• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to go off topic, but I can't find the Geno alliance wiki page.

I googled ♥♪!? Alliance, Geno Alliance, and I went to the Geno character wiki page and didn't find a link to the alliance.

Can someone give me a link?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
A cool Smrpg would be an item that turns everyone into a scarecrow temprorarily, like in the game. Like, you pick up the item and throw it and for like, I don't know, 5 seconds?, everyone turns into one of those scarecrow things giving you a chance to own.

Good idea? Bad idea? That's all I could think of, sorry.
actually, i like that idea. scarecrows wouldn't be able to use any standard or smash attacks, only B moves.

but what would the item be? maybe Belome...as an Assist Trophy.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sorry to go off topic, but I can't find the Geno alliance wiki page.

I googled ♥♪!? Alliance, Geno Alliance, and I went to the Geno character wiki page and didn't find a link to the alliance.

Can someone give me a link?
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/The_♥♪!?_Alliance

actually, i like that idea. scarecrows wouldn't be able to use any standard or smash attacks, only B moves.

but what would the item be? maybe Belome...as an Assist Trophy.
Which item?

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Every newcomer in Brawl post E3 2006 was on the poll. Sonic wasn't on it because he was announced by Sakurai and Miyamoto to be the most desired character-by far! XD
I found a contraction in your statement. Pokemon Trainer was not on E3 Poll at all, so he was not expected character at all.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
the item that turns your foes into scarecrows. there isn't one, iirc, in smrpg. so in brawl, Belome should show up as an AT and turn people into straw.
Whant me to add it to the wiki?

Anyways being a EB fan I loved the update =)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*comes in extremelly late*

Oh God... *smacks face* Why is it that these big arguements always happen on the days that I'm not here...

Enigma PM'd me about this so I'll just lay things out. Apparently, people are using Saki's inclusion in Brawl as a counter argument againist Geno because he didn't appear in Sakurai's journal. Here are some things you guys need to understand as I told Enigma in the PM:

"It's hardly an excuse though considering how Sakurai's journal reflects what he and his staff were most interested in. As for Sonic, he was mentioned in an interview in September 2006 so that definately counts for something. Here are the characters that have been mentioned in interviews with Sakurai since 2001:

1. Lip (Panel de Pon)
2. Lolo (Adventures of Lolo/ Kirby franchise)
3. Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
4. the Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
5. Sonic
6. Little Mac (Punch Out franchise)
7. Lucas (Mother 3)
8. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)

And it should also be noted that there's been a trend so far, all the ATs and Bosses so far either had one mention or didn't have one at all."

"What about the Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Metaknight, and Pit?" *Sigh* Do I really have to lug the Melee poll results here? I guess I have to...

The 2001 Offical Melee poll results:

Mario Bros:

1. Bowser (169)
2. Peach (66)
3. Wario (65)
4. Toad (27)
5. Koopa Troopa (9)
6. Kamek (8)
7. Goomba (7)
8. Mallow (5)
9. Geno (5)
10. Baby Mario (3)

Pokemon

1. Mewtwo (35)
2. Mew (24)
3. Red (18)
4. Misc. Pokemon (12)
5. Lugia (11)
6. Meowth (8)
7. Raichu (7)
8. Marill (5)
9. Bulbasaur (5)
10. Togepi (5)

Legend of Zelda

1. Ganondorf (36)
2. Young Link (8)
3. Zelda (8)
4. Sheik (8)
5. Shadow Link (2)

Kirby

1. King Dedede (46)
2. Gooey (17)
3. Metaknight (11)
4. Misc. Kirby Companion (10)
5. Waddle Dee (3)

Mother

1. Mr.Saturn (18)
2. Poo (6)
3. Other Good Guys from Mother 2 (Earthbound) (4)
4. Paula (4)
5. Starman (3)
6. Jeff (3)

Star Fox

1. Falco (7)
2. Slippy (5)
3. Wolf (4)
4. Peppy (2)

Fire Emblem

1. Marth (21)
2. Misc. Character from Fire Emblem (18)
3. Ogma (8)
4. Serris (4)
5. Sigurd (2)
6. Leaf (2)

Rare

1. 007 James Bond (35)
2. Banjo & Kazooie (18)
3. Diddy Kong (15)
4. Blast Corps Robot (2)
5. 006 (2)

Other NES/SNES Characters

1. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (15)
2. Lip (Panel de Pon) (9)
3. Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) (8)
4. Metroid (6)
5. Foreman (from Wrecking Crew) (6)
6. Pit (5)
7. Donbe or Hikari (5)
7. Misc. Character (The Marvelous Bunch) (5)
8. Samurai Goro (4)
9. Popo and Nana (4)
10. Balloon Fighter (4)

Non-Nintendo
1. Chocobo (9)
2. Doraemon (7)
3. Bomberman (5)
4. Crash Bandicoot (4)
5. Sonic (3)
6. Megaman (3)

*Fatmanonice's head appears out of a pipe attached to the ceiling* Am I the only one that noticed that three of the four characters were the third most requested characters in their respective categories? *Goes back down the pipe* Obviously, there were some characters that Sakurai already had in mind before Brawl even truely started development. Snake is also a prime piece of evidence concerning this.

Now for the final piece of evidence that shows that this doesn't hurt Geno's chances, have any of you noticed that Saki is liscensed under Shigesato Itoi and NOT Treasure, the company that developed Sin and Punishment? Do you guys even know who Shigesato Itoi is? I'll tell you; he's the director and writer of all the Mother games and also the creator of the characters in Sin and Punishment. Apparently, because he created the characters, he was able to cut out the middle man in this situation. Might I also remind you guys that the directors ofSuper Mario RPG, Yoshihiko Maekawa and Chihiro Fujioka, both now work for Nintendo under the company Alpha Dream? With what I just said, is it not plausible that this could possibly happen again with Geno? I rest my case...

