• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm waiting Jimmy.

GUYS WE CANT USE THE POLL AS EVIDENCE BECAUSE OF WHAT RDK SAID EARLIER.

Anyways I'm still waiting for you to reply to my counter-arguement.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm waiting Jimmy.

GUYS WE CANT USE THE POLL AS EVIDENCE BECAUSE OF WHAT RDK SAID EARLIER.

Anyways I'm still waiting for you to reply to my counter-arguement.
We're arguing against assumptions and opinions...

The poll at least shows that Sakurai saw that people were interested in the character. He also looked into the character.

It's not like anyone has any real evidence for or against any character in the first place...except Krystal (Voice actor) and Ridley (Who is going to be in, though form unknown)

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Olimer and Krystal I would say has a high chance...

I really don't think that about Lucario though

Bowser Jr. might be inevitable but I'm not sure of his chances...

But I highly doubt wolf
i dunno about wolf anymore, fox's dark suit confirmation deconfirms wolfs deconfirmation (if that makes any sense) so i think he still has a chance

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
bowser jr., olimar, krystal, wolf, lucario, for nintendo characters.

edit: ^^ in response to chi's post
Lucario and Wolf.......... wow.......

Krystal and Ridly stand an equal chance, and I do believe they are going to be in it. Along with K Rool, a slight possibility of Bowser JR (but probably not). There's a slight chance of Olimar, but I doubt it.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
think about it Psycho, Sonic wasn't on that poll and yet he was the top requested! We can't use the poll anymore!

Also Jimmy unless you're willing to respond to my post, then game, set and match.

nuff' said.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Some of your points are very good but your missing one thing.
To begin with you all here know sakurai's journal right ? Where he takes like what ? 200 Entries out of the 10,000 He gets ? And want to know who had 5 Journal entries ? Geno! And these were hand-picked by sakurai and staff so guesswhat ? They think he's interesting LoL! And Diddy may have been obvious , King dedede was a bit also , Ike ... o.O Still a bit obvious but the point is he DOES Listen to those results (All of these from melee ranked high on those polls or did well:Shiek Zelda Ganondorf Bowser Peach Falco Marth Mewtwo younglink.) Hmm gee the only ones that weren't besides the Smash 64 ones and MR G&W And IC , After that you have the clones like Doc Pichu and Roy ... Hmm i wonder , All those 9 ? Can it be ? It is!
So in the end he DOES Listen to people (Comprehend sonic plawkx.) and he has interest in the puppet which has a fairly high chance , Maybe he's not a "Shoo-in" But he has a well chance.
They also though Little Mac was interesting, and he turned out to be an AT, and he wasn't a retro-secondary-retro-third party character.

Sonic was one of the most obvious choices in history. As soon as Snake showed his mg and it was said that there would be other third party characters I immediately knew that Sonic was in. It would be stupid not to put him in. And so far there is no proof that the poll altered his resulting roster. The poll simply coincided with the poll. I'm afraid that it is most likely that you all will be particularly dissapointed when Geno won't be in Brawl.

'Nuff said.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I wasn't saying Krystal won't be in Brawl, because I think she will be, but I was saying her chances are about the same as Geno's.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Such as? Listen, I'm not trolling as some less apreciative people around here claim. I'm merely stating fact.

Fact:
It costs money and game rights to get a character in

Only if 3rd Party, due to a loophole Geno is Second Party. A geno hater even looked into this.
Fact:
A character more well known will attract more customers than one that's less well known

Sakurai isn't about who is popular. FACT

Fact:
Characters that have been in retro games aren't as well known as ones that aren't.

True.

Fact:
Characters that don't have their own series aren't as well known as ones that do.

Characters that are retro aren't as well know, FACT.

Fact:
Characters that have only been in one game aren't as well known asones that do.

IC, Lucas, Ness, Roy(His game was after melee), Shiek...etc.

Fact:
Geno has been in only one retro game that wasn't his series where he was a secondary character and is third party.

See loophole and Geno is important to the plot that he had to collect the stars (See my past posts about star collecting being important.)

