• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't even think it matters, how much could it possibly cost to basically advertise a character in brawl. anyway doesnt nintendo pay for the characters, not sakurai himself lol.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I don't even think it matters, how much could it possibly cost to basically advertise a character in brawl. anyway doesnt nintendo pay for the characters, not sakurai himself lol.
Nintendo pretty much bankrolled the Brawl project. So yes, Nintendo would be the one paying for all the characters.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
The point is, I don't think Sakurai would go to Square, a company which has no character representation in Brawl, just to pay for a character JUST to end up as an AT...

that doesn't seem very...economically sound

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
I just really hope Geno makes it in...his chances pretty much went sky high because of the new Saki update.

Oh and by the way I live in Illinois, so what time on my clock will the next update appear on the dojo?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The point is, I don't think Sakurai would go to Square, a company which has no character representation in Brawl, just to pay for a character JUST to end up as an AT...

that doesn't seem very...economically sound
You make it seem as if they would have to go on this long and expensive journey to get Geno, I think a simple phone call or email would do it.

Air Marshall Fiddy Cent

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Please disregard this post.
i'll disregard that....or die tryin

I just really hope Geno makes it in...his chances pretty much went sky high because of the new Saki update.

Oh and by the way I live in Illinois, so what time on my clock will the next update appear on the dojo?
homey, his chance were sky high ever since the number 4 was next to his vote count on Sakizzle poll, yo. and tha update iz aobut 11pm pacific time so ima guess youse in central time so thats 1am fo you. or 2am if im wrong and yous really in eastern time.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
You make it seem as if they would have to go on this long and expensive journey to get Geno, I think a simple phone call or email would do it.
That hasn't been the case for ANY character owned by another company so far, and I assure you...if that WAS the case...It would not be in question whether or not Geno would be a PC, he'd be practically confirmed right now.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
The question from an avid Geno fan like myself is not whether or not he'll be in this game, is that is if he'll be a starting character, or a hidden one?

D

Deleted member

If Geno ain't in Braw' as an AT, yo, Air Marsho' is gonna bust all yo ***** and pull da trigga to yo head. But, this Canadian wigga will pop a bullet in his own head if Geno don't come as a Pee See.

Air Marshall Fiddy Cent

Smash Apprentice
wtf yo, who honestly thinks Geno iz gon be an AT? Geno's tha most wanted 3rd party (after Sonic)...so wanted that hes in the same popularity class (smashwise anyways) as Ridley, Diddy, Ike, Dedede, etc.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Air Marshall Fiddy Cent knows wat up... or he gnna dia tryin oh and yes Geno's chances are extremely high don't let anyone fool you.
How are his chances xtremely high again? The list showed us that Sakurai was interested, but then Sakurai was interested in many other characters. :veryconfu

I never saw a Sonic suggestion up there, but if I had to guess, I would say the Sonic suggestions nearly drowned Sak.

wtf yo, who honestly thinks Geno iz gon be an AT? Geno's tha most wanted 3rd party (after Sonic)...so wanted that hes in the same popularity class (smashwise anyways) as Ridley, Diddy, Ike, Dedede, etc.
Sorry Del$, Geno is not the most wanted 3rd party after Sonic. The boys not even as well known as Sonic. Homedawg, I know you love Geno, but you gotta start seeing things without rose-colored glasses. Know what I'm sayin G?

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
How are his chances xtremely high again? The list showed us that Sakurai was interested, but then Sakurai was interested in many other characters. :veryconfu

I never saw a Sonic suggestion up there, but if I had to guess, I would say the Sonic suggestions nearly drowned Sak alive.
How does Sonic not being in the Poll make it so that it's meaningless...So, a few characters aren't on the poll that got in...the poll is not SMASH BIBLE, it's just something.

D

Deleted member

Oh...
Fixed my post. =P

I honestly don't see how he can be an AT. Either playable or not in Brawl at all.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
How does Sonic not being in the Poll make it so that it's meaningless...So, a few characters aren't on the poll that got in...the poll is not SMASH BIBLE, it's just something.
The Poll is very important towards predictions, serves as a foundation for the start of a lot of peoples roster suggestions.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Igloo, whatpart of Illinois are you from?

The ghetto posting wasn't funny the first 20 times you did it, it's not going to be 20 posts later.

