wrong word to use, next time I will use more caution when I pick my words. What I can tell from your counterargument is that you aren't really getting what I'm trying to say. I never claimed any of my points were proof. Yes, they were "hints" <-- for sake of argument, that could help Geno's chances in Brawl.
I considered them hints. Didn't you read that? Every thing except for the poll, which I commented on before, I refered to as hints, and dissproved why they were not.

I don't know why you're so stubborn or for that matter hypocritical when it comes to saying "I love Geno but he will definitely not be in Brawl and I will use all my abilities to prove you wrong". Its kind of sad to see that and frusturating at the same time. I guess that if there was some solid evidence that did lean in Geno's direction you might change your mind. But I'll be flat out honest with you.. you aren't helping our cause. I don't know what made you think the way you do but its annoying. There is nothing wrong with thinking Geno won't be in Brawl, but the way you present it is like "It WON'T happen".. and when you say things like that, it makes me kind of laugh because how would you know?
That's not hypocritical. I do love Geno, but it's clear as day to me that he's not getting in. I'm not one to simply say "Oh well these guys are saying outragerous things, but since I like the character, I'll let them wallow in ignorance." I'm bloody going to tell you if you're saying something dumb, and I don't care. I'm not trying to help your cause. Heck if you could beat me, and give me enough proof as to why Geno would be in, I'd be pretty happy. But until you guys get actual proof, I'm not going to just sit by.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
ah, it's good to see an intelligent discussion that doesn't boil down to flames :) . I'd join in myself.... but I have finals.......... wait, why am I here then? >__<

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Geez people stop calling it a poll!

Sakurai posted a form that allowed for people to give their opinions on what should be in Brawl. People voted for Stages, Characters and for Music. THEN SAKURAI PICKED THE ONES THAT WERE MOST INTERESTING AND PUT THEM INTO HIS JOURNAL!

Of course the Blue Virus could of been on the list? I'm pretty sure Sakurai only mentioned him once right? That's because it is interesting that he was suggested!

God, no one seems to realize that even though King DeDeDe got 5 Mentions and tied with Geno doesn't mean that either one got more suggestions then the other! It was just that Sakurai was interested in 5 separate forms for him.

Stop calling it a poll. If Sakurai wasn't interested in Geno he wouldn't of mentioned him 5 times as interesting.

STOP!

Also, I like how you keep talking about that stupid game where Mario Characters and DQ characters joined together. That was not a perfect opportunity for Geno to appear AT ALL! Square and Nintendo both have to agree that he can be in a game before he gets put in and it is painfully obvious that they only wanted DQ characters in the game. That's why Geno didn't even stand a chance.

*sigh* Will you stop making up things like that? Nintendo doesn't have any ownership over Geno. They specifically stated it in the credits of M&L.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I'm saying that they actually have to give the "OK Geno can be in my Nintendo Game" if someone like Alpha Dream asked to use him.

Alpha Dream *2nd Party to Nintendo* stated that all of Geno's rights belong to Square-Enix. The reason neither company can use him is because:

A. Geno is set in the Mario Universe and comes from Star Heaven. How could SE possibly make that work with the Mario Universe?

B. Nintendo is on bad terms with SE and I doubt SE would of given Geno and Mallow to them to make a sequel back when the original came out.

Even though SE owns Geno all Sakurai has to do is ask Alpha Dream because they are a part of Nintendo and SE. They just have to say "all rights belong to" and pay a small fee.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Copperpot! I'm only going to get into one debate at a time, so I'm going to stick with AGT here. Taking on multiple people gets confusing.

Can't help it that most of them are. Heck, only the poll has any real validity. Most of the others are stretches.

Of course they hold relivance. They are partnerships between SE and Nintendo, just like SMRPG was. If Brawl is to have Geno, then it will be the same. Your hypothetical Brawl with Geno in it relates to these fully. The point being made by them though, is that even in the case that SE and Nintendo come together, the past has shown that they have moved on since Geno.

They do have the rights in full to him. There's just no point to using him. He's as you said, a Mario character. Thus, using him outside of a Mario context defeats the point. None the less he's still SE's property completely, and because of that, is a third party character.