Fact:
If a character is less known he will make less profit that characters that are.

Not a fact. Due to Geno's rights S/E has a set amount for him set all Nintendo has to do is either pay or give credit.

Fact:
Nintendo cares primarily about profit.

Not all true, we don't know that for sure, hell Sakurai is even naming this a FAN SERVICE GAME.

Well, absolutely all of those were indisputable facts that all point to Geno having insanely slim chances.

Or decent to high chances

'Nuff said.
What you said.

*still waiting for counter response from Jimmy* brb

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysilverrims
Such as? Listen, I'm not trolling as some less apreciative people around here claim. I'm merely stating fact.

Fact:
It costs money and game rights to get a character in

Only if 3rd Party, due to a loophole Geno is Second Party. A geno hater even looked into this.
Fact:
A character more well known will attract more customers than one that's less well known

Sakurai isn't about who is popular. FACT

Fact:
Characters that have been in retro games aren't as well known as ones that aren't.

True.

Fact:
Characters that don't have their own series aren't as well known as ones that do.

Characters that are retro aren't as well know, FACT.

Fact:
Characters that have only been in one game aren't as well known asones that do.

IC, Lucas, Ness, Roy(His game was after melee), Shiek...etc.

Fact:
Geno has been in only one retro game that wasn't his series where he was a secondary character and is third party.

See loophole and Geno is important to the plot that he had to collect the stars (See my past posts about star collecting being important.)

Fact:
If a character is less known he will make less profit that characters that are.

Not a fact. Due to Geno's rights S/E has a set amount for him set all Nintendo has to do is either pay or give credit.

Fact:
Nintendo cares primarily about profit.

Not all true, we don't know that for sure, hell Sakurai is even naming this a FAN SERVICE GAME.

Well, absolutely all of those were indisputable facts that all point to Geno having insanely slim chances.

Or decent to high chances

'Nuff said.

What you said.

How are you going to respond to this, Jimmy?
You're correct. My logic is irrefutable. There are only a few spots for third party characters and there are much more profitable characters to use than some little known character.

Oh, and you are now an official 'Nuff saider. Welcome to the club, but I'm afraid this tennis game is going into a breakpoint.

'Nuff said.

I wasn't saying Krystal won't be in Brawl, because I think she will be, but I was saying her chances are about the same as Geno's.
ahh i dont think soo: shes in a nintendo game, shes female, shes apeared in multiple games (none of them cameo apperances), she been in more recent games, and is more widely recognizable.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
To what I said above, Geno still has insanely slim chances, even if there were some exceptions for other, mor popular characters before him, and Sakurai, like all project leaders, likes money, and let's face it, Geno brings in less and wastes more money than a more popular character like Megaman or Bomberman.

'Nuff said.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow, you people get really dramatic over a little character in a video game.
Good one.

You come in here with arguments why he shouldnt be in and we give arguments of why he should be. Yet, we're the ones that are too dramatic even though the two sides are doing the exact same thing.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
They also though Little Mac was interesting, and he turned out to be an AT, and he wasn't a retro-secondary-retro-third party character.

Sonic was one of the most obvious choices in history. As soon as Snake showed his mg and it was said that there would be other third party characters I immediately knew that Sonic was in. It would be stupid not to put him in. And so far there is no proof that the poll altered his resulting roster. The poll simply coincided with the poll. I'm afraid that it is most likely that you all will be particularly dissapointed when Geno won't be in Brawl.

'Nuff said.
Little mac also didn't rank very high on the poll's(If i can remember straight.) and had a stale moveset ? Was only mentioned once in the journal and sakurai had more interest into geno.