I would at LEAST hope for a trophy of Geno. I gotta see an updated version of him.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
The Poll is very important towards predictions, serves as a foundation for the start of a lot of peoples roster suggestions.
Yes, that was actually my point. I just meant that because a few characters NOT on the poll got in doesn't mean the entire poll is suddently meaningless...Geno is high on the poll, and has a great shot of being a character

Air Marshall Fiddy Cent

Smash Apprentice
The ghetto posting wasn't funny the first 20 times you did it, it's not going to be 20 posts later.
i aint tryna be funny, homes. thats just how i talk, so you gon hafta deal

Sonic wasnt in cuz errybody woulda voted him, ya know? and know one said the poll was a bible yo....but lets use some common sense hurr, 3 of the 5 highest characters have already been confirmed playable. what mo evidence does a brotha need?

EDIT: wait til Ridley becomes playable, yo...THEN tell me how meaningless tha poll is, son

D

Deleted member

Sonic was too **** obvious. I saw it coming. BY THE WAY, SAKURAI'S JOURNAL ISN'T A POLL. Geno was mentioned to be in the journal 4 times. It was never a thing to vote.

Mentions =/= Votes

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
i aint tryna be funny, homes. thats just how i talk, so you gon hafta deal

Sonic wasnt in cuz errybody woulda voted him, ya know? and know one said the poll was a bible yo....but lets use some common sense hurr, 3 of the 5 highest characters have already been confirmed playable. what mo evidence does a brotha need?

EDIT: wait til Ridley becomes playable, yo...THEN tell me how meaningless tha poll is, son
My post said that it's NOT meaningless...I was just saying that Sonic and etc. had NO effect on if the poll has any meaning

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

I would at LEAST hope for a trophy of Geno. I gotta see an updated version of him.
I think he types/post like how he speaks, so I advise just moving on to the next post if it bothers you that much.

Air Marshall Fiddy Cent

Smash Apprentice
My post said that it's NOT meaningless...I was just saying that Sonic and etc. had NO effect on if the poll has any meaning
chyea, i agree on that. but Sonic was already top-choice and was kept off tha poll so it wouldnt be unanimous, ya know? but for starters when you talk bout characters in the roster that aint on tha poll i hope you iz excluding characters that were confirmed in the first trailer like zero suit samus, wario, pit, metaknight, and snake. as for therest Lucas was on tha poll wit 2 votes but hes replaced Ness anyways. Pokemon Trainer is the only newcomer that wasnt on sakurai's poll (excluding tha aforementioned).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How did Sak know Sonic was most requested if he never saw people request him? Makes no sense dawg. :)

igloo9

Smash Apprentice

Sort of near St. Louis.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Sort of near St. Louis.
Please stay on topic, this sort of talk should be PM'd...

Back on topic, People should know, we know all the evidence for and against Geno and STILL believe he's going to be in, people keep coming in here posting stuff acting like it's new...Geno's chances are far from confirmed, and we know that. Yet, we remain adamant that his inclusion is set.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
gimme more evidence then, yo...i dont know of any other evidence but if there is more then i would hafta say tha post is the strongest piece
The only other evidence that I can name at hand, is that Sakurai showed public interest in Geno, asking around about the character. That, and the Musician theory (Since Yoko, the writer of Mario RPG's songs, is involved in Brawl)

Of course other than that just rumors, like a Mario RPG sequel, but that has no real base

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
A cool Smrpg would be an item that turns everyone into a scarecrow temprorarily, like in the game. Like, you pick up the item and throw it and for like, I don't know, 5 seconds?, everyone turns into one of those scarecrow things giving you a chance to own.

Good idea? Bad idea? That's all I could think of, sorry.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think he types/post like how he speaks, so I advise just moving on to the next post if it bothers you that much.

Being from an urban neighborhood and talking SOMEHWHAT like that myself, I can tell that he's obviously faking the way he types.

A good item: Lazy Shell? Like a regular shell only much more powerful.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
A good item: Lazy Shell? Like a regular shell only much more powerful.
That would be an awesome item. If I remember right, you kick it at the enemy, right?

I was also thinking of maybe the punch or mega glove, and it could be a big glove you get that hits powerful blows...but that would be too similar to the home run bat.

Top Bottom