Yeah he is. One game. One cameo. He's obscure all right. Even with a horde of fans, he's still obscure.

Jigglypuff was popular at the time sure. Much more so than Geno. You can't even compare. Remember how big Pokemon was back then? As for Pichu, most of the clones defied general logic, and were only there are easy ways to boost up the roster. In any case, if Nintendo or Sakurai wants a popular character, then why not choose a real popular character? There are loads of FF and DW characters that everyone loves, and are much more well known that the obscure Geno.

They weren't valid for the reasons I gave to you. Did you read the reasons? The thing is, if there is a high amount of facts leaning towards him not being included versus a tiny amount of facts saying that he might get in, it's only logical to say that the character won't get in.

I considered them hints. Didn't you read that? Every thing except for the poll, which I commented on before, I refered to as hints, and dissproved why they were not.

That's not hypocritical. I do love Geno, but it's clear as day to me that he's not getting in. I'm not one to simply say "Oh well these guys are saying outragerous things, but since I like the character, I'll let them wallow in ignorance." I'm bloody going to tell you if you're saying something dumb, and I don't care. I'm not trying to help your cause. Heck if you could beat me, and give me enough proof as to why Geno would be in, I'd be pretty happy. But until you guys get actual proof, I'm not going to just sit by.
You're quite the arrogant one and I don't appreciate it. I'm getting tired of debating with you because you aren't listening to a **** thing I'm saying. :ohwell:

By the way, stop going around claiming that Geno won't be in Brawl.. its not a smart thing to assume..

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You're quite the arrogant one and I don't appreciate it. I'm getting tired of debating with you because you aren't listening to a **** thing I'm saying. :ohwell:

By the way, stop going around claiming that Geno won't be in Brawl.. its not a smart thing to assume..
I am listening and then saying what's wrong. Isn't that what you're trying to do to me? Or maybe you tried at first then kinda didn't do it then or now. >_>

And if all the signs say he won't, then why not? Wouldn't you tell someone that Skull Kid, or Birdo are unlikely?

Alpha Dream is not a part of Square Enix, and even if they were, they don't have the authority to give them the right to use Geno no more than they have the authority to give them a Moogle.

Remove the Mario/Star Haven link, and he can be used. Geno's move and appearance don't incorporate anything that Nintendo created.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
It's time for the Fatmanonice signal * activates it, and plays Fatmanonice's music*

Oh yeah, on Nsider 2, some guy is saying that by inside sources, a character will be revealed tomorrow, with that rumor, and the Geno one saying that he will be updated this week, tomorrow is our day, but I don't really believe the rumors, but hey, who knows?

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I am listening and then saying what's wrong. Isn't that what you're trying to do to me? Or maybe you tried at first then kinda didn't do it then or now. >_>

And if all the signs say he won't, then why not? Wouldn't you tell someone that Skull Kid, or Birdo are unlikely?
I won't blame you or anyone else for misinterpreting my posts because sometimes it can't be helped.

Look.. it isn't truthful to say that Geno won't be in Brawl based off the points you gave. Some of the points you made were opinions and barely boasted anything relevant to Brawl. You kept bringing up recent DS games that Geno wasn't in. I don't have a clue why, ok? It just didn't happen. However, that isn't fair to say that Geno won't be in Brawl because of that petty fact. Brawl is unrelated to the DS titles at this point in time.

The reason why I listed those "stretches" is because its what Geno does have going for him depending on what becomes known factually to the public and how you can interpret them. A lot of the stretches are based off of "it COULD happen, it COULD NOT happen". Sure Yoko COULD have developed a SMRPG track if Geno was in Brawl or she COULD have developed something else entirely. Perhaps its a coincidence, I don't know. It isn't wrong to assume that there COULD be a SMRPG song in Brawl. I'm not claiming its fact, that would be stupid.