Hmm this is a fanbase game ? Geh i wonder...Also PT Ranked 3rd on the pokemon catigory on the melee poll's Lucas ranked top 10 and Sonic...
You want me to tell you the REAL Reason sonic got in ? FANBASE REQUSTS AND MOAR FANBASES.
It doesen't have to do with this "ZOMG ULTIMANTE SHOW-DOWN" It just has to do with fanbases.
Now i do get one point with "Sonic is more popular then geno" But Geno can't be used out of Nintendo's legal rights for square ? They are NOT The same situation as a third-party character thus making it easier , And why shouldn't they revive an old great unique character for the price of not so much since the fan's want it ? Sakurai already broung back Pit and IC's From the dead so he clearly can easily do so with geno , Fan's want him and he is a unique and good character.
The poll has to do with what fans want , Also explain how there were 10,000 entries and sakurai out of the handful that he picked picked 5 for geno to the same number that HIS OWN CREATION Had ? Of course he's not super-likely but he has a well chance.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You're correct. My logic is irrefutable. There are only a few spots for third party characters and there are much more profitable characters to use than some little known character.

Oh, and you are now an official 'Nuff saider. Welcome to the club, but I'm afraid this tennis game is going into a breakpoint.

'Nuff said.

Obviously you haven't seen the loophole post, ask Serosfan about it. Oh and someone mentioned profit think about the cost of a character first before they're let in, Geno's set price is smaller then Sonic or Snake, he was only included in M&L:SS because SE and Nintendo got along again. If they were able to put him in like *BAM* that then I see no problem for him to be in Brawl.

You could say Geno IS 3RD Party, but from the legal loophole stand point he's SECOND.

brb/bbl

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
ahh i dont think soo: shes in a nintendo game, shes female, shes apeared in multiple games (none of them cameo apperances), she been in more recent games, and is more widely recognizable.

The whole little contest you guys masturbate to of who has appeared in more games is useless. Once again see Pikachu and Jiggly in SSB, Marth, Roy, IC, Sheik, etc.

She's female? Are you seriously using that as a reason that she has to get in? Well I guess Geno is definately getting in because he's a DOLL!

Geno was also in Nintendo games and is more popular and known anyway.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Have you guys noticed that character specific threads, spend more than half their time debating why a character should be in? it's sad really.

first off jiggs and pika have been in most every pokemon game to date, and i have heard people say that sakauri was looking to add more females to the roster, and that is not the only reason. If you guys looked at our whole posts instead of just the stuff you can think up arguments against then youd realize that we do have good points.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
That's because while supporters are tlakng about movesets and other stuff for the character, a group of 5 people comes in every now and then and starts arguments with everyone because they just bash the character for no reason. I haven't even looked, but I'm sure we have some Waluigi and Goomba threads somewhere, and you don't see me going in there to talk **** even thought I obviously disagree with them being in it.

At the time of Smash 64, they were only in R/B. Or I may be wrong because of Pokemon Snap.

RDK

Smash Hero
Have you guys noticed that character specific threads, spend more than half their time debating why a character should be in? it's sad really.
What's the point of character specific threads, then?

And Enigma, I'm still waiting for your "counter-response".

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Geno was on poll,
mario rpg players would be happy
Mario rpg will probably be on virtual console b4 the game comes out.
Everything works out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, honestly, this is getting pointless, I'll never sway any of you guys and all I'm going to get is a big "You're wrong." Honestly, I'd rather go back to my old standby thread, this one's getting tedious. We'll all see who's right when Brawl comes out.

So long, farewell, until we meet again.

'Nuff said.
What the hell do you expect to happen? Did you think you had some kind of meaning or point to accomplish in this thread?

Well DUH, nothing happened. If YOU were making the game YOU'D have some say, but since your not...what's the point?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, honestly, this is getting pointless, I'll never sway any of you guys and all I'm going to get is a big "You're wrong." Honestly, I'd rather go back to my old standby thread, this one's getting tedious. We'll all see who's right when Brawl comes out.

So long, farewell, until we meet again.

'Nuff said.

