• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

y3nia659

Smash Ace
me too Ryudo, oh one question.

Is Saki a supporting character or a main character? I don't understand Sakurai's stament he made in today's update

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Is Saki a supporting character or a main character? I don't understand Sakurai's stament he made in today's update
Saki is the main character of Sin & Punishment...

Teeb147

Smash Legend

you just have to look if it says challenger approaching, which it doesnt, so its an AT

I kinda wish it was a pc though.

So lookout for challenger approaching when you see geno Edit: Ashley for us

y3nia659

Smash Ace
he's the main character then? :ohwell: I was thinking supporting characters were going to be AT's since Lyn, Goroh are supporting characters.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
he's the main character then? :ohwell: I was thinking supporting characters were going to be AT's since Lyn, Goroh are supporting characters.
haha i think you got confused.

Saki is main character of his game, but is an AT. See the item icon above right the update? yellot pot thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
haha i think you got confused.

Saki is main character of his game, but is an AT. See the item icon above right the update? yellot pot thing.
THe person asked if Saki was the main character in his game, not if he was a playable character in Smash.

There is no set pattern for either, main or supporting could be playable or AT's...it doesn't matter

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking he was a supporter ^_^ but thanks anyway. I've never heard of him before
One thing I should point out, people want Bowser Jr, who is a SUPPORTING villain, yet they use the fact Geno is a SUPPORTING hero against him. I don't think that really matters, seeing as Luigi only stared in MARIO IS MISSING before he got into Smash. He's been nothing but a Supporter his entire development otherwise

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
One thing I should point out, people want Bowser Jr, who is a SUPPORTING villain, yet they use the fact Geno is a SUPPORTING hero against him. I don't think that really matters, seeing as Luigi only stared in MARIO IS MISSING before he got into Smash. He's been nothing but a Supporter his entire development otherwise
bowser jr. was the main villian in mario sunshine, and in case you forgot luigi has since starred in luigi's mansion, and geno is not comparable to luigi.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
bowser jr. was the main villian in mario sunshine, and in case you forgot luigi has since starred in luigi's mansion, and geno is not comparable to luigi.
I didn't say since, since Luigi's mansion didn't come out before Luigi was in Smash, so it added NOTHING to his inclusion

and I could have sworn that BOWSER was the main villain of sunshine

Rick88

Smash Journeyman

Luigi was only a supporting character when SSB 64 came out, coming out only in Mario Missing which was a mediocre game that mostly no one even knew about. While Geno was a supporting character in SMRPG, a very recognizable successful game in which Luigi wasn't even playable. Geno might not be comparable or as important as Luigi, but he is an important character nonetheless.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
bowser jr. is the main antagonist untill the final battle. the whole story is bj trying to impress b by getting rid of mario
Well I guess it matters what your definition of main villain is, since I see Bowser as the true main villain. Since then, Bowser Jr has resorted to nothing but supporting anyway.

D

Deleted member

A main antagonist can't go from a main to a supporter. Usually a story has a main antagonist throughout the whole thing.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sorry thanksgiving dinner

You're correct. My logic is irrefutable. There are only a few spots for third party characters and there are much more profitable characters to use than some little known character.

Oh, and you are now an official 'Nuff saider. Welcome to the club, but I'm afraid this tennis game is going into a breakpoint.

'Nuff said.

Obviously you haven't seen the loophole post, ask Serosfan about it. Oh and someone mentioned profit think about the cost of a character first before they're let in, Geno's set price is smaller then Sonic or Snake, he was only included in M&L:SS because SE and Nintendo got along again. If they were able to put him in like *BAM* that then I see no problem for him to be in Brawl.

You could say Geno IS 3RD Party, but from the legal loophole stand point he's SECOND.

brb/bbl (Sorry if im impacient my comp. has been acting weird today so normally its good if someone replies fast.)

From earlier arguement with Jimmy

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry thanksgiving dinner

You're correct. My logic is irrefutable. There are only a few spots for third party characters and there are much more profitable characters to use than some little known character.

Oh, and you are now an official 'Nuff saider. Welcome to the club, but I'm afraid this tennis game is going into a breakpoint.

'Nuff said.

Obviously you haven't seen the loophole post, ask Serosfan about it. Oh and someone mentioned profit think about the cost of a character first before they're let in, Geno's set price is smaller then Sonic or Snake, he was only included in M&L:SS because SE and Nintendo got along again. If they were able to put him in like *BAM* that then I see no problem for him to be in Brawl.

You could say Geno IS 3RD Party, but from the legal loophole stand point he's SECOND.

brb/bbl (Sorry if im impacient my comp. has been acting weird today so normally its good if someone replies fast.)

From earlier arguement with Jimmy

Havent you pasted that exact post like 4 times or more?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Huh? I already posted it?

Sorry internet went out when i was submitting that and yes its ironic that he waited for 1 but again thanks giving dinner so sorry.

Also I still hate u Looooooooooni.

Oh wait look at me previous response I said brb/bbl

Blue Lightstar Kirby

Smash Rookie
Huh? I already posted it?

Sorry internet went out when i was submitting that and yes its ironic that he waited for 1 but again thanks giving dinner so sorry.

Also I still hate u Looooooooooni.

Oh wait look at me previous response I said brb/bbl
Yeah, but it's like 5 pages back, and I don't want to go looking for it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one about how Sakurai's Poll doesn't accurately represent the majority of gamers' opinions? You said you had a counter-statement for that.
Of course it doesn't, it shows which one of the support votes Sakurai actually cared enough about.

Anyway, characters who are NOT one the poll getting in doesn't mean the poll means NOTHING...the poll means something, we just don't know exactly what.

Air Marshall Fiddy Cent

Smash Apprentice
Of course it doesn't, it shows which one of the support votes Sakurai actually cared enough about.

Anyway, characters who are NOT one the poll getting in doesn't mean the poll means NOTHING...the poll means something, we just don't know exactly what.
the poll is big, son. 4+ votes aint nuttin ta *** wit....just ask Diddy, Ike, and Dedede. ima bet my ****er Geno makes the cut.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think a large percentage of the poll will be seen in brawl in some form, and lets face it Geno will be in some form... my bet is on AT, but if its playable congrats to geno fans.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
RDK said something earlier and I agreed with it, there is no counter-aruement, my family is over, so im gone for the rest of the day, night all.

D

Deleted member

I think a large percentage of the poll will be seen in brawl in some form, and lets face it Geno will be in some form... my bet is on AT, but if its playable congrats to geno fans.
Okay, so, Sakuai will pay for a rep from Square just to be an AT?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
After seeing your negative responces to Dark Samus, Wolf, and now Geno...You don't think anything's getting in, do you?
Ive never said anything negative about Dark Samus (or anything at all), I have only said that I don't understand why people like wolf, and I am not part of the fan base of Geno but I never said I don't want him in at all.

Just because I am not a fan of someone doesn't mean I don't want to see them in, I think iv'e said I hope they all get in to please the fans.

Top Bottom