About the Wii VC and Super Mario RPG.. well that was merely speculation, so you're right. I did make a connection between Kid Icarus and the Wii VC. It irritates me to no end when people underestimate the importance of SMRPG. It was an important game that was important to Nintendo's history. I mean, Geno didn't have his own series.. I understand that. But it would be nice to see a character from SMRPG that you can distinctively tell that it appeared in SMRPG. We the fans want Geno and its a pleasant thought to know that there is a possibility he could appear in Brawl. We have barely any control over what happens (if any) but just for once, maybe we will get Geno. There doesn't have to be a specific reason or a long drawn out explanation why. The fans that want him could be enough of a reason to add him. A lot of us remember that game and we cherish it.. and it is a bit disappointing to see characters like Pit or Game and Watch and Jigglypuff and Pichu etc all having a shot at a Smash Bros Game and yet we have yet to see our beloved possessed doll.

Geno pretty much as a moveset, so I don't think Sakurai would have to put a lot of thought into designing one or coming up with moves we haven't seen before. I wouldn't think it would be too much trouble to see Geno in Brawl, but can't you at least let us hope? I know he might not be in Brawl, but he also might be in Brawl.. we don't know. Within the last 10 pages (at least.. I think) there hasn't been anyone here who has said as a fact that "Geno WILL be in Brawl".. because we can't determine that right now. Its a very well kept secret.

I guess I'd like to conclude this post with saying that I'm not trying to compete with you. It isn't a competition because we don't have control over the game, but one day in the future we will know the truth. Until the time comes, you can't turn your opinion of "Geno won't be in Brawl because my reasons say he won't be" into fact. It did come to you stating your opinion as a fact and that is the first mistake people make when debating.

Anyways, I'd like to move on from it. We can't come to an agreement and thats fine. I don't care if you respond to this post but I'm not planning on replying to what you might have to say about it. I have other things I should be doing, thats my fault, but at least it kept me occupied to say the least.

Just please consider the pro Geno points more. If you're a fan, you should be able to understand.

Geno for Brawl!!

1. There were no real arguments against Ridley so there wasn't any need for denying facts or accusing people of being arrogant.

2. America it was how instead of having a nice debate with the person (Who had a perfectly good debate himself) you decided to just call him arrogant... even though he defiantly wasn't acting it.

And his points were about as valid as yours, if not more so.

Geno making it in over Mega man? XD You must be joking ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *Breaths* ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

You get the point.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
1. There were no real arguments against Ridley so there wasn't any need for denying facts or accusing people of being arrogant.

2. America it was how instead of having a nice debate with the person (Who had a perfectly good debate himself) you decided to just call him arrogant... even though he defiantly wasn't acting it.

And his points were about as valid as yours, if not more so.
Whats your problem? You came from nowhere and now you're trying to insult me too? You need to reread some of Pieman's posts better, not only did he imply my points were "dumb" but he also stated that he didn't see Geno in Brawl and therefore he wouldn't be.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Both Geno and Megaman have an equal chance of being in brawl. Geno's party status has been discussed numerous times and the fact is he's a "2.5" party character and if in Brawl would be a Nintendo character, not SE.

I seemed to have miss the big arguments again, **** my schedule :/

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I've been an avid anti-Megaman advocate ever since Snake's introduction. You won't be able to convince me that any legitimate character possibility (like Geno) would be a worse addition than Megaman.

It would be a futile cause to try and convince someone as blind as you. The fact is that if Geno got in he would only get in as a first / 2nd party character which in no way would affect Mega mans chances. But guys you all know that if Genos only chance was as a third party character he would have no chance.

And American I found your replies to be much more worse and rude.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Geno making it in over Mega man? XD You must be joking ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *Breaths* ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

You get the point.
*Slap*
Both are likely, its not one or the other

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
It would be a futile cause to try and convince someone as blind as you. The fact is that if Geno got in he would only get in as a first / 2nd party character which in no way would affect Mega mans chances. But guys you all know that if Genos only chance was as a third party character he would have no chance.

You don't really know that, that's all just an assumption...

This is all pointless anyway, arguing assumptions with assumptions...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Look.. it isn't truthful to say that Geno won't be in Brawl based off the points you gave. Some of the points you made were opinions and barely boasted anything relevant to Brawl. You kept bringing up recent DS games that Geno wasn't in. I don't have a clue why, ok? It just didn't happen. However, that isn't fair to say that Geno won't be in Brawl because of that petty fact. Brawl is unrelated to the DS titles at this point in time.
But Geno is related, and this is about Geno. Geno wasn't in those games, despite it being Square and Nintendo teaming up again. If Geno gets in, then it's because Square and Nintendo teamed up again, and not just because of the permision for a cameo. The problem though is that through these recent team ups, it has become obvious that both companies don't care about Geno, even though they remembered SMRPG. Thus this relates to Brawl. Both companies are on good terms, but it still doesn't mean they care about Geno. Quite possibly because he's so minor.