Good decision. Everyone's stand is pure opinion. Debating is alright, but each side has valid(or invalid) reasons for him to be in or out. Honestly, I think his chances are pretty high myself, but I dont have Sakurais thought pattern, so we'll only know once the game comes out

Character inclusion is not based on pure logic, how is jigglypuff logical?

just my 2 cents.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Something tells me that Geno is going to be kept secret even if he's included.. i mean think about it, theres not such a great advantage at revealing him since hes not overly popular bringing a big fanbase... so hes kinda the perfect secret character to keept quiet about.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Good decision. Everyone's stand is pure opinion. Debating is alright, but each side has valid(or invalid) reasons for him to be in or out. Honestly, I think his chances are pretty high myself, but I dont have Sakurais thought pattern, so we'll only know once the game comes out

just my 2 cents.
Jiggly was the most popular Pokemon in Japan when Smash 64 was being made.

So we all agree to disagree? yay?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Alongside Pikachu, Jiggly was one of the most recognizable and popular Pokemon at the time SSB was being made in 64 (If I recall correctly, Pika was first [duh], and Jiggly was RIGHT after him). Sakurai could have gone with his original plans to include Sigurd or Pit, but we got Jiggly for fan service, which is good, because Jiggly pwns.

Dang it Teeb and Chi, you beat me too it >_> Still, bet ya didn't know about the Sigurd and Pit part?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Jiggly was the most popular Pokemon in Japan when Smash 64 was being made.

So we all agree to disagree? yay?

...seriously? what about pichu and roy? were they also?

I still think geno would be the perfect hidden character.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I applaud your objectivity and I admire your collective ness and thank you for your compliments. I enjoy having an intelligent debate with equally intelligent people.

However, I must intervene when you compare Geno to Megaman or Bomberman. Both Megaman and Bomberman are icon, representing not only their game franchises that have become wildly popular, but also an entire company, acting as a mascot of sorts. Geno once was a mascot before being replaced, was only in one game and, let's face it, is not as mainstream as other third party canidates. So, technically, Bomberman and Megaman have more going for them than Geno, and thusly have a better chance.

Honestly, Nintendo will be looking at profit, not just one poll, if anything the poll was to get people psyched about Brawl, not drastically alter the roster. Nintendo will be looking at not just popular, exciting characters but the most popular and exciting characters. Megaman, Bomberman, heck, even Rayman and Pac-man are more popular than him, just look at the massive amout of fan-sites, official works and company support. Even Pac-Man has had recent games and Rayman has hit hard with the popular Rabbid series. Geno, not so much, less popular and more remembered.

'Nuff said.
Talking from a realistic point of view; Yes Megaman and Bomberman are more important than Geno since they are icons and have been in a series of games. Although that being case, that doesn't make Geno unimportant, just not as important as them. Like I said, in the end it's all going to come down to who Sakurai thinks would be best for SSBB. Geno as just as popuar as those characters, and i'm not using the polls as proof, I'm using this thread, as well as other SSB forums that I've been too. There's always a mention of Geno. Geno is not just a popular character, he is memorable and unique as well. Keep in mind everyone also has their own tastes and preferences. While some people consider Megaman so popular, others don't because they don't know him well, and this applies to Geno and other characters as well. There is a reason why Geno has scored so high in the polls, not that I'm saying he will be in the game because of that. Because of course in the end, as said before, it all comes down to who Sakurai thinks will fit best. Being that this game will probably have a 35-45 rooster, I'd say all those characters have an equal chance of being PC. Remember that popularity isn't everything, Sakurai has taken risks in the past, when he added characters like Marth and Roy, Mr. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers. Having a good rooster so far, there's nothing stopping Sakurai from taking risks again and adding characters he thinks will be fit. It's for this reason why I say Geno, Megaman, Bomberman, etc. all have an equal chance of being in Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think Marth and Roy were made to promote Fire Emblem outside of Japan.
It was supposed to be Marth and sigurd (with MARTH as the clone), but Nintendo insisted on Roy as advertisement for a new FE game. Who knows why Sakurai went with Marth instead of Sigurd, but whatever, Sakurai wanted FE in the first game, and Roy was there to promote the revival of the series in Japan, NOT a world-wide scale.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
My brothers and sisters, we all must hope for Geno tomorrow, I have a good feeling that we are getting a newcomer tomorrow.

Top Bottom