So you see, Saki's unveilment hurts Geno's chances about as much as the color change update on Wednesday...

*Yawns and looks at clock*Now I really wise I'd come in here earlier. :laugh:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You know too much, Fatmanonice.

Geno for Brawl.
Agreed. Geno for Brawl! Fatmanonice for Master Debater!

I can't believe Bond got more than Diddy, even though Goldeneye rox my sox.

I'd like to just point out that I called Pit to be in the next Smash only a month after Melee was released.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
from another thread: It's about how Sakurai mentions more character that use DK's and Samus's Charge cancels. It hints at Sheik and Mewtwo, but I also thought of something....

Yeah, good points about FLUDD and Wario's not being it. Shiek is probably it, but you know what? It could also refer to any character that we simply don't know of.
Wait a second. A special that you charge up.........

Geno Beam "Hold Y for Power"....... aka hold special button for power aka GENO IN BRAWL!!!

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. If we ever learn anything about Geno at all, it'll probably be in over a month from now.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Whenever Super Mario RPG is released on the VC, I would say that Geno would be updated a week after it's release, it would be good for marketing purposes.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Geno the puppet from Mario RPG? Oh no, sorry but not going to happen, i don't exactly know who Geno really is but if it is the puppet then sorry but the best you have is either an assist or a sticker/trophy. No offence but i don't think that he will be playable sorry

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Geno the puppet from Mario RPG? Oh no, sorry but not going to happen, i don't exactly know who Geno really is but if it is the puppet then sorry but the best you have is either an assist or a sticker/trophy. No offence but i don't think that he will be playable sorry
I think its a puppet possessed by like a star, but I do agree I see him as an AT.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
yeah, being a puppet is bad. only monkeys, angels, plumbers, rodents, and eskimos can play in Brawl. a puppet would be silly!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
yeah, being a puppet is bad. only monkeys, angels, plumbers, rodents, and eskimos can play in Brawl. a puppet would be silly!
dont forget chimps, dinos, furries and bishies!

:laugh:

If people are worried about Geno getting in just because they know nothing about it's really amusing like WAreioWare avatar guy up there XD :laugh:

"Promote a fighter with a RPG? That's not good marketing. <_<"

Actually..."Promote a fighter with a RPG"

"I think its a puppet possessed by like a star, but I do agree I see him as an AT"

So you know nothing about the character other then what u heard? Least ur saying AT. but think about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlphaDream#Software_produced

AlphaDream Corporation, Ltd. (株式会社アルファドリーム, Kabushikigaisha ArufaDorīmu?) is a Tokyo-based videogame development team, founded in 2001 by Tetsuo Mizuno. It was formally known as Alpha Star. As a second-party developer for Nintendo, it has produced software for the Game Boy Color, the Game Boy Advance and the Nintendo DS. The company's staff includes prominent developers from Square Co., Ltd., such as Chihiro Fujioka.

*ahem*

Game Boy Advance:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Give SE credit and Geno is Second Party. other can get 3rd party slots.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
thats the thing you guys say hes real popular yet tons of people dont know who he is untill they are bombarded by this thread.
Take into consideration that only some people say that, not all of us.

Also only the gaming community would know about him but those who know him have either played SMRPG or know where those fans are.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Need someone to PM for something.

If you still think Geno's third party, you're wrong.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
thats the thing you guys say hes real popular yet tons of people dont know who he is untill they are bombarded by this thread.
You can't really say that based off of just a few people coming in here not knowing who he is..... But you are right regardless. Tons of people don't know who he is, but at the same time tons of people do. I say this because:

- SMRPG sold 1.5 million copies in Japan alone. Considering that usually more than one person plays a game cart the actual amount of people that played the game in Japan (and thus know who Geno is) is much more than 1.5 million.

- add US sales to that and you have many more people who know who Geno is

- add people who have played SMRPG on an emulator and that adds even more

To sum it up:

Does the entire gaming community know who Geno is? No.
Do many not know who he is? Yes.

But at the same time do millions of people know who he is? Without question, Yes.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Once again: in the credits for his game, Geno is clearly labeled as being property of Square.

Geno = Square. Geno =/= Nintendo.

Geno = 3rd Party.
1. Loophole in contract

2. AlphaDreams is second party to Nintendo, made up of former Square employees, if they could use Geno in M&L:SS with just giving credit then I see no problem of Geno getting in.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. S'up!? Bored, in class again. Checked the site just to see that we have to wait ANOTHER two days. Man it's been so long since the character update, I wish they'd jsut announce someone. Perferably Genooo. =D

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
1. Loophole in contract

2. AlphaDreams is second party to Nintendo, made up of former Square employees, if they could use Geno in M&L:SS with just giving credit then I see no problem of Geno getting in.
Woah. Thats a good way of looking at it. He was already in one Nintendo game recently, so they shoulsdn't have a problem with him being in another!
woah, this brings up the chances of him even more...!

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Wow, I didn't know Itoi created the characters for S&P...O_O

Anyway...if anything that increases Geno's chances, if a former employee of something can cut out the middleman so easily like that. YAY ALPHADREAM! :3

For people who don't agree: Read the IF. I think Geno's chances are about 75-80%...>_>

Top Bottom