The reason why I listed those "stretches" is because its what Geno does have going for him depending on what becomes known factually to the public and how you can interpret them. A lot of the stretches are based off of "it COULD happen, it COULD NOT happen". Sure Yoko COULD have developed a SMRPG track if Geno was in Brawl or she COULD have developed something else entirely. Perhaps its a coincidence, I don't know. It isn't wrong to assume that there COULD be a SMRPG song in Brawl. I'm not claiming its fact, that would be stupid.
But you were saying that they hinted at Geno's inclusion. You acted like it was something that boosted Geno's chances, when it's clear it doesn't. There's a chance she could do that, but it's over 50% more likely that she has nothing to do with any game that she's worked on in the past, and even then she's listed under Kingdom Hearts. Even with the Sonic example, we don't even know if they are using that guy for the Sonic music at all. >_>

About the Wii VC and Super Mario RPG.. well that was merely speculation, so you're right. I did make a connection between Kid Icarus and the Wii VC. It irritates me to no end when people underestimate the importance of SMRPG. It was an important game that was important to Nintendo's history. I mean, Geno didn't have his own series.. I understand that. But it would be nice to see a character from SMRPG that you can distinctively tell that it appeared in SMRPG. We the fans want Geno and its a pleasant thought to know that there is a possibility he could appear in Brawl. We have barely any control over what happens (if any) but just for once, maybe we will get Geno. There doesn't have to be a specific reason or a long drawn out explanation why. The fans that want him could be enough of a reason to add him. A lot of us remember that game and we cherish it.. and it is a bit disappointing to see characters like Pit or Game and Watch and Jigglypuff and Pichu etc all having a shot at a Smash Bros Game and yet we have yet to see our beloved possessed doll.
I can distinctly tell that Mario appeared in SMRPG. Looking at the box, I can also tell Peach and Bowser were in it. Don't see Geno though. But really, what makes SMRPG important to Nintendo's history? (I won't comment on your G&W comment though, as that's your opinion....but really G&W is more important that loads of the other characters here)

Geno pretty much as a moveset, so I don't think Sakurai would have to put a lot of thought into designing one or coming up with moves we haven't seen before. I wouldn't think it would be too much trouble to see Geno in Brawl, but can't you at least let us hope? I know he might not be in Brawl, but he also might be in Brawl.. we don't know. Within the last 10 pages (at least.. I think) there hasn't been anyone here who has said as a fact that "Geno WILL be in Brawl".. because we can't determine that right now. Its a very well kept secret.
Well actually, it's my personal opinion that if Geno was in, that you guys would be wrong about a good deal of his moveset, but that's not the point. I don't care if you want to hope, as that's your own thing. It's just claiming that he'll get in due to things that have been said in this topic, is something that will make me want to respond.

I guess I'd like to conclude this post with saying that I'm not trying to compete with you. It isn't a competition because we don't have control over the game, but one day in the future we will know the truth. Until the time comes, you can't turn your opinion of "Geno won't be in Brawl because my reasons say he won't be" into fact. It did come to you stating your opinion as a fact and that is the first mistake people make when debating.
It basically is a fact though, GP. That's the problem with this debate. When there is so much pointing at one side and so little pointing at the other, then it may as well be. Prove me wrong with something factual though. Don't just say that I shouldn't because it's wrong to assume. Actually make a point. I don't know that Birdo won't be a playable character, but I basicaly know it won't be. I don't know that the blue virus from Dr. Mario is not going to be in, but I basically do. Can you actually change Geno's situation?[/quote]

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice

Oh yeah and you laughing at other members like a hyena isn't rude ? :ohwell:

Look I don't care who you favor more, the point is pieman wasn't exactly acting like a saint either..

Just drop it at that and stop trying to cause problems. :ohwell:

Lets move on folks, enough with the debates already..

Top Bottom